Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Game Ban W/O item exploiting (Read 67705 times)
Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Game Ban W/O item exploiting
Reply #50 - May 26th, 2014 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
This is precisely the reason why I trade directly with people I know and trust  Wink

Eliminate the middle man. Nothing good comes out of it...anymore.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #51 - May 27th, 2014 at 12:46am
Print Post  
cyr, The PIMP!! wrote:

Quote:
Waaaaaa!!! I want my goodies!!! you all big dum dums! give me goodies!!!!  Make Ranger shut-up! big stupid facts! Give me goodies!!!

You know pimp, as your friend I worry about you, and care about you, really I do.

The first step in getting better is admitting what you are, and what is holding you back.

Don't be afraid buddy, your in a safe place here, we all love you... you can say it, we will support you...

That's it! just say I'm a dirty fucking dupe buying pimp and Turbine is holding me back by taking my bitches! and I hate that I got caught!

Great first step The PIMP!! you'r going to be all right buddy.... poor, yeah real poor, and banned, yeah real banned.... but all right!
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 12:47am by »  

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #52 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Sigh.

Grammar.

Sorry to hear Cyr.  One thought though if you want to get over this current  silliness,  I suspect the process that gets you those shards is most of the fun to you.  You could just set yourself up a target that within 6 months you would have the same or more.  Willing to bet you will too.

Personally I loathe shopping and watching for bargains drives me to tears of boredom,  but I respect those who enjoy the trading metagame. I just bet you would be a top dog pretty quickly again.

Sucks now though.  :/  I get the impression there isn't much care about these sorts of losses so I doubt  you'll get much of a response. I'm trying to get justice for a friend about something else at the moment (thread on forums)  and there is just nothing.

I hope you stay but would understand if you said f em and go.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:23am
Print Post  
roll 2 alt accounts.
trade friends for mats and items, if you want to play again use 2nd alt as mule.

if you dont want to play again. Then trade for duped mats items, play new mini game of mail and sell duped goods. report people from 2nd alt account

we hope to see you in game selling and trading to guys like imaranger and fire feets.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 2:24am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #54 - May 27th, 2014 at 4:22am
Print Post  
No need to hope, he has been trading to guys like imaranger and myself well before now.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 4:24am by »  

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #55 - May 27th, 2014 at 4:41am
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 8:22pm:
Had 4.2K or so shards a few weeks ago from years of buying/selling.  Bought ALOT of stuff with it.  The stuff I bought recently was scales/ingots which is pretty typical for volume as lots of selling/reselling of those going on for last few months and with a volatile price profits are there, but so is risk.  Figured it was surplus inventory that someone like me had built up and was dumping because they wanted more shard liquidity/diversification of stock...which is what I also do when I buy up inventories and run low on shards I sell off for small profits/small losses to get liquid funds going again/diversify my funds so I can get deals when I see them.

The 4.2K shards...jeez tons and tons of ingredients from buy/resell (since ASAH came out), augments, EE items, pretty much anything I pulled that I could sell and my main did not need and anything that I saw for a good deal on the ASAH and resold later.

No offense but it's your own damn fault.. Reselling is one thing, reselling obviously duped items because they are way too cheap is entirely another. There's always a risk that Turbine will put an end to it. The increasing Shard Exchange Sales and the constant whining of our forum heroes - correct me if I am wrong - were the reasons they jumped in to put an end to the first huge duping exploit last year. Same happens now (for the past month), you really should of known better.

People get reckless with duping and Turbine hits them with the ban hammer. That's why "careful" dupers and profiting people do not get banned, in contrary to those that sell their shit in the trade window, in large stacks on the shard exchange, or those who offer them openly to others making sure they know those things are duped.. of course, the second group gets banned, and then they cry Turbine bans only 5% of dupers.. yes, they do, but only the dumb ones.

“When you play a game of thrones you win or you die.” ^.^
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 4:43am by Quak »  

IP Logged

WP
Waterworks Kobold

All of life's problems
can be solved by kicking

Reply #56 - May 27th, 2014 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Been there, done that. Guilty or not if you had duped items they don't care. My mule account was banned just for sharing same IP. Not a single character was participating in any eXploit nor had any duped item.

Well - years of being player who was staying away from eXploits gave my 100% power. Getting in 'circle of power" boost my power with another 400%. Knowledge gained lately gave me another shot of 500%... In three months main guy became more powerful then ever.

Is it worth it? I don't know. One thing is sure - game will never be the same. But atleast I can gladly run EE and don't suck on it.

Thank you TURDBINE. Thank you fucking much!

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #57 - May 27th, 2014 at 6:22am
Print Post  

IP Logged

WP
Waterworks Kobold

All of life's problems
can be solved by kicking

Reply #58 - May 27th, 2014 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Quote:

Yep... it's kinda like that Wink i wonder is there Czech version of Heman cause I was laughing like crazy while I was watching Star Wars The New Hope with Czech dubbing.

IP Logged

Pallai
Stormreaver Piker

Keeper of the Rangersauce

Reply #59 - May 27th, 2014 at 9:48am
Print Post  
On one hand, you had to have known that they're looking for large stacks of ingredients... right now I stay away from the greedy abomination that is the Shard House.  I'm afraid to buy or post anything except items.

On the other hand... Turbine set up the Shard House so they could profit.  For the most part Shards = RL money spent in the store (at least the initial investment).  They're really shooting themselves in the foot doing this.  Yes, the economy is borked, yes, people are exploiting, but they're going to chase a ton of legit players away from the game.

What's done is done.  Turbine, stop with the EXXXXXTREEEEME PREJUDICE and fix the exploits.  Too many people are fed up with Turbine and will not come back after a 14 day ban, especially if you are strip mining their inventory.  Fix bags and interfaces, and move on.  Because making players afraid to use the stupid money grabbing ASAH isn't helping your bottom line.

I'm not entirely sure who is giving marching orders over there, but they sure can't see the bottom line for the trees.  Roll Eyes

Pallai, Ascent
Saraphima, Chennai, Northenstar, Chellai Nothing Personal
Argonessen

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #60 - May 27th, 2014 at 10:56am
Print Post  
4.2k shards is pretty good "wealth", good enough not to worry about rerolling, feats changing, some daily roll, some nice item now and then.

It's not that good now ( like few months after eGH I had around 9 - 10k ) but still can sell stuff. 3-4, 4 tomes, decent SH/Wheloon rewards, few named items, 3 stat helm, even named heroic junk sells for 10 -20.

Trying to make profit from obviously duped goods ( I wanted to give you benefit of doubt but obv you know your way around the ah/asah ) was a bad decision.

I did stupid things too, like impulsive buying or gold rolls binge or buying EE GH stuff "cheap" before Shadowfell without Shadowfell items knowledge.

All in all I think making profit from duped goods is enough for the ban. Should have sticked to items.
Maybe they check quest history/raid completions ( I know they can do that from dealing with GM when 20 th were borked ) and if you don't have that ...

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 10:59am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - May 27th, 2014 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Cyr wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 5:06pm:
I just got a ban for item exploiting...which is bull shit because I do not dupe items or even trade for dupable items almost ever...and certainly not recently.

Only thing I can think of (and which makes sense based upon Turbine's incompetence) is that Turbine decided that stacks of items on the ASAH should be investigated and their investigation was the most moronic one ever....log onto toon check number of items...

Problem with that of course is that I regularly buy stacks when I see them for a good deal and the resell them later.

Recently I dropped 4K shards on items and am in the process of reselling them.  So I have tons of inventory still on my account.

I expect Turbine to ignore an official appeal I filed (because incompetence...), ban my forum account, and fuck up my inventory while they are at it.

That many shards worth of product is just not something I will swallow and keep playing afterwards.  So looks like Turbine finally will make me quit the game for good and any future Turbine products while they are at it.

Here is a copy of my post on the official forums.

Account Ban W/O item duping...

Some background...

I buy large amounts of goods from the ASAH when I see deals.

I also resell those goods on the ASAH.

By large amounts I means I spent literally over 4000 shards recently on items.

I have since made back about 3500 shards.

So lots of stuff.

I received an email from Turbine without being contacted ingame that my account had a ban for 14 days for 'an item exploit'...with NO OTHER DETAILS GIVEN which is also unacceptable.

Clearly Turbine is not even doing more then looking at stack sizes on peoples accounts now. That is unacceptable behavior.

I know I know, Turbine does not like being called out on their BS and will shut the thread.

The only way to get Turbine to fix their own bad behavior is to raise a public voice about it.

So here it is. Long time player who raised a huge outcry about the shroud exploiting back in the day is saying...watch out because Turbine is now banning people for having goods acquired on the ASAH!

This is not some random 10 post guy who no ones knows, but someone who most long time forumites know.

Hopefully some of the forumites will see this before it gets deep sixed and pass along the news that Turbine is acting in Mayban fashion again and my likely forum ban serves some purpose.

Later guys.

You got caught laundering "duped" property, what's hard to understand about that?  Yes, Turbine punishes laundering as harshly as they punish the original dupers (see past history).  Without you laundering fools, most duping would die out because the dupers would eventually get whatever they need personally and stop.  So yes again, you're a critical piece in the dupeconomy.  You're the grease that makes the duping gears turn. Shocked

You want to maintain your patina of innocence, stay out of an economy that's absolutely flooded with duped goods.  Or, restrict your buying of goods to that which can never be duped.

Claiming you're innocent when you're clearing selling boxes of iPhones in a Chinese street market is laughable at best and willfully ignorant at worst.  In either case, welcome to the Vault, as everyone is innocent here, just like in prison.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 11:06am by iliveyourdream13 »  

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #62 - May 27th, 2014 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
What exact rule did Cyr break that deserved a ban?  Unless the items specifically stated they were duped there's no way any guilt could be assumed upon the purchase of the goods when the purchase is via the in-game marketplace.

If you want to take Turbine's side and say that anything that is offered at too low of a price is obviously duped (please be willing to provide the formula to determine when an item is too low), then that item should not be allowed to be sold - or else the store should be closed down.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #63 - May 27th, 2014 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 11:05am:
You got caught laundering "duped" property, what's hard to understand about that? 

another member of the IMARAGER microcephalic club.

there are a ton of players out there who don't read forums, who have no clue about duping, who are buying things from the ASAH and AH.

guess they should all get banned too?  you guys should work for Turbine.  you're smart enough.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - May 27th, 2014 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 1:06pm:
another member of the IMARAGER microcephalic club.

there are a ton of players out there who don't read forums, who have no clue about duping, who are buying things from the ASAH and AH.

guess they should all get banned too?  you guys should work for Turbine.  you're smart enough.

Well, considering OP obviously knew enough to post about his mistaken id as a duper, I'd hardly say he was ignorant.

I suppose there are some Forrest Gump players out there who don't know enough to post on the mother forums, then come right over to the Vault to post about their post which is about to get locked.  Let me know when you find one.

The OP also clearly thinks of itself as innocent because they activitely claim unawareness are to the origin of said goods, but they sure do know a lot about what goods are valuable and when they are valuable?  So they operate with a high degree of knowledge about the economy, but don't even claim pure ignorance when it comes to duping, just not doing it themselves.

Smart dupers haven't got caught.  Stupid dupers and stupider dupestributors are who's getting busted left and right.  Don't make enemies in game, know how to run a tight ship, you'll be a-ok.  Buying stacks of obviously duped goods off the either AH right now is like a corner store owner buying cartons of cigarettes off some guy in a parking lot when the cops are driving past to the 911 at the supermarket he just robbed at gunpoint.  Sure, maybe he got them at a discount or maybe that gun in his waistband isn't actually a Halloween costume like he says it is.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - May 27th, 2014 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:43pm:
What exact rule did Cyr break that deserved a ban?  Unless the items specifically stated they were duped there's no way any guilt could be assumed upon the purchase of the goods when the purchase is via the in-game marketplace.

If you want to take Turbine's side and say that anything that is offered at too low of a price is obviously duped (please be willing to provide the formula to determine when an item is too low), then that item should not be allowed to be sold - or else the store should be closed down.

I'm not taking anyone's side. 

I'm telling you what reality is and saying if you want to avoid the Turbine anal probing, you better accept that is the reality and adjust your expectations accordingly.  You're the one suspending disbelief that people are getting pinched for dupestribution, even though this has clearly been Turbine's defacto policy.

Ignorance is bliss, until they kick in your door.  Too bad the cookie crumb trail leads right to some of yours.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 1:35pm by iliveyourdream13 »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #66 - May 27th, 2014 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 1:28pm:
Buying stacks of obviously duped goods off the either AH right now is like a corner store owner buying cartons of cigarettes off some guy in a parking lot when the cops are driving past to the 911 at the supermarket he just robbed at gunpoint. 

what is a stack of "obviously duped goods?"  10?  100?  1000?

I've seen stacks of 100 ingots for 500k on the AH, are they obviously duped?  I've seen stacks of 100 ingots on the ASAH for 500 shards, are they obviously duped?  I've seen stacks of 20 ingots for 50k, are they obviously duped?

you guys make it sound like he bought a stacks of 100 ingots for 5 shards.  all he said was 'I buy deals.'  that could mean anything you ignorant jackals.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 1:38pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #67 - May 27th, 2014 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Don't play dumb.
Draco gem for 100 is duped.
I would say EVERY ingot is duped considering huge amounts needed.
Those three 15 spell craft augments for same 200 price are duped.
During card trading I would check other servers asah.
Those stacks of 100 scales for 20 - 50 shards are duped.
Meteoric Ruby or Meridian Fragment for 200 is duped.
You are not sure ? Don't fucking touch it then.

Sure someone can play monopoly and buy every damn thing there and relist it ( heck I would do that with Green scales before Dupapalooza ).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
i love all these dicklcikers who come in here and start with the youre guilty because you brought and sold duped goods. And that youre the reason why duping keeps going on.-- wow ilivedreams, youve hit a new low for moronic douche shattering your previous record for it-

Love your analysis and stats there guys. after youre done with your bullshit here make sure to extract that long shit stained dick out your ass and wipe it clean with your tongue.

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 2:09pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Barcode
Korthos Resident

File Not Found! WTF

Reply #69 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
back when fire dragon and shadow dragon scales were flooding The ASAH it was easy cough clean them and sell them and pick them up on main. No ban here.

Now how that many FDS and SDS got on the ASHA and bought within seconds I'll Never tell.. Cool
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 2:15pm by Barcode »  

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #70 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
All those posting "don't buy duped goods" are merely trying to keep folks from bidding against them on the ASAH and driving up the price.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #71 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 1:45pm:
Don't play dumb.
Draco gem for 100 is duped.
I would say EVERY ingot is duped considering huge amounts needed.
Those three 15 spell craft augments for same 200 price are duped.
During card trading I would check other servers asah.
Those stacks of 100 scales for 20 - 50 shards are duped.
Meteoric Ruby or Meridian Fragment for 200 is duped.
You are not sure ? Don't fucking touch it then.

Sure someone can play monopoly and buy every damn thing there and relist it ( heck I would do that with Green scales before Dupapalooza ).

Fuck I wish I could find a meteoric star for 200 fucking shards. I've been scouring the asah daily and haven't even seen one at ANY price.  Angry

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 1:36pm:
what is a stack of "obviously duped goods?"  10?  100?  1000?

I've seen stacks of 100 ingots for 500k on the AH, are they obviously duped?  I've seen stacks of 100 ingots on the ASAH for 500 shards, are they obviously duped?  I've seen stacks of 20 ingots for 50k, are they obviously duped?

you guys make it sound like he bought a stacks of 100 ingots for 5 shards.  all he said was 'I buy deals.'  that could mean anything you ignorant jackals.

Your operating assumption should be, everything is duped.  And if it's not duped, it's gotten by players duping raid timers.

DDO is now a fully functioning kleptocracy.  You can't avoid it, you can only accept it, and hope they don't come for you, or your enemies don't rat you out.

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #73 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Turbine should probably police the sellers not the buyers. Seems like entrapment. But if you going to buy duped shit and flip it don't come here and give us the holier than thou speech. Live by the sword. Cool

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 2:22pm:
All those posting "don't buy duped goods" are merely trying to keep folks from bidding against them on the ASAH and driving up the price.

Uh, no, I don't want to be targeted as a dupestributor.

Whatever actions I may or may not engage in, I'm certainly going to run that like La Cosa Nostra, while the rest of you post your exploits on facebook and tweet about it.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Send TopicPrint