Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) No Ban with item exploiting (Read 7508 times)
Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Re: No Ban with item exploiting
Reply #25 - May 27th, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Here are all the fucks I give:

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - May 27th, 2014 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Just state your in game toon's names, state exactly what you have in your inventory and we'll report you asap.

Cheers.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 27th, 2014 at 11:17am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 6:57pm:
If you disregard the heavy sarcasm, he does make a good point.  It seems like turbine is targeting people with astral shards.  I also know someone who got banned who was a heavy ASAH trader. 

Ummm, you understand why its easier to crack down on laundering than drug dealing right?  Way more informed records of the transactions.

Same principle applies here.  Turbine can't find the dupers, but they can track auction sales.

Receiving "stolen" property is still a crime, and it's been clear for ages that Turbine considers buying stacks of questionable goods the same as receiving "duped" property.  Fences crying about getting caught is weak sauce.  They don't have the guts to do the dirty work themselves, but they're more than inclined to turn a blind eye to the origin of the goods and make a quick buck.  Unfortunately for them, their risk is actually greater than that of the OD (original duper).

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #28 - May 27th, 2014 at 11:27am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 6:57pm:
If you disregard the heavy sarcasm, he does make a good point.  It seems like turbine is targeting people with astral shards.  I also know someone who got banned who was a heavy ASAH trader. 

This is quite scary, I try to keep above 5k shards, sold maybe ~ 15k worth of shit since asah was introduced.
I just hope they at least have some trading or quest log to check before extreme prejudice™.

IP Logged

Chris
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 27th, 2014 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My point was that unless you are really fucking stupid, and really fucking careless you, or make really petty enemies, you are not going to get a ban.

When I see people post that they had 5000 then 3500 Astral shards going in and out, and claim it was all legit I tend to roll my eyes. Astral Shards are as closely linked to real cash as Turby gets, so fucking around with them is just beggin for a Ban.

This whole "I was not exploiting Boo-hooo" thread seems like BS to me.

Sorry for the confusion, I will use my Sarcasm font next time. Grin

Yea, I know more peeps that got banned and raped the first time, then I do for the second time. But I hear some circles got heavily rapped this time... but I've never been caught, tho those closest to me who are stupid enough to TYPE and MAIL items in LARGE quality deserve to be removed from the 'genre pool'.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #30 - May 27th, 2014 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Okay here is a test, did you buy any stacks of Fire scales, shadow scales, ingots, black stones, during the first week after U21?

Bullshit. There are people that play the game that don't read this board or the pisshole main board. If they see a bargain on the AH, what are they to do? Think, "Oh no, I'll let someone else buy that cheap ingredient, it's probably duped" every time?

I don't use the ASAH but if I did I'd sort by Buyout and buy anything good looking in the cheap aisle. If that got me a ban I'd be rightly pissed off.

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - May 27th, 2014 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:26pm:
Bullshit. There are people that play the game that don't read this board or the pisshole main board. If they see a bargain on the AH, what are they to do? Think, "Oh no, I'll let someone else buy that cheap ingredient, it's probably duped" every time?

I don't use the ASAH but if I did I'd sort by Buyout and buy anything good looking in the cheap aisle. If that got me a ban I'd be rightly pissed off.

If they're smart enough to "know" a bargain, then they're smart enough to read both forums.

Those genius players who don't vulture watch either are like unicorns, a myth.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 1:37pm by iliveyourdream13 »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 27th, 2014 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Okay here is a test, did you buy any stacks of Fire scales, shadow scales, ingots, black stones, during the first week after U21 at any time in this game ever?

ftfy

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #33 - May 27th, 2014 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 1:37pm:
If they're smart enough to "know" a bargain, then they're smart enough to read both forums.

it is so difficult to use the sort button to see which prices are high and which are low.  only a forum reader could possibly figure that out. Roll Eyes

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 27th, 2014 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:26pm:

Hey, hey, take it easy there girl!  now, now, that's it calm down, poor little Kummy Fairy you know how much it hurts you when you use harsh language. My goodness! you are just shaking like a leaf you poor thing, what has you so frightened and angry? what? oh you silly little fairy no! they are not going to find the stack of 5k ingots and phlogiston on your alt account!! No way they will, it's the huge stack of Astral shards that will get you assfucked Kummy, and you are not stupid enough to do that are you?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #35 - May 27th, 2014 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 1:37pm:

How on earth does one relate to the other? There are plenty of players who read neither forum. I only read this one because there's less endless bickering.

There's also those players who can spot when 10 of an ingredient they need is, say, only 20% of the price of something else valuable.

I don't geddit. Are you implying that you have to read related forums to know the in-game value of items/ingredients?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #36 - May 27th, 2014 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hey, hey, take it easy there girl!  now, now, that's it calm down, poor little Kummy Fairy you know how much it hurts you when you use harsh language. My goodness! you are just shaking like a leaf you poor thing, what has you so frightened and angry? what? oh you silly little fairy no! they are not going to find the stack of 5k ingots and phlogiston on your alt account!! No way they will, it's the huge stack of Astral shards that will get you assfucked Kummy, and you are not stupid enough to do that are you?

I don't know, I'm pretty stupid so I wouldn't assume anything. In fact I'm so stupid I don't even know what exploit we're talking about today. I swear a lot because it's how I was brought up innit. Facking Laaahndan.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint