Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Questions about Shiradi (Read 2212 times)
Ewilan
Waterworks Kobold

Questions about Shiradi
May 27th, 2014 at 5:01am
Print Post  
Hello,

I recently returned to the game after a very long break and I am now playing an adaptation of Zergod's Shiradi Wizard (14 wiz / 4 fvs / 2 monk).

I have a couple of questions about the way Shiradi works, and hopefully you guys have some answers.

1. Do maximize and empower affect the damage of the Shiradi procs?
-> My guess here is yes, I quickly tested this in shroud on the force Shiradi proc. Although I didn't save all the numbers, it truly seemed that the force procs had lower damage without maximize and empower. And considering maximize costs 1 spell point... (25 extra spell points -9 archmage enhancements -9 angel of vengeance enhancements -6 meridian augment = 1 spell point).

2. What determines the crit chance for the Shiradi procs?
-> It seems that for a long time, it was generally accepted that kinetic crit chance determined the crit change for Shiradi procs.. The true question here is.. am I crafting the 22% Kinetic crit chance on Thunder-Forged tier 3 or the universal 17%?

3. Finally, is it the spell power of the damaging element that is used to calculate damage on a shiradi proc or is it the spell power of the originating spell (therefore force spell power) ?
-> One again, it seems most people agree that it is the spell power of the damaging element that is used.. therefore you would want to have a lot of spell power in every element while keeping kinetic crit chance maxxed.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Questions about Shiradi
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2014 at 5:12am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ewilan
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #2 - May 27th, 2014 at 5:24am
Print Post  
My questions aren't about Zergod's build, but they are general questions on the way Shiradi works. It seems to me like the "DDO specific discussion" is the best place to ask. Also, I thought I would mention my build shared similarities with Zergod's build in order to give a "point" of reference. The split is the same, the way I play it is different Wink

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2014 at 8:39am
Print Post  
Metamagic feats do work on Shiradi, except for heighten. But they have to be on the original spell, like the magic missile.
I currently run with ALL meta's turned on, ya it costs a shit ton of SP, but hey, who runs out of SP anymore?
Crit chance and SP damage usually goes around Force, sonic, and light.

IP Logged

nietzsche
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2014 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Best way to maximize DPS SP wise is keeping Max and Emp always on and mark MM, CM and similar as "always off". So you will have low cost base spells and max/emp shiradi procs.

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2014 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Arbitoroflife wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 8:39am:
I currently run with ALL meta's turned on, ya it costs a shit ton of SP, but hey, who runs out of SP anymore?

Speaking of running, str is no longer a dump stat if you want to carry all that sp!

nietzsche wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 9:23am:
Best way to maximize DPS SP wise is keeping Max and Emp always on and mark MM, CM and similar as "always off". So you will have low cost base spells and max/emp shiradi procs.

That hasn't worked for some time.

Maximize/empower the wizzy SLAs and leave the rest if you want to conserve sp. Otherwise, as above.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 9:45am by itsmineisawitfirst »  

IP Logged

Ewilan
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2014 at 10:43am
Print Post  
itsmineisawitfirst wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 9:44am:
Speaking of running, str is no longer a dump stat if you want to carry all that sp!

Well, I wasn't around when everyone was duping everything, so I have no pots (not that you need them for any content really..).

itsmineisawitfirst wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 9:44am:
That hasn't worked for some time.

Maximize/empower the wizzy SLAs and leave the rest if you want to conserve sp. Otherwise, as above.

Good to know that's not working anymore. Maximize costs 1 SP so keeping it on is still quite efficient Wink

Thanks for the answers, has anyone tested if the crit chance for procs is still determined by Force crit chance?

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2014 at 10:56am
Print Post  
It is somewhere on the main forums. I am too fucking lazy to look for it.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #8 - May 27th, 2014 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Donuts

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #9 - May 28th, 2014 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Arbitoroflife wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 10:56am:
It is somewhere on the main forums. I am too fucking lazy to look for it.

Or google it..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint