Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Did anyone else watch the Twitch.tv U22 thing? (Read 19643 times)
BAMBIBEER
Dragon Raider

Stink puss

Re: Did anyone else watch the Twitch.tv U22 thing?
Reply #25 - May 31st, 2014 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Ok 8 10 years ago that might have work . Now well that whole show of there product was horrible . Looks like some Corp  bought a lemon from the used MMO lot . Gone surfing  real world calls . Have fun .
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2014 at 2:08pm by BAMBIBEER »  

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #26 - May 31st, 2014 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 31st, 2014 at 11:16am:
I will concede that it isn't easy to split attention between the game and external tasks, but that doesn't address the sloppy state of the characters he uses for these events.

He may or may not be a bad player, but it's clear that he can't be bothered to put 30 minutes into preparing his characters for the stream events, and that's inexcusable.

This kind of dismissive attitude toward representing the product is harmful. 

Take a little pride in yourself and the game, Jerry.

Maybe someone from the Players Council could craft a build for Cordo. Something which was dumb downed enough that he could understand it, but would at least be presentable to the public.That would fix the toon.

Losing 50 pounds, ditching that cheesy beard, and getting a decent haircut is a whole other set of to dos.

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #27 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Ya know, I don't care what they personally look like or that they aren't uber players.  I'd prefer they be uber devs than players.  I know Jerry isn't a dev, but he's not good at PR either.  Find someone who is.

To my mind, the criticisms are validly directed against poor presentation of their product.

The appearance of "we're running it from mum's garage" does not make me want to pull out my Credit card.

The best suggestions here are:
1. Be prepared.  Have the character/gear/hires that you need to do a good demo.
2. Do a dry run of whatever you plan to present, so you don't look stupid or spend time flaffing around.  Just be competent/familiar with it.
3. Pick content that showcases what you're trying to demo. Use the best playable version.  Don't use an Alpha version of code for an almost released product - it doesn't promote confidence at all.
4. Any PR material should aim to be professional.
I understand some off-the-cuff live material can be fun, but I just don't think Jerry is the man to do it.

What we just saw came across as incompetent,  incomplete and ill-prepared. SNAFU for Turdbine unfortunately.    Undecided

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 4:45am
Print Post  
+1

Really shocking part for me is that these seem to be getting more half-assed as they go along

Normally you would expect some improvement in presentation by now.

Does not inspire confidence. Sad

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #29 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 6:49am
Print Post  

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #30 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 6:54am
Print Post  
They should get Nixie Pixel to do the presentations, she seems like she might sell out for a sub or Turbine points Wink. And she has big boobs. Big female boobs i mean. Ones that you want to motorboat. Maybe 5,000 Turbine points is more than they pay Cordovan actually =/ I don't know, they would have to weigh the cost of peanuts vs 5,000 Turbine points and see what gives the most value between the two i guess.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2014 at 6:59am by �ed »  

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #31 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Listening to them makes me wonder if they just create level 15 characters all the time, play one quest on normal, and then think they are done playing for the day, they developed to be experts to comment on builds and quests to teach "our players" how to correctly deal with the game... dafuq, no wonder the game goes down the drain with such experts of the game "developing" it...

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #32 - Jun 1st, 2014 at 10:44am
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Jun 1st, 2014 at 6:54am:
They should get Nixie Pixel to do the presentations, she seems like she might sell out for a sub or Turbine points Wink. And she has big boobs. Big female boobs i mean. Ones that you want to motorboat. Maybe 5,000 Turbine points is more than they pay Cordovan actually =/ I don't know, they would have to weigh the cost of peanuts vs 5,000 Turbine points and see what gives the most value between the two i guess.

i googled nixie pixel
i wasnt disappointed!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jun 2nd, 2014 at 2:52am
Print Post  
-7000 hps is how you showcase the new content.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 2nd, 2014 at 3:08am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 1st, 2014 at 4:06am:
Ya know, I don't care what they personally look like or that they aren't uber players.  I'd prefer they be uber devs than players.  I know Jerry isn't a dev, but he's not good at PR either.  Find someone who is.

To my mind, the criticisms are validly directed against poor presentation of their product.

The appearance of "we're running it from mum's garage" does not make me want to pull out my Credit card.

The best suggestions here are:
1. Be prepared.  Have the character/gear/hires that you need to do a good demo.
2. Do a dry run of whatever you plan to present, so you don't look stupid or spend time flaffing around.  Just be competent/familiar with it.
3. Pick content that showcases what you're trying to demo. Use the best playable version.  Don't use an Alpha version of code for an almost released product - it doesn't promote confidence at all.
4. Any PR material should aim to be professional.
I understand some off-the-cuff live material can be fun, but I just don't think Jerry is the man to do it.

What we just saw came across as incompetent,  incomplete and ill-prepared. SNAFU for Turdbine unfortunately.    Undecided

If someone watched that then asked you if you played DDO? lol what would be your answer?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #35 - Jun 2nd, 2014 at 4:15am
Print Post  
If they only shot the gameplay, with superimposed cam views of the devs faces as they played through the content talking about what they were doing then i think that would have been fine. Honestly the only thing i thought while watching was WHY THE FUCK AM I PLAYING THIS GAME ?

Why can't they recruit someone awesome to do the run throughs of gameplay ? JUST LOOK AT YOUTUBE! So many good players with interesting commentary SOLOING EE SHIT. Why does the runthrough have to be so fucking bad. You know that guy is the one who joins your fucking group and goes "shrplz!, which house?" gets in just as you start the boss fight, runs into a trap, dies then goes afk so you can't farm that shit.

If you had godmode, it would be tempting to abuse it because you feel that you didn't need to work in the game to be good. But then you have no respect from the players who see that you are bad.

Also, why can't all the quests be epified ? I don't see what the big deal about this is. I reckon it would take about a week per chain. Just give all of the mobs CR Player level +50 and 50 times the HP and update SOME OF THE COOL SHIT THAT BETTER DEVS THOUGHT UP.

Anyone know who the dev was that made Acute Delirium, Undermine, and other quests that didn't suck ?

I'm actually more mad about this twitch than i am about how fucked the game is, op destinies, and shit that doesn't work as intended and thus makes people awesome.
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2014 at 4:24am by �ed »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #36 - Jun 2nd, 2014 at 6:16am
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Jun 2nd, 2014 at 4:15am:
Anyone know who the dev was that made Acute Delirium, Undermine, and other quests that didn't suck ?

I'm actually more mad about this twitch than i am about how fucked the game is, op destinies, and shit that doesn't work as intended and thus makes people awesome.

Think those devs got sacked long time ago.
Thats why etr is so boring now, all quests feel the same, get in, get to end, kill boss, finish.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #37 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 4:19am
Print Post  
NaturalHazard wrote on Jun 2nd, 2014 at 3:08am:
If someone watched that then asked you if you played DDO? lol what would be your answer?    

"Yes. What game are these guys playing?"

�ed wrote on Jun 2nd, 2014 at 4:15am:
Also, why can't all the quests be epified ?

500,000 hp rats. This is your idea. YOU SUCK AS MUCH AS TURBINE.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #38 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 4:19am:

Oh, have someone suggest to bring variety to ddo.. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Dumb fag. Go back to your hole and continue on your Farmville sessions.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2014 at 10:04am by Quak »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #39 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 10:19am
Print Post  
So I was thinking I maybe understand why they hem and haw using the phrases "I think" and "I believe" and "It should"; they don't want to give a definitive yes and then be proven wrong. I think that's a terrible attitude to have. Too much ego. Everyone is wrong sometimes. It's not the end of the world. Admit it, correct it and move on.

And if we don't know what something is intended to do, how the fuck can we test it correctly and bug report it if it's broken? Since the in-game tool tips are a.)inaccurate and b.)sometimes completely absent we're left guessing at the intent behind WAY too much stuff.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #40 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:

It seems that you don't understand how Turbine epics quests...

Also, where do 10,000 HP rats exist on Heroic Elite?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #41 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 12:47pm:
It seems that you don't understand how Turbine epics quests...

IQ

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
�ed wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 12:47pm:

IQ has 5k hp rats. Havent tried wheloon or high road heroic elite yet. But those rats should be higher. Orhons in Shroud reach 10k. Not unlikely that lv 21 quests have 10k mobs

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #43 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 10:19am:
So I was thinking I maybe understand why they hem and haw using the phrases "I think" and "I believe" and "It should"; they don't want to give a definitive yes and then be proven wrong.

The

I think they've been burned so many times on so much basic shit that they don't feel comfortable committing to anything anymore.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
My first thought was "Wow!  That's a lot of artwork and development wasted on the bottom levels of the ships that will only be seen once or twice"

Artwork is some of the most expensive and time consuming parts of game development... and Turbine just wasted a ton of resources for little gain.

I don't want to run around for a long time on my own ship.  It's like those damned hall of heroes... I have to run from end to the other for no good reason.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #45 - Jun 3rd, 2014 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 2:27pm:
My first thought was "Wow!  That's a lot of artwork and development wasted on the bottom levels of the ships that will only be seen once or twice"

Artwork is some of the most expensive and time consuming parts of game development... and Turbine just wasted a ton of resources for little gain.

I don't want to run around for a long time on my own ship.  It's like those damned hall of heroes... I have to run from end to the other for no good reason.

Agreed.  Never understood why they spent so much time on ships.  Especially the daft designs that are extremely unfun.  Have to climb up/down ladders, open multiple friggin doors - we don't log in to play "get the buffs" game.
I could understand having different ships based on size and aesthetics, but not multiple redundant levels.  The Windspyre Gryphon is the worst design of them all.  Rat run.

Yeah, so now they've taken it to a new level..... wow.

You can tell they don't really play the game.  Do they think people really hang out on the ship and admire the scenery?

The Hall of Heroes is another example of wasted development, but apparently that was intended to have a greater purpose before WOTC put the kybosh on a live inter-realm portal.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #46 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 4:07am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 3rd, 2014 at 7:47pm:
The Hall of Heroes is another example of wasted development, but apparently that was intended to have a greater purpose before WOTC put the kybosh on a live inter-realm portal.

where did you hear that?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #47 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Read it somewhere quite awhile ago - main forums I think.  WOTC didn't want the two realms directly connected.

Could not for the life of me understand:
(A) why not
(B) why they would even care?

Is someone going to cite DDO as an in game reference source?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 6:39am:
Read it somewhere quite awhile ago - main forums I think.  WOTC didn't want the two realms directly connected.

Could not for the life of me understand:
(A) why not
(B) why they would even care?

Is someone going to cite DDO as an in game reference source?

fuk this game. where is The City of Portals?  I want to log in and have every quest door in front of me. retarded 3min wilderness runs just to get to a quest. who the fuk told them that shit was anything close to resembling fun.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #49 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Teleporting members to quest would be a winner. Then again, if you didn't have to run for 10 mins to get to a quest that you can finish in 5 mins what would you do with those extra 10 mins. I kinda see what Turbine did there.

Imagine all those pikers that would get called out. That is actually most of Sarlorna.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint