Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Did anyone else watch the Twitch.tv U22 thing? (Read 19642 times)
Yobai
Epic Poster

Re: Did anyone else watch the Twitch.tv U22 thing?
Reply #50 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 6:39am:
Read it somewhere quite awhile ago - main forums I think.  WOTC didn't want the two realms directly connected.

Could not for the life of me understand:
(A) why not
(B) why they would even care?

Is someone going to cite DDO as an in game reference source?

bizarre

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #51 - Jun 4th, 2014 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 4th, 2014 at 12:34pm:
I want to log in and have every quest door in front of me. retarded 3min wilderness runs just to get to a quest. who the fuk told them that shit was anything close to resembling fun.

Agreed. They work so hard at making grind to slow us down and it's exactly what we don't want. Long runs to quests, long animations, one at a time crafting interactions.

Newsflash, Turbine, you aren't the hot 19 year old anymore, playing hard to get doesn't make you hot. Give us the "good parts version" and you might be worth dinner and a few drinks.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #52 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 1:43am
Print Post  
I am ok with a long run to a quest for the first time. It gives you a feel of the environment, etc.

But it is total nonsense to force people to make a 3-5 min. run to the same quest for the 100th time.

There should be a short cut after the first run.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2014 at 1:44am by Sim-Sala-Bim »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #53 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Stormhorns is a beautiful region, but it sure seems like a lot of wasted work for something that most people skip after the first time through.

Making those huge open areas must be very resource intensive.
There must be a better compromise - enough to provide immersion, but not so much wasted effort.

I find the extension of the Eveningstar bridge to be equally confounding?  Why make it so bloody long? 
Couldn't they narrow the river at that point and make the bridge a few spans shorter?
And why are the entrances to all those bridge areas at the exact opposite end of the map to the cave with the guild ship entrance?
An easy soln would be to have the hall of heroes have a guild ship portal, but that ain't going to happen.   Undecided
Again, I understand immersion of running thru town, but it gets pretty tedious very quickly.
I'm guessing god mode allows the devs to teleport everywhere so they have no idea how frustrating it is?

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #54 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 8:40am
Print Post  
the best slayer area imo, is gianthold.
large enough to have lots of things. small enough to not run for miles till you get to the quest even w/o teleporters unlocked. teleporters which make the runs to the quest 1m which is not bad. nice number of quests (9) in the area equally distributed. dragons! it used to have a small problem coz the northern quests each had a shrine on their entrance, while on the south there was none, but they added at least 1 which is enough. some mobs have see invisibility, but if it bothers you, you can make the run in a heroic slayer area, and still be able to open epic quest. the only thing that`s not good is the flagging for using the teleporters (only the 1st of the party gets it), but i dont think that`s wai.

and for evening star, a planescaller would be enough, like the one for shavarath. and who would be better for the job, other than that piker elminster (in the main plaza). after all he`s supposed to be so powerful. i guess he could teleport through different realms. and if i get to vote, i`d love ana to be the teleporter on the guild ship  Cheesy but that`s never gonna happen..
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2014 at 8:53am by Ohfaq »  

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #55 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Ohfaq wrote on Jun 5th, 2014 at 8:40am:
the best slayer area imo, is gianthold.

Well for slayer and rare hunting, I got to say I've found Thunderholme to be excellent. I was able to keep my blitz up indefinitely because of respawns, was getting lots of kills per min, new rares gave 10k xp, rekilling 3k. And it's a raid area, so nice place to waste some time while waiting to fill a raid.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2014 at 8:58am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:19am
Print Post  
The sheer numbers of mobs in Thunderholm is fantastic, real moria hack fest.

And the past few weeks I haven't had near the lag so it has been really fun  so the slayer count just rings like a cash register.  Smiley

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #57 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Yesterday's twitch.tv thing was just as painful to watch as the previous one. So much wrong, it makes me sad Sad

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #58 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Hi Rest,
Any chance you could summarise our feedback on this into some short bullet points for MajMal, seeing you're one of the few posters he reads?

Wink

Of course, chances are he will dismiss the criticisms as internet/forum noise, because those vids were choice bro.    Undecided
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2014 at 7:13pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
did they give any TP codes to soften the blow Rest?
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2014 at 7:59pm by »  

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
This is what frustrates me about Turbine. They have a good, unique product and they shit all over it, all the time.

They need to have a little bit of pride in their work. Either don't show off something that buggy and unfinished or,  if that isn't possible, run through a few times and avoid the worst of it in your final take.

Watching that abortion doesn't make me want to spend any cash on the game.

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
I quite like The Vale. They have a nice central hub so you don't ever need to run across the hub, there are very few forced paths like Sands and the environments are nice and varied. If you know where the quests are it is possible to invis and run to any quest in a minute or two.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Jun 6th, 2014 at 2:05pm:
I quite like The Vale. They have a nice central hub so you don't ever need to run across the hub, there are very few forced paths like Sands and the environments are nice and varied. If you know where the quests are it is possible to invis and run to any quest in a minute or two.

Vale, Gianthold, Orchard are my favorite explorer areas. When i first started the game those were the ones i could wiki map and get to lol ;p

wheloon is easy too
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2014 at 4:21pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint