Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Armor & Mitigation & Pally changes -- Discuss! (Read 22173 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Armor & Mitigation & Pally changes -- Discuss!
Reply #50 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 7:15pm:
Palladin splash: Nerf
Non-splash Palladin: Meh
Net: Increased lesser heart sales from Bladeforged trying to get rid of 1 Palladin level instead of adding 1 for the splash

i.e. make the class so bad that we'll pay to get rid of any trace of it.  Genius!!!

Cynical bastard....
Grin

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #51 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 7:44pm:
This is so fucking wrong it makes the retards on the live boards who cant figure out how the fuck Max Dex Bonus and Dodge Cap work seem like fucking Michael Faradays.

How fucking hard is it to read the equation?
Your bonus is LIMITED TO 2+(3xPal levels).  Not whatever bamboo madness you posted.

That means if you are a Level 2 paladin with a 40 charisma(+15 bonus)  You would get at max 8  (2+3x2)...if you were a level 5 paladin your maximum bonus would be 2+3x5 = 17...Which means you'd get the full bonus.

As someone else pointed out to have problems with max Cap you'd need a fucking 134 Charisma before it stopped mattering....If paladins could get 134 charisma by being level 20 you'd fucking see more of them as that is a hell of a Divine Might bonus.

You just confirmed what I wrote.
Show me where I wrote anything wrong?
Until then work on your reading comprehension.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:39pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #52 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
I'm excited for the changes. It doesn't matter if they suck because heavy armor users and pally > /2 are already fucking terrible. So they literally can only go up. If they nerf /2 pally in the process, GOOD. Everyone should not have 60+ saves but also require 2 paladin levels. It's boring. I don't do it now pretty much out of protest with my builds.

In the process if they actually improve some things, well then fuckin' eh. Works for me. There really isn't much at stake here besides the Divine Grace changes and frankly, if you care about saves, splashing 2 Pally for up to +8 to saves from CHA mod, that's still a pretty good splash for many. But not good enough to make it the only obvious splash or even vs. pure class. When you think about it, it's really the OP /2 splash classes that ruin pure class builds. No one skips being pure at end game for 2 levels of just any class. It's the the same ones over and over: Monk, Rogue, Pally. Rogue pretty much only when people can't go Monk ie Bard or Barbarian. Improving Bards, and spreading out Monk's insane progression from level 1-2 would go a long way to changing these things. SO too will reducing the effect of splashing 2 Pally.

So far, I am in favor of the changes being proposed. It is another shitty system, but actually, is it? I don't think it is. It's basically a duplication of PRR, with 2 changes: P goes to M, and damage type on the backend that is typed as "Magic" will get blocked based on the MRR value. PRR, despite whether you like it's design or not, works EXACTLY as intended with no real bugs that I am aware of.

If they are simply duplicating this existing system, and change a couple damage type flags, I don't see how this is a big deal. And the tech to increase a buff based on enchantment level is also extant in the loot system, and without bugs (Spell Power on caster items).

So I really don't see any reason to get all up in arms about it. Quite the contrary: they've actually listened to you, and instead of designing and implementing a whole new system, they're improving the scaling of PRR, improving a good, working system, and making it apply to a new form of defensive capabilities to expand functionality of the extant system.

But I guess some of you are too busy railing about Turbine to actually think about what they're doing, with MRR at least, to keep new development shallow but broad instead of narrow and deep, which is what truly new systems tend to be.

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:48pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #53 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 3:47pm:
My guess is people complaining about their armor and shield tanks getting vaporized in every raid since FoT was finally understood.

Such toons are played only by retarded people anyway.
It won't make em suddenly useful in any way.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #54 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Don't go stealing my non pally builds dude.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #55 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:46pm:
I'm excited for the changes. It doesn't matter if they suck because heavy armor users and pally > /2 are already fucking terrible. So they literally can only go up. If they nerf /2 pally in the process, GOOD. Everyone should not have 60+ saves but also require 2 paladin levels. It's boring. I don't do it now pretty much out of protest with my builds.

In the process if they actually improve some things, well then fuckin' eh. Works for me. There really isn't much at stake here besides the Divine Grace changes and frankly, if you care about saves, splashing 2 Pally for up to +8 to saves from CHA mod, that's still a pretty good splash for many. But not good enough to make it the only obvious splash or even vs. pure class. When you think about it, it's really the OP /2 splash classes that ruin pure class builds. No one skips being pure at end game for 2 levels of just any class. It's the the same ones over and over: Monk, Rogue, Pally. Rogue pretty much only when people can't go Monk ie Bard or Barbarian. Improving Bards, and spreading out Monk's insane progression from level 1-2 would go a long way to changing these things. SO too will reducing the effect of splashing 2 Pally.

So far, I am in favor of the changes being proposed. It is another shitty system, but actually, is it? I don't think it is. It's basically a duplication of PRR, with 2 changes: P goes to M, and damage type on the backend that is typed as "Magic" will get blocked based on the MRR value. PRR, despite whether you like it's design or not, works EXACTLY as intended with no real bugs that I am aware of.

If they are simply duplicating this existing system, and change a couple damage type flags, I don't see how this is a big deal. And the tech to increase a buff based on enchantment level is also extant in the loot system, and without bugs (Spell Power on caster items).

So I really don't see any reason to get all up in arms about it. Quite the contrary: they've actually listened to you, and instead of designing and implementing a whole new system, they're improving the scaling of PRR, improving a good, working system, and making it apply to a new form of defensive capabilities to expand functionality of the extant system.

But I guess some of you are too busy railing about Turbine to actually think about what they're doing, with MRR at least, to keep new development shallow but broad instead of narrow and deep, which is what truly new systems tend to be.

If you really believe they won't fuck this up somehow because it's a "copy" of an already existing system, I guess Firewall was right about you after all.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #56 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
oh, you mean brilliant and worthy of imitation? thanks dude, that's nice of you to say.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:56pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #57 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:46pm:
Everyone should not have 60+ saves but also require 2 paladin levels. It's boring. I don't do it now pretty much out of protest with my builds.

So you're finally seeing that 2fvs is superior?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #58 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:56pm:
So you're finally seeing that 2fvs is superior?

*Edit I'm assuming you mean for Monkcher builds.

No, I think I am saying that /2 of any class should have roughly equal benefits. And for a lot of builds and playstyles (read: lazier players) /2 Pally is far and away the better choice at uncapped CHA mod to saves. Right now you have to be literally retarded to go Pure Sorc vs. 18 Sorc/2 Paladin, unless you are the very bestiest of players. And if you're that, then you're probably something like Teth's 12FvS/6Wiz/2Barb Shiradibot.

Anyway, if you are at the level of play where you're rarely having to make any important saves because you know how to move and cover your immunities, then yeah I'm with you, FvS is better today. I like that if they change paladin, more people will be compelled to learn how to play the better way, since they can't be so lazy and all have a billion saves.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:04pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #59 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 9:37pm:
You just confirmed what I wrote.
Show me where I wrote anything wrong?
Until then work on your reading comprehension.

That is nothing like what you said.  You spewed words in sea of bedlam and gotham, the likes of which scholars will debate for centuries.
Quote:
I think what they mean is you will need +20 cha mod to get 2+(3x20) to saves as lvl 20 paladin

You imply...that your level is the maximum modifier based on all the examples you posted.   In the one I quote.  You do not need to be a level 20 fucking paladin to get +20 saves from your Cha mod.  You need to be a level 6 paladin. 2+3x6 =20.

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:17pm by Shadehater »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #60 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
dude he misread it. let it go.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #61 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
People should read shit.  He defended idiocy.  I pointed it out again.  Honestly I am done, unless he wants to continue.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 8:28pm:
Cynical bastard....
Grin

It seems like they listened more to the moaning about paladin splashes and evasion than to the calls to buff paladins.

3d6 light damage and 70 temp hp when you use something that is kind of limited whooopeeedoooo in epic levels.

They just want to try and make everyone like jerry when he plays.

IP Logged

NaturalHazard
VoD Slasher

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
As for the ppr and magic defense changes I think it might be a step in the right direction its just really? Another system? Redo, sigh, just hope they finally get it right.

As for the evasion change to shields lol, but I guess with tower shields and large shields I get it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #64 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 2:41pm:
"...and perhaps even a new class that supported heavy armor and martial abilities."

No one else noticed they just dropped a hint about a new class coming soon?
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014 at 10:45pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #65 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Warlock or gtfo.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #66 - Jun 9th, 2014 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Probably  Marshal.

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 11:40pm:
Probably  Marshal.

Probably another Iconic.   Undecided

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #68 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 1:27am
Print Post  
iconic is a race, not class. not that another iconic would be bad. more double PL farming!
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2014 at 1:28am by Ohfaq »  

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #69 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 3:36am
Print Post  
After rereading it and seeing the further dev posts on it, I like it.  Would have liked other means but its workable.  Already got my current sorc multi reworked into a heavy/shield build on paper.  149 prr, 71 no fail fort, 71 no fail ref, 77 will.  Closing in on 600 fire power before metas in crusader.  I will swap the 24 points in Warpriest into EK and grab Drow armor enhancement to remove ASF.  I do lose cha so no more 70+ dc soundburst.  Soundburst has been great getting etr's but wouldn't have been that great at 28 anyway.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 5:22am
Print Post  
Why do they introduce a new value instead of saying PRR works for magic/spell damage now too?

As far as I can see in the examples PRR and MRR cap at the same value and each armor gives the same amount for both.

I would have prefered a change to PRR because it should be much easier than a new system.

Or do they just want to us to squeeze in another stat/enchantment on our items?

I read the +1 enhancement rule as feature to please the PnP veterans. Don't see a sense of this restriction for balancing MRR.

And with the devine grace change... When I read the boobies I thought 'oh, are they moving devine grace from 2 to 6 pal levels?'. Cheesy
But atm I only see sorc/pal splashes really getting hit by that. Clerics and FvS only get hit by around -5 saves I guess and most other classes who splashed two pally won't notice the change at all.
So I don't see how this is affecting the 2 pally splash in general unless they mainly focused on nerfing the sorc/pal splash(AND bladeforged AND PDK cha melee builds). -> nerf to iconics? :S

And what are they doing with pure casters? They don't have evasion and usually don't wear heavy armor... And with MRR introduced I am sure new content is going to be balanced around having MRR...
Shouldn't the understanding of magic give casters the possibility to mitigate magic damage without the need of any armor? (You are used to conjure fire and stuff without harming yourself)
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2014 at 5:26am by SwashbucklerHater »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #71 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 6:57am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 11:00pm:
Warlock or gtfo.

Warlocks dont use heavy armor so I doubt it. That out of the way, I fully agree. I have been wanting this class for a long time. I actually have a completionist toon with triple lives in the needed areas waiting for this. I might start working on epic ones, but eh, to much work.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #72 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Ohfaq wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 1:27am:
iconic is a race, not class. not that another iconic would be bad. more double PL farming!

I will only accept an Iconic if it starts off in the warlock class.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 8:59am
Print Post  
They need dps abilities. A new dps prestige like avenger in 4th edition.

Start with over the top abilities.

At level 18 Oath of Enmity:  mark a target. each time you are attacked by marked enemy your next attack gains 100 doublestrike. duration 30 seconds, cool down 5min

At level 20 Divine Blade your mainhand weapon gains +4 enchantment, disruption, holy burst, flaming. once per shrine lasts until death

Give Smites 1d6 aoe bane damage per pally level on criticals, affected by devotion

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shodan
Korthos Resident

Look at you, Hacker.

Reply #74 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 11:19am
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Jun 9th, 2014 at 3:20pm:
They're adding another kind of resistance to fuck balance up just like they did with PRR. When are Turbine going to realize that they don't need to add more layers of complexity that they are going to just fuck up and get wrong.

Given Turdbine's history this will probably be the end result after all is said and done. Making things more complex and complicated does nothing but make it easier for them to fuck things up. Not to mention taking more processor cycles to accomplish, possibly adding to lag. We already have AC and MR, why not focus on making those more relevant instead of adding more and more crap.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint