Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) MajMal's report card (Read 42085 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: MajMal's report card
Reply #100 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 3:23am
Print Post  
I'd be thrilled with pirates of the carribbean in DDO.  What I'm not thrilled with is this low budget puppet show where you can see all the god damned strings attached.  Haven't they learned from CITW that they can't do large mobs, much less flying large mobs like airships?  The airship encounters are more immersion breaking than beating on Lloth's belly.

IP Logged

Moshpitato
Korthos Resident

I am a cabbage

Reply #101 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 11:43am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 3:23am:
I'd be thrilled with pirates of the carribbean in DDO.  What I'm not thrilled with is this low budget puppet show where you can see all the god damned strings attached.  Haven't they learned from CITW that they can't do large mobs, much less flying large mobs like airships?  The airship encounters are more immersion breaking than beating on Lloth's belly. 

^ This times ten. There are some things that this game does well, but sometimes the most important thing to know is what you can't do.

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Don't get the pirate hate, it is a major part of the Stormreach lore.  If you hate the campaign setting that is one thing, otherwise get over it.

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #103 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 16th, 2014 at 1:37am:
I'm doing no such thing.

And this is why I stay silent.
Back in the cave.

and

majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 16th, 2014 at 7:12am:
Hey I'll take responsibility of this.
Pile it on.

I guess that narrows down the time frame when Maj got moved to LotRO. The offer to take responsibility only came after he found he was leaving.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
iv been off ddo for a while, and still came back to take it on the chin.

whatever.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #105 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 12:48am
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:07pm:

You took it on the chin, in no small part because we did not know you've "been off ddo for a while." If anything, the communications we've been getting from you indicated you were very much on ddo, and were going to be on ddo for longer.

This is what I was trying to address in my earlier post. Your communication skills are not what you think they are. You did not convey this information previously. Here, it seems like you believe you did. And yet, we are all reacting to the news that you are now on Lotro, because to us, it is fresh news.

We have not been in the communication loop. We feel disrespected because of it. Customers will always feel it is their right to be informed about the product/service for which they pay. I don't know if you accept that as true. All I can say is that from my experience and feelings, it is absolutely true. I feel entitled to information that affects the quality of the product I'm paying for.

Further, announcing that you've "been off ddo for a while," and then expecting us to have acted in the past as if we knew it then is inherently disconnected from reality, or just a little bitch move.

You may not have felt personally responsible for sharing the news, or even in control of whether or when it was announced. I understand how a corporate environment can affect such things. Yet regardless of the validity of your situation, our lack of information was a fact. You seem to want us to react to not having information in a way that is simply not human.

You can't get the trust you're asking for, and it's not because we're a bunch of unreasonable misanthropes. It's because of information withheld. We are still a bunch of unreasonable misanthropes, but for once, that isn't what's driving the reactions you're getting.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #106 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 5:12am
Print Post  

whatever.

Hypocrite!

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #107 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Maj, you like to think you're all for the consumer but fuck me buddy, you're so far removed from giving any fucks to paying customers that you may as well be the Pope ...... which, I'm sure on some level you like to think you are.

Business practices like you and your ilk dabble in would not fly here, run tell dat!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 7:49am
Print Post  

whatever.

Thanks for trying. i'm sure you tried your best.

Mebbe we'll swap over to LotRO with you and make a LotRO Vault. That'd be swell

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #109 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 11:44am
Print Post  

We aren't looking for somebody to blame, we're looking for somebody to fix it.

"Taking the blame" while you are not in a position to fix anything is counterproductive, and frankly quite insulting, because it implies placing blame is what we are interested in.

When you mislead us as to your position, you are effectively telling us that we, your customers, are less than people in your eyes, and are undeserving of the basic human decency of honesty.

I wish you luck in your new job, I hope it's worth the respect the manner of your leaving cost you.

EDIT: I also agree with pretty much everythign Revaulting just said, though it's too long to quote.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014 at 11:46am by Meursault »  

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Vexation
Waterworks Kobold

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Reply #110 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
You know this doesn't come down to MajMal, really.   He's an employee of a company who decided to promote him, then promote him again.

The problem is that he is the only one who bothered to act like he cared about the game and the quality of it.  No other Turdbine exec bothers to interact with the players other than canned, carefully-scripted messages of good will and fake optimism.

No one else ever bothered to admit to us when something was a mistake.  No one else ever bothered to acknowledge that any of our ideas were valid, useful or better than the current way of doing business.

No one at Turdbine explains anything to us.  The arrogance and overwhelming contempt Turdbine has for the people who love their game is bewildering.

The venomous hatred now comes from the fact that the only person who was brave enough to get in the water with the players and admit to being a human being has now been taken away. Now we'll get nothing from the powers-that-be other than token "addresses."

Like we are a nuisance, rather than the reason the game, the community still exists.

It is depressing.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:19pm by Vexation »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #111 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 3:23am:
I'd be thrilled with pirates of the carribbean in DDO. 

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #112 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
F for Fail

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #113 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:36pm
Print Post  

whatever.

me too.  and still came back to spray it on your chin.

enjoy.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #114 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 12:22am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 9:43am:
Does anyone remember this gem from MajMal?

He has earned all the jimmie-kicking he gets.

Blowing smoke since 2011

New movie, later this year:
Cheech, Chong and Mal

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Vexation wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:17pm:
Now we'll get nothing from the powers-that-be other than token "addresses."

I think you are still in the denial stage.  That is all he provided.  In fact let me help you out.

I know that U22 was terribad, and as a person who is not an employee at Turbine I can accept full responsibility, and feel really bad about it.  I feel so bad about that happening, U23 will be super awesome and new cool stuff will be brought into the game along with a ton of bug fixes. 

~time machine to the future~
I am just as upset about U23 being a buggy mess as all of you.  I super promise this will never happen again.  If you can just tell me some exploits I will super super promise to fix stuff that will actually cause more damage.  I also feel bad, but as a not employee of Turbine there was nothing I could do about it.

You can replace the U version anytime you miss any of his "communication" and keep reading this post.  The only useful stuff he posted was when he would slip up or use stealth marketing to release unannounced info, before the official venues.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #116 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 7:33am
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 12:22am:
Blowing smoke since 2011

New movie, later this year:
Cheech, Chong and Mal

Now you're showing your age!
Grin

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #117 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Mastertool wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 12:56am:
I think you are still in the denial stage.  That is all he provided.  In fact let me help you out.

I know that U22 was terribad, and as a person who is not an employee at Turbine I can accept full responsibility, and feel really bad about it.  I feel so bad about that happening, U23 will be super awesome and new cool stuff will be brought into the game along with a ton of bug fixes.

~time machine to the future~
I am just as upset about U23 being a buggy mess as all of you.  I super promise this will never happen again.  If you can just tell me some exploits I will super super promise to fix stuff that will actually cause more damage.  I also feel bad, but as a not employee of Turbine there was nothing I could do about it.

You can replace the U version anytime you miss any of his "communication" and keep reading this post.  The only useful stuff he posted was when he would slip up or use stealth marketing to release unannounced info, before the official venues

You forgot the last stage.

So long, and thanks for all the fish. Turbine wants me elsewhere. I'm sure someone in DDO team will take care of all those issues.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2014 at 8:16am by Sim-Sala-Bim »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #118 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 9:43am:
Does anyone remember this gem from MajMal?

"It is a New Turbine. I don't care about 2 years ago. I care about the future of this product.  Which is why I'm heading to LOTRO BITCHES!"

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Hafeal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
been off ddo for a while, and still came back to take it on the chin.

whatever.

Let's get this straight, you get named Live Producer, publicly, on March 31, and you then take a new position April 23.  Hmmm ... thinking back to what you said:

Quote:
Hey, I have to live with it for a few years at least.

Kudos to you for being the corporate guy to say it with a straight face while sticking a shiv in the players.

You were nothing but a placeholder talking head willing to be used by Turbine, who banked on your good will with the player base.  I hope they paid you well enough; I mean that IS what all this was for after all? 

Seriously, I hope the LoTRO players see through the visage that you show.  Say what you want, but your actions show you to be just as corporate as .  And don't tell me you had more success - 'cause that ain't the case either.

What vision were you hoping we would see as your DDO legacy anyway?

This quote, April 22,  is especially tasty given how this has gone down, no doubt, feeling good.

Quote:
I admit that I have stayed out of the way of the Developers and the Player Council. Please realize that developer interaction will wax and wane with where we are in a release cycle. I didn't feel like the Council needed a QA manager, or now a producer gumming up the communication between the players and the developers. If you want me to post more, that can be done.
As I said on the main forums, I'll start making 'end of the week' posts both here and on the open forums.

i think of the vault as the kids in high school that hang out smoking in the boys room. They usually know the 'other' stuff. in high school it was how to break into the gym or get free soda out of the machines. In DDO it is the 'dark secrets'.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441106-Player-Council-the-Vault-and-De...
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2014 at 5:55pm by Hafeal »  

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #120 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 7:33am:
Now you're showing your age!
Grin

puff puff

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #121 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Hafeal wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 5:53pm:
This quote, April 22,  is especially tasty given how this has gone down, no doubt, feeling good.

The Player Council never needed Majmal to do the things it's doing.
We did ask for him to show up and talk with us in the beginning of his supposed tenure as the Live Producer
but honestly he would have been redundant as things are discussed between ( mostly but not only ) Cordovan, Severlin, Vargouille, Steelstar and us. A Dev starts a thread with an idea ( Hey I want Rainbow Colored Flying Ponies, what do you think of the idea ), and then we answer ( Hell No [ from all the PC members ], DDO is not My Little Pony Online  )... Things gets refined or killed ( Ok, I shelf that idea ).

What you see posted by the devs since a few weeks is the second/third/fourth iteration of an idea from the PC point of view.
( for example I was quite happy to see that some suggested +120 Spellpowers for the relevant 3BC Items as it was something that had been suggested by some PC members [ me included ], even if they really didn't want to change it from the weak +112. )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 21st, 2014 at 12:30am:
DDO is not My Little Pony Online  )...

Its now Hello Kitty online

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]