Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Maj/ProdMal seems to be Producer at LOtRO now... (Read 32093 times)
GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Re: Maj/ProdMal seems to be Producer at LOtRO now...
Reply #50 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:20pm:
I guess I'm not the tremendous asshole everyone assumed I was.  Cool

Incorrect

rest wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:20pm:
Well, at least not for this particular reason.  Grin  Grin

Correct

Wink

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #51 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Zandos wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:22pm:
New executive producer of ddo: cordo.

How could he do any worse than majaml?

CORDOVAN IS NO WORSE THAN MAJORMALPHUNKTION.

ergo

MAJORMALPHUNKTION IS NO BETTER THAN CORDOVAN.

Man, how's that feel?
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:26pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #52 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
am I the only one who sees this as possibly a good thing?  MajMouth gave good forum, but what did he actually do for the game?

Getting rid of a deadweight staff member who has been sucking up resources with no noticeable yields is a good thing.

[optimistic reflection]
I think MajMals presence at DDO made no difference at all. His departure will maintain the status quo.[/optimistic reflection]

[realistic]I think a part of the reason DDO is so buggy is due to MajMals ineptitude, with him gone there's a chance1 for someone competent to take his place[/realistic]

Maj proved to me atleast, that DDO had no future under his watch with his fuckwit response regarding DC discussions.  Attacking the player base and asking to play their mmo is not the signs you want to see from a producer. Good riddance.

1 I'm not holding my breath.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #53 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Coming soon to Lotro. duping exploits, infinite xp & more.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Maybe I should start playing lotro then. Cheesy

IP Logged

FuckUexploitSeekers
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
I hope he gets back  i rather have a fail developer but who can fix his shits fast than a fail developer who never fix the shit.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion
Major Motherfucking Malphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 5:06pm:
Grin

that is actually not the plan for LOTRO, but it's still the plan in DDO.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:18pm:

Much like Rowan's plan before he left to get Sentient weapons done correctly for DDO by the end of the year because it was important to him.

At least you got the in-game bug report working after all these years. Unfortunately, it's not available in-game since it's the ddovault and advertising as such for other players on the shithole forums gets people banned.

IP Logged

Vic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:18pm:

Not eeing it yet.

Enchantements: Barbarians and paladins are still openly hanging. GJ on bards. Ok, i do see something there.

Loot: On my, no. From the new epic 3BC, there is one item that I want and that is it.

End Game: It is better then it was a year ago. But I must admit that I will never understand the logic of: Wee need endgame. lets do 3BC not endgame.....

That said, I actually do see some progress (aside from the steady walk to hell) so... I am curious if ddo gets it right,

IP Logged

majmalphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 5:18pm:
That day was April 24 2014

All these things came after the day after that post, meaning you spread this information knowing you were leaving DDO.

You're a disappointment. 

From the Lotro forums

Seriously?

You knew you were bailing, lied to anyone who listened to you, and had the balls to complain that some posts directed to you weren't respectful enough.

Good plan.  Well executed.

Too bad you couldn't put that talent toward un-assing DDO. [/quote]

I was 100% DDO until my last day there. I stand by everything I ever said to folks, and it sucked that I wasn't allowed to say goodbye properly. There wasn't a vacuum when I left, other than my sparking personality and brass balls for dealing with the seedy underbelly of the community. There is another producer, I have no idea what name he uses on the forums, but he will be fine, but probably far more behind the scenes. We have all worked very closely together for a long time, and he is green as a producer, but his head is in the right place, and his background as a coder is only going to help. He knows the bad places to stay away from. He knows scope. He is kind of an asshole about it...in a good way. There is a new development director/manager whatever, who is a very smart guy. He has spent a bunch of time talking with the PC, I'm not sure if he talks on the main forums yet. The direction I talked about , character, loot exc...is something he wholeheartedly believes in. I'm kind of bummed I don't get to work with him.
Doom...no.
But LOTRO needed help, and I was the logical choice. Rowan and I work very well together, and I'll admit I like a challenge. I wish I had another year on DDO, but that didn't work out. This did all happen very quickly, and with all the flux that has been going on this spring-leadership moves, layoffs exc, it seemed like pulling the band aid off when already in chaos was probably the better move than making another ripple 6 months from now.
DDO is not dying, it's a very happy and engaged team that are trying to put it into a happy place. Yes bugs, release was rushed a bit, features are what some people have said there are. I feel like when I left the future vision was better than anything I've seen for the game in a long time. No pet projects, no half features. Core game improvements.Content.End game. Of course what we think that is and you think may be two different things. Watch for dev diaries and whatnot.

IP Logged

majmalphunktion

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:32pm:
Much like Rowan's plan before he left to get Sentient weapons done correctly for DDO by the end of the year because it was important to him.

At least you got the in-game bug report working after all these years. Unfortunately, it's not available in-game since it's the ddovault and advertising as such for other players on the shithole forums gets people banned.

Sentient Weapons is still being worked on. Not for the EOY. Very careful with the design of this one. Devs want it to be great. I just want my sword to yell insults.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:37pm:
Sentient Weapons is still being worked on. Not for the EOY. Very careful with the design of this one. Devs want it to be great. I just want my sword to yell insults.

Got it. Insulting swords are a priority over an in-game bug report.

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #62 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 3:24pm:
He was nice to us, got what he wanted as far as exploits, then moved on.
Turbine finally got a win.

Pretty much this. Ol' MajMal used (and trolled) the Vault of all places, and leveraged that into a better job. Well played! I suddenly have the respect for him that I could never muster before now.

On the upside, the salty tears of desperate fanbois on the shit hole forums are very tasty indeed!  Cool

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:35pm:
I was 100% DDO until my last day there. I stand by everything I ever said to folks, and it sucked that I wasn't allowed to say goodbye properly.

Probably not a coincidence that you got "promoted" so soon after the debacle that was update 22.  I see guys do that all the time in the military; they fuck something up so bad that the commander moves them to another job where they'll be less dangerous.

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #64 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 4:39pm:
You sucked as much as Feather of Sun.

To be fair to Feather, at least he got drunk one weekend and posted some interesting insights into how DDO decisions were made, on the Turbine forums no less!

MajMal just ass kissed his way into a better job by using people who were silly enough to trust him. It was more than I thought he was capable of, but clearly MajMal suckage is a quantum leap over anything that Feather could achieve.

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #65 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
You're posting here as if anyone believes the bullshit that spews out of your mouth. That's adorable.

You made your escape from the sinking ship that is DDO on the backs of people who trusted you and told you - in good faith - things that you asked for to make the game better. Exploits specifically. Exploits you and your team could not find. And in doing so your burned bridges. Maybe not with everyone, maybe there are some people  who still wear those rose coloured  glasses and believe you. I'm not one, and I haven't been for a while. I guess that bridge was one of the first ones to go eh?

Good luck in your new post, you're going to need it. If your brief tenure as a producer of DDO is any indication, LOTRO will very soon be going the way of Asheron's Call. And it looks like DDO is not far behind. Hey you can put that on your resume: killed off two decade-old MMOs. Maybe one of the other people who got shitcanned a few months back can get you in somewhere.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #66 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 10:00pm:
To be fair to Feather, at least he got drunk one weekend and posted some interesting insights into how DDO decisions were made, on the Turbine forums no less!

Where?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #67 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
DDO is not dying, it's a very happy and engaged team that are trying to put it into a happy place.

I'm got a couple mules with some resist-30 amenities stockpiled.

The "producer" churn makes me uncomfortable suggesting that anyone in my guild spend any money on long-term game investments.

I wonder what will last longer:  DDO or 4 score of Greater Shock Resistance amenities.

my sparking personality brass balls for dealing with the seedy underbelly of the community.

Thanks for that.  You're a peach.

I feel like when I left the future vision was better than anything I've seen for the game in a long time. No pet projects, no half features.

What makes you think your "vision" will be seen by your successors to be any more important than any other crafting system, unfinished prestige, borked loot table, "(Error): Error 0x800441f4 received when trying to retrieve information about any support tickets associated with this account.", or the numerous string-table-error-tableDID?

Seriously.  The vacuum of your presence will be as visible as the impression a hand leaves behind when it's removed from a bucket of water.

Good luck with your buddy Rowan over at Lotro.

I hope you check back on DDO once in a while to see how your legacy unfolds.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #68 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 10:16pm:
Where?

Where is Feather's post? Cubed, I believe.

It was the one where he blamed his boss for the ghost baning of the loot tables in order to meet an update schedule.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #69 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
It was also full of shit. Ghost banning was 100 percent his plan. He just didn't realize he had fucked over the whole table when he went for loot pass. Version 3.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #70 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
"The"

I think that sums it up nicely.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #71 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 4:00pm:
I go where I'm needed most.

If LOTRO needs you more than DDO, then LOTRO's side of the building must be on fire.

Also, as soon as one of us can think up a relevant search string, we'll set you up with the website of the Vault equivalent to LOTRO.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #72 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 12:50am
Print Post  
I was 100% DDO until my last day there. I stand by everything I ever said to folks, and it sucked that I wasn't allowed to say goodbye properly. There wasn't a vacuum when I left, other than my sparking personality and brass balls for dealing with the seedy underbelly of the community. There is another producer, I have no idea what name he uses on the forums, but he will be fine, but probably far more behind the scenes. We have all worked very closely together for a long time, and he is green as a producer, but his head is in the right place, and his background as a coder is only going to help. He knows the bad places to stay away from. He knows scope. He is kind of an asshole about it...in a good way. There is a new development director/manager whatever, who is a very smart guy. He has spent a bunch of time talking with the PC, I'm not sure if he talks on the main forums yet. The direction I talked about , character, loot exc...is something he wholeheartedly believes in. I'm kind of bummed I don't get to work with him.
Doom...no.
But LOTRO needed help, and I was the logical choice. Rowan and I work very well together, and I'll admit I like a challenge. I wish I had another year on DDO, but that didn't work out. This did all happen very quickly, and with all the flux that has been going on this spring-leadership moves, layoffs exc, it seemed like pulling the band aid off when already in chaos was probably the better move than making another ripple 6 months from now.
DDO is not dying, it's a very happy and engaged team that are trying to put it into a happy place. Yes bugs, release was rushed a bit, features are what some people have said there are. I feel like when I left the future vision was better than anything I've seen for the game in a long time. No pet projects, no half features. Core game improvements.Content.End game. Of course what we think that is and you think may be two different things. Watch for dev diaries and whatnot.

Maj, I do not share your optimism or have anything close to the positive feelings you seem to have regarding the future of DDO. There is simply no evidence to justify a rosy outlook.

Regardless, good luck to you in your new role at Turbine.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014 at 12:56am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #73 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:11am
Print Post  
I was 100% DDO until my last day there. I stand by everything I ever said to folks, and it sucked that I wasn't allowed to say goodbye properly. snip

This is information, at least. Thanks. It's hard to completely remove the snark from my tone, but I do appreciate that you're communicating.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #74 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:06am
Print Post  
You're a disappointment. 

From the Lotro forums

Seriously?

You knew you were bailing, lied to anyone who listened to you, and had the balls to complain that some posts directed to you weren't respectful enough.

Good plan.  Well executed.

Too bad you couldn't put that talent toward un-assing DDO.

Quote:
Doom...no.

I gotta say, you posting "so long and thanks for all the fish" makes me think that the games got maybe a week before it just disappears.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:08am by Cairnoir »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint