Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Maj/ProdMal seems to be Producer at LOtRO now... (Read 32130 times)
Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Re: Maj/ProdMal seems to be Producer at LOtRO now...
Reply #75 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:14am
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:35pm:
I was 100% DDO until my last day there. I stand by everything I ever said to folks, and it sucked that I wasn't allowed to say goodbye properly. There wasn't a vacuum when I left, other than my sparking personality and brass balls for dealing with the seedy underbelly of the community. There is another producer, I have no idea what name he uses on the forums, but he will be fine, but probably far more behind the scenes. We have all worked very closely together for a long time, and he is green as a producer, but his head is in the right place, and his background as a coder is only going to help. He knows the bad places to stay away from. He knows scope. He is kind of an asshole about it...in a good way. There is a new development director/manager whatever, who is a very smart guy. He has spent a bunch of time talking with the PC, I'm not sure if he talks on the main forums yet. The direction I talked about , character, loot exc...is something he wholeheartedly believes in. I'm kind of bummed I don't get to work with him.
Doom...no.
But LOTRO needed help, and I was the logical choice. Rowan and I work very well together, and I'll admit I like a challenge. I wish I had another year on DDO, but that didn't work out. This did all happen very quickly, and with all the flux that has been going on this spring-leadership moves, layoffs exc, it seemed like pulling the band aid off when already in chaos was probably the better move than making another ripple 6 months from now.
DDO is not dying, it's a very happy and engaged team that are trying to put it into a happy place. Yes bugs, release was rushed a bit, features are what some people have said there are. I feel like when I left the future vision was better than anything I've seen for the game in a long time. No pet projects, no half features. Core game improvements.Content.End game. Of course what we think that is and you think may be two different things. Watch for dev diaries and whatnot.

Bullshit! And more bullshit!

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #76 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:29am
Print Post  
This thread is amazing.

Im sure how nice we all were probably made his decision to leave really difficult.

That being said, this update was like biting down hard on a fork.
Thoroughly disquieting.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:29am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #77 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:08am
Print Post  
first off, we are not the seedy underbelly, we are the legit opinion of the veteran player base. we are what the players feel, as opposed to the official cordoforums. those forums are what turbine wants to be presented as. so get that shit straight. there's a reason you came here for info, and it wasnt because we were seedy. dont be a prick.

secondly, we embraced you, interacted and engaged with you, discussed things with you, and vice versa. we were the original players council. I believe i can go as far as saying, the general consensus here, was that 'we loved you'. we pretty much unanimously accepted you into our ranks.

recognize that half these user's anger and rage is not because of who you are or what occurred, but the fact that we viewed you as a knight in shining armor, here to rectify a 4+ year downfall heralded in by your predecessors, and after all the potential and hope, you are now gone. you were the silver lining, the last thread of hope we blindly clung to. the vine we hoped would one day bear our nourishment.

and that vine has been cut before any of the fruit became ripe. you were our future. our future just left to work on lotro. regardless of what rowan or some other twat thinks, this was a bad move. the game is, yet again, in a far worse state than it has been in a long time. and what hope have we now to cling to? all we really got, was evidence that your reign was the same as each one prior. false hope, empty promises, and abandonment.

dont come in here with this "whatever" shit. this is bad, and you should feel bad. We believed in you. This whole situation hurts me inside. It hurts me to see you go, it hurts me to see these devoted players turn on you, and it hurts me to know that they are turning on you because they are just as hurt as i am.

and if you disagree, just call me 'gay and retarded'. ill get the point.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:17am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:08am:
first off, we are not the seedy underbelly, we are the legit opinion of the veteran player base. we are what the players feel, as opposed to the official cordoforums. those forums are what turbine wants to be presented as. so get that shit straight. there's a reason you came here for info, and it wasnt because we were seedy. dont be a prick.

secondly, we embraced you, interacted and engaged with you, discussed things with you, and vice versa. we were the original players council. I believe i can go as far as saying, the general consensus here, was that 'we loved you'. we pretty much unanimously accepted you into our ranks.

recognize that half these user's anger and rage is not because of who you are or what occurred, but the fact that we viewed you as a knight in shining armor, here to rectify a 4+ year downfall heralded in by your predecessors, and after all the potential and hope, you are now gone. you were the silver lining, the last thread of hope we blindly clung to. the vine we hoped would one day bear our nourishment.

and that vine has been cut before any of the fruit became ripe. you were our future. our future just left to work on lotro. regardless of what rowan or some other twat thinks, this was a bad move. the game is, yet again, in a far worse state than it has been in a long time. and what hope have we now to cling to? all we really got, was evidence that your reign was the same as each one prior. false hope, empty promises, and abandonment.

dont come in here with this "whatever" shit. this is bad, and you should feel bad. We believed in you. This whole situation hurts me inside. It hurts me to see you go, it hurts me to see these devoted players turn on you, and it hurts me to know that they are turning on you because they are just as hurt as i am.

+1 to this post.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:33am
Print Post  

Good luck in your future endeavors.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:39am
Print Post  
Vic wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:34pm:
Enchantements: Barbarians and paladins are still openly hanging. GJ on bards. Ok, i do see something there.

sarcasm?

The swashbuckler tree itself might be nice and a good tree, but they didn't fix the core problems of the bard class and are going to use the swashbuckler tree as excuse to destroy most of the long lasting and loved bard builds.
But yeah, most new players don't know how it is to have valuable melee song buffs and at least enough melee dps to get stuff done on your own...
They destroyed that long ago and prefer to introduce a new tree instead of fixing old builds and at the same time they say they try not to break too many characters...

But hey... most bard players currently around don't remember how valueable warchanters once were and that they were still able to be at least decent enough dps to get stuff done alone.

So what did bards get? A new and superior melee tree which is not supporting any of the current warchanter fighting styles.
On top of that bards who tried the swashbuckler tree said it wouldn't feel like playing a bard anymore...
How can an enhancement tree be good if the playing the class now feels more like playing a generel fighter melee than a bard? o.O
And they are going to use the swashbuckler tree to say now that bards have a melee tree they don't need the warchanter melee anymore... And at the same time they try to fool us with senteces like 'we try not to break current character builds'...

There general direction for warchanters is now a buffing and healing nannybot, which is worse in melee than a cleric/fvs. That sounds like a new level of fun playing a warchanter...

So sorry, but I don't see how the swashbuckler tree is anything near a 'Good Job' done for the bard class itself.

Not having very strong melee skills NEVER was the problem of bards, especially not the problem that nearly no warchanters were running around anymore since the enhancement pass... so they fixed something that wasn't broken. Yeah warchanter didn't scale dps wise as much as other classes with the new enhancements and epic destinies, but good bard players never tried to be same dps like a fighter or barb.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #81 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 5:09am
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:35pm:
Blah blah blah Bright Future! Blah blah blah All is Well! Blah blah blah So long and thanks for all the fish!

Never again, damn you! never again.

IP Logged

Steiner
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 6:31am
Print Post  
MajMal was the person who would change DDO for better.

He was person with a clue, someone who understood DDO (or so i hoped).

Realy bad thing you did here, m8.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #83 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Steiner wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 6:31am:
He was person with a clue, someone who understood DDO (or so i hoped).

Wow, are you really that naive?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 10:20am
Print Post  

So much this!

People feel like they were lied to by someone they trusted. Most here don't trust Turbine but they trusted you and you fucking catfished us.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014 at 10:57am by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

Steiner
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 7:17am:
Wow, are you really that naive?

He looked like a person who gave a fuck about DDO. Unlike a lot of others.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #86 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Maybe DDO would be in a better place if they stopped changing the bloody producers every 2 months.

If we had one consistent goal for DDO at least we would either know to quit or stay, since we would actually know the FUCKING direction the game is taking.

Also prodMal:

good luck in LOTRO, but fuck you for leaving us after you made promises to help fix DDO.

By comparison to DDO lotro is a piece of trash, and you are only there because they have realised that you are bad for this game and LOTRO is way more stable than DDO so you can't fuck that up as much too.

I used to respect you prodmal for coming to the vault and communicating with us, but really they should have made FOS producer before you.

And I think FOS was shit for this game.

GFY, DIAF, other vault greetings.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #87 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 11:12am
Print Post  
What a fucking load of crap...

DDO is like watching a band with no frontman. No lead singer. It went from hardcore niche to mainstream crap.

See Metallica
See reference to Rock of Ages "Z Guyeezz's"

Kiss my ass

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 11:01am:
I used to respect you prodmal for coming to the vault and communicating with us, but really they should have made FOS producer before you.

And I think FOS was shit for this game.

I don't know if I'd go that far.

But one thing is for sure, FoS had more impact on the game than ProdMal did. ProdMal's single success while a DDO producer was gaining a new forum name. So many boats had their course set correctly and QoL got better in the game with that accomplishment.

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Sounds like Rowan managed to get his pet QA yes-man moved from the sinking ship to the new ship. The two of them will start drilling holes in the hull of that shortly.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #90 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
As promised MMF, here is the LOTRO equivalent of DDOVault.  Please start here.

Post after the above:
Quote:
Seriously?  His forum name has a mangling of the word "malfunction"?  How appropriate!

And the vault gets mentioned in post 74:
Quote:
I'm almost positive the DDO Vault folks were harder on him then we will be if he ever visits

And post 75 defines him to a tee:
Quote:
And OH MY FUCKING GOD he's so try hard it makes me sick! He's trying to win over the simpletons by referencing things they might like (and so far it seems to be working). Starts with a shitty version of a Rolling Stones song and, for absolutely no reason at all, he starts doing Monty Python shit. How long will it be before he starts posting shit about Firefly and what sort of superhero he'd prefer to be? Cringy bastard.

You all owe yourselves a treat and read the rest of that thread.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:34pm:

Post after the above:

And the vault gets mentioned in post 74:

And post 75 defines him to a tee:

You all owe yourselves a treat and read the rest of that thread.

nice! Seems turbine forums are all the same despite the game

Quote:
Definitely. The worst part is that there seem to be a lot of idiots on the official boards that lap his shit up. Some are literally acting like he's the Second Coming or something. I'm going to stop following links there again. That place just makes me pessimistic about humanity

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #92 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:08pm
Print Post  

They have a nice link to a video about what a Live Producer is... My read of it is that it's what other business call a Project Mangler...

Where I work it's the logical step when you're incompetent enough to do damage in the technical side but not incompetent enough to be fired for cause. That's also the mandatory step towards full time manglement if you come from the technical side.
While I know my days as a tech weenie are counted ( Indians are way cheaper than me, so it's just a matter of time ), I don't see myself doing the crap job project manglers do.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Zandos
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
If DDO is ship that starts to sink, they by comparsion lotro is ship that've been blasted by fucking artillery and is more than halfway drown.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #94 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Few questions after reading this.

1, Are you a 6 year old child who has managed to hack Daddy's lotro account? Honestly your forum name and OP reminds me of a kid who drank to much sugar based fizzy pop and was then left unsupervised for too long.

2, what happened to Rowan? After all this is the 3rd producer we have had since christmas, would be nice to know what you guys are doing so wrong that gets you replaced so quickly.

3, what are your plans for lotro in the near, and distant future? with special attention to issues regarding raids and grouping in lotro.

all valid questions!  let me answer them in reverse order.

-loot, endgame, QoL... or phish your fansites for known exploits.

-who?

-I have a katana!
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:18pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Zandos wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 2:59pm:
If DDO is ship that starts to sink, they by comparsion lotro is ship that've been blasted by fucking artillery and is more than halfway drown.

No, DDO has already sank. That was decided at turbine a while back.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 3:59pm:
Yeah the move happened the day after that post. Sorry about that. Thanks for the name tho. It's only fitting that DDO folk get to name me.

Could you tell us why DDO is going through so many producers? Why are people moving around so much there?

I mean...I'd guess that either:

1. everyone hates someone in charge there and runs or
2. DDO is sinking and you don't want to sink with it

EDIT: nevermind, found the info.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014 at 10:16pm by Hiding »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 10:11pm:
Could you tell us why DDO is going through so many producers?

LotRO went through 3 or 4 producers since Christmas

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #98 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 10:00pm:
To be fair to Feather, at least he got drunk one weekend and posted some interesting insights into how DDO decisions were made, on the Turbine forums no less!

The original was removed, here's a couple that remains:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430045-Dear-Feather-of-Sun?p=5162724&v...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/430045-Dear-Feather-of-Sun?p=5162800&v...

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #99 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 11:55pm
Print Post  

lotrovault.com was taken

Similarities:
They also have an "Arkat"
They also have a yawner

Differences:
They posted twinkies, not donuts
They don't have enough exploit threads
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2014 at 12:08am by FakeStrake »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint