Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Number of subscriptions drops alot (Read 8274 times)
Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Number of subscriptions drops alot
Reply #25 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 11:20pm:
I don't think there has been a release in the last year, maybe two, where the enjoyment I got from the good things outweighed the pain of the bad things. Your game would have been more fun if you'd done nothing!

Not enjoying shadowfail or empty update 20 or lagwipe raids or quadratic refried 3bc?

IP Logged

The Oracle
Korthos Resident

I See Dead People

Reply #26 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 2:09am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 5:49pm:
The Oracle wrote Yesterday at 3:57pm:
And .. Oracler?  Now with even more Oracley Oracleness?

Was a typo.  Very sorry.

No worries, it's good!  I didn't even realize the Oracle had … descendants or something.

The Oracle has the beard though, so that makes me the evil one.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #27 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:33am:
I don't know whether or not the number of VIP subscriptions has gone down, but I'd be shocked if DDO went into "maintenance only mode".

VIP suscriptions are way down. They screwed the pooch when they said "Fuck You" to the loyal fan base and made VIP virtually worthless. They still have the Ferdumbo business model running.

Whether or not people currently have any interest in actually subscribing to the game is irrelevant when you look at how the TP spending has undoubtedly gone through the roof.

Most of the people dumping the $1K+ into the game have also moved on. There was a one-year surge where people bought into the ideas of the game being improved. With the lack of leadership (no communication with the players) and laughable bugs, the ghost town has returned. Each TR, I used to always see some pugger chugging pots and had other items from the store. I haven't seen that for 4 months.

For example - +1 Hearts of Wood are more popular than ever, due to people wanting to drop the iconic base level.

Not really that much money: 2500 favor gets you over 1/2 way to a heart that isn't on sale.

For those "power gamers", heroic TRing didn't require any points as they just used their "duped" tokens and got all those TPs from favor each life.

IP Logged

grimorde
Dragon Raider

eh whatever...

Reply #28 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 3:08am
Print Post  
The Oracle wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 3:57pm:
It's asymptotic, it'll never hit zero.  If they left it running there'd be one guy out there still working on his completionist 40 years from now.

The way I play - that will probably be me...  Undecided

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #29 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Don't know about anyone else, but I dropped my sub after MotU was released. My primary reason for subbing was that I could play any quest in the game, on any diff, without having to spend anything else. I naively thought that meant ANY quest, not just quests that weren't part of an "expansion pack".

IP Logged

Yourmom
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 10:38am
Print Post  
I recall hearing something at the beginning of the year that said ddo was going into maintenance mode.  They talked about Doing Update 22 with the ships and then update 23 adding in new FR content.  After update 23 they have planned on going to maintenance as they are losing a customer base rapidly. 

They may merge servers, but if they are locked into a contract wouldn't they still have to pay even if they lightened the load?
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2014 at 10:39am by Yourmom »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #31 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Yourmom wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 10:38am:
I recall hearing something at the beginning of the year that said ddo was going into maintenance mode.  They talked about Doing Update 22 with the ships and then update 23 adding in new FR content.  After update 23 they have planned on going to maintenance as they are losing a customer base rapidly. 

They may merge servers, but if they are locked into a contract wouldn't they still have to pay even if they lightened the load?

they probably rent out one dedi box and run a few virtuals on it

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Yourmom
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 11:50am
Print Post  
and seeing how bad it runs I guess Cordo is our admin for it lol

IP Logged

toaf
Waterworks Kobold

fuck you Jerrry

Reply #33 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Yourmom wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 11:50am:
and seeing how bad it runs I guess Cordo is our admin for it lol

That's Fricke scary, the game has gotten nothing but worse since that dildodipshit joined them, he truly was the anti ddo

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint