Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Single weapon fighting feat bug? (Read 8821 times)
Factor
Ex Member

Single weapon fighting feat bug?
Jun 22nd, 2014 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Just Tr'd a toon and even with the required ranks of balance the trainers wont let me take the single weapon fighting feat, Ideas?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Single weapon fighting feat bug?
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
You must have the prerequisite ranks in balance prior to the level you wish to take the swf feats line. So, for lv 1 it is impossible despite placing points into the balance skill. You will also have to meet BAB requirements as well as balance ranks.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
yup, I am currently at lev 5 trying to go to 6. I have 4 ranks of balance in it right now and a BAB of 5

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
useless jerk bletchly came on and said: its a issue we know about here is a LR heart.  I told him, well I just took a level of bard I cant use as planned now so take the LR back and send a +1 LR so I can fix the bard level.

But no amount of talking would get him to send a +1 instead, these GMs are useless and lazy as heck, can't be bothered to do anything.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
will fred let you swap in SWF after you finish the leveling process and have picked up the point in balance?

You can go back and swap in feats after you've reached a pre-req via level up stats, skills may be the same.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
no, and I meet all the reqs now.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
I can get by without the swf feat but I guess there two things bother me here. 

One: they know it is a issue but don't let anyone know about it which is just a hassle.

Two: The GM knows about it, knows I took a level of bard I cant use as planned now, but cant be bothered to take the LR back and give me a +1LR that will fix the problem.

Now don't get me wrong, it is hand to have a extra LR, but it wont fix the problem that caused me to get it, and the could easily give me the one that would fix it.

Terrible bugs surpassed by even more terrible customer service.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
just lazy.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:28pm:
will fred let you swap in SWF after you finish the leveling process and have picked up the point in balance?

You can go back and swap in feats after you've reached a pre-req via level up stats, skills may be the same.

Really?... That's kinda messed up.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:38pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:37pm:
Really?... That's kinda messed up.  Roll Eyes

Yeah I proved it ages ago with half elf dillys after lots of people were spewing wrong shit.

Thread here

Much in the same way, you can use a level 26/28 ED feat, and the level 28 stat point to meet the pre-reqs for epic toughnes, and then go back to a 21/24/27 feat slot and swap out your filler feat for epic toughness.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:43pm by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
yes but in this case even with all pre-reqs met you cannot take the SWF feat, even with freds help.

IP Logged

Darkchampion
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Did u take any thf or twf feats? They are mutually exclusive as explained by dev

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #12 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:40pm:
Yeah I proved it ages ago with half elf dillys after lots of people were spewing wrong shit.

Thread here

Much in the same way, you can use a level 26/28 ED feat, and the level 28 stat point to meet the pre-reqs for epic toughnes, and then go back to a 21/24/27 feat slot and swap out your filler feat for epic toughness.

Good to know... So when +7 Tomes come out, (Come on, we all know it's gonna happen.) I'll be able to take Overwhelming Critical without needing to take any STR at level up, or sacrificing Binding Speed at 27.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:50pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Darkchampion wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:45pm:
Did u take any thf or twf feats? They are mutually exclusive as explained by dev

Actually it is a bug, in the sense that it is inconsistent. This was the second ranger I gave (or in this case attempted to give) the SWF feat, the first I had no problems at all but this time around I did. Also the GM knew exactly what I was talking about as soon as he was on and said it was a known issue.

Probably one reason he had a pat (wrong) answer and moved on so quickly.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #14 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:49pm:
Good to know... So when +7 Tomes come out, (Come on, we all know it's gonna happen.) I'll be able to take Overwhelming Critical without needing to take any STR at level up, or sacrificing Binding Speed at 27.

level ups are counted the same as your base stat.

Inherent bonuses from tomes are counted separately, you can't get away with counting the +7 bonus from a tome at a level where only +6 of the bonus is applied.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #15 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 9:12pm:
level ups are counted the same as your base stat.

Inherent bonuses from tomes are counted separately, you can't get away with counting the +7 bonus from a tome at a level where only +6 of the bonus is applied.

Humbug!

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #16 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 6:57pm:
You must have the prerequisite ranks in balance prior to the level you wish to take the swf feats line. So, for lv 1 it is impossible despite placing points into the balance skill. You will also have to meet BAB requirements as well as balance ranks.

? I just tr'd today, Shadar Kai rogue... at lvl 1, i picked up Single Weapon Fighting feat...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:05am:
? I just tr'd today, Shadar Kai rogue... at lvl 1, i picked up Single Weapon Fighting feat...

That was an issue didnt know when it was fixed.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ghostbaned

Reply #18 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Ah. I don't bother reading official forums and such, so I never know what is a known issue or whatnot. Too busy playing the game and experimenting with it when I get bored of playing it. And, when entirely bored with both, I play ESO Tongue

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:49am:
Ah. I don't bother reading official forums and such, so I never know what is a known issue or whatnot. Too busy playing the game and experimenting with it when I get bored of playing it. And, when entirely bored with both, I play ESO Tongue

Actually Rest posted it here somewhere. I forget where. Only reason I saw it and knew. Even though im on my swashbuckler swf life ;p

IP Logged

Ghostbaned

Reply #20 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Lol. I should read more though, to be honest. The build I am on now, sucks... bad... Went full single weapon fighting line + shuriken thrower. But, I don't notice the shurikens benefiting at all from the 4 feats. Munkenmo (if i recall correctly) had a rogue and monk shuriken build, that I used months ago, that was far superior in every way than bard/rogue shuriken. But... oh well. iconic, so eat stone, wala, 20. Head to kings forest... lvl 23. Eat epic stone... lvl 26. Only 2 lvls for me to actually lvl each life, so not like it is hard anymore, rofl. Definitely nice for experimenting with builds.

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 1:16am:
Head to kings forest... lvl 23.

What are you doing in that forest?
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2014 at 1:44am by Dargon »  

IP Logged

Ghostbaned

Reply #22 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 1:46am
Print Post  
stuff... with things.. in that place... oh look, fire caves!

IP Logged

cabal41
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:05am:

maybe having 14 or more dex gives you 2 balance by default, the OP might have started with less dex

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 6:15am
Print Post  
someone Tr'ing in our guild ran into the same problem today, but he got a +3 heart to fix it from the GM... same one, he he   

I'm not saying the OP is a bitter pill with poor people skills.....just saying my guildmate has a +3 LR so, there you go  Grin

Anyway real problem, so heads up you are all warned that you may or may not get a +3LR for your troubles.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint