Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic So you think Swashing is OP? how about guild buffs (Read 3941 times)
Factor
Ex Member

So you think Swashing is OP? how about guild buffs
Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Well since I ripped off the band-aid to post my other thread I thought I would mention something else that has been on my mind.

The new ship buffs are extrodinary.... as long as you are in a guild. The power gap between guild players and small guilds or lone wolves is enormous with the huge range of new buffs that last through death.

I started to try to add up the equivalent enhancement points that provide but gave up, but things like +2% double shot, +.25 W, and things like that add up!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: So you think Swashing is OP? how about guild buffs
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
so be a lone wolf in a guild.

In heroic the buffs will make a much smaller difference when they elimnate the old resist shrines.

Mostly though the buffs don't matter, shit buffed players still won't outperform good unbuffed players.

After that all I can say is it's about fucking time the durations were increased.
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:47pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:44pm:
Mostly though the buffs don't matter, shit buffed players still won't outperform good unbuffed players.

Agreed.  Old buffs covered up a lot of shitty players too.  Never seen so many TRs run through traps all the time just because of the +30 resists.

Best ones are the XP bonus and the run speed.   Grin  Everything else is like "ehh, that's cool."

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The new ship buffs are extrodinary.... as long as you are in a guild.

And?  Join a guild.  From what I see, most guilds aren't very picky.  They might take you.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
I am in a large guild, We have a Kraken and when I finally took a detailed look at the buffs that came with the amenity bar I was astounded.

My comment wasn't coming from a place of jealousy, but instead acknowledging how power creep had in fact power jumped in regards to guild players versus non-guild players.

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
I am in a large guild, We have a Kraken and when I finally took a detailed look at the buffs that came with the amenity bar I was astounded.

My comment wasn't coming from a place of jealousy, but instead acknowledging how power creep had in fact power jumped in regards to guild players versus non-guild players.

I almost never see anyone not in a guild. Even when I'm on my bank or trading toon, which I leave out of my guild, if I'm standing in one place for an extended period of time, I get hit by guild invites from people passing by. Sometimes the same person multiple times -_-. But still, from what I've seen, Khyber doesn't have that many guildless people who aren't guildless by choice.

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 1:41am
Print Post  
I ran by Burnem today, from legion... If that troll can get a guild, and a good one at that... you either have to not want to be in a guild, or really suck X_x Many lower lvl guilds even spam invite anyone they see...

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Guild buffs are for bitches. I just sit at the quest entrance waiting for those whores to get off their fucking ship and start the quest. For some reason, I am always still miles ahead of them in the quest. So much for their fucking buffs.

OMG WE ARE DOING EH WE NEED GUILD BUFFS.

Bitch please, slit your throat.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:25pm:
Guild buffs are for bitches. I just sit at the quest entrance waiting for those whores to get off their fucking ship and start the quest. For some reason, I am always still miles ahead of them in the quest. So much for their fucking buffs.

Awesome.

IP Logged

Ioun
Dragon Raider

Daddy don't hurt me.

Reply #9 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jun 22nd, 2014 at 7:44pm:
After that all I can say is it's about fucking time the durations were increased.

Yeah I agree, plus the fact that some of the buffs don't tick down when you're not in an instance.

IP Logged

Yourmom
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 12:25pm:

You forgot the best part.  They enter as your halfway done and die from the one mob left with 300hp and rage quit lol

It was the stupid fucks like Axer that created this dumb mindset that ship buffs are needed and if you are not in a high level guild with the buffs you are gimp. 

IP Logged

Half Elf Creeper
Waterworks Kobold

Fer.nan.do thinks I'm
hawt

Reply #11 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Well, that's the best part of one-button longer buffs that last through death.  At least the noobs waste our time less often.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint