Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Duping Future Of The Game (Read 15292 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Duping Future Of The Game
Jun 25th, 2014 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/444367-In-a-game-with-such-rampant-dup...

Wherein HAL repeatedly has to post replies of how he is not wrong and has valid points. Because if you keep posting how much you believe your own lies then everyone else will believe it too.

Not to be outdone by HAL, by any means. Hendrik breaks down into cursing and begging for the turbine bukaki fest.

Quote:
Should the rest of us just give up any hope and just move on?

Should we not care anymore about DDO and let these rats ruin the rest of the game and go down with the ship?

Come on Turbine tell us something, one way or the other so the honest players can pack up and find something else without these people.

If people like you and HAL had never joined any forums.. So that you couldnt spew your retarded shit and ruin the game for the rest of us. By spouting off in the wrong direction- hint; unplug your rectum, look at turbine- every single fucking time. This game would be at least 80% better. Easily

And where do you think you're going? As if. Your 10k post count binds you to this game and that forum. Youre dead without it. You give up your podium of Jerry jizz? Nevar
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2014 at 4:36pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Duping Future Of The Game
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 4:46pm
Print Post  

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Jere
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Personally, prefer to play a game without dupes/exploits/hacks/cheats etc at least once. If it's good, I play it again, maybe a few times. After a while, tho, it gets boring. At that point, the only thing left to do is go god mode, pull out every tip and trick I've came across while on my grindfest, and pwn everything for 99,999 x a jillion damage once or twice. After that, I realize I don't actually care about playing the game anymore. I go do something else.

Basically, most of us are doing it because we're just done with the game. I'll go out on a limb and say most people follow this pattern of behavior. Nothing to be done about it, really.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2014 at 5:00pm by Jere »  

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
This wouldn't be a problem if they just fixed the bugs correctly in the first place instead of the half assed job they do.

This wouldn't be a problem if they released code that was not riddled with all those bugs, but they listened to those wanting more content released regardless of how many bugs then patching them later.  This wouldn't be so much of a problem if Turbine actually fixed the stuff they released but they don't because they move on to releasing more content to appease the fucktards wanting more content regardless of how many bugs.

This is what happens when listening to the wrong people and doing half assed jobs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

WP
Waterworks Kobold

All of life's problems
can be solved by kicking

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
I don't understand the drama. Dupe bug is a proof that programmers either do want us to dupe stuff or just incompetent and can not do their job. If it's the 1st case - thank you guys for giving us chance to catch up and improve out playstyle. If it's no2 - guess - you did shitty no2 job! If I was your breadgiver I would fire your incompetent ass and find someone who can do the job without bugs. But that's just me.
On the other hand eXploits are good or even great marketing tool. Look - I made this today by duping! I was not wasting time to run the raid - I used timers for duped cards, then I was able to get this ingredient - so I duped it and get this awesome item. Game keeps roling. I tell the friend that he can do the same and we have people running the game again. Who cares!
Also - come on! If someone have too much AS - ASAH is a joke! A lot of people duped their AS thanks to incompetence (again) cause they were reusing certain bug to gain infinite source of AS.
You say economy I say joke! For me ingame economy died somewhere around 1st Crystal Cove. Thanks to certain wand bug I made around 40 mil plat and all I wanted from AH.
Dupers and traders helped me to get gear that I was not lucky enough to get for years of playing. Silly old shard/seal/scroll system was about grinding. Was it perfect? I don't know and I do not care.
I know one thing - if they won't fix major bugs first and then focus on silly bugs (like dupes) I won't spare money on TP or XPacks. MOTU was not bad but Shadowfail? Come on! Bonuses were pathetic.
OK. Time to finish this and get some sleep while my nasty main guy will run crucible optionals over and over again.
Duping is the future of DDO. Players - prove I'm right. Devs - prove I'm wrong!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
This thread is going to locked soon. It has everything.
Hendrick
Hal
Chai
Graetaxeuser
Qhualor
Truudh

who are all loved very much on this site.

In mean time. You can enjoy posts made by greataxeuser comparing himself to "Law Enforcement officer going undercover"

Because he bought Invis pots...

Quote:
Perma ban the dupers. They only gave them temp bans about 8 months ago. Not sure why they were not perma banned. But that is the past.

Oh and to all of you who responded to my post about buying the invis pots and me being part of the problem. I had to buy them to prove there was duping or not. I didn't know until a pattern started to arise. I had to test this pattern and every time it was the same thing. I would buy all the invis pots up, then within a few hours, bam! 100's of invis pots of varying prices would be back up in the plat auction house. Like I said the Duper is creating different amounts with different prices that do not relate to each other as a means to create an alibi for themselves. I had to buy them to prove there is duping and rule out any type coincidence of actual potions on the auction house that were legit. It happened too many times to not be duping. Oh and invis pots do not drop like candy in barrels. We maybe see 1 of these drop from a barrel in 10 quests. And to find 2 of these potions in a chest happens very rarely as well. Collecting 500 over a long time span is not enough compared to how many I have bought. There is a duper On Cannith, take what I am telling you all and go with it. Someone had to do it. Law enforcement does it all the time in real life. They have to go undercover to catch the bad guys.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Half of those fuckead a lurk or have an account here.  Hendricks definitely posts here under a sock puppet.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Jesus, is HAL the new Shade or something?

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Why dont those guys just shut up and play how they wanna play and let other people do what they wanna do. They can just run with people like them only. And stay away from people who use features. It that easy. No need to bitch about it.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
The only problem for me is that we have less raids if everyone dupes his items. But some named loot dropping as well in some raids helps a bit with that problem.

As long as no one is going to kill me with his duped items I could care less. But in most cases the whole group has advantages if people use duped pots or duped items. Makes the quest a bit easier for everyone. Smiley

Turbine should be more concerned players dupe store items. But again... I think most of the dupers wouldn't have bought these items in the store anyways.
So probably not that much of an impact as some players might think.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 5:52pm:
This thread is going to locked soon. It has everything.
Hendrick
Hal
Chai
Graetaxeuser
Qhualor
Truudh

who are all loved very much on this site.

you left out Vint and Hungarian Dipshittery from the braintrust listed above.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 6:44pm:
Why dont those guys just shut up and play how they wanna play

most of them don't actually play DDO any more, just the DDO FORUMS.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #12 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 7:25pm:
you left out Vint and Hungarian Dipshittery from the braintrust listed above.

I've never really minded Vint.  Haven't seen much of his more recent stuff but usually he goes along the lines of mind your own business.  Pretty sure he doesn't advocate cheating.

He can be a bit of a prick, when I ran with legion a few times, but I didn't mind him in my pugs so much.  At least he knew what the fuck to do, unlike a lot of other puggers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #13 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 4:46pm:

OMG, Revaulting, that's awesome!

I just wish more of them would actually leave Sad

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
oh, where one can get invis pots?Smiley

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #15 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
So many of them make so much damn noise ........ play the game or don't by all means but fucken hell, the drama is getting whack.

I still log in to play the game and I couldn't give 2 fucks what someone else is doing, I really don't. As long as it doesn't affect my runs with friends, pssssssh.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
no, this game really does suck because of duping. And there is one reason why:

it ruins grouping and creates "income inequality" amongst players. Then they cant run together, because you can't run EE's with geared out people if you just legitimately grind for gear. At least, not for a long time after the dupers run off with all the new best stuff, or having unlimited resources.

That gulf becomes exacerbated by the time spent not running with each other, so you get two distinct groups: haves and have nots.

If this sounds like the current fucked up socio-economic and political situation in the U.S., it's because it's actually a good microcosm experiment to understand it. Equality of opportunities and access to resources is what creates harmony in society. It allows people to focus on bigger problems (like an EE raid), together, at the same time, to accomplish bigger things. Inequality simply limits the size of groups and and the size of individuals possible contributions, based on resources, instead of effort or ability.

/flame on, 'tards.

Full Disclosure: I played this game from 2006-2013 without ever duping a single thing. Mostly because I didn't know how or care enough to do it. I did Macro shard decons when crafting came out to level faster, but that was the closest I ever got, until Dupapalooza last year, and of course Dupapalooza 2. Having been both, I know the above to be true. Or rather, while I was able to run harder content, I did so with greter frustration and worse loot for a long time. It made me a better player, but also less interested in the game, and angry at cheaters, which made me not want to play. I also avoided the top guilds on Khyber all of that time, because I felt I wasn't good enough without all the loot I didn't understand people having. Although now with equivilent loot, it turns out I was always better than most of them.

Poverty is a real bitch that way.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2014 at 11:16pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #17 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Most of them can't talk without mumbling around turbine dick.  So it is especially funny to me when their personal difference place them at odds with each other in some sort of muppet flailing arm slap fight.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 3:18am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 11:09pm:

it ruins grouping and creates "income inequality" amongst players. Then they cant run together, because you can't run EE's with geared out people if you just legitimately grind for gear. At least, not for a long time after the dupers run off with all the new best stuff, or having unlimited resources.

That gulf becomes exacerbated by the time spent not running with each other, so you get two distinct groups: haves and have nots.

If this sounds like the current fucked up socio-economic and political situation in the U.S., it's because it's actually a good microcosm experiment to understand it. Equality of opportunities and access to resources is what creates harmony in society. It allows people to focus on bigger problems (like an EE raid), together, at the same time, to accomplish bigger things. Inequality simply limits the size of groups and and the size of individuals possible contributions, based on resources, instead of effort or ability.

/flame on, 'tards.

Full Disclosure: I played this game from 2006-2013 without ever duping a single thing. Mostly because I didn't know how or care enough to do it. I did Macro shard decons when crafting came out to level faster, but that was the closest I ever got, until Dupapalooza last year, and of course Dupapalooza 2. Having been both, I know the above to be true. Or rather, while I was able to run harder content, I did so with greter frustration and worse loot for a long time. It made me a better player, but also less interested in the game, and angry at cheaters, which made me not want to play. I also avoided the top guilds on Khyber all of that time, because I felt I wasn't good enough without all the loot I didn't understand people having. Although now with equivilent loot, it turns out I was always better than most of them.

Poverty is a real bitch that way.

Turbine doesn't want us to play together anyways.
Just look at the dungeon scaling and some strange spawn scaling in some challenges and newer quest.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #19 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 7:15am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 11:09pm:

Wow, that's a great observation, Harhar!

And it gets even worse when you add in casual players who are even lower on the gear scale than legitimate grinders.

Some people say DungeonScaling killed grouping, I think gear disparity/power creep is much more to blame.

It isn't fun for either group to play with the other, and the more spread out that spectrum the less chance that a random pug is fun for all involved  Cry

EDIT: Not that I'm against duping, it's too late to save grouping and at least duping gives some people a chance to have fun in the game. Maybe it will even get Turbine to address the underlying problems, so dupe on!
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014 at 7:18am by Meursault »  

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #20 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 7:15am:
Wow, that's a great observation, Harhar!

And it gets even worse when you add in casual players who are even lower on the gear scale than legitimate grinders.

Some people say DungeonScaling killed grouping, I think gear disparity/power creep is much more to blame.

It isn't fun for either group to play with the other, and the more spread out that spectrum the less chance that a random pug is fun for all involved  Cry

EDIT: Not that I'm against duping, it's too late to save grouping and at least duping gives some people a chance to have fun in the game. Maybe it will even get Turbine to address the underlying problems, so dupe on!

I actually think the Vault revealing dupes is the great equalizer. Many more people got top end loot very quickly. After some time breaking it in, you got a lot more people capable of running harder content. The problem, lots of people had already left DDO by this time, and the content is so riddled with bugs that things were trivially easy. Like Stand and Be Judged on Purple. If anyone keeps playing this game now that they've banned a lot of the best players, and bugged out all the interfaces, and released stupid content no one really cares about (ie not End Game that challenges people with TF weapons), it's sort of a moot point.

We'll see what happens with Epic Orchard.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #21 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Bullshit.
No amount of duping gives shitty player friends or invites to decent groups/ guilds / raids/ channels / whatever.
These people get usually bored because there is nothing left to do. All the gear in the world is not gonna give them Godlike power.

There are so many new baked serial TRs/ completionists that absolutely suck donkey balls.
People that can do fuck all except Korthos - Vale every week ( or reuse stones in the other case ).

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #22 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 11:18am:
No amount of duping gives shitty player friends or invites to decent groups/ guilds / raids/ channels / whatever.
These people get usually bored because there is nothing left to do. All the gear in the world is not gonna give them Godlike power.

You're right, it doesn't affect the very best or the very worst players. The people it has the most effect on are the huge masses of middle level players. The ones who would be OK if they had comparable gear, but who can't cut it with significantly poorer gear.

And that middle group deosn't need (or mostly even want) Godlike power, they just don't want to be a soulstone in somebody's backpack for a whole quest, that's frustrating not fun.

harharharhar wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 11:14am:
I actually think the Vault revealing dupes is the great equalizer. Many more people got top end loot very quickly. After some time breaking it in, you got a lot more people capable of running harder content.

I agree, but unfortunately The Vault doesn't reach enough players and the details mostly have to be secret and passed by PM to keep Turbine from wrapping them in gauze (because band-aids were not cumbersome enough). The Vault Leaks definitely help, but they are a band-aid for getting around, um, Turbine's band-aids  Undecided

IP Logged

Overmind
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
You people talk like if this is a competitive game.

It doesnt matter if the other 5 muppets in your party have everything dupe or not.

You wipe and retry or just kill everthing (99% of the time) and get the loots.

IF you pug, you just get the next 5 warm bodies that want an invite or if you dont (99% of the time) you play with guildies that HAVE everything already wihtout needing to dupe shit.

When was the last time you saw a noob playing?

They never get past korthos before they realize what a shitty experience this is compared to other games.
And you need YEARS to learn and be a pro at it.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014 at 1:02pm by Overmind »  

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #24 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Overmind wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 12:57pm:
You people talk like if this is a competitive game.

It doesnt matter if the other 5 muppets in your party have everything dupe or not.

You wipe and retry or just kill everthing (99% of the time) and get the loots.

This.

And if ppl dupe is because the retarded grind or some things like RSS ans SOS have a fuciking retarded drop rates.

I pulled every kind of shard/seal/scroll from sands but the RSS stuff, now i have 9 rings and 10 Epic SoS's and fuck turdbine.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014 at 1:01pm by ILoveExploits »  

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint