Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Duping Future Of The Game (Read 15311 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Duping Future Of The Game
Reply #25 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
That's funny because I duped EVERYTHING, even stuff that wasn't particularly hard to get. It made me mega rich. I have infinite XP pots, infinite cakes, infinite sov healing pots (ie all the Cards stuff), infinite mats for everything, maxed crafting levels, etc etc etc.

I think most people did the same. In fact, I think about 1% of the 1% who duped got SoS and RoSS shards/Essences. This is not what broke the game with duping.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 2:32pm:
This is not what broke the game with duping.

Fernando(Damn you word sub) and Kate Piaz broke turbine. Sure, p2w and unlimited duping of everything in game didn't help matters, but the fact still remains that he disliked gamers. I am sure some vets still remember that keynote speech he did in 2009(iirc) in which he even stated on tape that gamers are losers that wouldn't quit his game no matter what abuses he gave them.

Fernand's attitude was pervasive and the piaz's actively tried to remove or make irrelevant anyone or anything that wasn't with the program. For instance, I understood FoS's outburst. Although I did not like many of his idea's, I knew he really did care and tried his best.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:58pm by mystafyi »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:56pm:
http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png even stated on tape that gamers are losers that wouldn't quit his game no matter what abuse he gave them.

He is kind of right, in a way. Ever see the idiots on the forum and the stupid shit they post?

Axel
Quote:
This idea is simply not possible. Bankspace is limited because the server has limits.

TrinityTurtle
Quote:
Yes. As someone who has to work with a touchy database, they do in fact have limits on how much data they can manipulate and store.

That is just in TR Cache thread asking for more space. I want to punch all of them in the fukin face!
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:51pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #28 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 5:56pm:
I am sure some vets still remember that keynote speech he did in 2009(iirc) in which he even stated on tape that gamers are losers that wouldn't quit his game no matter what abuses he gave them.

Wow, that makes sense of so much of what that loser did.

Of all the people who have left DDO, he's the only one I actively wish ill on. I like the word sub fore the sole reason that if I ever walk into a MacDonalds and he's at the cash register I will be sure to recognize him and savor the moment.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #29 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 11:09pm:
If this sounds like the current fucked up socio-economic and political situation in the U.S., it's because it's actually a good microcosm experiment to understand it. Equality of opportunities and access to resources is what creates harmony in society.

Poverty is a real bitch that way.

Thanks for the laugh.  Grin

There is an enormous amount of opportunity in the USA. However, that does not fix stupidity, laziness, or poor judgment.

Giving poor, stupid, lazy people money does not fix the problem. Poor, stupid, lazy people often win the lottery, and end up bankrupt.

If the current "fucked up socio-economic and political situation in the U.S" isn't working for you, you would benefit a great deal by fixing your personal issues, rather than by whining about it on the Vault.

Fuck harmony. There is no reason why successful people like myself should give a fuck whether you are happy. Spend less time playing a fucking game and posting on the internet, and  become a useful human being.

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #30 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
I haven't played since late last year, but it looks like DDO has turned into a complete dupefest. Grin

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #31 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 9:09pm:
I haven't played since late last year, but it looks like DDO has turned into a complete dupefest. Grin

Weird, you left.... And it went from Doucefest, to dupefest!  Please do not return. Dupefest may not be good for the game...but you are still a douce. Hahaha

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #32 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 12:40pm:
Weird, you left.... And it went from Doucefest, to dupefest!  Please do not return. Dupefest may not be good for the game...but you are still a douce. Hahaha

Did you mean douche?

Or douce - sweet, nice, pleasant or alternatively "dude".

Please be the first.
Because if you're nice to the Astraghal, it might stick around, you know, like a stray dog does....

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #33 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 5:41am
Print Post  
It's all about epeen.

When you kill more, when you're faster, when you land spells, when you have a shiny stick....

I don't play much because there's nothing to do at cap. I couldn't care how many ingredients you duped. I care how many ingredients you need to make something. If I wanted to feel like I'm in a hamster wheel then I would go back to Phantasia4.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2014 at 5:41am by Rasczak »  

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #34 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Something to consider:

Duping does allow the dispersal of hard to get, highly desired items into the game.  AND, it stimulates the ASAH economy.

Just sayin'.  If the douche bags are making out, so be it.  But, Turbine is likely seeing some profiting from this, too.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #35 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Crunch ButtSteak wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 1:17pm:
Something to consider:

Duping does allow the dispersal of hard to get, highly desired items into the game.  AND, it stimulates the ASAH economy.

Just sayin'.  If the douche bags are making out, so be it.  But, Turbine is likely seeing some profiting from this, too.

but how am I supposed to keep price gauging casuals if everyone is selling ingots and shit?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #36 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Dupe or dupe not, there is no grind.

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #37 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 9:09pm:

Yeah.  So long as you can keep your dick out of the fan.

But truthfully, I don't believe the duping has really broken the game.

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #38 - Jul 4th, 2014 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
For me DDO was always about using knowledge and manual skill to compete with people who are better equipped.

That's why I was so effective on my 1st life Fighter, Bard and Wizard. Wink

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #39 - Jul 4th, 2014 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Jul 4th, 2014 at 9:57pm:
That's why I was so effective on my 1st life Fighter, Bard and Wizard.  Wink

IP Logged