Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Crystal Cove Returns (Read 7147 times)
Ioun
Dragon Raider

Daddy don't hurt me.

Re: Crystal Cove Returns
Reply #25 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Well based on what you guys are discussing I'm led to believe that I do not need to bother with cc and that makes me happy. Always sounded pointless to me and never participated.
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2014 at 12:02am by Ioun »  

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 3:55am
Print Post  
@Meursault: If I would see someone turning in all the time I would offer to help him turning in instead of reporting him. But yeah, there are too many stupid players around.
The grind for map pieces was never fun and only causing a delay between openings of the cove. They should have gone with a static wait time between openings.

I like crystal cove and I also like these kind of challenges. But I never liked to farm the turn ins. Was farming my first RoSS when rest of the group was farming pirates. Cheesy

But with the current drop in lfms I guess I should start farming pirates if I really want to do CC this time. :S

Probably I am going to farm epic xp and comms of valor instead and work on getting my toons EE ready.

The only thing I really need at the moment would be pirate hats for my newer toons. Shouldn't take that much time to farm for them, depening on the difficulty of the highler level CC instances. Otherwise I might be better of with capping one of my casters, epic TR and play CC25 with a level 20 caster. If I get 1-2 friends to do the same this is probably much easier than farming at cap.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #27 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 4:14am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 3:55am:
The grind for map pieces was never fun and only causing a delay between openings of the cove.

There was a time when I had killed many thousands of kobolds for those map pieces.
Not anymore. I made my peace with them.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #28 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 6:44am
Print Post  
@Meursault: If I would see someone turning in all the time I would offer to help him turning in instead of reporting him.

Yeah, I wish there were more like you around and fewer who got their panties in a twist when somebody has fun in a way different from their way.

They should have gone with a static wait time between openings.

My approach would have been to use the piece based turn in (in bulk, though) to accelerate a baseline timer - if nobody turns in any pieces it opens every 90 minutes. If people are farmign and turning in pieces, each piece reduces teh wait by 30 seconds, or some similar value, that's just a placeholder Smiley

I like crystal cove and I also like these kind of challenges.

Yeah, me too. I think the Cannith Challenges could have been a lot of fun, but you know, Turbine, we can't have nice things. Even the pirate farming was fun for a while, but they need to make it optional. Keep it available, keep it meaningful, but keep it from being a roadblock to fun if people don't enjoy it.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Thanks, I can understand that people don't like exploiting and can understand that they are unhappy that other players got better loot then they got and less raids are offered. But shortening the time between CC or mabar, I only see a win for everyone there.

Let's hope turbine is going with a mix of static time and turn ins to shorten the time. But... I'd guess turbine would go with a static 2-4h or more wait time.
I don't really get why there needs to be any wait time at all for CC. Yeah you can get nice items there, especially if you are a new player. But you still need a decent group to get enough shards.
I mean... I needed a break after 2 runs doing torches when it first came  out and levelcap was 20. But 5-20 min break would have been enough.

And mabar... let the dragon instance open each full hour.

And Cannith Challenges... think they are a good example how fucked up the dungeon scaling and item scaling of DDO is. Same scaling for all challenges, causing some of the challenges to be much easier if soloing and some be easier if having a full group...
And upgraded ML 15 items have more spellpower than red fens epic items...

IP Logged

ElBoltonero
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Ugh this is such a grind that even duping things to make shit is a grind.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #31 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Vault people think that they are superior to DDO forum folks, yet people here think it's suspicious to stand at a bank counter or standing at Euphonia's box or turning in map pieces or making LFMs for CC. This is hilarious. And I thought I knew the most lunatic conspiracy theorists of the web ...

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 1:26pm:
Vault people think that they are superior to DDO forum folks.

And there you go proving it again.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #33 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Vault people think that they are superior to DDO forum folks, yet people here think it's suspicious to stand at a bank counter or standing at Euphonia's box or turning in map pieces or making LFMs for CC. This is hilarious. And I thought I knew the most lunatic conspiracy theorists of the web ...

Shut up hen-dick

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #34 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Vault people think that they are superior to DDO forum folks, yet people here think it's suspicious to stand at a bank counter or standing at Euphonia's box or turning in map pieces or making LFMs for CC.

No, we're saying the rabid anti-exploiters think that standing at a bank etc. is suspicious. Look at the frothing at the mouth going on on the main forums. I think even the LAPD has a stronger presumption of innocence than these guys.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
ElBoltonero wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 12:25pm:
Ugh this is such a grind that even duping things to make shit is a grind.

No shit.

(meaning don't do it)  Tongue

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 5:23pm
Print Post  

You're unfathomably retarded, but I like your new Hitler avatar.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #37 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 5:23pm:
You're unfathomably retarded, but I like your new Hitler avatar. 

Hitler's only in my sig. My avatar depicts the dictator of DDO forums.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

DropBear

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #38 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 4:20pm:
I think even the LAPD has a stronger presumption of innocence than these guys.

Ha! Now that's a good one!
Grin
You mean the guys who say, "Stop, or I'll reload!!!"
Grin

IP Logged

DropBear

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #39 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 6:10pm:
Hitler's only in my sig. My avatar depicts the dictator of DDO forums.

I'm pretty sure that is what he meant.
Cordo is the "Hitler" of the DDO forums. Nvm....

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #40 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 11:36am:
Yeah, you're probably right. I could dupe the map peices and put up an LFM, and risk getting reported and banned because nobody saw me out farming pirates, or I could just dupe the shards and gems to make my 5th copy of Treasure Hunters Spyglass level 12. Why take the risk.
/

Pirate Grog, Kobold Assault.

Its plausible.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #41 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:41am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:52pm:
You mean the guys who say, "Stop, or I'll reload!!!"

Ha! Yeah, those guys Smiley

5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 11:29pm:
Pirate Grog, Kobold Assault.

True, I'd forgotten about that. If I decide to log in, I'll be turning in my duped map pieces and sanctimoniously telling everyone in zone chat to buy their grog and run KA for map pieces so we can get in. I'll fit right in. The irony will be delicious Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint