Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) PC Council Member Has It Out For Master's Blitz (Read 15918 times)
Yobai
Epic Poster

Re: PC Council Member Has It Out For Master's Blitz
Reply #50 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 9:32am:
Now if you want to nail that FlaviusMaximus sockpuppet on me, please do... just remember : In truth it's not me, so I don't care.

good to know.  I always thought VulviusMaximus was 80% douche.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #51 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
buckeye wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 2:38pm:
Trolling?  Being on the PC and not reading the DDO forums?  Where do some of your people get their info on what players want?  The PVP pit in the lobster?

just a WAG but maybe.... by playing?  playing with other people?  crazy.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Half Elf Creeper
Waterworks Kobold

Fer.nan.do thinks I'm
hawt

Reply #52 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 2:47pm:
Where d hell should they start?
I can name a broken thing every couple steps all the way from korthos til wyrm

In order, I would:
(1) Attack the lag/performance problem like you are storming the beaches of Normandy.  Accept no outcome but success.
(2) Fix EVERY feat, epic destiny, character feat that is NOT working as designed.  This should be the baseline before adding ANY new class, destiny, or PrE.
(3) Pick a crafting system and MOVE FORWARD with it as the gold standard.  Move the other system/ingredients to it over time.
(4) Work on balance by giving attention to areas that are weak, NOT hitting everything players enjoy with a nerf bat.

I personally would (in parallel) dedicate a group of developers to spend a significant amount of time cranking out new dungeons from old D&D modules (like was done with Haunted Halls) like mad.  Tomb of Horrors, White Plume Mountain, Lost Caverns of Tsjocanth, and The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan would be great starts.  Who gives a flip if they weren't originally set in Eberron or FR - adapt 'em.  When I was a kid, that's what we did in our D&D campaigns... shouldn't be too damn hard.

Now whether all of that is in budget or not, who knows.  But it's sure as hell where I'd start if I owned responsibility for the game.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #53 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Trolling?  Being on the PC and not reading the DDO forums?  Where do some of your people get their info on what players want?  The PVP pit in the lobster?

Listen. Getting info on what players want is not the PC's job. We were selected to represent players of different player groups and style, and of course you hear ppl's opinions while playing the game, but the only opinion we really need to present on the PC forums is our own.

When the devs want wider info on what the players want, they post it on the public forums. If they want early feedback on ideas that are not yet finished, with minimum drama, they post it on the PC forums.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2014 at 4:58pm by Angry »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #54 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
If you don't read ever you are not representing play styles or types of players at all. If all you are is yourself and not others like you the you are useless at best.

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #55 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 2:11pm:
So instead of hitting air 50 times, lets hit dummy 25 times.
That really changed something. Cheesy

Hence.. 'like advancing blows'... It would lose stacks over time if not kept up. So by all means if you want to blitz on the ship by hitting froggies.. You and the dummy would be beasts :p
However I don't wish a nerf to it.. Was just thinking out loud IF they do.. I'm more than fine with them not touching it at all.. The lag, crash at login, dc every 5 mins, wonky targets, low droprates, stuck spots, horrible amount of ingredients etc etc. in this game need more help than a situational OP ED (situational useless too...).

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #56 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 3:02pm:
good to know.  I always thought VulviusMaximus was 80% douche.

I'm 100% douche but VulviusMaximus is quite a reach. Let me guess, you are one of those brilliant wordsmiths that uses the term "turdbine".

Zaphear wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 9:57am:
The amount of wtf this guy posts is astounding.. and yet he still plans on playing a LD build even after all the shit talking. What a fucknut.

Not planning - already using yet another LD build. Blitz is OP, but I have to admit that my primary goal in that thread is to troll Cetus because he, along with a hand full of other people on the mother boards (some of whom are undoubtedly represented here in the Vault), bugs the shit out of me. If I can make his day a little shittier, I'm going to do it. Having to read his neverending, childish whining is pure torture and the ignore filters in the forums are sub-par, so I'm seldom spared from his grating voice.

Should Blitz be altered? Of course. Do I use it? Of course. Does the fact that I use it and think it should be adjusted make me less biased than you? Yes, it sure does. Am I going to start a big campaign to get it nerfed? Nope. I am going to bring it up once in a while though. If that drives you guys nuts, I have to admit, that makes me happy. I am a douche after all. But in all honesty, my primary objective in that thread is to annoy cetus. You guys are just icing on the cake.

Side note - the person suggesting that swinging at the air shouldn't charge Blitz is dead on.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2014 at 9:38pm by FM »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #57 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Swing at air or swing at something, outcome stays the same.
So what is the problem?

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #58 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Ugg the Unwise wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 6:19pm:
Hence.. 'like advancing blows'... It would lose stacks over time if not kept up. So by all means if you want to blitz on the ship by hitting froggies.. You and the dummy would be beasts :p
However I don't wish a nerf to it.. Was just thinking out loud IF they do.. I'm more than fine with them not touching it at all.. The lag, crash at login, dc every 5 mins, wonky targets, low droprates, stuck spots, horrible amount of ingredients etc etc. in this game need more help than a situational OP ED (situational useless too...).

You do know you can charge blitz before entering quest?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 10:25pm
Print Post  

FM wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 9:38pm:
Blitz is OP

Aww cute. Yer just a crying badsie

Should Blitz be altered? Of course. Do I use it? Of course. Does the fact that I use it and think it should be adjusted make me less biased than you? Yes, it sure does

lol. Less biased. Those cocks in your ass are making it hard for you to think.

Side note - the person suggesting that swinging at the air shouldn't charge Blitz is dead on.

Agreed. No charging bullshit needed. It should be a button press.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

DropBear

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #60 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 4:53pm:
Listen. Getting info on what players want is not the PC's job. We were selected to represent players of different player groups and style, and of course you hear ppl's opinions while playing the game, but the only opinion we really need to present on the PC forums is our own.

When the devs want wider info on what the players want, they post it on the public forums. If they want early feedback on ideas that are not yet finished, with minimum drama, they post it on the PC forums.

Hi Micki,

This response does not do you justice and comes across a little selfish.  I am not sure you intended this to be so blunt?

I do agree that you are not elected representatives per se, so you have no direct "obligation" to the community.
However, as a focus group your role is to represent diverse views to ensure the devs get broader feedback than an internal team review.
You are the middle ground between in-house review and customer feedback.  I would go so far as to say that Turdbine are notoriously bad at listening to the forums - so I don't think it is entirely fair to say "When the devs want wider info on what the players want, they post it on the public forums".

I would proffer that if you take your PC role seriously, that it warrants some reading of the forums to at least understand the issues, so that you can provide informed feedback - it is still yours, but you can weigh the pros and cons rather than just provide a one-sided perspective. 
I have read some compelling posts that have changed my view on some matters, and on many other occasions learned things I had not even considered.
I try to avoid alot of the whinge/troll threads, but there are some gems amongst the big pile of poo.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #61 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Let me guess, you are one of those brilliant wordsmiths that uses the term "turdbine".

Well....Turdbine is much more succinct and concise than "Repeatedly incompetent, arrogant and clueless production company", so yeah, we prefer Turdbine.
Feel free to use whichever version you are comfortable with - we won't hold it against you.
Wink

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #62 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 2:12am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:03am:
Hi Micki,

This response does not do you justice and comes across a little selfish.  I am not sure you intended this to be so blunt?

I do agree that you are not elected representatives per se, so you have no direct "obligation" to the community.
However, as a focus group your role is to represent diverse views to ensure the devs get broader feedback than an internal team review.
You are the middle ground between in-house review and customer feedback.  I would go so far as to say that Turdbine are notoriously bad at listening to the forums - so I don't think it is entirely fair to say "When the devs want wider info on what the players want, they post it on the public forums".

We are a bit split on the opinions on the PC who's voice we're supposed to be making heard, and yes, we do our best at pushing forward thoughts and ideas of our fellow players, but it is not a requirement. The devs usually present ideas to us first, then to the public to get feedback.

I would proffer that if you take your PC role seriously, that it warrants some reading of the forums to at least understand the issues, so that you can provide informed feedback - it is still yours, but you can weigh the pros and cons rather than just provide a one-sided perspective. 
I have read some compelling posts that have changed my view on some matters, and on many other occasions learned things I had not even considered.
I try to avoid alot of the whinge/troll threads, but there are some gems amongst the big pile of poo.

I might not have stated this enough times. I work as a software developer, mostly focused on bugs and support cases of late. In my free time I play ddo. I have little energy or interest in digging through the load of poo on the ddo forums.. page after page of whining. That's Cordovan's and Turbine's job. I talk to ppl in game and I read the vault.. while I stay way clear of the public forums, unless one of u guys link me something interesting.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #63 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 2:12am:
I might not have stated this enough times. I work as a software developer, mostly focused on bugs and support cases of late. In my free time I play ddo. I have little energy or interest in digging through the load of poo on the ddo forums.. page after page of whining. That's Cordovan's and Turbine's job. I talk to ppl in game and I read the vault.. while I stay way clear of the public forums, unless one of u guys link me something interesting.

That's fair enough Micki, I can understand that.
The DDO forums aren't my first port of call either.
I might go so far as to say that reading the Vault possibly puts you more in touch with the community....
Well certain elements of it at least!

Grin

Out of curiosity, as you work in this area, do you have empathy for Turbine or do you think they could do better with their resources and IP?

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2014 at 4:19am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #64 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 4:21am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 9:45pm:

Yes... You however seem to have problems reading..
Stacks... Would...go... Away...

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #65 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 4:55am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 4:18am:
Out of curiosity, as you work in this area, do you have empathy for Turbine or do you think they could do better with their resources and IP?

Understanding, and familiarity for sure. Empathy, no. I keep feeling disappointed in how Turbine manages things. I would expect higher standards from a company that has been producing games for this long... but no.

I would like to see the individual devs at turbine to take bigger responsibility for their work. I would like to see tests written and run before releasing anything. And I would like to see bugs squashed. But I guess they're all over worked and out of resources.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #66 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 5:53am
Print Post  

Yes Miki. Do this so I don't have to.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #67 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 6:27am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 4:55am:
Understanding, and familiarity for sure. Empathy, no. I keep feeling disappointed in how Turbine manages things. I would expect higher standards from a company that has been producing games for this long... but no.

I would like to see the individual devs at turbine to take bigger responsibility for their work. I would like to see tests written and run before releasing anything. And I would like to see bugs squashed. But I guess they're all over worked and out of resources.

Thanks - that was what I suspected.

I know there are lots of excuses mooted for and by Turdbine, but the reality is you set targets appropriate to your resources.  Less resources, smaller quality projects.
Continuing to pump out bug laden crap only destroys your reputation and credibility.

It is really hard to discern whether it is an issue with mgmt, culture or individual capabilities.
It has persisted through several producers over many years, so I think it is a cultural problem.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #68 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 7:18am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 6:27am:
It is really hard to discern whether it is an issue with mgmt, culture or individual capabilities.
It has persisted through several producers over many years, so I think it is a cultural problem.

Budgets and Umbrella expectations.
4 Updates a year is proving to be too much.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #69 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Ugg the Unwise wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 4:21am:
Yes... You however seem to have problems reading..
Stacks... Would...go... Away...

So by all means if you want to blitz on the ship by hitting froggies.. You and the dummy would be beasts :p

YOu have trouble reading your own posts.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #70 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 8:39am
Print Post  
You guys need to just go to your PC forums like pipe hitters and tell them to quit fucking with what is working and figure out how to fix the shit that is broken and driving people away.

They need to quit focusing on doing 13 things at once with the PC and go back to the basics and fix their shit. People are pissed and walking away because of broken shit not because of some OP ED.

In case it wasn't obvious :

Since Devs come and go, everything made in the past is left rotting as is. Devs have a hard on for something, they create a new something... and definitely do no try to look at what the previous Devs did.
If while doing their shit they break some old crap... well to bad, they are not going to even come near to fixing it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

buckeye
Korthos Resident

Reply #71 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
I apologize to you and Micki as I was a little harsh.  I meant no disrespect at either of you but it seems that Turbine cant see the forest for the trees.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #72 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 8:39am:
In case it wasn't obvious :

Since Devs come and go, everything made in the past is left rotting as is. Devs have a hard on for something, they create a new something... and definitely do no try to look at what the previous Devs did.
If while doing their shit they break some old crap... well to bad, they are not going to even come near to fixing it.

Sigh...
And this is where their culture is all wrong.
If this is the prevailing attitude then they are not a team, nor do they have collective objective.

It's just a bunch of peeps sitting in separate cubicles pumping out independent code for their CV.
It would explain a lot of the issues we see.

Their KPI's should be changed to be more team oriented - and not breaking anything existing!
The focus should be put back on the system and not pet components of that system.
Documentation and support for new code should also be mandatory.

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #73 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 7:21am:
So by all means if you want to blitz on the ship by hitting froggies.. You and the dummy would be beasts :p

YOu have trouble reading your own posts.

Nope.. How can it still be unclear to you that ship and quest are two separate locations!?

Anyway.. Waste of time.. Carry on the discussion folks.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #74 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Ugg the Unwise wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 2:02pm:
Nope.. How can it still be unclear to you that ship and quest are two separate locations!?

Anyway.. Waste of time.. Carry on the discussion folks.

Are you working for turbine and practicing stupidity?
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2014 at 3:51pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint