A genuine internet diploma "scientist"    
  21 (10.0%)
Really stupid liar    
  17 (8.1%)
A THF whore frightened by anything catching up    
  39 (18.7%)
A sad Teen who wanks to a Bladeforge screen saver    
  22 (10.5%)
So full of his importance on the M.B.s he feels the need to punish all of us with his fake "data"    
  15 (7.2%)
A cunt.    
  20 (9.6%)
A idiot who keeps changing his story to answer every post    
  22 (10.5%)
A pathetic tool who is desperate to get views on youtube    
  23 (11.0%)

Total votes: 209
« Last Modified by: on: Jul 16th, 2014 at 4:21pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is Cletus a bad liar or a really stupid scientist? (Read 45837 times)
Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Re: Is Cletus a bad liar or a really stupid scientist?
Reply #100 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 2:58am
Print Post  
I think Cletus and Rubbinitout probably should get a room and finish each other off.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 2:58am:
I think Cletus and Rubbinitout probably should get a room and finish each other off.

You both couldnt keep my throbbing dong off of you for long. You sexie hoes

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 3:18am:
just THF scientists.  being super smart AND having a huge dong is just not fair. Wink

this was a tough poll.  I really wanted to go with "bad liar", but in the end "pathetic tool" won out.  I would have also voted for "pathetic cunt" or "inbred sphincter polisher."

All tough, real world choices.

I ended up voting for "banana vaginas."

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
Stop what?

Amusing myself at how vomit bags think they can hurt me with their completely uninformed remarks?

Here's the reality:

I've received a degree in biochemistry from Stony Brook University in New York. During this time, I rotated in an HIV transcription laboratory where I studied GP120 for about a year at SUNY Downstate. After that, I became an independent investigator under the wing of a distinguished professor working on induction of cell death in transformed cells. I've worked on that for 4 years, with a peer reviewed publication on which I'm a second author - this was, and still is, a laboratory on Stony Brook campus.

After doing that graduate level work for several years, I now gained admission into medical school starting in August.

My scientific credentials are quite sound, but you'll just continue babbling about how I'm a shit whateVer/liar/WHAAA because I posted crude comparisons of two combat styles in a video game. They're sufficient to tentatively draw the conclusion that THF is underpowered.

Now here's the kicker: If you think otherwise, then you NEED to post your own demonstrations that support your position. Otherwise, simply saying "BAD DATA!" makes you look like a fool.

Hi. I'm also a scientist. I don't actually have a position on THF vrs SHF or TWF, but I prefer the TWF animation.

I don't work on HIV. I work on asthma, but not from your proximate, biological point of view. I'm currently working with two different institutions, one of them a research hospital.

Probably none of this matters to you, but I wrote this for two reasons:

1. my personal amusement and thread derailment

2. I've noticed that non-scientists get really upset when scientists enter into forum discussions. Not sure why. It's kind of cute. Glad you're taking it in stride.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #104 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Quote:
just checking in..

People still kicking the shit out of the liar with delusions of grandeur?          

check

Aforementioned Liar still attempting to play the humiliation off as "all in good fun" to spare his fragile  ego?

Check

List emerging of clueless minions from Mother boards?

check

Nice work people

No, it looks like he is laughing at you being a butthurt crybaby.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #105 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 8:35am
Print Post  
I'd like to see the poll results if you listed donuts as an option, and if you listed "OP is just whining" as options....

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #106 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 7:18am:

2. I've noticed that non-scientists get really upset when scientists enter into forum discussions. Not sure why. It's kind of cute. Glad you're taking it in stride.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #107 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 7:18am:
Hi. I'm also a scientist. I don't actually have a position on THF vrs SHF or TWF, but I prefer the TWF animation.

I don't work on HIV. I work on asthma, but not from your proximate, biological point of view. I'm currently working with two different institutions, one of them a research hospital.

Hey,

Well, I think the media and general mainstream interpretations lead people to have an incredibly wrong view of scientists. We don't know everything, we frequently change our stances based on evidence, and we constantly hedge ourselves when we aren't sure of something. Every step forward is cautious. Many non-scientifically minded people I debate with go so far as calling science a "cult" and scientists pompous.

People should have infinitely more respect for scientists who actually apply themselves in pushing the frontier of discovery and generate improvements in healthcare, technology, security, alternative energy etc.; which are all extremely important in a technologically dependent 21st century. Instead, we exempt religious organizations from paying taxes in the states, and cut NASA's budget to nothing. Real nice.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #108 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Instead, we exempt religious organizations from paying taxes in the states.

Odd, the only relevant US section on taxes that I find for religious institutions lists scientific institutions right beside it. Care to point out the special care that religious institutions are getting over scientific ones?

IP Logged

Tyrion
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
People should have infinitely more respect for scientists who actually apply themselves in pushing the frontier of discovery and generate improvements in healthcare, technology, security, alternative energy etc.; which are all extremely important in a technologically dependent 21st century. Instead, we exempt religious organizations from paying taxes in the states, and cut NASA's budget to nothing. Real nice.

What about scientists who dedicate their lives to THF? Are they to be respected as well?

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 4:26pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #112 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 1:23am:
Poll is missing donuts.  Especially the inflatable seat kind the OP needs to alleviate her butthurt when she sits.

OnePercenter wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 8:33am:
No, it looks like he is laughing at you being a butthurt crybaby. 

OnePercenter wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 8:35am:
I'd like to see the poll results if you listed donuts as an option, and if you listed "OP is just whining" as options....

Oh poor 1%! are you being ignored?   Wink

Maybe you should give up trying to Troll? because it doesn't look like it's really your forte when they ignore the same lines three times!  Grin  especially someone like Barcelot who is usually so thin skinned.... 

On the bright side not being able to troll is a GOOD thing, so welcome to the club!

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #113 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 3:02pm:
Odd, the only relevant US section on taxes that I find for religious institutions lists scientific institutions right beside it. Care to point out the special care that religious institutions are getting over scientific ones?

Ha! This argument

Nothing odd about it, you're looking at a general list of tax exempt "public services". For the purposes of categorizing them, science and religion fit under the same broad umbrella of "charitable organizations". However, there are some very significant differences in how they are treated in the real world.

Here's a source that gives you a better breakdown:

Religion:

1. To qualify as a religious organization, an organization must have (and practice) sincerely held religious beliefs.

Well, that's nice. Pretty subjective don't you think?

2. Churches do not have to apply for tax exemption (though some find it advantageous to do so), receive special protection from IRS audits, are presumed not to be private foundations, and generally receive special treatment under state law.

Scientific Research:

1. Research will be considered carried on in the public interest if: (1) research results (including any resulting patents, copyrights, processes, or formulae) are made available to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis;

Here we have an emphasis on results, which can make or break your funding. If you are having a hard time generating results, you have nothing to write down on your grant applications, and generally speaking, you get shut down. Why aren't churches subject to some kind of objective standard? Oh right, its religion we're talking about...

Source:

http://www.morganlewis.com/pubs/tax%20exempt%20and%20charitable%20organizations....

Also, you ignored the point about NASA's budget cuts.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2014 at 7:47pm by »  

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #114 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 4:26pm:

I'm with ya!

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
These are all in the name of science!

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ha! This argument

Nothing odd about it, you're looking at a general list of tax exempt "public services". For the purposes of categorizing them, science and religion fit under the same broad umbrella of "charitable organizations". However, there are some very significant differences in how they are treated in the real world.

Here's a source that gives you a better breakdown:

Religion:

1. To qualify as a religious organization, an organization must have (and practice) sincerely held religious beliefs.

Well, that's nice. Pretty subjective don't you think?

2. Churches do not have to apply for tax exemption (though some find it advantageous to do so), receive special protection from IRS audits, are presumed not to be private foundations, and generally receive special treatment under state law.

Scientific Research:

1. Research will be considered carried on in the public interest if: (1) research results (including any resulting patents, copyrights, processes, or formulae) are made available to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis;

Here we have an emphasis on results, which can make or break your funding. If you are having a hard time generating results, you have nothing to write down on your grant applications, and generally speaking, you get shut down. Why aren't churches subject to some kind of objective standard? Oh right, its religion we're talking about...

Source:

http://www.morganlewis.com/pubs/tax%20exempt%20and%20charitable%20organizations....

Also, you ignored the point about NASA's budget cuts.

Not sure how that went from tax-exempt status to grants and funds. Religious orgs get funding from their members. Grants and budgets imply that the funding is coming from where they are applying. I ignored NASA's budget cuts because religious orgs don't have a government provided budget. I agree that if religious institutions were to get government funding, which they shouldn't, that they should have to go through a more strict procedure.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2014 at 11:03pm by apep »  

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #117 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 11:02pm:
Not sure how that went from tax-exempt status to grants and funds. Religious orgs get funding from their members. Grants and budgets imply that the funding is coming from where they are applying. I ignored NASA's budget cuts because religious orgs don't have a government provided budget. I agree that if religious institutions were to get government funding, which they shouldn't, that they should have to go through a more strict procedure.

Didn't we just talk about this in teamspeak?

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Jul 13th, 2014 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Didn't we just talk about this in teamspeak?

Depends on how much liquor I've had today.

IP Logged

Takllin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 12:10am
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 11:27pm:
Depends on how much liquor I've had today.

Must be a lot then Wink you guys definitely did. Caused Zoda to move channels haha

Tokun Helf Fighter/Ranger/Monk Gragurn Dwarf Barbarian Tekllin WF Wizard Jadokis WF Favored Soul
Order of the Silver Dragons

IP Logged

Landona54
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 12:11am
Print Post  
First of all....why bring Cletus into this....that guy years ago was a far better player on Argo then u ......O I am the greatest player who has played the game for 6 months.  2nd this thread is a yawn....use the search on this site and see real Cetus drama 4+ years ago......such a poor attack makes me wish for Phreshphrute.....at least his Cetus rants were entertaining......and btw Die Cetusss....hopefully again at the hands of a bugbear in a failed attempt to become the Kobold's new ringleader.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Kiss ass much?

and for a yawn tread it blew up pretty quick, even a dummy could see that.

Landona, just another 16 year old trying to pretend he is a jaded old cynic who has seen it all..... fuckers on the vault all trying to pretend they are some 21st century expats in Indochina all so bored.. yawn.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #122 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 12:30am
Print Post  
All I'm getting from this is that THF is to SWF as science is to religion.

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #123 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Hey lando

Join the fun!

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Jul 14th, 2014 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jul 13th, 2014 at 8:15pm:

Orangutans have been known to rape human females. One at a zoo I know liked to jerk off to blonds. It was pretty funny to hear them scream when he did it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Send TopicPrint