A genuine internet diploma "scientist"    
  21 (10.0%)
Really stupid liar    
  17 (8.1%)
A THF whore frightened by anything catching up    
  39 (18.7%)
A sad Teen who wanks to a Bladeforge screen saver    
  22 (10.5%)
So full of his importance on the M.B.s he feels the need to punish all of us with his fake "data"    
  15 (7.2%)
A cunt.    
  20 (9.6%)
A idiot who keeps changing his story to answer every post    
  22 (10.5%)
A pathetic tool who is desperate to get views on youtube    
  23 (11.0%)

Total votes: 209
« Last Modified by: on: Jul 16th, 2014 at 4:21pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is Cletus a bad liar or a really stupid scientist? (Read 45710 times)
Cetus
Ex Member

Re: Is Cletus a bad liar or a really stupid scientist?
Reply #25 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Definitely a THF whore!

Thanks for the attention, My fans are the bestest!

This is adorable, I'm blushing.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #26 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Now you went from intentionally obtuse to being a dumb shit again.

We have gone full circle.  Why do I keep giving you credit that you will learn and stop?

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 11:49am:

We have gone full circle.  Why do I keep giving you credit that you will learn and stop?

Stop what?

Amusing myself at how vomit bags think they can hurt me with their completely uninformed remarks?

Here's the reality:

I've received a degree in biochemistry from Stony Brook University in New York. During this time, I rotated in an HIV transcription laboratory where I studied GP120 for about a year at SUNY Downstate. After that, I became an independent investigator under the wing of a distinguished professor working on induction of cell death in transformed cells. I've worked on that for 4 years, with a peer reviewed publication on which I'm a second author - this was, and still is, a laboratory on Stony Brook campus.

After doing that graduate level work for several years, I now gained admission into medical school starting in August.

My scientific credentials are quite sound, but you'll just continue babbling about how I'm a shit whateVer/liar/WHAAA because I posted crude comparisons of two combat styles in a video game. They're sufficient to tentatively draw the conclusion that THF is underpowered.

Now here's the kicker: If you think otherwise, then you NEED to post your own demonstrations that support your position. Otherwise, simply saying "BAD DATA!" makes you look like a fool.

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:05pm by »  

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #28 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Donuts!  Bitches!

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
i love it when yobai and barcelot bump my donuts!

Shocked

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 10:24am:
Does that mean that donuts insult Cetus?

Yes.

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:15pm
Print Post  

Shadehater's selfie!

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:16pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Shadehater's selfie!

So, you took the dick? Cool

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:27pm:
So, you took the dick? Cool

With your asshole  Tongue
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:29pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
With your asshole  Tongue

You like the 3 way sausage pie

Edit. Also, that tongue = totally a creeper
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:30pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #35 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Donuts!

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:29pm:
You like the 3 way sausage pie

Edit. Also, that tongue = totally a creeper

lol

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #37 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Who the fuck posts polls without a donut option?

The End of the Vault is nigh!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Takllin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Hahahaha the amount of butthurt and nerd rage is hilarious.

No donuts, no vote.

Tokun Helf Fighter/Ranger/Monk Gragurn Dwarf Barbarian Tekllin WF Wizard Jadokis WF Favored Soul
Order of the Silver Dragons

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #39 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Here's the reality:

I've received a degree in biochemistry from Stony Brook University in New York. During this time, I rotated in an HIV transcription laboratory where I studied GP120 for about a year at SUNY Downstate. After that, I became an independent investigator under the wing of a distinguished professor working on induction of cell death in transformed cells. I've worked on that for 4 years, with a peer reviewed publication on which I'm a second author - this was, and still is, a laboratory on Stony Brook campus.

After doing that graduate level work for several years, I now gained admission into medical school starting in August.

My scientific credentials are quite sound, but you'll just continue babbling about how I'm a shit whateVer/liar/WHAAA because I posted crude comparisons of two combat styles in a video game. They're sufficient to tentatively draw the conclusion that THF is underpowered.

The fact that you think your 'credentials' regardless of their actual fact make your videos in any way data...and the fact that the data even shows that THF hardly underpowered by the very videos you have shown...which can be accurately stated by looking at the variables and the relative calculations that have been pointed out to you....
All of this because you think whatever credentials you have might matter in regards to this.  That is the laughable part.

TL;DR since you are bad at reading.  Being a scientist or not doesn't matter.  Your shit isn't reproducible data and is both useless and does not actually and accurately portray the point you keep trying to make.
Quote:
Now here's the kicker: If you think otherwise, then you NEED to post your own demonstrations that support your position. Otherwise, simply saying "BAD DATA!" makes you look like a fool.

No.  Pointing out flawed data does nto mean I have to waste my time to post other data which would be equally flawed.  See that's the part you are not getting.  Your videos are not good data.  No videos really can be in this regard there are far too many things to account for, based on builds, playstyles, the RNG...etc.

Us non fools understand this.  You do not.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:18pm by Shadehater »  

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #40 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Wow I just noticed you pulled a Mattyboy tactic.  replying TWICE to the same post and only using specious and ad hominem as your logic structure.

Thus ends the last shred of respect I had for you.

Why is this not surprising. 
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:15pm by Shadehater »  

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #41 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Damn son, that is a long trip just to get into medical school. So, you have medical school, residency and fellowship ahead of you before you get to have anything that pays like a real job. Right about that time, the US budget deficit will be growing out of control, and the government will clamp down on one of its biggest expenditures -- medical care.  Cool

As someone who has a lot of friends who are physicians (my now ex-wife is a hematologist at what U.S. News ranks as the third best cancer center in the country), I feel I should tell you that most of them say that they would have never chosen medicine as career if they had known what they were getting into.

When I met my ex, she was a resident and working 100 hours a week. We were married by the time she started her fellowship, and she still worked a 100 hours a week. She became a consultant and eventually a full professor at that same institution, and, you guessed it, she still worked a 100 hours a week.

Have fun with that! At least you won't have time to whine and bitch about your dumb ass melee toons anymore.  Cool

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:13pm:
  The fact that you think your 'credentials' regardless of their actual fact make your videos in any way data...and the fact that the data even shows that THF hardly underpowered by the very videos you have shown...which can be accurately stated by looking at the variables and the relative calculations that have been pointed out to you....
All of this because you think whatever credentials you have might matter in regards to this.  That is the laughable part.

TL;DR since you are bad at reading.  Being a scientist or not doesn't matter.  Your shit isn't reproducible data and is both useless and does not actually and accurately portray the point you keep trying to make.
No.  Pointing out flawed data does nto mean I have to waste my time to post other data which would be equally flawed.  See that's the part you are not getting.  Your videos are not good data.  No videos really can be in this regard there are far too many things to account for, based on builds, playstyles, the RNG...etc.

Us non fools understand this.  You do not.

Of course, you can reverse engineer any argument underneath the sun as to why you should be absolved of any responsibility to back up your assertions with any kind of testing.

The reality is this - there ARE differences in the damage output of those two styles in both single and several target contexts. According to you, the specifics of these differences are forever inaccessible to us. This is nonsense.

Of course there are many variables affecting the results here, I keep saying over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that these are crude measurements. However, as far as single target DPS goes - you don't even NEED to test it to know that it'll take a giant dump on THF since you know that the front number will be higher, it attacks faster, etc.

The AoE mobs have a bit more error in it because it depends on how many mobs, how much damage you take, etc - so I just decided to do a very mob heavy quest solo speed run - WGU - to just get a general sense of how effective SWF is against massive hordes of mobs. Nothing "unscientific" about this. Qualitative tests are just as scientific as quantitative, as long as you know what to do with them.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:32pm by »  

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:19pm:
Damn son, that is a long trip just to get into medical school. So, you have medical school, residency and fellowship ahead of you before you get to have anything that pays like a real job. Right about that time, the US budget deficit will be growing out of control, and the government will clamp down on one of its biggest expenditures -- medical care.  Cool

As someone who has a lot of friends who are physicians (my now ex-wife is a hematologist at what U.S. News ranks as the third best cancer center in the country), I feel I should tell you that most of them say that they would have never chosen medicine as career if they had known what they were getting into.

When I met my ex, she was a resident and working 100 hours a week. We were married by the time she started her fellowship, and she still worked a 100 hours a week. She became a consultant and eventually a full professor at that same institution, and, you guessed it, she still worked a 100 hours a week.

Have fun with that! At least you won't have time to whine and bitch about your dumb ass melee toons anymore.  Cool

Well, it was a rough decision because science was always my passion and expertise - so it was almost a no brainer to keep working toward my thesis for a PhD, especially with the extensive research experience I've already compiled - but I kinda sold out into the medical profession because research is a less lucrative path. As a pathologist in new york city, I can make about 350,000 a year (the more established ones get to low 4's) while not really having to deal with patients. With research, you constantly have to spin your grants in a way where you'll continue to receive funding, even if it means not totally reporting your true interest. I'd absolutely go into research if I had a rich mommy and daddy, but I don't. So, the compromise is to land a stable position as a specialized physician, and then I can do research as a hobby. Plenty of physicians do research on the side.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:39pm by »  

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:13pm:

Your shit isn't reproducible data .

lol - holy shit are you clueless.

Take my build split - gear it for SWF and beat down zeligat a few times. See what you get.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #45 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Of course there are differences.  You posted two videos and even though you use the one SWF weapon that had glancing blows to try and prove your point it only BARELY (2.2% relative speed) won out.  I have not bothered to count wasted time not swinging and all the other factors.

You keep stating that this small amount is at all proof.  It isn't  It is a single data point under your favorable conditions and it only barely trends your direction.

Why are you incapable of reading.

Your numbers even show it isn't a 'huge dump' on THF at all.  No one has even stated that SWF isn't better against single targets.

You don't seem capable of understanding the arguments are against your logic and methods, and conclusions.  What you say is sometimes correct, but you say it like an idiot, and its your blindness to the actual facts that make you keep tripping over your tongue.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #46 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
lol - holy shit are you clueless.

Take my build split - gear it for SWF and beat down zeligat a few times. See what you get.

I will get similar but not reproducible data.  We play differently.  Dumbass.  Everyone plays differently.  Also you want me to kill a single target again....alright.  *eyeroll*

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 1:44pm:
Of course there are differences.  You posted two videos and even though you use the one SWF weapon that had glancing blows to try and prove your point it only BARELY (2.2% relative speed) won out.  I have not bothered to count wasted time not swinging and all the other factors.

You keep stating that this small amount is at all proof.  It isn't  It is a single data point under your favorable conditions and it only barely trends your direction.

Why are you incapable of reading.

Your numbers even show it isn't a 'huge dump' on THF at all.  No one has even stated that SWF isn't better against single targets.

You don't seem capable of understanding the arguments are against your logic and methods, and conclusions.  What you say is sometimes correct, but you say it like an idiot, and its your blindness to the actual facts that make you keep tripping over your tongue.

You are so blinded by your ego/agenda/cetus-hate that you don't read the honest points I make.

Let me be absolutely clear here:

1. The 2.2% difference only shows that I can beat a very mob-heavy quest with a SWF just as fast as a THF. That's it - it merely shows that it is possibleConsidering the amount of time it takes to find fuckface in part 2, chase around the boss, etc - I'll guess that the 2.2% difference falls well within the error bars in this measurement (yes this is a guess, it isn't unscientific to make a guess - as long as you don't conflate it with fact) - so, for all intents and purposes of this particular data set - SWF is neither better nor worse than THF against mass mob contexts.

BUT - this is for a quest that is very mob heavy and was intentionally chosen to demonstrate AoE DPS (if you notice, I plant myself in very dangerous situations so that I can cleave).

2. Again, I agree that this is crude and that people play differently - but if each person posts a THF and a SWF entry, then only the relative difference emerges, playstyle should cancel out between the two entries for each person - since it is the same person playing in both videos. You can't reproduce my playstyle, but you can reproduce the comparison.

3. I never, ever, ever, ever said this is proof. Fucking read what I write. I constantly use hedging language, but you can't fucking see past your own irrationality to concede this.

4. What are "my favorable" conditions for SWF? If I want THF to be better, wouldn't it be to my advantage if it WAS better? Your logic makes no sense. If I tested THF vs. SWF and saw that THF was better, then yay for me - why would I ever intentionally skew anything? I'd only do myself the disservice.

Now, you're claiming I had favorable conditions. So, why don't you tell me specifically - what did I use to favor one but not the other that I haven't explicitly stated? I did a few videos where it wasn't exactly apples to apples, notably the giant where I forgot to get quick strike, or in other harpie videos where I forgot to keep my monk stances the same. These are all discrepancies that I pointed out myself - but I posted the videos nonetheless. Not ALL of the videos have these side notes. Watch all of the videos, and make up your mind based on the overall footage.

5. I know that nobody has stated that SWF isn't better against single targets. But, I wanted to know how much better it is, than to simply say "it's better". Understand the difference. I don't mind if SWF is better than THF by 5% against single targets if THF is better than SWF by 5% against AoE. I do mind if THF and SWF take out mass mobs about at the same rate, but SWF takes single targets down 10-15% faster.

My tentative position is this: SWF isn't notably worse than THF against AoE, but is SIGNIFICANTLY better than THF against single target.

This makes THF underpowered, and this is, I'll repeat, tentative. If you and others can independently test this as accurately as you can, then I'll gladly revise my position based on the DATA. After all, if you show that THF is in fact, not that far behind, this is a winning situation for me because THF is my preference. If you confirm my position, then its a winning situation anyway because then we have more of a reason to revise the combat styles. Either way, I'm good - I don't have a dog in this fight, either conclusion works for me.

Holy shit - did I actually give shadehater a real answer?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:

GFY...

I graduated from Joseph Fourier University in Grenoble with a DUT in Electrical Engineering and then was sent to Coventry ( Polytechnic ) for a supplementary year in Combined Engineering.
I've been working in a Swedish Telecom Equipment company ( there's not many, so the guess is obvious ) for 20 years ( and a few months ) now... I've worked on Public exchanged ( installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, support... Fixed and Mobile ( GSM ) ), MMS-C ( troubleshooting, support ) , Mobile positioning system ( commissioning, support ), Intelligent Network ( Number Portability, Mobile VPN, ... Installation, Commissioning and support ), OSS ( supervision... pre-sale, architecture, installation, commissioning, support , troubleshooting ), and now I'm working on IP routers ( as in Backbone monsters installed by the operators, not the puny box you have at home... we call that a CPE ( Customer Premise Equipment ) and we don't care if it works or not )... I'm THE company expert on several protocols. ( meaning that if a problem occurs with one of these protocols it will reach my desk and I will have do unfuck it ).
Oh, yes, I haven't written any paper, unless if you count the several lazies ( Sybase, Solaris, Disksuite, X.25, ... ) that gotten distributed internally ( and worldwide ) at work, but my name appears somewhere on a PnP sourcebook for a setting called Shadow World.

Oh and I'm not even talking about the Greenland Expedition I was a member of ( for Alpinism )

If you really want to measure e-peens you're in for a lot of ego bashing... everybody here has some background that makes it somewhat special, yours is not more special than mine.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Cetus
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 2:15pm:
everybody here has some background that makes it somewhat special, yours is not more special than mine.

Congratulations - except where did I say that my background was more special than yours? I only revealed mine in that post.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint