Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Clash of Clans (Read 1003 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Clash of Clans
Jul 12th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Don't lie. Who plays it?

I started about 2 weeks ago. It's just fun enough to keep me at it.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Clash of Clans
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
I started playing last year sometime.  When I remember (not all that often) I log in and spend gold / raid someone.  Just made it to level 42

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Ioun
Dragon Raider

Daddy don't hurt me.

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2014 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
My son told me about this game about a month or so back and when I was playing it, I managed to do pretty well with keeping track of the timers on upgrades and improvements.
But just recently it has lost my attention and I'm back to playing 0 games on my phone.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 4:06am
Print Post  
I started playing last month sometime.  Mainly because there was already a group of people here at work playing, and they wanted more people.  It's a reasonable short term time waster.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2014 at 11:35am
Print Post  
My kids play it.  They have a clan with other kids at school.  They set it up for me on my ipad.  My village is level 3, I think.  It's pitiful.  But it's fun to spend a little time with them and enjoy it. 

I like the RTS aspect of the raiding.  Controlling where you place your troops and when.  And when to cast healing or rage spells.  The building part is kinda farmville and yawn.  But needed to unlock the cool troops. 

Planning your village out for defense is kinda interesting too.  Finding the right locations and types of defenses.

But mostly I watch the kids play.  Their villages are way better than mine and it's more interesting.  I don't have much energy to invest the time to build mine up.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2014 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Haven't tried it.  My brother plays, but mostly does Samurai Siege, which I kill time with on occasion as well.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Darree
Waterworks Kobold

'Cause im cool like that.

Reply #6 - Jul 25th, 2014 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 12th, 2014 at 5:13pm:
Don't lie. Who plays it?

I started about 2 weeks ago. It's just fun enough to keep me at it.

Who told you about this game ? ;p

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Darree wrote on Jul 25th, 2014 at 6:28pm:
Who told you about this game ? ;p

Ha! A couple of guys at church were talking about it, and I gave it a try. But, I did remember that someone had told me about it before... I couldn't place it. Now it all makes sense. Tongue

My townhall is upgrading to 7 atm. It's a great poo game. I have to have some extra activity in there. Book. Game. Something.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #8 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 9:58am:
Ha! A couple of guys at church were talking about it, and I gave it a try. But, I did remember that someone had told me about it before... I couldn't place it. Now it all makes sense. Tongue

My townhall is upgrading to 7 atm. It's a great poo game. I have to have some extra activity in there. Book. Game. Something.

"I'll be out in a minute, honey, I'm grinding out a bigger castle."

"Okay dear, let me know if you need the plunger!"

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

froggy
Stormreaver Piker

LUDICROUS SPEED GO!!!!!!!

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
I started playing it 2 days ago, seems alright.
I dont like the lack of strategy though when raiding other people or looting from goblins :/ 
The only strategy I see so far is when you drop troops never drop them one at a time, or sacrifice 1 troop to set off the bomb traps

We kill the batman.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
froggy wrote on Jul 27th, 2014 at 2:57pm:
I started playing it 2 days ago, seems alright.
I dont like the lack of strategy though when raiding other people or looting from goblins :/ 
The only strategy I see so far is when you drop troops never drop them one at a time, or sacrifice 1 troop to set off the bomb traps

There is more strategy at higher levels.  You get troops that focus on defenses first, etc.  You get dragons that can fly over the walls and wall jumping hog riders.  You also get spells later.  Rage spells,  healing spells, etc. 

Depending on defense placement you might drop troops in many different spots at different times.  Some to set off traps, some to distract defenses from your high DPS troops.  Shit like that.  But once you drop them, they have a mind of their own.  That part is kinda annoying.

IP Logged

Ediot
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 19th, 2014 at 3:36am
Print Post  
is this mobile?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Aug 19th, 2014 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Ediot wrote on Aug 19th, 2014 at 3:36am:
is this mobile?

Yes.  Ipad, Iphone, Droid, etc.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #13 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 9:58am:

I spent a couple weeks lying in bed on ice packs last month.

While waiting for troops to build, I picked up(for the ipad)...
Faster than light, steve jackson's sorcery (1 and 2), and Joe Dever's Lone wolf.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #14 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Been thinking about playing this, looking for a filler game and there are some people playing this at work, but I can't play this on my phone, not going to pay for a data plan or a better phone because I don't care to use my phone to check out the web, I have access to a PC pretty much all the time anyway and don't want to pay for it.

Is there a good program that lets me play this on my PC?  I've done a search but I'd like to see if there are any particular programs to make this work on my PC that are good or should avoid.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #15 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:16pm
Print Post  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #16 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:16pm:

Yep I use this on my desktop sometimes.

In other news, I'm still playing this game on the regular.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #17 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:19pm:
In other news, I'm still playing this game on the regular.

same, TH 8, got 2 turrets left to max (for my TH) before upgrading my fences from pink - purple - black.

I rushed my barb king to level 5, kinda wish I spent time focusing on hogs, 1k DE shy of getting them to level 2.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:25pm by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #18 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
just finishing all my walls from pink -> purple to go to th8. everything else (except resource collectors and a couple barraks) are max for th 7. I rushed a bit getting to th7 so i'm waiting to be completely upgraded before going to th8

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #19 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:16pm:

It works but I'm getting a yellow circle near the top left corner of my screen.  I don't know why.  Goes away when I close blue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #20 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 8:24pm:
same, TH 8, got 2 turrets left to max (for my TH) before upgrading my fences from pink - purple - black.

I rushed my barb king to level 5, kinda wish I spent time focusing on hogs, 1k DE shy of getting them to level 2.

Not bad. I'm maxxed on th8 buildings. I only have dark troop upgrades, spell upgrades, and walls from purp to black. About 25% of my walls are black right now. Pekka is going to 3, barb king to 10, and that leaves one more level on hogs, 1-2 on Valks, and 1-2 on golemns.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #21 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
When I get attacked and stuff gets demolished, are the workers required to repair stuff or does everything take care of itself?

If I'm in the middle of upgrading, say town hall, and it gets demolished in the middle of the upgrade, does it loose any progress on the upgrade, does it pick up where it left off when it gets fixed, or does it really stop upgrading and doesn't need fixed before continuing?

Do you loose gold or pinkish purple stuff when your extractors/mine are destroyed or is it only stuff in the storage containers?

Can you direct your troops to attack specific targets or do you need to drop them within range and hope they lock on that first?  They do have favorite targets, I'd like my barbarians to not attack a building when a cannon is shooting at them and instead attack the cannons first but they like to hit the buildings, the giants do work over the cannons first, just with I could make everything attack what I want first.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #22 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
I also noticed something on the apps thing.

Kim Kardiashion video game.  What the fuck? 

Why are people so willing to play stupid shit like this.  No I haven't tried it but it has Kim Kardiashion in the title so it can't be fun, probably about as fun as that depression game that is free on Steam, haven't played that either but I'm not interested in being bummed out when I'm trying to be entertained.

I really got to get some programming languages and come up with my own stupid crap if people are willing to play these games, I'm sure I can make some money, not sure I'd want to associate my name with them though.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #23 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:59pm:
When I get attacked and stuff gets demolished, are the workers required to repair stuff or does everything take care of itself?

If I'm in the middle of upgrading, say town hall, and it gets demolished in the middle of the upgrade, does it loose any progress on the upgrade no

, does it pick up where it left off when it gets fixed, or does it really stop upgrading and doesn't need fixed before continuing? i don't think the destruction affects progress

Do you loose gold or pinkish purple stuff when your extractors/mine are destroyed or is it only stuff in the storage containers? you do lose stuff when mines are destroyed. But, you only lose stuff from those things that were destroyed.

Can you direct your troops to attack specific targets or do you need to drop them within range and hope they lock on that first?  second one

They do have favorite targets, I'd like my barbarians to not attack a building when a cannon is shooting at them and instead attack the cannons first but they like to hit the buildings, the giants do work over the cannons first, just with I could make everything attack what I want first.  part of the strategy is knowing when/where to use what.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #24 - Feb 25th, 2015 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:23pm:
I also noticed something on the apps thing.

Kim Kardiashion video game.  What the fuck? 

Why are people so willing to play stupid shit like this.  No I haven't tried it but it has Kim Kardiashion in the title so it can't be fun, probably about as fun as that depression game that is free on Steam, haven't played that either but I'm not interested in being bummed out when I'm trying to be entertained.

I really got to get some programming languages and come up with my own stupid crap if people are willing to play these games, I'm sure I can make some money, not sure I'd want to associate my name with them though.

pre-teen girls play this.  I have a daughter who wanted to play it because her friends were.  You are trying to become a model.  You shop, do social media, go on photo shoots, and try to date celebrities.  Seriously on that last one.  Who you are dating is part of your strategy for the game, which is measured by whether you are a D, C, B, or A list celeb.  I think you make money too and can spend it.

If I recall correctly.  It's been about 6-9 months since I talked to my daughter about it.  I did not let her install it and play it. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint