Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) xp stone & 2x end reward chain fixed. (Read 9046 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: xp stone & 2x end reward chain fixed.
Reply #25 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Grumlee wrote on Jul 18th, 2014 at 10:33am:
This has been going on for a LONG time now, just like the druid animal form exploit. They just aren't fixing it.

What is stopping the Druid fix is the complexity.
Turdbine can only manage ill considered bandaid solns.
I suspect the Druid one is simply too hard.

The 2x would be easy.  I can think of at least 3 ways they could fuck it up, errr I mean Turdbine fix it.

But only time will tell.
U22.2 belatedly saw a number of attempted fixes, exactly as I outlined above - stupid band-aid solns which show that they either (a) don't understand the problem; or (b) aren't capable enough to fix it properly.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #26 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Ra wrote on Jul 18th, 2014 at 9:31am:
I have learned that Turdbine does not read the Vault. It's questionable if it even reads the motherboards.

They actually do Ra.
MajMal is still reading.
His care factor might be very low right now, but it wouldn't take much effort to copy-paste the detailed exploit lists and send them to the DDO team to investigate.

I know it is hard for people to understand, especially when you are new, but the wikileaks mentality just sees good stuff fixed.
Most of the good information is shared via back channels and should stay that way.  Stick around, earn some trust, make some friends.   Wink
Sending random PM's pls is not the way.....   Undecided

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #27 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jul 18th, 2014 at 8:06pm:
MajMal is still reading.
His care factor might be very low right now, but it wouldn't take much effort to copy-paste the detailed exploit lists and send them to the DDO team to investigate.

Copy-paste is possibly the upper limit for MalPunk. Whether it's from not caring, or not comprehending ... well it might be both. Remember the whole "I was told that was encrypted" thing. He didn't fucking care enough to take a moment's glance to see if that was in fact true. And it might've been because he didn't think he'd understand what he was looking at if he did.

Anyway, he ain't compiling a list for himself. He'll ask for one if he ever wants it.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #28 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
its a shame all you new kids had to watch great things disappear before you finally recognized what i've been saying for ages

NOT sharing is caring

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #29 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
The problem is that with the trolling (which I myself have been known to be guilty of) new people do not know what the heck is going on and leads to whining and crying.  Those few kindhearted people post publicly so the new folks can partake and enjoy.  It make accelerate it getting fixed, but it also in theory may get some of the new folks/lurkers to contribute.. maybe... who knows or maybe I am just wearing rose colored glasses again.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #30 - Jul 18th, 2014 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
I hear you fr8o, it is a conundrum - we are a community and we want to help out.
But we also need to be a little pragmatic.

My only disagreement is with you ascribing publishing publicly with being kind-hearted.  People broadcast here for a number of reasons, not all of them are altruistic.....

If I can help people out in back channels, I try to.  I don't have all the answers as I don't play much anymore, but if I can help people find their way or contact someone who does, I do so.
Also, there is now plenty of recent information on how many of the past exploits work for those who are willing to do a little research/work.

When I started dabbling in exploits, I read so many vague and misleading threads, experimented and made some observations and asked others for guidance or advice politely.
Some people were very helpful and that helped me get started.  Some exploits aren't very conducive to testing like Otto's boxes - they're too expensive to bugger up.  It helps to have a network for these things.

I'm as time poor as the next person and it is nice to have it laid it out step by step and not have to spend 6 hours testing and trialling, but this takes away some of the achievement and often provides a clear roadmap for Turdbine to patch it.

Some exploits are only of temporary benefit - like duping, once you've got what you want, you move on.  But others are things you want to re-use over a long period, so having them published for someone's short term gain or daily ego trip, and subsequently closed is a PITA.

Anyway, that's my ten cents worth.  I know others vehemently disagree and that's fine too - they will continue to publish and there is nothing I can do about it.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2014 at 11:42pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #31 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 2:03am
Print Post  
And some like myself post scripts/ways to increase success of exploits because I want to help people who already know how to do it, do it better and I do not really have back channels to spread through heh.  New exploits I tend to keep a little closer to the chest.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #32 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 3:31am
Print Post  
fr8o wrote on Jul 19th, 2014 at 2:03am:
And some like myself post scripts/ways to increase success of exploits because I want to help people who already know how to do it, do it better and I do not really have back channels to spread through heh.  New exploits I tend to keep a little closer to the chest.

1 more post and you've made it to the Zooper Zecret place....
Grin

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #33 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 4:05am
Print Post  
I am responding yea I know 100 big woop, at least I did not just spam up a bunch of posts like a few people trying to get to 100 for the "super secret disappointment surprise" telling people that is horrid, the number of pure and total spam posts I saw while firefoot was trying to get to 100 was aggravating to say the least.  On a side note why are astral shards to expensive >_< as a non-vip gold rolls to get xp stones for this purpose SUCK!

IP Logged

KingLurker
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Why not just sell crap and get ur AD like that ? anyway...not the point.
Btw Gratz for ur 100th post... ^^
As double reward...any1 was not so lazy to test it also at DD? Does it apply there also? also some1 mentioned that it applies for completion...i assume..1 run = 2 completions like that?

I'll test myself later, but some1 spare me the trouble..plz ^^

IP Logged

bosuze
Waterworks Kobold

wat kyk jy

Reply #35 - Jul 19th, 2014 at 9:38am
Print Post  
GH heroic - don't bother Angry

so far, så bra

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint