Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Any repercussions? (Read 5832 times)
FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Re: Any repercussions?
Reply #25 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 8:10am
Print Post  
anotherlurker wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 7:32am:
  Even most children learn after touching something hot once or twice that they'll get burned. Band aides and banning haven't worked yet. I've noticed that some of the duping is able to happen because of lag. Fixing the lag would be a good place for them to start

lag has a lot to do with it but it is not the sole bandit, their database system is so archaic that when paired with the lag monster it allows us to do anything with it.
im only sayin this coz a part of me wants turbine to find out and fix their bloody lag even if it means i will have to work harder to get dupes working Tongue

IP Logged

Half Elf Creeper
Waterworks Kobold

Fer.nan.do thinks I'm
hawt

Reply #26 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
This is the New TurbineTM

You don't get banned for cheating, exploiting, or misusing the game.

Bans are only issued if you make Cordovan sad.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 8:10am:
their database system is so archaic that when paired with the lag monster it allows us to do anything with it.

When these hacks added to the original game, shared/tr/bags/barter boxes/ect they did such a bad job that they are now locked in with exploits. Maj attempted to fix these loopholes, but sadly, he found out it couldn't be fixed and fled with the rest. I cant really blame him.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #28 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 10:47am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 8:10am:
lag has a lot to do with it but it is not the sole bandit, their database system is so archaic that when paired with the lag monster it allows us to do anything with it.
im only sayin this coz a part of me wants turbine to find out and fix their bloody lag even if it means i will have to work harder to get dupes working

Exactly this! I'd gladly give up duping if they fixed lag, targeting, misfires, etc.

I'd even stop using working dupes if those thigs were fixed and by some miracle fixing them didn't also fix the dupe process.

But as long as Turdbin takes my money and pushes out this crap, it's game on, baby!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #29 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 10:51am
Print Post  
I would personally love if DDO would just take our stuff involved in failed operations (mid-dc), it would suck for the people who actually get dc'd at the same moment they drag something to the bank, but how fucking often does that happen anyways?

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #30 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 10:51am:
I would personally love if DDO would just take our stuff involved in failed operations (mid-dc), it would suck for the people who actually get dc'd at the same moment they drag something to the bank, but how fucking often does that happen anyways?

funny enough this is how i started duping back in the day before i quit the game, i accidentally stumbled into it when my cat pulled my ethernet cable Tongue

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #31 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 10:47am:
I'd even stop using working dupes if those thigs were fixed and by some miracle fixing them didn't also fix the dupe process.

Let's not get carried away. They'd also have to remove Single Window Fighting.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Scrabbit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 26th, 2014 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 7:38am:
If duping has been available for many years already, what makes you think turbine will suddenly be able to fix their underlying database? Don't be naïve.

Yeah I guess you got me there.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #33 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 8:39am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 10:51am:

Um, all the time. If you play on wireless on a laptop and somebody turns on a microwave, you DC.

One of my guild mates had been taking a break from DDO, came back and found EXTREME PREJUDICE had taken a bag (and he's never duped in his life, I don't even admit to him that I do, and I've never passed him duped stuff). That was months ago and he hasn't logged back in since.

That was one bag, once. Imagine how barren the game would be if they took the bag every time you DCed.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 11:28am:
Let's not get carried away. They'd also have to remove Single Window Fighting.

OK, you're right. It would take more than just fixing those 3 things to get me to stop now.

But seriously, if they really fixed things up, I would stop duping.

It's just that by now, they've accumulated a HUGE amount of "broken", and they keep heaping on more with every update. Duping provides most of the meager enjoyment I still eek out of this sad husk of a once great game.

And it's not that I'm played out, there are still plenty of adventure packs I don't own, and plenty of quests I haven't played in adventure packs I do own. I still love what the game was and would come back full bore if they fixed it up.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #34 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Half Elf Creeper wrote on Jul 26th, 2014 at 9:19am:
This is the New TurbineTM

You don't get banned for cheating, exploiting, or misusing the game.

Bans are only issued if you make Cordovan sad or hard.

Wonder who he faps to now that Rest and Viktor have gone....

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jul 27th, 2014 at 8:39am:
One of my guild mates had been taking a break from DDO, came back and found EXTREME PREJUDICE had taken a bag (and he's never duped in his life, I don't even admit to him that I do, and I've never passed him duped stuff). That was months ago and he hasn't logged back in since.

That was one bag, once. Imagine how barren the game would be if they took the bag every time you DCed.

When did this happen man? I'm curious as I have not seen any bans of late, except for reverse-nazi's friend on the white knight thread, and that is of questionable origin.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #36 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
When did this happen man? I'm curious as I have not seen any bans of late, except for reverse-nazi's friend on the white knight thread, and that is of questionable origin.

I don't know when it actually happened, he hadn't played since before ShadowFail, and I got him to log in this spring when he made the discovery. So probably EXTREEEME PRUJUDICE I?

It was certainly long enough ago that any associated ban had long since expired and any email notification had been purged.

We played a bit but he fumed through the whole session about how could they and he was going to complain to WB. But AFAIK he never did complain, he just let it drop. I tried to get him to come back for for the first Cove a few weeks later, but he wanted none of it.

I asked him about it again this past Friday (we play other games together), he said he just like "Oh, don't get me started on Turbine" and let it drop.

I haven't heard of anything lately either, though admittedly I haven't logged in much.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Thanks for that, so the only current one I know of is Reverse-nazi's friend, which falls into the I knew a guy who knew a guy realm.

My point being that there are a high number of exploiters on the vault, so if they were nailing some you would think that at least one or two vault members would have been banned.

hmmmm

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #38 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My point being that there are a high number of exploiters on the vault, so if they were nailing some you would think that at least one or two vault members would have been banned.

Perhaps. But there are also a great number of lurkers. We hear butthurt from time to time when one of them creates a 4-post log-in, but at least half of those are shit-stirrers from socks. I'd bet a good number of the lurkers who get banned either quit and feel no need to bitch, or remain lurkers, still feeling no need to bitch.

.... If bans are currently being handed out.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #39 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Or maybe Vault players are smarter than the average DDO player? I like that explanation too Grin

But yeah, I don't think the last round had the shock and awe effect they were looknig for, mabe it was more like spanking a porcupine (OK, son, this is going to hurt me more than it is you).

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jul 27th, 2014 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jul 27th, 2014 at 8:39pm:
Or maybe Vault players are smarter than the average DDO player? I like that explanation too Grin

But yeah, I don't think the last round had the shock and awe effect they were looknig for, mabe it was more like spanking a porcupine (OK, son, this is going to hurt me more than it is you).

You are probably right, and Revaulting is probably dead on suggesting that lurker and even non-lurkers may gotten bans, they just don't feel the need to squeal about it.

Oh well, was just curious.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #41 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Or maybe Vault players are smarter than the average DDO player?

Smiley Vaulties are a lot of things. Smarter is not one of them.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #42 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 6:06am
Print Post  

+1 love the analogy.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #43 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 6:06am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 1:01am:
Smiley Vaulties are a lot of things. Smarter is not one of them.

Harsh, but true.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 6:15am
Print Post  

Reminds me of that old quote: "Rape is virtually unknown among porcupines"

IP Logged

h1z2
Korthos Resident

Reply #45 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:29am
Print Post  
To anyone who is having logging back in DDO (loading character information screen): NetBalancer or whataver program is still blocking DDO. This happens quite a bit.. and you won't notice outside of DDO since only the DDO traffic is slowed down/delayed/stopped. And even if you haven't checked the box for your DDO traffic rule, sometimes it's still running/active.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #46 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Haha come on guys
Once an exploiter always an exploiter

That old adage about you are what you do when no one is looking, and all that

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #47 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jul 27th, 2014 at 7:30pm:
I don't know when it actually happened, he hadn't played since before ShadowFail, and I got him to log in this spring when he made the discovery. So probably EXTREEEME PRUJUDICE I?

It was certainly long enough ago that any associated ban had long since expired and any email notification had been purged.

We played a bit but he fumed through the whole session about how could they and he was going to complain to WB. But AFAIK he never did complain, he just let it drop. I tried to get him to come back for for the first Cove a few weeks later, but he wanted none of it.

I asked him about it again this past Friday (we play other games together), he said he just like "Oh, don't get me started on Turbine" and let it drop.

I haven't heard of anything lately either, though admittedly I haven't logged in much.

I applaud your efforts in trying to keep the player base from snowballing even more
But at some point, a losing battle is a losing battle

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #48 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 3:09pm:
I applaud your efforts in trying to keep the player base from snowballing even more
But at some point, a losing battle is a losing battle

Yeah, you're absolutely right, but I'm not doing it for Turbine, I'm doing it for me. I happen to really like the 3.5 rule set, and I've played D&D with this guy since the 1980s. He lives in the midwest now, and I live on the east coast. DDO is the closest we have to gaming like the old days, but I'm not going to play DDO just PUGing it. I'd rather play Neverwinter with my friends than DDO with strangers.

So I try to talk my guild mates into running the occasional DDO night, but if they say no I play whatever game the majority chooses. DDO hasn't won in a long time  Cry

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #49 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Reminds me of that old quote: "Rape is virtually unknown among porcupines"

LOL! And whales have 6' long tongues and can breath out of the backs of their heads, boy is the animal world crazy  Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint