Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Armor Up - Dev Diary #1 (Read 10629 times)
Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Re: Armor Up - Dev Diary #1
Reply #25 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
~ Fury of the Wild also gains damage from its innate abilities. Adrenaline, Brawn, Adrenaline II, Brawn II, Adrenaline III, and Adrenaline Overload will each provide a passive and cumulative 10 Melee Power. This means Fury of the Wild will gain 90 Melee Power from levels and 60 from innate abilities to keep it competitive.

Well fuck me, guess no more alts for me until I finish martial and primal pl.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #26 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Melee power, ffs, bloody idiots think this is good idea.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
I dont even care anymore. Let them do what ever the fuk they want to do. And then Jalont can jump in and say stupid shit like :

Quote:
You don't find it funny that you're attempting to give the developers of some of the longest running MMOs in history design advice about how to increase longevity? Perhaps you should take a step back and reevaluate what you think you know about MMO design and business in general.

Followed up with :
Quote:
It's not meant to be free. It's meant to bring Turbine money. Yet people are still able to get them for free. It's ridiculous to complain that they aren't "free enough".

That's just from today. With cock addicted smokers like him still around, Turbine can continue to perform as shitty as ever and feel good on the forums for it.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #28 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Melee Power does not affect ranged damage. Master's Blitz specifies melee damage in its current description on live.

I will have to test if it works with ranged on live and if so discuss it with the team.

Sev~

Roll Eyes

Answers my question if devs are playing the game.
At least for sev.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:32pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
DEVS DO NOT PLAY THE FUCKING GAME

If they did:

All motherfucking sticky laddres would be goddamn fixed.

A goddamn 70 Stun would actually stun ANYTHING in EE too.

The goddamn loot drop-rates would NOT be beyond ridiculous because since they actually HAVE to work they would be interested in pulling some loot at least ONCE in a goddamn while.

And now you know why I don't fucking post on official forums.... Tongue

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
hmmm looks like I will be having to dust off my Shadow Guardian heavy wearing sorc plans pretty soon.. Bah!

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Let's also add that aside from these changes likely being the worst idea they can come up with, They are essentially fucking up Monks Again.
Essentially making any monk pretty-much unable to get anything worth while from being centered and not wearing a heavy armor or shield.
Not like they have it decent now anyway...

Although pure barb might actually become somewhat worthwhile playing instead of just taking it to 28 to Etr and TR out of it forever...

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #32 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
I used to post on forum, but I got banned by pro player cordovan. Cheesy

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #33 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
This is worst idea they ever came up with.
They want every class to have same % of defence against magic/melee attacks.
Why not just delete all classes but 1 and be done with it.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #34 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
"Melee power"?  oh you mean STRENGTH? 

Jesus baby Jesus on a cum covered cracker!

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #35 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Honestly it's not that bad. You're all bitching like it's the end of the bloody damn world. Piss off you lot of rotten archers, shiradi casters, monk builds, etc. Welcome to age of glorious melees. If anything you should all be jumping down Cetus' fucking throat for the shitty little 'buff' to THF Sev proposed with the melee power system.

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
^ go roll a con based dwarf n shut up Tongue

no seriously, it's not necessarily strength based, Which is something that they aren't even fucking considering, and I BET that str will be the offset for melee power ranks, WHICH will be of course made into an ability because fuck, why not that way they can sell tomes. (spell power and heal like).

I called it a while back. You just watch. Next up is +1 to +5 STUN/Trip/Sunder tomes!

sadness...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:58pm:
Piss off you lot of rotten archers, shiradi casters, monk builds,

You are gimp as all fuck. Now everyone gets to be just as gimp as you.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #38 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:04pm:
You are gimp as all fuck. Now everyone gets to be just as gimp as you.

Hardly gimp. If anything you should be happy, now you might actually be able to create a competent character that doesn't spam magic missiles all day.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Honestly it's not that bad. You're all bitching like it's the end of the bloody damn world. Piss off you lot of rotten archers, shiradi casters, monk builds, etc. Welcome to age of glorious melees. If anything you should all be jumping down Cetus' fucking throat for the shitty little 'buff' to THF Sev proposed with the melee power system.

Well its nice to know Cletus (inbred) didn't toss all those turbine salads for nothing. I just wish he had posted those videos instead of his Bullshit "proof vids", where he fucking tanked for effect.  Seeing him nose deep in the Devs would really provide some excellent context for this bullshit.

But whatever, most of us will continue to enjoy many different toons and fighting styles while Cletus strokes his precious THF "prominence" now that the Devs have thrown him the bone. 

Maybe now he will shut the fuck up and stop posting his slanted vids and telling us how clever of a scientist his is... just about any price would be worth that prize.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #40 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
FUCK!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 28th, 2014 at 10:06pm:
Hardly gimp. If anything you should be happy, now you might actually be able to create a competent character that doesn't spam magic missiles all day.

No. Youre as gimp as they come. I can detect the gimp off you. It's stronk. Youre like Apprentice force level of gimp

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #42 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 12:13am
Print Post  
I like the concept of having being able to scale the damage potential of abilities, I'm not sure that this system is going to pan as they intend, but on the face of things their intentions are partially right.

Changes that need to be made:
Some old items need to have melee power / ranged power added.
Perhaps melee power should add to the effectiveness of tactical feats.

Most abilities in this game that deal static damage are left to rot in high levels whilst abilities that provide scaling effects based on our stats / crit profiles are the only things worth while taking.  Hopefully this will start to balance that out.

As for the armor changes, given that not all saves are reflex saves, the cap on light and robes is too low imo. Especially since we all know that eventually mob inflation will take these resistances into account.

I think these systems have potential, but I doubt the development teams ability to execute them successfully.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #43 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 1:45am
Print Post  
The changes make me happy I trd my monkcher.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #44 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 1:58am
Print Post  
I'd worry about anything that allows them to balance the game, if I believed they'd land anywhere near their target. The only things that makes this game playable are the unbalanced features. No feat, ability, item, tactic, or skill that is balanced contributes to gameplay.

Given that I absolutely unequivocally believe they will fail at balancing, and fail hard, that leaves silly things to talk about, such as armor not mitigating force magic: the single most sensible type of damage for armor to mitigate.

Quote:
It will not reduce force
-Sev

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #45 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:02am
Print Post  

No Im enjoying his crybaby rants about it without bitching at him directly just by reading Happy

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Folks last time the obnoxious fappers who code our game said they needed to re-balance things they fucked EVERYONE over and every server lost well over 200 active (every day) players...
There I said it.

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Most of my thoughts have been said already, but in response to those who say that this would make monks/evasion useless:

Keep in mind, MRR just reduces a portion of the damage. 30 MRR from heavy armor would translate to taking 76.9% damage off of a spell. Evasion with successful reflex would take 0%, and improved evasion would allow 50% if reflex based. So definitely not useless still.

But definitely agree about other types of saves coming into play.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #48 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:15am
Print Post  
khyberkajiit wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:07am:
Folks last time the obnoxious fappers who code our game said they needed to re-balance things they fucked EVERYONE over and every server lost well over 200 active (every day) players...
There I said it.

This would be a problem if the majority of the remaining regular players weren't addicts who will remain until the servers are closed.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #49 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:21am
Print Post  
The last time they major fucked things and people left...it was cause they lost crybabies and people who could not adapt.

There is nothing to adapt to here.  Evasion stuff is not getting worse.

Heavy armor is more viable.   Its just 6 of one and half dozen of another.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint