Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Armor Up - Dev Diary #2 (Read 7135 times)
barcelot
Ex Member

Re: Hahaha! Silverleafeon
Reply #25 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 8:54pm:
Silverleafeon just posted this in the discussion:

"Carry on, this is your moment to shine, and your time to be heard, not mine."

What a smug, self-important, masturbatory, piece of shit.

I swear to god that idiot gets me closer to a ban on the mother boards than any of the other idiots, and the competition is steep. God, I just want to smack him across his frail little face.

Agreed.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Re: Armor Up - Dev Diary #2
Reply #26 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 8:54pm:
They really aren't, granted melee power isn't exactly standard 3.5, you need to look at DDO like a homebrew campaign where the DM is a bit special and is attempting to throw everyone a bone at a time without upsetting each flavor of the month snow-flake build.

The issue is simple; melee power is a decent concept. It could work, the problem is they most likely won't make it work. Everyone on the mother forums is bitching about how it will nerf Blitz, it won't. You have to have an Int score of about -4 and a reading comprehension skill of -10 to think it will absolutely destroy Blitz. All they are attempting to do is make the other destinies viable and worth running in, and frankly I don't blame them.

TL;DR - For fucks sake, stop crying like bitches. I want to be a Wood Woad that hits for a good 100,000 damage on a crit you selfish pricks.  Cheesy

I have a problem with someone doing balancing when that person doesnt even know blitz works on ranged.
So chances of them doing all the proposed changes right are close to getting sos shard.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2014 at 9:21pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #27 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Eh, I don't necessarily agree that Blitz should work with ranged (although you do have to technically sacrifice a bit to get atleast cleave to build the 50 tick) and neither should Unbridled Fury in my humble opinion. But if they want to equalize Legendary Dreadnaught, I think they should atleast stick a bit of ranged power in the tree. Not as much as the melee power perhaps.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #28 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 10:12pm:
Eh, I don't necessarily agree that Blitz should work with ranged (although you do have to technically sacrifice a bit to get atleast cleave to build the 50 tick) and neither should Unbridled Fury in my humble opinion. But if they want to equalize Legendary Dreadnaught, I think they should atleast stick a bit of ranged power in the tree. Not as much as the melee power perhaps.

cool story bro.

how about, why?

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #29 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Cool rebuttal bro, how about the descriptions state they are both melee designed and the Dev's have stated both shouldn't work they way they do?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 10:32pm:
cool story bro.

how about, why?

Cheesy hahaha

Yess! Got you baited here.

So, why are wolves cheese if ranged builds clearly cheese in Fury or Blitz?
Grin

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #31 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
If everything worked as per the descriptions DDO would be an entirely different game.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #32 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:16pm:
If everything worked as per the descriptions DDO would be an entirely different game.

You shut your whore mouth Mo. Go back to not playing the game or contributing. Angry

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #33 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Fury should absolutely work with ranged, it should not apply to 4 arrows per manyshot / 10k stars volley.  Fix that and you'll largely balance the ability.

LD is a bit more difficult with the duration of the buff, to which I'll state what I've always stated, Blitz is broken, always has been and should never have been allowed to make it to live.

Id propose making Blitz an ability that happens to share an activation timer with manyshot /10k stars / endless fusilade.

At the same time this is done it should also be made to work with unarmed, and monster hp should be dropped around the board.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:23pm by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #34 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:20pm:
Go back to not playing the game or contributing.

I haven't stopped contributing Sad

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #35 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:22pm:
Fury should absolutely work with ranged, it should not apply to 4 arrows per manyshot / 10k stars volley.  Fix that and you'll largely balance the ability.

LD is a bit more difficult with the duration of the buff, to which I'll state what I've always stated, Blitz is broken, always has been and should never have been allowed to make it to live.

Id propose making Blitz an ability that happens to share an activation timer with manyshot /10k stars / endless fusilade.

At the same time this is done it should also be made to work with unarmed, and monster hp should be dropped around the board.

Make it all the stuff in LD work with unarmed/animal form and I'll consider it a compromise. Cheesy

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 11:38pm:
Make it all the stuff in LD work with unarmed/animal form and I'll consider it a compromise.

Pfft Fuck no. 2 cleaves is meh. If maybe also Pulverize then yeah.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #37 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Flav for the love of God can you explain to Severlin that Shield Mastery / Improved Shield Mastery / Legendary Shield Mastery is legit for buckler using SWF Swashbucklers to take using Skirmisher before the idiots on the forums drown out basic logic?

Fuck me but trying to make Shield Mastery and SWF / THF feats exclusive is a terrible idea, not just for the shitstorm it will generate with all the players who have just respecced into Swashbucklers.

Anyone know if it works and is supposed to work with orbs too? If so ditto for Arcane Marauder...

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 6:19am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jul 31st, 2014 at 5:49am:
Anyone know if it works and is supposed to work with orbs too?

I know it works. Shat's Wolf build uses Orb with SWF and 2WF

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #39 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jul 31st, 2014 at 5:49am:
Flav for the love of God can you explain to Severlin that Shield Mastery / Improved Shield Mastery / Legendary Shield Mastery is legit for buckler using SWF Swashbucklers to take using Skirmisher before the idiots on the forums drown out basic logic?

Fuck me but trying to make Shield Mastery and SWF / THF feats exclusive is a terrible idea, not just for the shitstorm it will generate with all the players who have just respecced into Swashbucklers.

Anyone know if it works and is supposed to work with orbs too? If so ditto for Arcane Marauder...

I think it has already been told...
But I don't think he will hear it until he gets drowned under forum logic.
( ok, honestly, compared to where we were 8 month ago, the do listen to the PC suggestion... It's just that the listening is still selective... while 8 month ago it was just falling in deaf ears )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #40 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 9:35am
Print Post  
So we have a stubborn dev, fuck yea, that cant go wrong.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Blitz is probably the most powerful tier 6 however it isn't OP as it requires skill to utilize it properly. Although some builds do have it easier then others when it comes to getting the initial few stacks and keeping them.

In a competitive group without any one being carried and everyone monitoring the kill count during quest you need to either plan ahead for the right moment to push the button or have the survivability to break off group and get your first few kills.

Blitz isn't the problem, people whining about it are the problem. I have three toons that are 100% of the time in LD, I don't ever ask people to let me get kills as to not limit their play style. The only time I used to was in ee citw when it came out and was actually hard.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #42 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
By skill you mean other players not being complete dipshits.

THe shield mastery feats working with swash dont bother me.  That they work with ORBS seems to be the issue in my opinion.

IP Logged

Edrein
Shroud Slacker

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #43 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
An orb is technically a shield via the coding and mechanics. I used to run an orb and shield mastery build, hell even Improved Bash. It's hilarious to do a full force damage shield bash.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #44 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 3:10am
Print Post  
Meh.

Melee power makes as spellpower or it's predecessor.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #45 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 3:31am
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jul 31st, 2014 at 1:24pm:
An orb is technically a shield via the coding and mechanics. I used to run an orb and shield mastery build, hell even Improved Bash. It's hilarious to do a full force damage shield bash.

Actually no it was meant to be its own thing.  I recall the discussions.  The fact they would fuck it up should have been anticipated though

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint