Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Armor Up - Dev Diary #3 (Read 13601 times)
Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Armor Up - Dev Diary #3
Reply #25 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:55am:
Okay, so it has a point to be there.

But why the fuck would there be a cap on how much it can scale. They are getting 150 Melee power just for being capped, another 30 for their action boost. That means that they just need an item with 20 Melee Power to reach the cap for that ability.

Nah, not even, just have to smite while boosted

41 AP, class level 20: Champion of Good: You gain +4 Charisma and 10 Melee Power
Empowered Smite: Your Smite Evil and Exalted Smite abilities now grant a buff that increases Melee Power by 10 for 10 seconds.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Turbine: fucking genius.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #27 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:20am
Print Post  
I think for divine light it means you get 200% or 2x your melee power for the damage not that it is capped out aat 200% melee power (capping it out is retarded)

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:27am
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:20am:
I think for divine light it means you get 200% or 2x your melee power for the damage not that it is capped out aat 200% melee power (capping it out is retarded)

Interesting point of view.

150 MP would actually be 300 MP, moving it from 18d6 to 72d6?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 11:14am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 6:39am:
I hate Barcelot's asshattery as much as everyone else, but he was right this time.

Calling me Fire Foot is the worst insult I have received to date on the vault.

Worst insult on the vault? Woohoo! I was the best at something!

Flav wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:42am:
Yeah, it was early in the morning and I hadn't drunk my half liter morning coffee yet.

Plus, I was wrong while doing it!

x2 Combo!

*troll level up*

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #30 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:27am:
Interesting point of view.

150 MP would actually be 300 MP, moving it from 18d6 to 72d6?

That is how I read it.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #31 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Asking some people I know on the PC seems to indicate that is what was meant.  Do I trust their word? Sort of.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:44pm:
Asking some people I know on the PC seems to indicate that is what was meant.  Do I trust their word? Sort of.

You mean kierg's one? That so it would be nice.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #33 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
It would be really really nice.

Me thinks a build idea 15 pal 4 rogue 1 fvs that I was toying around with before these changes were announced would be sweet.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #34 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Well originally it was 1 fighter but not sure that extra feat would be necessary without oc feat prereqs

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #35 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
I want Zeal, CSW and Holy Sword now. Fucking Paladins, only 2 lvl 4 spell slots.
What would 1 fvs give you ?

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #36 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Free Handjobs.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:50am:
You were bound to be right about something eventually at the rate that you spout ascii diarhea.

5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 6:39am:
I hate

Barcelot's asshattery as much as everyone else

Shuy wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:58am:
barcelot is an asshole

Revaulting wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:46am:
Take a sec. Go back, reread. Full comprehension may arrive.

Alternately, fuck that shit. Somebody out there on the internet is wrong, and you've got a job to do!

lot of love in here.   Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:20pm by »  

IP Logged

Ultra
Big Derp Forum Star

DERP!!

Reply #38 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Think of it this way, with regards to divine light:

0 MP = 100% damage, thus the standard 18d6
100 MP = 200% damage, from the formula (100 + MP)/100 that was stated in the diary.
HOWEVER, because divine light will scale at 200% MP, the 100 MP becomes (essentially for all intents and purposes for this ability) 200 MP.  In turn the formula is (100 + 200)/100 or 300% damage which translates into 54d6, which is an average of 189 damage with a deviation of approximately 33.61 damage.

There, I did math for all you internet folk.

ENJOY!
Cheesy

Orien based player... They might know me

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #39 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
lot of love in here.

We hate repetition. Especially when it isn't needed. We don't mention it every post, but nobody's memory is *that* short. Yes, we all still remember Ollie lied. We care less now, ironically because of your incessant posts about it.

For what it's worth, I do recognize you were right on Flav's mistake, and I was wrong. Still, my reaction was at least half-fueled by the amount of yes-we-all-still-remember-Ollie-lied you've posted. Which isn't fair, because passive-aggressive is lame.

So: shut the fuck up about Ollie already, and we're cool.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Ultra wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:37pm:
There, I did math for all you internet folk.

Math! You must be a witch. Burn the witch! DIAF.

IP Logged

Ultra
Big Derp Forum Star

DERP!!

Reply #41 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:46pm:
Math! You must be a witch. Burn the witch! DIAF.

Wait... you're saying I can do magic, AND I get to be warm when I die??

BEST. DAY. EVER.

#ForeverTheOptimist
Grin

Orien based player... They might know me

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #42 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Ultra wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:59pm:
Wait... you're saying I can do magic, AND I get to be warm when I die??

BEST. DAY. EVER.

#ForeverTheOptimist

Everyone is a winner  Smiley

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 7:45pm:
We hate repetition. Especially when it isn't needed. We don't mention it every post, but nobody's memory is *that* short. Yes, we all still remember Ollie lied. We care less now, ironically because of your incessant posts about it.

For what it's worth, I do recognize you were right on Flav's mistake, and I was wrong. Still, my reaction was at least half-fueled by the amount of yes-we-all-still-remember-Ollie-lied you've posted. Which isn't fair, because passive-aggressive is lame.

So: shut the fuck up about Ollie already, and we're cool.

I was making a joke about it, correction, attempting to make a joke, unsuccessfully it seems, I just changed the emoticon and I think that helps, fucking emoticons.

It's too bad you don't like repetition, because if Ollie acts like a jackass again I will most likely feel compelled to point it out and slap him down. And considering he appears to be a endless loop of lying, claiming and self administered drama, so I would expect some more repetition.  Shaming seems to be the only way to turn off his bullshit machine even if just a few days, but even a just a few days without him is well worth the effort. I hardly can credit that my "incessant posts" make you or anyone care more or less about it, saying so is disingenuous at best.

Feel free to continue to be passive or even aggressive aggressive, no skin off my nose.  I was pretty sure why you posted the way you did, and that you were butt sore about my stance on Ollie, your not the only one, But I don't let those type of agendas and factional ambushes influence my responses too much, for example I would suggest that you take a look at how I dealt with the misunderstanding in this thread. You might say I was restrained.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:20pm by »  

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:42am:
Yeah, it was early in the morning and I hadn't drunk my half liter morning coffee yet.  Roll Eyes Embarrassed

But anyway, Barb will come... it's just a matter of time.

NP just pointing out, as you can see it lead to some misunderstanding down the thread, I can't think without java myself or a cold redbull.

Barb should be interesting for sure, especially in light of the power creep that is evident in the latest content (which I love).  Makes me shiver to guess what type of capstones they will throw out considering how hefty the lastest ones have been, especially in attribute buffs.

IP Logged

DropBear

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #45 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I was making a joke about it, correction, attempting to make a joke, unsuccessfully it seems, I just changed the emoticon and I think that helps, fucking emoticons.

It's too bad you don't like repetition, because if Ollie acts like a jackass again I will most likely feel compelled to point it out and slap him down. And considering he appears to be a endless loop of lying, claiming and self administered drama, so I would expect some more repetition.  Shaming seems to be the only way to turn off his bullshit machine even if just a few days, but even a just a few days without him is well worth the effort. I hardly can credit that my "incessant posts" make you or anyone care more or less about it, saying so is disingenuous at best.

Feel free to continue to be passive or even aggressive aggressive, no skin off my nose.  I was pretty sure why you posted the way you did, and that you were butt sore about my stance on Ollie, your not the only one, But I don't let those type of agendas and factional ambushes influence my responses too much, for example I would suggest that you take a look at how I dealt with the misunderstanding in this thread. You might say I was restrained.

Now you're just showing us your soft marshmallowy core.
Grin

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #46 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Feel free to continue to be passive or even aggressive aggressive, no skin off my nose.  I was pretty sure why you posted the way you did, and that you were butt sore about my stance on Ollie

Buttsore on your whining about Ollie, yes. Get your dick out of my butt already.

Buttsore over your stance on Ollie, no. Don't trust Ollie. That makes sense to me. He's shown multiple times in multiple ways that it's a crap shoot whether what he posts is the truth. If you want to deal with that by assuming everything he posts is a lie, I won't argue with that. It makes more sense than Ollie does. But when Ollie does post something that is true, and I back it up, or someone else backs it up, don't be the fucking dick who assumes it's because we respect Ollie. IDGAF about Ollie.

You can check any of my posts; I don't back up something unless I've personally tested it. If what I've tested happens to agree with what Ollie has said, I'll fucking say so. Likewise, if it does not. Stop confusing your hate boner for Ollie with my ass. That's what I'm buttsore about.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:26pm:
Buttsore on your whining about Ollie, yes. Get your dick out of my butt already.

Buttsore over your stance on Ollie, no. Don't trust Ollie. That makes sense to me. He's shown multiple times in multiple ways that it's a crap shoot whether what he posts is the truth. If you want to deal with that by assuming everything he posts is a lie, I won't argue with that. It makes more sense than Ollie does. But when Ollie does post something that is true, and I back it up, or someone else backs it up, don't be the fucking dick who assumes it's because we respect Ollie. IDGAF about Ollie.

You can check any of my posts; I don't back up something unless I've personally tested it. If what I've tested happens to agree with what Ollie has said, I'll fucking say so. Likewise, if it does not. Stop confusing your hate boner for Ollie with my ass. That's what I'm buttsore about.

Dude this makes no sense in that it is superfluous, you are trying to insert (pun intended) yourself into the issues I have with Ollie and my choice of actions, telling me to stop, saying everyone already knows, how am undercutting myself,etc..  Now granted I took a moment to go all marchmellow as Dropbear so kindly pointed out, and was explaining my stance to a certain degree. But please don't mistake me,  I wasn't inviting you into some fucking dialog.

I've made myself pretty clear, but for clarity sake:  I don't care if you or anyone supports or doesn't support Ollie, if he acts like a jackass I will most likely slap him down if I see it, and have the time.

Outside of that, that you or others remember about Ollie, or think about my tactics don't and won't factor in, once again as example I direct you to review the exchanges earlier in this thread. 

« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 8:48pm by »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #48 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Am I confused again? I do that. I'll shut up now.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #49 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Go do hold for reinforcements you two.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint