Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) OC Changes (Read 10758 times)
Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Re: OC Changes
Reply #25 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
I was thinking about a 15pal/4arty/1ftr nightmare build today.  Swf/thf/glass cannon.  I have been too drugged up on pain meds to serious work it out though.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 3:38pm by Trollero »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #26 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Step 1 don't use nightmare.
step 2 you have 20% glances not THF trees
Step 3 why 4 arti?

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #27 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
I will try to remember but I was heavily medicated and still am to a degree.

15 Pal for holy sword and zeal.
Can't get Bard for swashbuckling so limited to nothing, orb, or rune arm off hand.
2 Arty for rune arm use.
Need feats so ftr is good.
4arty/1ftr gives 2 feats, +4 BS damage, haste boost, extra boost, and damage boost from BE.  More boosts from ftr if it stacks.  Other splits didn't seem as useful.
Defender was mentioned as being changed to work with heavy armor and no shield, but monk over ftr is an option.  Get evasion but won't be centered unless you change to Celestia.  Not enough feats for forms.  Lose boosts and rune arm.

Nightmare is best weapon for SWF/THF combo imo especially with Celestial Champion and Holy Sword giving more neg levels.  Slot in mabar augment.  With Zeal, Zeal of righteousness, CC, SWF, and 2 cleaves from kotc it should have great attack speed.  Melee power bonus in Crusader, strike down, divine might, double str mod, 13-20x3 crit.  Blessed Blades and consecration a bonus.

Like I said, too messed up to work it out or how good it would be.

Edit: feats would be
swfx3, power attack, imp crit, overwhelming crit, ewp bs, quicken, emp heal, blinding speed, 2 more
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:41pm by Trollero »  

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #28 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:42am:
If his paladin changes go live everone is simply going to go 14 Pally/whatever it doesn't matter

No worries the pissing and moaning about Holy sword on the mother forums will get this changed I would think.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:39pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #29 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 11:14am:
All but  bard / druid. The rest of melee / ranged builds should definately migrate to 14 pally as proposed atm.   Especially true for dagger, staff and throwing builds.

Rolling up a character with 14 levels of Paladin is precisely what came to mind for me when I read about the changes.

14 Paladin/6 Ranger, Fury of the Wild, SWF (for best adrenaline recharge with PSWF and big hits) heavy picks, Adrenalized Sniper/Slaying Manyshot in between Adrenalized Exalted Smites, play it in heavy armor and see how that whole thing works out.

Munkenmo wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 9:06am:
Not 100% sure it works as it should but, Shurikens use dex for their to hit mod, and I'd intend to have rogue levels, so Assasin core 2:

About to test to see if Rogues can get dex to damage for shurikens as well. Will post the results.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:59pm by FM »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #30 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:28pm:
I will try to remember but I was heavily medicated and still am to a degree.

15 Pal for holy sword and zeal.
Can't get Bard for swashbuckling so limited to nothing, orb, or rune arm off hand.
2 Arty for rune arm use.
Need feats so ftr is good.
4arty/1ftr gives 2 feats, +4 BS damage, haste boost, extra boost, and damage boost from BE.  More boosts from ftr if it stacks.  Other splits didn't seem as useful.
Defender was mentioned as being changed to work with heavy armor and no shield, but monk over ftr is an option.  Get evasion but won't be centered unless you change to Celestia.  Not enough feats for forms.  Lose boosts and rune arm.

Nightmare is best weapon for SWF/THF combo imo especially with Celestial Champion and Holy Sword giving more neg levels.  Slot in mabar augment.  With Zeal, Zeal of righteousness, CC, SWF, and 2 cleaves from kotc it should have great attack speed.  Melee power bonus in Crusader, strike down, divine might, double str mod, 13-20x3 crit.  Blessed Blades and consecration a bonus.

Like I said, too messed up to work it out or how good it would be.

Edit: feats would be
swfx3, power attack, imp crit, overwhelming crit, ewp bs, quicken, emp heal, blinding speed, 2 more

I am intrigued enough to at least test in on lam Happy

Silky wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 4:38pm:
No worries the pissing and moaning about Holy sword on the mother forums will get this changed I would think.

He is one of them leading the charge over there  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #31 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 9:06am:
Not 100% sure it works as it should but, Shurikens use dex for their to hit mod, and I'd intend to have rogue levels, so Assasin core 2:

Tested it just now. Unfortunately the rogue core ability is WAI and isn't applying to shurikens. Halfing remains the only way to get dex to damage as a Bard shuriken user, at least to my knowledge.

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:57am:
1)  Int can be added to attack or damage since Artificers
2)  I said "lets allow to-hit and damage to always use whatever your highest stat number is"...  No more of this namby-pamby "only certain stats with certain weapons or enhancements" nonsense; they should just get to the inevitable point of using whatever your highest stat is at the time.

Anyway, I have since revised this idea as weaksauce.  At the current rate of cheese acceleration (approximately 1.7 MegaBrie per update^2), the Devs should just anticipate the final outcome and add up all of the modifiers for all of the stats, multiply it by character level, and use that number as your bonus to attack, damage, saving throws, AC and spell/tactical ability DC's.

Just call it "character power"...  OVER 9000!

Well done sir.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #33 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
if they did it wouldn't change this Bastard sword using build you want I dont think.

You're not using any other Competence Bonuses. DC is not Competence, LD is.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #34 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:12pm:
Tested it just now. Unfortunately the rogue core ability is WAI and isn't applying to shurikens.

Damn. Even with a dagger/shortsword in the off hand?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #35 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:31pm:
Damn. Even with a dagger/shortsword in the off hand?

Just tried it out with a dagger. No, unfortunately that isn't tricking the mainhand into getting dex to damage.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:58pm by FM »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Ahwell, guess my ranged will be relying on quantity over quality. It should still be acceptable damage when melee is impossible.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

GrizzlyBear
Korthos Resident

duh?!

Reply #37 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Does any of Different Tack from swash tree works with shuri? Huh

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #38 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
GrizzlyBear wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 8:17am:
Does any of Different Tack from swash tree works with shuri? Huh

No, I'm afraid not. You need to be a Halfling.

They should make that more clear in the enhancement descriptions or something. All the Bard chuckers that I've seen running (at low to mid level at least) are Drow, so obviously things must be pretty cloudy.

Oh, also - bug report that shurikens are not receiving the +1 crit multiplier in Swashbuckler stance if you are interested in making one because that extra DPS is needed to help make up for the loss of throw attempts from not taking Monk levels.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint