Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Quick runs w/o stones (Read 3140 times)
Hand Moisturizer
Korthos Resident

Fuck+You = Hello, Welcome!

Quick runs w/o stones
Aug 9th, 2014 at 9:57am
Print Post  
So just for shits & giggles who else has soloed from lv 1 to 28 with just tornado pots and how much fun was it Smiley

IP Logged

A Shrewd Man
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Quick runs w/o stones
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
On a scale of 1-10.... Probably a 4

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
A Shrewd Man wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 1:34pm:
On a scale of 1-10.... Probably a 4

the tornado or the fun?
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2014 at 3:10pm by Ohfaq »  

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 3:38pm
Print Post  

the fun.

In the early levels you can go black alert (which is like a red alert *10) and own them with 2 potions while being naked.

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 3:38pm:

the fun.

In the early levels you can go black alert (getting chased by 10 black men) and own them with 2 potions while being naked.

ftfy

edit: damn.. too much gayness lately in the vault. i better go find another gif to add in my sig
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2014 at 3:52pm by Ohfaq »  

IP Logged

Hand Moisturizer
Korthos Resident

Fuck+You = Hello, Welcome!

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 3:38pm:
In the early levels you can go black alert (which is like a red alert *10) and own them with 2 potions while being naked.

Pretty much.  Its good fun!  Only thing that's problematic to me is my click finger, which is also my nose pick finger is worn out a lot faster then even using a repeater, whew.

lol

IP Logged

ZP
Waterworks Kobold

Zippy!

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Ohfaq wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 3:44pm:
edit: damn.. too much gayness lately in the vault. i better go find another gif to add in my sig[/size]

Can you people please put less graphic intensive gifs in your sigs.  Or less of them?  It's slowing down my work computers.

IP Logged

ZP
Waterworks Kobold

Zippy!

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Like that one person who has 5 gifs in their sig.  It's too much for my computer.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
ZP wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 7:17pm:
Like that one person who has 5 gifs in their sig.  It's too much for my computer.

you realize by being a whiny bitch like that, that more people will now fill their sigs with random shit, just to make it so you can't load the page.

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
I've done 24-28 EE solo with tornado pots. Because I didn't want to spend the time on playing, so I stoned in various ways to get from 1-24 without having to play. Then the EE runs were just for Saga stones. I did occasionally bring along others to make things faster, because with each pot doing ~1200 dmg, it took waaay too many pots and too much time to take out red names, especially when they run after you, and you have to keep moving, reducing the dmg from each pot.

Also, big downside of having to constantly make more pots, or spend a bunch of time crunching them in advance. 4 tabs full of 50 pot stacks is 4000 pots, and you'd be surprised how long it takes to crunch, and how many it can take to run a quest. Even zerging and grouping mobs, I could still easily use 350-500 pots for some EEs. Though this did go down a bit once I was doing it on my caster and could use Hellball and Ruin.

I actually came up with an idea for a build using just Tornado bottles. I call it The CheeseNado! I decided against writing up a full thing in the builds forum, but basically, for a maximum CheeseNado build:

Take Quick Draw feat for faster throwing.
Max Con and whatever stat for saves.
At least 2 levels of Ranger for Rapid Shot and Sprint boost.
Can go 6 fighter for massive HP with Stalwart, and 3 extra Sprint Boosts. If you want to skip the Ranger levels, fighter gets rapid shot as bonus feat choice.
At least 2 Pally levels are helpful for saves so that you don't get stuck from red names and such. If you go Bladeforged, you can take 2nd Pally level, and you'll also have great self heals.
Anything that gives Air-step (5 sorc, 12 monk, 17 FvS, in Exalted Angel ED) is great.
Best healing pots from cards for [supplemental] healing.
Best rez cakes from cards so you don't give a **** about dying.
Pots from cards if you need them.

Then go forth and conquer.  Grin
Smiley Smiley
Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2014 at 10:33pm by Dargon »  

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 8:11pm
Print Post  

Install scriptblock and stop whining..

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Dargon wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 10:32pm:
I've done 24-28 EE solo with tornado pots. Because I didn't want to spend the time on playing, so I stoned in various ways to get from 1-24 without having to play. Then the EE runs were just for Saga stones. I did occasionally bring along others to make things faster, because with each pot doing ~1200 dmg, it took waaay too many pots and too much time to take out red names, especially when they run after you, and you have to keep moving, reducing the dmg from each pot.

Also, big downside of having to constantly make more pots, or spend a bunch of time crunching them in advance. 4 tabs full of 50 pot stacks is 4000 pots, and you'd be surprised how long it takes to crunch, and how many it can take to run a quest. Even zerging and grouping mobs, I could still easily use 350-500 pots for some EEs. Though this did go down a bit once I was doing it on my caster and could use Hellball and Ruin.

I actually came up with an idea for a build using just Tornado bottles. I call it The CheeseNado! I decided against writing up a full thing in the builds forum, but basically, for a maximum CheeseNado build:

Take Quick Draw feat for faster throwing.
Max Con and whatever stat for saves.
At least 2 levels of Ranger for Rapid Shot and Sprint boost.
Can go 6 fighter for massive HP with Stalwart, and 3 extra Sprint Boosts. If you want to skip the Ranger levels, fighter gets rapid shot as bonus feat choice.
At least 2 Pally levels are helpful for saves so that you don't get stuck from red names and such. If you go Bladeforged, you can take 2nd Pally level, and you'll also have great self heals.
Anything that gives Air-step (5 sorc, 12 monk, 17 FvS, in Exalted Angel ED) is great.
Best healing pots from cards for [supplemental] healing.
Best rez cakes from cards so you don't give a **** about dying.
Pots from cards if you need them.

Thank this guy for all your fun:

SolarDawning wrote on Feb 5th, 2014 at 7:59pm:
Hey, I think I can give a couple of teasers, though.
The next Anniversary rewards has a tornado in a bottle as one of the rewards you can get. I made that for fun on my last week. It's a throwing weapon that makes a tornado, as the name implies. No saving throw, 6 second AoE knockdown. Damage is something like 18d4 per character level. (Yes, its a throwing weapon that scales with the level of the character using it)
I don't know how many will be given out per player. Hopefully it's enough that people can have some fun with them.
There's some other bottled spells I made with it, like an AoE bottled Flesh to Stone. DC 30+character level.

I say people have more than enough

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #12 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:41am
Print Post  
It was better when they affected bosses delivering monologues.   Undecided
Made those long monologues much more enjoyable watching their health bars come down to more reasonable levels.   Grin

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 3:43am
Print Post  
FakeStrake wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 2:41am:
I say people have more than enough

FakeStrake wrote on Aug 14th, 2014 at 2:41am:
There's some other bottled spells I made with it, like an AoE bottled Flesh to Stone. DC 30+character level.

By far one of my favorites, F2S everything chasing you, drop a nado, walk away.

Dargon wrote on Aug 9th, 2014 at 10:32pm:
it took waaay too many pots and too much time to take out red names, especially when they run after you, and you have to keep moving, reducing the dmg from each pot.

You do realize you can stone those trash mobs chasing you.. right? FoS gave us toys, keyword TOYS as in, plural. Hell, even the fireball ina bottle are fun. and faster to make than nados. 100/crunch vs 15/crunch. They only do ~50% of nados total dmg, but still they are fun on stoned mobs.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #14 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Didn't they nerf tornado bottles?

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 10:56am
Print Post  
They didn't nerf them as much as fix them, they no longer hit passive npcs but they continue to offer OP cc. They're still super effective for red alert zerging.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 5:01pm
Print Post  

HA, enjoy my sig then Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint