Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Quickest 'legit' way to 20 (Read 22804 times)
Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Re: Quickest legit way to 20
Reply #25 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
KingLurker wrote on Aug 11th, 2014 at 2:46pm:
Many methods to suit every playstyle and mood... it's really up to you to add your own personal flavor.

IF you want something best suited to your own personal style, i might be able to go through some quests/some generic tips to help you, and of course it is completely up to you to adapt it to your own personal style /modify it or scrap it.

All i'll need are some details :You said u r non-vip, what about playstyle? melee/ranged/caster..u know invi runs/safe spots, u using cookies? what build u planning to play? (evasion/non evasion) Specific quests that u'd like to avoid even if i had to force a gun on ur head to run it? Xp  buffs? (pots,shrines, lvl 1 +5% augments etc) Are you going to use at level 1 weekly rolls for skipping korthos? Packs that u do not own...

Ofc u can save me the trouble, and just say, nty, i'll do my own shit.../respect.

Premium - all packs, I'm currently running a druid wolf build so I can recycle equipment, I invis as much as possible.. And know a few cheesy tactics although I tend to just bruteforce fights.. :p
No cookies, no idea what build I'm aiming at but the wolf seems fun..
He used to be my caster but the dc race killed the fun. I got 3x wiz, 1 druid and 1 sorc pl so far. I hate Threnal except the one quest that is good xp I generally avoid it. Same with tomb of tormented.. never got it down to a quickrun.. Also not a big fan of Shavarath. At least not when he was a caster.. May be different this time.
I have a stash of 50% pots, 5% ship, greater tome of learning and a stack of masters gift. I mostly skip korthos by running repossesion or one of the other harbor quests.

Think that answers most of it.. I just think my zergskills are weak or it's because I have trouble getting groups as I live in europe and play on Orien.. not a lot of groups going on these days :/

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #26 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Keep in mind that if you want to level multiple characters that it is more efficient to just hit the big xp quests at level 2-3 times per day and then switch until ransack resets.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #27 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:39am
Print Post  
I see you just switched from measuring with feet to the metric system.

Nice.

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Yeah I am sneaky, this way no one will no its me see?  woops I meant no one will see it's him. 

I am devious!!! Shocked
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:51am by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #29 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yeah I am sneaky, this way no one will no its me see?  woops I meant no one will see it's him. 

I am devious!!! Shocked

I hate you.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:39am:
I see you just switched from measuring with feet to the metric system.

Nice.

Yeah, I wanted to be less Michael Bolton-y.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #31 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 2:14am
Print Post  
How did you manage to have your post count zeroed again, Sasha?

Edit: nvm I see you got your old account back. Wb then. O/
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2014 at 2:21am by Ugg the Unwise »  

IP Logged

KingLurker
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 2:40am
Print Post  
One Last question i forgot to ask in the first place and it is essential. Do you have openers for key-quests? Like SC or the last of the chain on Necro 3.
When i get home i'll send u my OLD list of quests... i think it was modified since the 4.378.500 -> 3.800.000xp..it has some info...it will be a starter and if u have 50% pots i think it will be more than enough...u will be forced to exclude some quests ...but it involves a ton of repetitions...which nowdays...is silly to think about repeating a quest..10 times  Roll Eyes...3e/h/n is the maximum i would do in the richest in xp quest ..like lotd or von3/wizking... Although i am a fun of TP's from favor..so repeating ...i just avoid it if i can.
At the moment i tr'ed a dusty toon i found i had... so only 2nd lifer..and it goes literally too fast..can't do the quests i have there once..not repeat em Tongue

IP Logged

KingLurker
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Tips : Depending the life i am about to do , i buy as capped (higher haggle, not that it matters , just a habit) pots, scrolls, i collect clickies etc and have em sorted in the bank on level range..top low level, bottom next levels etc...and due to limited bank space i have like 4 levels ahead...except on starting ..i have from lvl 1 ->lvl 7 or 9..then go to 13...and then to 18... spend like that less time while playing, so do not hold back my tr-partners, group etc.

Enjoy the trip!

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #34 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 3:19am
Print Post  
Nuckinfutz wrote on Aug 11th, 2014 at 6:25pm:
Master's gift in multiple items for use at different levels. Including ML1

144k to get to level 5 on a 2x TR. Quests are run at +50% bravery, +80% elite, avg of +10% for misc in-quest bonuses, +20% for the always on potion...

Means the +5% is only going to affect 55k of base xp before lvl 5, amounting to a gain of about 3k xp from 1-5.

Not something I would go through the trouble of making unless I had a lot of lives stretched out ahead of me. Maybe not even then.

IP Logged

KingLurker
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 8:49am
Print Post  
http://www.filedropper.com/ddo1
Here is a link, of an excel file with my old tr schedule...it was quite detailed... so ..enjoy..i believe if u can motivate me enough i could make u one newer version of it...but with less details ...like NO xp awarded etc...
Also some tips : i used to have the xp awarded/current as a reference on how i proceed...to add/remove a quest/repetition...since then ofc questing has greatly...changed/improved...take only notice that i capped at 4.378.500xp ...was not modified to new system   Roll Eyes

anyway... i posted here on open instead of asking mails etc. Enjoy

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #36 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:15am
Print Post  
It would take me 2 - 3 weeks, 1-3 hours every evening. So maybe 30 - 50 hours, makes a flowersniffer Smiley.
Not uber alert zergage like Robot Fire Savant or Fvs but not fucking around either. Invis everything that can be invised.

I would do everything on Elite once except stupid stuff like Restless isles.
Heavy farmage of Shadowcrypt, Wizking ( only if you are not solo ),Litany, Sane asylum. GH only once for saga cause I am sick of it, Necro 4 I would do another round or two second day cause I like it.
I would cap in Elite Vale usually ( not even doing other lvl 16s or higher quests ). There is still fuckton of xp, Vale farm ( especially devils ), ETK, Monastery, Wheloon is uber if you can stand super annoying mobs and have aoe.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #37 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Korthos (Skip the Long stupid Ice one at end)
Harbor
WW ---->Level 4
Catacombs Zerg
Marketplace Quests (Sharn, any others you know well and can do fast)
STK ---->Should be level 6 by now
House D
House K (I think, maybe this is next level)
House P
House J
This will get you to 9 or 10.
At level Tempest Spine
Don't forget Flaggers + Bloody Crypt
Flaggers + Shadow Crypt

This gets you to like 12 or something ridiculous maybe even 13 with a couple farms.

Then it's higher level house quests,  Attack on Stormreach 1/2, Madness Chain,

ANd actually the new Wheloon at level is good XP along with GH and Orchard.

This is easily 18.

IQ 1/2, Vale, Litany Farms, Shav if you want/need/

If you can get a good group to do some challenges at level first runs done well can net some big XP fast too.

BLAH BLAH its basically the same with the leveling guides you just get way more XP now with BB and 50% pots. You will be able to run less quests to cap now, so just cherry pick the best XP/Ones you know well

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #38 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:57am
Print Post  
KingLurker wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 8:49am:
Here is a link, of an excel file with my old tr schedule...

Kewl - thanks Smiley

Wipe wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:15am:
It would take me 2 - 3 weeks, 1-3 hours every evening. So maybe 30 - 50 hours, makes a flowersniffer .

Yeah.. That sounds about right. That's what I wanted to improve :p
Like I mentioned Orien is kinda low on lfm's at level and waiting around for people would take longer than soloing it more often than not.

harharharhar wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:25am:
BLAH BLAH its basically the same with the leveling guides you just get way more XP now with BB and 50% pots. You will be able to run less quests to cap now, so just cherry pick the best XP/Ones you know well

Heh - I DO love doing litany twice a day for 3-4k xp/min  Cheesy
Missing is also great if you have invis and ddoor.. The one in dreaming dark too.. Forgot it's name.

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #39 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
KingLurker wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 8:49am:
it was quite detailed...

Wow.. You weren't kidding..

Very thorough and clear spread sheet I might add! +1 Smiley

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #40 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Two words - Carcass Eaters.  With the right pots you can grind out about a levels worth of xp in the Orchard in an hour or two tops.  (Yeah, I know, its lame as fuck but when you're playing hours that its impossible to get a group and on a crappy class taken only for TR purposes, it gets the job done).

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #41 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
I have found that 1-6 involves mainly hitting quests on E for a BB streak.  Repeats are rarely necessary and BB makes most quests better xp/min than any re-runs.  Except Ringleader and a few others.  Just avoid 3bC and Phiarlian carnival series.  After that, re-runs become more valuable.

7-11 is done with Deleras 2/4, Tear, Von3/4 and Shadow Crypt.  That's about all you need.

12-14 is all about Desert quests (walkups on E.  Plunder OOB and Wiz King), Stormreach 1 (Diplo, framework,etc), Invaders, Made to Order/BAM

15 is GH.  (Walkups/Flags on E.  Then Plunder them.  Especially the walk ups.  Most are doable in 3-5 minutes.)

16 is Orchard.  (First time I use an explorer area.  The only one that I don't abuse is Fleshmaker.  The air eles are annoying if you are soloing.  Vol and GoP, especially, are fast easy runs.  I like Inferno a lot as long as you can handle the torches without Mephits, but it's actually way easier without a full party.)

17-18 is Vale.  Include Slayers/Rares

18-20 is IQ1/2, ETK, Monestary.

You might be a bit more rigid with your run list and squeeze out some more efficiency, but you aren't talking much difference.  Maybe 5-10% of your run time.  If that.  You waste more leveling, grouping, getting buffs, and screwing around with your gear.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #42 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Ugg the Unwise wrote on Aug 11th, 2014 at 7:59am:
I actually came here for builds unlike most of the new exploit seekers.. Exploits were just icing on top :p

Get your own damn donuts!

You are one of those that reads Penthouse for the articles... Right?

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #43 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:47pm:
Two words - Carcass Eaters.  With the right pots you can grind out about a levels worth of xp in the Orchard in an hour or two tops.  (Yeah, I know, its lame as fuck but when you're playing hours that its impossible to get a group and on a crappy class taken only for TR purposes, it gets the job done).

Lol I know.. My gf tend to love running that and bat/spiders in vale.

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #44 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Mr wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:06pm:
You are one of those that reads Penthouse for the articles... Right?

Almost want to say yes.. All the models look the same. You go to middlepages and rest is the same girl with different make-up :p

But no.. Got teh interwebs.. Who needs penthouse nowadays..

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #45 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:49pm:
I have found that 1-6 involves mainly hitting quests on E for a BB streak.  Repeats are rarely necessary and BB makes most quests better xp/min than any re-runs.  Except Ringleader and a few others.  Just avoid 3bC and Phiarlian carnival series.  After that, re-runs become more valuable.

7-11 is done with Deleras 2/4, Tear, Von3/4 and Shadow Crypt.  That's about all you need.

12-14 is all about Desert quests (walkups on E.  Plunder OOB and Wiz King), Stormreach 1 (Diplo, framework,etc), Invaders, Made to Order/BAM

15 is GH.  (Walkups/Flags on E.  Then Plunder them.  Especially the walk ups.  Most are doable in 3-5 minutes.)

16 is Orchard.  (First time I use an explorer area.  The only one that I don't abuse is Fleshmaker.  The air eles are annoying if you are soloing.  Vol and GoP, especially, are fast easy runs.  I like Inferno a lot as long as you can handle the torches without Mephits, but it's actually way easier without a full party.)

17-18 is Vale.  Include Slayers/Rares

18-20 is IQ1/2, ETK, Monestary.

You might be a bit more rigid with your run list and squeeze out some more efficiency, but you aren't talking much difference.  Maybe 5-10% of your run time.  If that.  You waste more leveling, grouping, getting buffs, and screwing around with your gear.

Problem is when you don't have a group and have to run back and forth wasting time :/

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Ugg the Unwise wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:43pm:
But no.. Got teh interwebs..

You will have to excuse Mr. he is mildly gay and extremely retarded.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #47 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Ugg the Unwise wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:44pm:
Problem is when you don't have a group and have to run back and forth wasting time :/

I window farm to cut down on running around.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #48 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Usually solo

1-9 one and done on Elite BB, skipping some content I don't like (carnival, restless, threnal, co6, etc) and repeating some choice quests (tear, deleras)
9-12 repeats of shadow crypt, VON chain, tempest spine. Tend to skip Sands these days due to quest distance (oob) and tower splitting (need competent group)
12-17 heavy repeat of GH saga, with a few nec4 one and done if LFM is up
17-18 exclusively Litany Abbot flag, maybe the odd at level quest LFM
18-20 vale elite, vale hard, then etk/monastery if needed

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #49 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
IMO, doing a particular quest zone based on your level range and then moving on to the next in a linear way is so 2010.

With the new XP settings you can (and probably should) hit higher level content on Elite, farm it a few times if you need, then go back to level appropiate content and when you reach the level of the quests you did first, the XP will be reset for full gain.

Something like: Vale bb, farm it a bit, then start gh bb, farm it, get it over with, Refuge bb, farm it a bit, go back to Vale, etc. When you're high level enough to hit Refuge again, your xp ransack will be over.

And another benefit of the new xp settings is that you can continue to farm quests like Litany and wk on elite indefinitely.  On the last legit TR I did, I was still running elite litany at level 18.

So, going back and forth is the way to go IMO, my two cents.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2014 at 3:02pm by Sasha »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint