Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Cordovan Reneges On MajMal's Promise (Read 14526 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Cordovan Reneges On MajMal's Promise
Reply #25 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 3:16pm:
They're still recovering from the departure of their previous "community manager" (Sapience's last day was 1 August)

I'm happy for them. that guy was a worse Cordovan. They must be rejoicing on lotrocommunity forums

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #26 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 1:11pm:
No. And if this were Sparta they'd be thrown off of cliffs. Luckily it's just slurs now.

Grin

And if this were Sparta, I imagine most of you girlie men here would have been either drowned as runts, or serving as a cumbucket for a big bloke named Rocco.

So the distinction between retard and many here would have been purely semantic.
Grin

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
LOL If he would have said it on the ddo forums it would have been different.
MajMal got another one over you is all.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Did we really believe MajMal that we would get free server transfers? o.O
I mean... Other games make you pay around 10-20 bucks for a transfer. Why would Turbine plan on missing this income?

Only reason I can think of would be a server merge where they offer the players the ability to decide where they want to go with which toon several weeks before such a merge. Probably with the goal that there will be less drama in the forum because of the merge(if you don't like the server you are merging with go to another server).

Or they just shutdown a server without warning and say don't worry character data is saved and we can use free server transfer to get the character data back on another server.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #29 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Not sure if serious.

as serious as Diddledee's dick in your ass!  Cheesy

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #30 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:03pm:

No.  Uncontrolled server transfers en masse would be disastrous and ridiculous for server loading.
I believe it was a half truth.

It was yet another Turdbine brain fart.
I would suggest it was an idea without any plan of how to implement it (either technically or logistically).
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:12pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #31 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:07pm:
I would suggest it was an idea without any plan of how to implement it (either technically or logistically).

Captain Obvious at the dept. of redundancy dept. called, just to point out that obvious statement is obvious.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #32 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:19pm:
Captain Obvious at the dept. of redundancy dept. called, just to point out that obvious statement is obvious.

Thanks!
Grin
Always good to know the redundancy dept are on the case!

PS - Why'd they call you?   Undecided

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #33 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
As a Psych major just want to share that mental retardation is no longer as official as it once was and will be gone soon .  The new term is Intellectual Disability or Intellectual Developmental Disorder.

ID or IDD.

Being this is still new you can say someone has IDD and they likely will have no clue you are insulting them.

Can't type for shit today.  Must have IDD.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:56pm by Trollero »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Did they stop doing transfers? They were 25$ the last time I cared.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #35 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
They are too stupid to make it work.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #36 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:00pm:
Did they stop doing transfers? They were 25$ the last time I cared.

You can still do paid for transfers I believe.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Yea they can switch you servers. But you cant bring your guild/expensive ass ship over or astral shards. So...no reason for most people to switch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #38 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
They're still recovering from the departure of their previous "community manager" (Sapience's last day was 1 August).

Oh, that's awesome! Did he move to Constant Crisis or whatever their Super Zero game is, or did he bail entirely? Time to dig up that link to our LotRO sister forum and see what good drama is unfolding there  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #39 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:54pm:
As a Psych major just want to share that mental retardation is no longer as official as it once was and will be gone soon .  The new term is Intellectual Disability or Intellectual Developmental Disorder.

ID or IDD.

Being this is still new you can say someone has IDD and they likely will have no clue you are insulting them.

Can't type for shit today.  Must have IDD.

I prefer Mental Retardation, because it fits MR here on the Vault

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:23pm:
PS - Why'd they call you? 

Are you kidding? Look at my avatar. They keep begging for me to be their mascot.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:05pm:
Oh, that's awesome! Did he move to Constant Crisis or whatever their Super Zero game is, or did he bail entirely? Time to dig up that link to our LotRO sister forum and see what good drama is unfolding there  Grin

http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/3108-sapience-leaves-lotro/

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #42 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:23am
Print Post  
man there are a lot of shitheads here. it has such potential....

anyway, Flav is right, it's just a poorly worded and inflaming way (ie Cordo style) of saying "No Comment".

And for the record, you're a bad person and karma will get you for using slurs, no matter how funny or innocent you think you are. You're still just a shit head. Anyone who defends the use of slurs is the product of a sickening amount of ignorance. Flame on, douchebags.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:47am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:23am:
And for the record, you're a bad person and karma will get you for using slurs, no matter how funny or innocent you think you are. You're still just a shit head. Anyone who defends the use of slurs is the product of a sickening amount of ignorance. Flame on, douchebags.

Karma is like hoping that there is some benevolent being in the universe that rewards the bitch-like weak men who have been abused with slurs their entire lives. I am a funny shithead. You would barter your left testicle to have a quarter of my comedic genius. I will continue to defend the use of slurs as long as slur-able people continue to exist. I am fighting the good fight. doing god's work I am

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:48am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #44 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:48am
Print Post  

Totally agree.

It's just that The Vault is a douchebag containment-zone. If they can't be douchebags here, then somewhere else will have to be built for them to be douchebags.

I hope this doesn't sound like an excuse for the douchebags. It's not that they can't help themselves. It's that they totally can, but refuse to. That's essential to being a douchebag.

Fucking douchebags.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #45 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:02am
Print Post  
man there are a lot of shitheads here. it has such potential....

anyway, Flav is right, it's just a poorly worded and inflaming way (ie Cordo style) of saying "No Comment".

Meh. This thread was actually pretty tame. If you want to complain about some egregious verbal abuse, you should check out the politics and religion sub.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #46 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 4:27am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 5:06pm:
They will be on BOTH sides so they can be assured of an opportunity to surrender.

First we will find somebody to drag with us, and to fight for us... We are as good at that as we are good at surrendering.

SwashbucklerHater wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:03pm:

Nope. Never. But 25 bucks is expensive. That's what stopped many EU players to relocate to Thelanis when they dumped us on G-Land. There's a lot of end game ( at that time ) toons with heaps of equipments/loot/crafting stuff rotting on G-Land due to that.

DropBear wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:07pm:
No.  Uncontrolled server transfers en masse would be disastrous and ridiculous for server loading.
I believe it was a half truth.

Yep, uncontrolled would be a disaster... Everybody would concentrate on Thelanis, G-Land and Cannith ( maybe Argo too. ) All the other servers would be dead, and the cited ones would be unplayable due to lag.

While I find 25 Bucks too expensive, and since I also find uncontrolled dangerous... for me $5 Transfer fee seems appropriate.
It makes people pause and consider if they really want to transfer, and it's cheap enough that you can do it easily. Especially if the process is fully automated. But that's just my opinion.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #47 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:59pm:

Awesome, Rubbins, thanks! Good drama there  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 4:27am:
All the other servers would be dead, and the cited ones would be unplayable due to lag.

I remember a time when some servers had 2000 concurrent without being unplayable. The only reason lag is such an issue with so few players is due to 2 factors, turbine downgraded their service with internap and they hacked the code to shit over the past years. Now you want to thank turbine for letting them charge you more money to play on a populated server?

What have you done to the old flav?

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #49 - Aug 15th, 2014 at 4:15am
Print Post  
While I find 25 Bucks too expensive, and since I also find uncontrolled dangerous... for me $5 Transfer fee seems appropriate.

You need to take all your toons incl. mules. If you have an entourage of 20 toons. It makes $100 to change your server. Still seems too much.

Yep, uncontrolled would be a disaster... Everybody would concentrate on Thelanis, G-Land and Cannith ( maybe Argo too. ) All the other servers would be dead, and the cited ones would be unplayable due to lag.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint