Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO crybabies (Read 29943 times)
Steiner
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

DDO crybabies
Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:00am
Print Post  

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/446861-Differences-between-Epics-amp-H...

And make sure you have at least Jump Pots on your character when you do join an Epic Group - DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKES!
{Oh and not all groups will happily wait for you to go back to the start and take the alternative route.}
---

Post is full of this, i wonder how he got into epic levels without even jump pots (if he doesnt have spell, cant find clickies etc).

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: DDO crybabies
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Not sure if the better players stopped playing or if they just stopped posting on the motherboard.  The forums have sucked ass compared to even a year ago.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:36am
Print Post  
You don't have to bring jump into party crashers. You have to be the kind of player that even one other member of your party wants along enough to cast jump on you/hand you a pot.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:39am
Print Post  
I don't see the problem with the post - it's in the new player section?
First time through many quests on EE was an eye opener for many of us.
DDO Crybabies - Have you nothing better to do than take pot shots at someone trying to help new players out?  Grow up and stop making yourself feel masculine by mocking the newbs threads.

The ability for new players to start with Iconics at 15 could well mean they have missed a lot of the early level learning and access to basic buff items.

Re jump - not everyone has jump clickies. Not everyone can UMD scrolls (which would only be +10, just like pots).  Not everyone has 80 green steel items or Cannith crafted items, or is on their 28th life.

My 1st life capped Cleric in plate armour jumps as well as a sloth.  I still rely on a helpful caster when that toon needs jump like in the Mario room in Deathwyrm.
Some of us can accept our inadequacies in a video game.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 7:04am
Print Post  
You only need 1 person to be able to jump in pc if you want to go short way, he then talks with cyan and rest can go back to start and through lobby.
But since I see this guy has problem even in small problem, doesnt know how to avoid casters on rocks, dont really expect him to improve, he is like rper.
Also wk has dead wraiths on eh.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2014 at 7:06am by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

kinggartk
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Followed the vault for a couple of years now.  You guys are really lacking for content if your having to troll that thread.

C'mon man you guys are better that this.

IP Logged

JollyRoger
Korthos Resident

I love myself

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:15am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:39am:
My 1st life capped Cleric in plate armour jumps as well as a sloth.  I still rely on a helpful caster when that toon needs jump like in the Mario room in Deathwyrm.

In Epic every player must have at least the jump to get there in partycrasher. Seriously if you have a plate armour you can get it off you know?

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:17am
Print Post  
It's Fran. you have to read his posts with a grain of salt.
If at all.

That said, "slow cleric in plate" is total nonsense.
Have Wings, Morahs, eDustless boots. Probably enough str for 40 jump anyway ( GH, tome, Good luck, whatever ).
House P spell "vendor" for 30 mins of Jump.

If you are stupid, go farm Tod and Sins or wherever the fuck that thing drops.
Boo hoo, I am poor cleric, please wait for me. Lmao.

IP Logged

scythes
Dragon Raider

Vereor Messor

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:18am
Print Post  
i agree
I don't see the problem with the post - it's in the new player section?
First time through many quests on EE was an eye opener for many of us.
DDO Crybabies - Have you nothing better to do than take pot shots at someone trying to help new players out?  Grow up and stop making yourself feel masculine by mocking the newbs threads.

The ability for new players to start with Iconics at 15 could well mean they have missed a lot of the early level learning and access to basic buff items.

Re jump - not everyone has jump clickies. Not everyone can UMD scrolls (which would only be +10, just like pots).  Not everyone has 80 green steel items or Cannith crafted items, or is on their 28th life.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:44am
Print Post  
There are jump potions available in the marketplace for around 3 plat per piece.

I'm willing to shell out some plat for you to get some.

You're welcome!

=D

That said, yeah, some folks are quite hostile against folks who weren't prepared. Although it's true that not everyone can be awesome right away - it's also true that people have to be willing to listen and learn.

Forgive the ignorant, and destroy the ignorant by choice. Just because someone doesn't have the jump spell or jump clicky or jump potion is no excuse to not have said jump stuff FOREVER. Same goes for other stuff.

There are still some folks who are willing to teach. And it's always a pleasure when meeting folks who are willing to learn.

That reminds me of a story that happened some time ago. We were running raids (pre epic destinies) and an artie joined with around 200 hp at level 20. We had some time to kill before running the quest shortman, so we (the rest of the raid) all pitched in to find a +6 con item, GFL, even a Minos. The guy (Ammonihah) was a great sport about it, listening to the input, and took the advice to heart. Good times.

We failed to teach the proper raid techniques (it was VoD elite) and he kept dying, though. It was a hoot; the last time he died, he said on voicechat exasperated, "Gah. Just rezz me when you need buffs."

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:00am
Print Post  
JollyRoger wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:15am:
In Epic every player must have at least the jump to get there in partycrasher. Seriously if you have a plate armour you can get it off you know?

Really??  You can remove armour?
OMG - you just changed the way I play the game!!!

Kinda missing the point boys.  Don't read too much into it - just gave it as an example of not everyone focusses on having 40 Jump and can still play the game.

If I need that extra 5 points of jump that my armour penalises, yes I can remove it.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:01am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:05am
Print Post  
I don't have a problem with it since it is in the new player section.  Although, my feeling is that the new player section is pretty useless, since new players rarely bother to visit the forums.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #12 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:17am:
That said, "slow cleric in plate" is total nonsense.
Have Wings, Morahs, eDustless boots. Probably enough str for 40 jump anyway ( GH, tome, Good luck, whatever ).
House P spell "vendor" for 30 mins of Jump.

If you are stupid, go farm Tod and Sins or wherever the fuck that thing drops.
Boo hoo, I am poor cleric, please wait for me. Lmao.

Sigh - you missed the point Wipe.  Forget the Cleric in plate - it was a throwaway stereotype line. I can see that got you really excited.  My Cleric jumps ok with boosts.

I know how to get most jump buffs.
Could you explain how wings increase your vertical jump?

But my point was that not everyone has 40 Jump and you can still play the game.  Sure, it makes you a newb, but hey, we can't all be l33t like you bro.

How many NEW PLAYERS (that would be the forum it was posted in) have access to the above items and abilities?
They might have the House P buffs if they have the favour, and can buy the +10 pots?

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:50am
Print Post  
+10 pot
+15 item
+5 str (i'm sure all epic characters have at least +5 str bonus with ships buffs and shit, gotta carry the loot)
----
that's +30 jump

then with the misc skills bonuses from airship and other sources (up to +8 from epic level) you can easily reach 40

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #14 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:52am
Print Post  
You are right, I got carried away. I would never make fun in New Player Advice.

I was walking my dog today and she barfed some nasty blue plastic shit in front of like 20 people today.
Because rummaging in the mud ( or shit ) every other day is not enough ( I don't know how people can have babies, puppy is enough haha ).
Got me pissed.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #15 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Illetirated wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:50am:
+10 pot
+15 item
+5 str (i'm sure all epic characters have at least +5 str bonus with ships buffs and shit, gotta carry the loot)
----
that's +30 jump

then with the misc skills bonuses from airship and other sources (up to +8 from epic level) you can easily reach 40

What some folks here are trying to say, it's too hard to get a +15 jump item and a +10 pot. Or it takes too much effort.

There's this guy in the marketplace, a warforged, I believe. Somewhere north area, just south of the airship portal and northish of the potion vendors. Click on him, and access a magical place named AUCTION HOUSE.

Just a bit south of him, under the red banner tents is a guy named Potion Vendor. He sells +10 jump potions for 2 or 3 pretty plat coins. If you vendor half of the loot you get in a quest, you might be able to afford a few of those potions.

Sorry for the sarcasm. I'm a lot nicer to new folks. If you're in The Vault, I believe that you are advanced enough to know these things or are smart enough to use ddowiki. Like I said, I forgive ignorance, but I loath ignorant-by-choice.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Here's a better question.  Why are people running Epic Party Crashers?  I fucking hate that quest.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #17 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:00pm:
Here's a better question.  Why are people running Epic Party Crashers?  I fucking hate that quest.

Yes. Valid point. If you hate a quest, then NO ONE should be running it.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Nuckinfutz
Titan Demolisher

The Pig's a tease.

Reply #18 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Illetirated wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:50am:
+10 pot
+15 item
----
that's +30 jump

Cannith boots. +10 and +5 ex jump.
+15 item
That +20 right there.
Easy to cap up to 40

Felgor wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:45am:
DDO died a long time ago, we just all have trouble admitting it.

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:43pm
Print Post  

Yeah, Turbine have inadvertantly fucked over new players with that level 15 iconic bullshit. Can you imagine if the first quests you'd run were Missing, Delerium or Disciples? You'd be fucked too.

I've started running into newbie iconics who are absolutely fucking clueless through no fault of their own. Turbine are absolutely, positively mongloid these days when it comes to game balance and design. Sometimes if you run into these folks you need to be a bit more patient and help them out.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #20 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Fran is a stupid fucktard... yeah again...

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #21 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:00pm:

I enjoy running it. It's pretty easy and I enjoy taking a break from running other EE's. Even did a EE spies in the house yesterday, just to change things up a bit.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #22 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Spies is a great quest and a fuck ton of xp.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #23 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Seriously carry around +15 jump item in your inventory?

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #24 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:13am:
Sigh - you missed the point Wipe.  Forget the Cleric in plate - it was a throwaway stereotype line. I can see that got you really excited.  My Cleric jumps ok with boosts.

I know how to get most jump buffs.
Could you explain how wings increase your vertical jump?

But my point was that not everyone has 40 Jump and you can still play the game.  Sure, it makes you a newb, but hey, we can't all be l33t like you bro.

How many NEW PLAYERS (that would be the forum it was posted in) have access to the above items and abilities?
They might have the House P buffs if they have the favour, and can buy the +10 pots?

I dont think you need 40 jump for pc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint