Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Dupe to Win (Read 11260 times)
IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Re: Dupe to Win
Reply #25 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 8:45pm:
The only negative aspect I can think of duping is the lack of people running the new raids, that's it.

If you think that by having a bunch of tornadoes you can do anything in this game you are stupid.

Mostly this.  You have to run the raids for the third tier, though.  Tornado idiots are idiots.  If you need tornados, you suck.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #26 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
I certainly dont see a lack of people running the new raids.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #27 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Yeahhh, probably not lack.

But if duping wasn't possible there would be way more lfms to run the raids, I don't pug very often but it would've been better for the general population.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 3:29pm:
lets not change the subject- you are gay and retarded

I will not change the subject. I am gay and retarded.

Oh! You bastard jedi mind trick!  Daaamn you!

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 8:50pm:
I certainly dont see a lack of people running the new raids.

Just a general lack of people.

IP Logged

ddofanboy
Korthos Resident

Three cheers for Turbine!!!!

Reply #30 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 8:45pm:
The only negative aspect I can think of duping is the lack of people running the new raids, that's it.

If you think that by having a bunch of tornadoes you can do anything in this game you are stupid.

So you acknowledge there is at least one negative aspect to duping.  See, we are not so far apart.

I'm not stupid!  I'm retarded.

If ya have a tornado spammer in the party and everyone has at least the intellect of a chimp you can complete about any quest.  Of course tornadoes are not going to solve puzzles for you and shit like that.  But generally speaking, tornadoes  (dupe) = WIN.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 16th, 2014 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
ddofanboy wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 9:28pm:
So you acknowledge there is at least one negative aspect to duping.  See, we are not so far apart.

If ya have a tornado spammer in the party and everyone has at least the intellect of a chimp you can complete about any quest.  Of course tornadoes are not going to solve puzzles for you and shit like that.  But generally speaking, tornadoes  (dupe) = WIN.   

No. you can complete any quest with or without tornado's it not rocket science.

Tornados are tremendous fun in a bottle.

IP Logged

Overmind
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 3:04am
Print Post  
ddofanboy wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 3:23pm:
The impact of duping will impact the game to the point of making it unplayable.  The P2W crap is not game breaking.

Another crybaby that couldnt figure out how to dupe and is butthurt so now he tries to stop the fun for everybody.

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 4:30am
Print Post  

Generally speaking you (idiot) = crybaby. You are the kind of person yelling for anything being p2w or OP, too. Tornados used in groups is the silliest of silly decisions you could make. Why? because nobody sees fucking shit, screen shakes and gives you epileptic seizures.... what bullshit are you talking about destroying the game?

After so many people knowing about duping items now, did you ever consider that the current return of population may be the effect of duping? Like, people actually can play the game in a way they wanted, without the feeling of doing another job?

There is the potential of using tornados in all groups, but in a group of multilifers there is no need to. So much crying from you. Get over it, report the people, if you must but else just shut the fuck up. Jesus, kids these days...crazy...

This was my last fuck I could give to threads like this.
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2014 at 4:32am by onions »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #34 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 7:38am
Print Post  
I swear to lives of all kittens, I have seen Tornado used twice.
Elite Deathwyrm by useless Bard who literally couldn't kill one Shadow without dying.
Another one in elite Shroud by idiotic Shiradi sorcerer in part 2. It wasn't speeding up the process at all either.

IP Logged

�ed
Dragon Raider

WTB Souls, PST

Reply #35 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Haven't seen a tornado for a long long time...

Did several Deathwyrm's this morning and no loot dropped at all... This is probably a part of the problem, grinding 20 x 30-45 min raids just to get a named item would put anyone off running it.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #36 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 8:41am
Print Post  

There's a local live venue that books the best bands.  Its great for shows but its over priced, the drinks are expensive and watered down, and the walls and ceiling are cracked causing uncomfortable drafts.

For years people tell the venue to repair it.  That they love what the venue is doing, but it is a bit pricey and the shows totally suck when it rains and the unrepaired ceiling lets rain drip down on you and pretty much ruins the fun of the show.

For years and years the clients cry for improvements, for years and years the venue ignores them.

Finally the walls crumble enough that you can stand outside and hear the show as well as you could inside.  The venue starts banning people because of this.  They try and repair the walls with duct tape, it does nothing to prevent the sound bleed but is now screwing up the acoustics within the actual show.

The walls continue to crumble and now you can see the band from outside, as well as hear them.  The shows are expensive, the sound has gotten worse on the inside and their drinks are still watered down and expensive.  People have taken to standing across the street and watching and listening instead of paying the admission prices.

Seriously, who's to blame here?  Who's fault is it and who should you be pointing the finger at?  Nearly all dupes are by products of glitches and lag that have screwed up our game play for years that Turbine has refused to fix.  They didn't care what it was doing when enough people were still paying, they very much had a 'fuck you, we already have your money' attitude.

Take a minute and think about it.  We've been complaining about the same issues for the 5 years I've been playing and they always turned a deaf ear to us.  Now these glitches can be used to improve our game play.  Who's to blame?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

DropBear

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #37 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 8:41am:
There's a local live venue that books the best bands.  Its great for shows but its over priced, the drinks are expensive and watered down, and the walls and ceiling are cracked causing uncomfortable drafts.

For years people tell the venue to repair it.  That they love what the venue is doing, but it is a bit pricey and the shows totally suck when it rains and the unrepaired ceiling lets rain drip down on you and pretty much ruins the fun of the show.

For years and years the clients cry for improvements, for years and years the venue ignores them.

Finally the walls crumble enough that you can stand outside and hear the show as well as you could inside.  The venue starts banning people because of this.  They try and repair the walls with duct tape, it does nothing to prevent the sound bleed but is now screwing up the acoustics within the actual show.

The walls continue to crumble and now you can see the band from outside, as well as hear them.  The shows are expensive, the sound has gotten worse on the inside and their drinks are still watered down and expensive.  People have taken to standing across the street and watching and listening instead of paying the admission prices.

Seriously, who's to blame here?  Who's fault is it and who should you be pointing the finger at?  Nearly all dupes are by products of glitches and lag that have screwed up our game play for years that Turbine has refused to fix.  They didn't care what it was doing when enough people were still paying, they very much had a 'fuck you, we already have your money' attitude.

Take a minute and think about it.  We've been complaining about the same issues for the 5 years I've been playing and they always turned a deaf ear to us.  Now these glitches can be used to improve our game play.  Who's to blame?

Some interesting analogies.

I could fully understand them pursuing people with Extreme Prejudice if they "hack" the game.

But 100% of the exploits revealed here operate within the code provided to us - just not used in the way intended.
I understand why they want to deter exploits, but it is interesting how the players are burned at the stake for what is actually sloppy/poor work by Turdbine staff.  Some are fixed quickly, others are fixed eventually and some never fixed.  What are we to make of that then?
Duping has been around for over a month now - what is Turdbine saying to us?   You're very bad if you do it, but we can't be bothered to, or aren't capable of, fixing it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 10:39am:
Duping has been around for years now

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

KingLurker
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Ok here's my 100th Mr.Smartass... i'll try to be polite and in simple english for 2 reasons .
a) i can't use more advanced due to my limitations as it's not my mother-language as we call it
b) so that you can understand without been able to provide some kind of semi-serious troll.

Wall of text

You claim that duping is p2win and that it is destroying in one way or another the game.

Random exploit when level cap was 16 dear funboy...Harry was getting stuck, non-responsive and u could EASILY complete the quest and acquire materials for said greensteel.  Items that even sooo many years later are considered still good enough to be used as leveling tools on heroics and even on epics..  Way more game-breaking than duping fucking tornado bottles. You will need 3 backpacks to kill damn harry on elite with those.

Continuing, let's take the duped ingredients/collectables/cookies etc etc, whatever u can dupe.
Turdbine offers w/o a grain of logic behind it, Overwhelmingly strong materials without a safelock...i am talking about cards. You can create a level 1 toon and even by leveling to 4 - be absolutely legit- u can have free cards. Via Transfers on other servers i was able to acquire like that hundreds of cards,i was getting 100 per day while the event was going on, i had no reason to dupe the fucks, apart from cards like 9+10, also from legit buying from other players i was able to increase my stack of cards daily by the dozens. Thus having access to 50% pots, tornadoes, sup.mnemonic pots etc. Now if u go and dupe 100 of number 10s for example and make 50 huge bags for ur alts is that the game breaking? Cause u have moooar space for crap to loot?...
If i have let's say 5000 of each GS /Alchemical ingredient....will i disturb the for..balance i mean? Hardly in my eyes.

If i dupe all fucking collectables in the game...like 1000 skulls, or the "valuables" eberron dragonshards, oh oops, i already have 50% pots..so 20% are a joke to mention.then..shrines! AHA!, oh cards offered that already...then... Trinket for sp!!! oh ..cards have better..then..Trinkets for CSW!!!!.....get a life.
Maybe the alchemical ritual ones? Fuck off, AH is full'o those and platinum these days has the same value as rocks, no i mean long before duping could make it lose even more of its value.

Cookies aha! now i have unlimited blur..oh wands..last longer...Fireshield..but ..have clickies,pots,scrolls...then the unique ONE Minute  LONG, rage of the 1000 ants or bears..+4 con..or the profane bonus one..oh can't cast coccoon..dying..dead..nice, fuck off...
Ok then, cookies, collectables is meh, and some ingredients also..but new raid stuff!!! Oh people already in Mother forums are flaming about the 0.0000001 drop rates...So u acquired faster the said item than dev's were intented...like 2 years earlier...now u can enjoy the game...oh also find out the bugs the new system had - neg levels on bosses , rememeber?-...

What else did you dupe that changed the balance...wtf did we had any kind of balance before to start with?.....oh unlimited sigil/shield/tapestries..../clap /clap /clap ...

Unlimited augments! Now that was a serious one, u had 1 person buy it from store and then mass produce for the server to have for free... Yeah but u lost the right to claim ur uberness for been the 1st,2nd ...5th ...2000th to have a meridian fragment/golem's heart..oh there was 1 in AH already..or in a guildies backpack....

Unlimited tomes +3 stat/+4 skill...that's bad...u can have +4 swim and listen for all ur toons...noooooo ur barb will become overpowered now....

I still believe although i loved at 1st the idea of the cards, that it was too much too give for free.There should be some limitations...when u could collect EVERYTHING that can be duped by the hundreds in a legit way...just needed to be dedicative on what u r doin.....i fail to see that duping is either pay to win, or affects ur playing hours, playing style, playing partners etc.
IDIOCY on the other hand affects everything above...if u run on an idiot that he is doing shits he deserves to get banned...do that with ur buddies who are similar minded..do not be a dick and play tornado-holic...

All in all, dupe = p2w...hardly..if u know how to play u have nothing to gain from that shit..it's just Convenient to save hours of mindless grind...yes it is p2-not-grind..that it is.
People were able to survive up till now w/o those...those who rely on said items...are trying too hard on an out of limits area - e.e. quests, e.h. quests,raids , bank toons that should stay at marketplace at best etc-.
I am lucky enough to not have seen one of those idiots in any of my pugs, but i would laugh my ass if i saw one...just sit back let em have their fun and if u disagree with their plain stupidity roll on on another stupig filthy pick up group. Do not try to be even more stupid than them and have YOUR way on them...

Enjoy ur day

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #40 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 7:38am:
I swear to lives of all kittens, I have seen Tornado used twice.
Elite Deathwyrm by useless Bard who literally couldn't kill one Shadow without dying.
Another one in elite Shroud by idiotic Shiradi sorcerer in part 2. It wasn't speeding up the process at all either.

Dammit!!

The kittens live on.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #41 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Someone started spamming tornadoes in an EN Devil Assault run yesterday (I saw it and the leader was looking for tokens, so I am assuming it was not them but the other person, and strangely it happened when their monkcherish build started getting outkilled by my exploiter build with no gear). I have no idea what they actually did apart from shake the screen some, since they seemed to have a lovely knack not to throw them when mobs were about to spawn. Smiley

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 2:22pm:
exploiter build

whats that?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 4:04pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

KingLurker
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
heh funny that the post was last edited on 2011....by tolero

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 4:04pm:

But it's not even exploiting anything?

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #46 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Aug 16th, 2014 at 8:57pm:
Yeahhh, probably not lack.

But if duping wasn't possible there would be way more lfms to run the raids, I don't pug very often but it would've been better for the general population.

Funny enough I'm pugging more now than I used to.. With the duping I'm not focussed on loot and xp anymore, so now I just play for fun.. haven't been pissed when loggingout since dupalooza started..
And I was on the breaking point of quitting for good - not just a break. A long time freind of mine quit because of bugs and grinding for stuff..

And really.. Tornadoes is going to break the game? So far I'veonly seen people use it in ghost of perdition.

So I'll join the club... OP... You're gay and retarded.. Now GDIAFWTOP!
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2014 at 6:32pm by Ugg the Unwise »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #47 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 3:20pm:
whats that?

Oh, you sweet summer child. I think itis at least 5 years old. 18 ranger, 1 monk, 1 rogue. Smiley

IP Logged

DropBear

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #48 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 12:23pm:

True.  I failed to explain well enough.
Sorry, I was referring to the current round of Dupapalooza 5.
Previous Dupa's have been closed relatively quickly once word got out, but this one is different.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 6:58pm:
True.  I failed to explain well enough.
Sorry, I was referring to the current round of Dupapalooza 5.
Previous Dupa's have been closed relatively quickly once word got out, but this one is different.

This one involves their new pay for space upgrades tab. Which many did. They wont disable those again. And they cant screw up UI any worse. Theyre out of options.

Terebinthia wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 6:57pm:
Oh, you sweet summer child.

Are you hitting on me? How old are you?
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2014 at 7:30pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint