Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lamannia Quiver of Alacrity has -50 concentration (Read 12024 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Lamannia Quiver of Alacrity has -50 concentration
Reply #25 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
This is absurd, turbine has no clue what they're doing.  Balancing classes ad hoc through ridiculous item changes?  C'mon turbine devs, if you want to nerf monks then just do so.  Don't tiptoe around the issue, it just makes you look ridiculous.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2014 at 5:51pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #26 - Aug 22nd, 2014 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
What's your point? Everybody knows they are ridiculous...

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
I somehow don't get it why this item would be too overpowered for monkchers but isn't too overpowered for melees. o.O
I mean... this -50 conc also hits melee monks, so monks in general are too overpowered?

Only because most endgame melees splash monk? This probably changes with the prr and mrr changes anyways. o.O

Probably as intelligent as the change to the dice and card cruncher, making them bankable and restrict not bankable items from going into bags. o.O
Or did I miss some important items which are not bankable and go in bags and could be duped this way? o.O

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #28 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 11:50am
Print Post  
The quiver is still viable, just need to do some work arounds.  I am not sure if there are concentration augments since I never invested in one, but may be time to look for a way to get some extra concentration to offset the -50. 
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2014 at 11:51am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Lemming
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #29 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Aug 25th, 2014 at 11:50am:
The quiver is still viable, just need to do some work arounds.  I am not sure if there are concentration augments since I never invested in one, but may be time to look for a way to get some extra concentration to offset the -50. 

Yeah there are concentration augments in the game (max is +15 ML 28) and concentration items ofc (+20). So you are still with -30 penalty.

So meh.

Some builds could use it maybe (those with 0 UMD and no yellow bar).
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2014 at 12:08pm by Lemming »  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #30 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I am not really seeing anything on this that makes it a must have item.  So probably just go with EE poison quiver regardless of the -50.

I will still play with some things on Lam tonight to see how much I can offset the -50.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
UNTIL SOMEONE IMPARTIAL AND PREDETERMINED LIKE DROPBEAR TESTS YOUR "SHARD" EXPLOIT AND IT WORKS... IT IS ALL JUST ANOTHER OLLIE BULLSHIT EXPLOIT HE CANNOT BACK UP.

BUT IT WON'T WORK!! WHICH IS WHY HE WONT LET DROPBEAR OR SOMEONE IMPARTIAL AND PREDETERMINED LIKE HIM TEST IT.

SO?? ANOTHER OLLIE BULLSHIT CLAIM EXPOSED.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #32 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I tested a few things briefly.  It looks like the best option if you really want to use that quiver is to twist in enlightenment.  Personally, the boots of the innocent offer the same speed bonus with no penalties.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #33 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Played with the quiver and some ways around the -50 conc.  I used a +20 item (i think belt of thoughtful remem) and twisted in enligtenment.  I was able to get around 30 base (+0 regen) taking my 78 conc down to 28.

That being said, it is a lot easier to just wear the boots of the innocent and get the same speed bonus.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that's why I don't get why Turbine is putting -50 concentration on that item. This affects more builds that monkchers and I don't see that monkchers would be much better off with that quiver. o.O

I mean... is this quiver only meant for pure ranged and melee toons? Every toon who plans to use scrolls from time to time, even if there are still some mobs around, might get problems with this quiver. o.O

And the wiki says the speed bonus would work for ranged only... if ranged toons are bad enough that they deserver to get an additional item slot with useful enhancements... why not just buff this fighting style instead of making sure an item is only useful for very few players who have non monkchers ranged toons. o.O

Really I don't get why someone is putting time into making a quiver with such restrictions... -.-

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #35 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
I don't think they often realise the reach of their changes. That's what Lam should be for and perhaps it'll change.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 2:16pm:
melee toons?

They took out the melee alacrity from the item. At least from description. i didnt test character sheet or swinging without it and with it.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #37 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
I say remove the -50 conc, if they really have a bug up their ass about monkchers, make rangers chaotic only.  If I remember right, originally in D&D, rangers were only able to be chaotic anyways.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:30pm:
They took out the melee alacrity from the item. At least from description. i didnt test character sheet or swinging without it and with it.

Just mentioned melee because the sneak attack might appeal some melees, especially if it really scales with melee power.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #39 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:30pm:

SwashbucklerHater wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:48pm:
Just mentioned melee because the sneak attack might appeal some melees, especially if it really scales with melee power.

the quiver is strictly Ranged Speed as of u23 Build 2. It will have no appeal to melee toons, other than the SA dmg. Which in and of itself is perfect, because quiver is a wasted slot on melee anyhow. That is of course, if they do not code the quiver to proc only on ranged hits, similar to the fury of wild dmg is only on melee hits

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #40 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:35am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:52pm:
the quiver is strictly Ranged Speed as of u23 Build 2. It will have no appeal to melee toons, other than the SA dmg. Which in and of itself is perfect, because quiver is a wasted slot on melee anyhow. That is of course, if they do not code the quiver to proc only on ranged hits, similar to the fury of wild dmg is only on melee hits

So... it's a Speed XV but only for ranged? Only 15%? I thought it would be at least 20% - 22%. What the fuck is a point of this useless crap?

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #41 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:35am:
So... it's a Speed XV but only for ranged? Only 15%? I thought it would be at least 20% - 22%. What the fuck is a point of this useless crap?

iirc, even with haste, in the character sheet it says 15% for ranged speed.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #42 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:53am
Print Post  
Ohfaq wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:46am:
iirc, even with haste, in the character sheet it says 15% for ranged speed.

Spell maybe providing 15% but Blinding Speed has 22%

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint