Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Love For Divine Crusader Epic Destiny... (Read 6871 times)
FTL
Waterworks Kobold

The Love For Divine Crusader Epic Destiny...
Aug 24th, 2014 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
... I just don't get it at all? What makes this ED so good? No I am not trolling and yes this is a genuine question I really don't see it.

I have a FvS / Pally build on live atm (yes I know pretty common split) and since it seems that the ship has sailed on Legendary Dreadnaught I figured it's time to switch. The toon is obviously melee based using TF Falchion(s) so a load out on the ED and twists would be appreciated folks Smiley

TIA and discuss Smiley

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: The Love For Divine Crusader Epic Destiny...
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
more crits

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Healing and fire+bane damage from consecrated ground that also boosts your damage by 10%. The fire damage scales with fire spell power. Zeal, increased crit range, and Strikedown and Full BaB.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Simply put, LD is a very linear destiny that's only ever been popular for it's epic moment. 

Assuming you've already got hasteboost and damage boost, the best things left in LD are the two cleaves, they're easily twisted and outside of blitz there's nothing really left in the tree that's awesome.

Compare a centered divine crusader with 4 twists:
Sense Weakness
Lay waste
Momentum swing
A dance of flowers

With a centered Dreadnought:
Sense weakness
???
???
A dance of flowers

Momentum swing and lay waste are awesome for melee's and outshine most other tier 3/2 twists.

Now that half the power has been taken from blitz and granted to all melee all the time, sticking with the LD tree offers a lot less than it did previously.

Look at the divine crusader abilities:
  • Zeal of righteous
  • Castigation
  • Heavenly presense
  • Celestial champion
  • The consecration chain

They're all great abilities that made the pre a viable alternate to LD before the shift in power.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2014 at 5:37pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
I have Damage Boost from the Human tree but no Haste boost but I am perma Hasted so that's something at least. Going to have to look at my enhancements since I have the T5 Divine Power from Warpriest which is pretty redundant at 28 if I stay in DC. Also I never use scrolls for healing since I twist Cocoon so that frees up 3AP from Wand and Scroll Mastery.

Devastating Critical is pretty nice from LD Smiley and I don't have the 4th twist slot Sad

Hmm decision decisions...
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2014 at 5:49pm by FTL »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Aug 24th, 2014 at 5:47pm:
Devastating Critical is pretty nice from LD

Quote:
Celestial Champion : +1 Critical Threat Range with all weapons (does not apply to handwraps or while in an animal form). When you critically hit with an attack, you gain a stack of Celestial Fervor. A stack of Celestial Fervor grants you +1 Enhancement Bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot chance. Stacks up to 10 times, with a duration of 6 seconds.

better than devastating critical imo.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Ah yeah just a bit I think Smiley looks like I'm gonna have to get creative with the planner or something and figure out how to move shit round that I don't use.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
o Haste boost

Stacks with everything including Haste spell or Goatskins etc.

the T5 Divine Power from Warpriest which is pretty redundant at 28 if I stay in DC

Probably better off taking another tier 5 anyway. Full BaB isnt good enough on it's own for a tier 5. Unless you went pure or small splashes under 5. Even then can probably get better mileage out of build spreading APs around elsewhere. Scroll Tensers for the BaB or Divine Power spell to save on AP and get a different tier 5.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #8 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Yeah I just can't seem to find anywhere to get it from except from LD which is a little annoying. T5 DP was handy for leveling since it gives +6 STR too but again at level 28 it's pretty redundant to say the least.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 8:25am
Print Post  
I run in Divine Crusader most of the time now on my wolf-form 15/3/2 build.  It's just amazing, even without the extra crit threat (because wolf).  Strike Down (the T5 cleave attack) is just disgusting, particularly on a group of helpless opponents (yay Soundburst!), the extra damage, sp and hp are nice, having hp healed every time you kill something is awesome and Zeal of the Righteous combined with Consecration is beyond ridiculous.

If you are a melee with reasonable sp pool, heal amp, devotion and fire spellpower, Divine Crusader is brilliant.  Not a one-trick pony like several other destinies.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Aug 25th, 2014 at 8:25am:
If you are a melee with reasonable sp pool, heal amp, devotion and fire spellpower, Divine Crusader is brilliant.  Not a one-trick pony like several other destinies.

Yes I am rapidly coming round to the idea of Divine Crusader being my new ED either now or at least once U23 arrives.

IP Logged

barcelot
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
UNTIL SOMEONE IMPARTIAL AND PREDETERMINED LIKE DROPBEAR TESTS YOUR "SHARD" EXPLOIT AND IT WORKS... IT IS ALL JUST ANOTHER OLLIE BULLSHIT EXPLOIT HE CANNOT BACK UP.

BUT IT WON'T WORK!! WHICH IS WHY HE WONT LET DROPBEAR OR SOMEONE IMPARTIAL AND PREDETERMINED LIKE HIM TEST IT.

SO?? ANOTHER OLLIE BULLSHIT CLAIM EXPOSED.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
UNTIL SOMEONE IMPARTIAL AND PREDETERMINED LIKE DROPBEAR TESTS YOUR "SHARD" EXPLOIT AND IT WORKS... IT IS ALL JUST ANOTHER OLLIE BULLSHIT EXPLOIT HE CANNOT BACK UP.

BUT IT WON'T WORK!! WHICH IS WHY HE WONT LET DROPBEAR OR SOMEONE IMPARTIAL AND PREDETERMINED LIKE HIM TEST IT.

SO?? ANOTHER OLLIE BULLSHIT CLAIM EXPOSED.

Someone is itching to get banned.  It never ceases to amaze me how few rules there are here and yet people can still be such dumbasses that they can't get it.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #13 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 25th, 2014 at 4:54pm:
Someone is itching to get banned.  It never ceases to amaze me how few rules there are here and yet people can still be such dumbasses that they can't get it.

Seems to me I have been having issues with these forums since he started spamming!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint