Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Vol raid on Lamm (Read 26114 times)
Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Re: Vol raid on Lamm
Reply #125 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:20pm:
Probably not WAI tho, I don't think it will be soloable on live cause of the encases, but on Lamannia you can just ------  while encased and you'll be released.

damn it, why did you say that..

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #126 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 6:57am:
Yup, I'm gonna TR my comp/ecomp toon because of one quest.

just run it on your melees and wait for the next exploit to pass bound shit to your casters.  every update/patch gives you a 20% chance.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #127 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:31pm:
just run it on your melees and wait for the next exploit to pass bound shit to your casters.  every update/patch gives you a 20% chance.

and this stacks with other bonuses!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #128 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:56pm:
and this stacks with other bonuses!

Grin Grin

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #129 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 1:39pm:
Is it going to be fun

No! No fun for anyone! We are all out of fun here!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #130 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 3:48pm:
No! No fun for anyone! We are all out of fun here!

I know. I am one of those weirdos who think about fun quotient Sad

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #131 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:11pm:
"shortmanned" maybe. Solo, impossible.  There needs to be one person at least on the center platform or else abbot will summon you back to said platform.

Pet doesnt work?

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #132 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 5:50pm:
Pet doesnt work?

Did it die? Has to be living

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #133 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Did you try?

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #134 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 6:28pm:
Did you try?

Not at all.. why would i try such a thing like that..  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Expinst
Epic Poster

EU gamer.

Reply #135 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 2:20pm:
I've been doing some testing and it is possible to solo it. You can go through the DD and hit the death knight a couple of times before you get teleported back. It took me about 7ish visits to the puzzle to kill each deathknight.

Probably not WAI tho, I don't think it will be soloable on live cause of the encases, but on Lamannia you can just jump while encased and you'll be released.

or you can run it on divine crusader.

None of this shit really matters.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #136 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Expinst wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 8:41pm:
or you can run it on divine crusader.

I don't play any character on Lamannia that would benefit from Divine Crusader, but yeah, that would work too.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 1:52am
Print Post  
So, I got on Lam today for the first time ever, evar.

Did some bullshit first lifer because I couldnt be bothered with all the log in and copy crap. Took a human 15P/3M/2Rge staff build in pajamas. The dps was sick, my PRR was meh-mid 90s, MRR 50. HPs were kinda low under 900. Ran necro 4 in Divine Crusader on EE with rando group of 2 others. Wasnt used to quells turning off my healing in epics. Died twice to those bishes after getting hit with intercession each time.

The new Melee Power change is silly. But youre going to need it for Abbot. We got a decent shortman crew of 4 people, including Klorox, and some other people I didnt recognize. We stepped in on EE. The 4 of us. We're that crazy. We didnt even get up to Lady Vol spawn They did DDoor rooms, I kited entire platform while Abbot was his dickish self spamming MM, and Disintegrate. Inferno without Spell Absorption is nuckin futs. After getting our asses handed to us, we throw up an EN lfm. Almost a full group. Tethx was kind enough to join in.

we wiped like 5 times before a really long and hard cheese win. We used the Teleport to platform bug off reentry Tongue

Each run had like a 100 deaths. On normal. Of course we all got skunked on loot for further rub ins. Yes, I know it is lama, but I wanted a shiny!!

The death clouds are mildly dangerous. Easily avoidable despite the sheer chaos in there. The quells and beholders could be played around as well. The Inferno was a different story. It caused the most deaths. Drained all the SP. Sticks you with a curse that ticks for 200~ damage before absorb/resistances. We had no strategy for Inferno and just stood on platform like idiots. I had no PLIS/Jeweled Cloaks either. Was hella fun. 10/10 would try again. Highly recommend.    
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2014 at 1:53am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #138 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 1:52am:
Each run had like a 100 deaths. On normal. Of course we all got skunked on loot for further rub ins. Yes, I know it is lama, but I wanted a shiny!!

Yeah, doesn't sound like fun to me at all. I don't think I'll bother to run it until ppl have figured out the kinks. Smiley I prefer to learn from others, than from my own mistakes.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #139 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:23am
Print Post  

Did some bullshit first lifer because I couldnt be bothered with all the log in and copy crap. Took a human 15P/3M/2Rge staff build in pajamas. The dps was sick, my PRR was meh-mid 90s, MRR 50. HPs were kinda low under 900. Ran necro 4 in Divine Crusader on EE with rando group of 2 others. Wasnt used to quells turning off my healing in epics. Died twice to those bishes after getting hit with intercession each time.

The new Melee Power change is silly. But youre going to need it for Abbot. We got a decent shortman crew of 4 people, including Klorox, and some other people I didnt recognize. We stepped in on EE. The 4 of us. We're that crazy. We didnt even get up to Lady Vol spawn They did DDoor rooms, I kited entire platform while Abbot was his dickish self spamming MM, and Disintegrate. Inferno without Spell Absorption is nuckin futs. After getting our asses handed to us, we throw up an EN lfm. Almost a full group. Tethx was kind enough to join in.

we wiped like 5 times before a really long and hard cheese win. We used the Teleport to platform bug off reentry Tongue

The death clouds are mildly dangerous. Easily avoidable despite the sheer chaos in there. The quells and beholders could be played around as well. The Inferno was a different story. It caused the most deaths. Drained all the SP. Sticks you with a curse that ticks for 200~ damage before absorb/resistances. We had no strategy for Inferno and just stood on platform like idiots. I had no PLIS/Jeweled Cloaks either. Was hella fun. 10/10 would try again. Highly recommend.    

DId you enjoy vols aoe blue aura Cheesy

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #140 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:06am
Print Post  

Bro, I read your thoughts on content being challenging prior to this and fair enough.
But that doesn't sound like fun at all sorry.  It sounds like anarchy!   Grin
I guess being on Lamm, people don't care, but i hope it doesn't come to Live without some rework.

I'm not in any hurry to play it yet.... Undecided

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 5:09am
Print Post  

we wiped like 5 times before a really long and hard cheese win. We used the Teleport to platform bug off reentry 

Sounds fun actually. But we should get a Shrine AT LEAST in EE.

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #142 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 5:09am:

Shut the fuck up. This raid is meant to be played by paladins only.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #143 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 5:16am
Print Post  
Ra wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 5:15am:

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 5:09am:

Not sure how you will shrine in that mess, even if a shrine was provided.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #145 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 7:37am
Print Post  

Death clouds are easily avoided if no lag, if not landing in them upon reentry, if not casted on you while you are blocked in place (raising someone e.g.) etc.
For inferno -  you could jump in the water, atm it's not that deadly (ticks for 100-150 dmg). Though devs said it will be changed to instakill or smth close, for the next release.
There are also safespots, not really reliable for totally avoiding the damage, but usually enough to survive. (was posted on ddo forums, so don't get overly excited)
You can get magestar in cabinet 28 for some spell absorption on a new toon.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #146 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 7:37am:
will be changed to instakill or smth close

Yikes...

safespots

We devised a retreat and regroup tactic using the entrance ledge just after the entrance lockout. Swimming out to it for raises.

Limpgimp wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 7:25am:
Not sure how you will shrine in that mess, even if a shrine was provided

Not on platform. Would have to be in DDoor rooms.

t magestar in cabinet

I had it. Upgraded with 10 charges, I even clicked every cabinet until I got 2 Beholder Optic nerve necklaces. Inferno drains Magestar really fast.

Ra wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 5:15am:
meant to be played by paladins only.

Anything with SF pots, actually.  Intercession, Anti-magic, SP drains stops every type of healing used commonly on live currently.

DropBear wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:06am:
But that doesn't sound like fun at all sorry

Was the most fun I ever had on Epic Normal anything. It's harder on Normal than Thunderholme is on Elite. Bonding experience when you go in with group 6 times over. We laughed, we cried, we made fun of each other. Good times.

Vendui wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:23am:
DId you enjoy vols aoe blue aura

After a while she started spamming the cloud circles as if she was trying to form an Olympic symbol. 3-4 at a time in a cluster. She also starts using her Mark of Death that sends blue shockwaves across entire platform. Silly Vol is silly.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #147 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 8:38am:
Yikes...

Because at the moment doing tiles is pointless, and actually more dangerous than outright swimming to the ddors.

We devised a retreat and regroup tactic using the entrance ledge just after the entrance lockout. Swimming out to it for raises.

Ah, so that perch is working? I tried it only solo and was teleported back, didn't try it after the puzzles were done. Hmm, this opens some cheese possibilities then, I think.

Not on platform. Would have to be in DDoor rooms.

Fair enough, but then this opens the possibility that the room could be used to avoid inferno/blue wave, unless it's open for only a very limited amount of time or it is hard/time consuming to reach.

I had it. Upgraded with 10 charges, I even clicked every cabinet until I got 2 Beholder Optic nerve necklaces. Inferno drains Magestar really fast.

I used PLIS, jeweled and magestar, all were drained at some point.

Anything with SF pots, actually.  Intercession, Anti-magic, SP drains stops every type of healing used commonly on live currently.

Yeah, ironically a fleshie with heal amp feels more survivable in there (especially if you can block the neg level drain).

The raid is indeed a lot of fun (mixed with a hefty dose of frustration).

P.S. Firepeaks EE was quite brutal too, when the orbital bombardment was there,

« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:32am by Limpgimp »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #148 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:32am
Print Post  
SF pots on cleric are something I have been looking forward last 5 years.
Fuck me.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #149 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:24am:
Ah, so that perch is working? I tried it only solo and was teleported back, didn't try it after the puzzles were done. Hmm, this opens some cheese possibilities then, I think.
Few of us stayed on platform to stop teleport trigger. We did this after majority of party died threatening yet another wipe.

PLIS, jeweled

Wished I had main copied over. 50 on PLIS, 25 on Cloak, 5 on Mirror Cloak. Need to get Magestar asap now on live.

Firepeaks EE was quite brutal too, when the orbital bombardment was there

yeah. I actually enjoyed that part of the raid. Shame it's gone, it makes it feel kind of boring now.

I'm going to fire up Lam client now. TR'd the pajama pally last night into a Heavy tank. Trying out the 3% doublestrike, 15% attack speed heavy armor. Frees up some gear slots and a feat for the raid. Dumanthion's Bracers for Resistance, E3BC FoM boots for fire absorb. I'll see how that works out though. I know stacking 3% doublestrike does not compare to DR30/60. Would be better off going with Blinding Speed feat i suppose.

SWF with Bastard sword spec'd ATM. I think it might beat out 2hf on pure pall builds. PSWF is why I think so. Namely Censure demons/outsiders and the level 18 capstone dealing 500 dmg on vorpals to undeads. SWF Bastard sword still gets 20% glancing blows, can be twitched with, and all the on hit procs with 30% speed should put it ahead.

« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2014 at 12:02pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint