Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lamannia Release Notes (Last Updated 8-28-14) (Read 14945 times)
Ckorik
Dragon Raider

N00b

Re: Lamannia Release Notes (Last Updated 8-28-14)
Reply #25 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 9:46am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:11am:
Strategic Combat II: You can use your Intelligence modifier for damage with Melee and Missile weapons.
Strategic Combat I: You can use your Intelligence modifier to hit with Melee and Missile weapons.

So.... a int based rogue focused on assassinate? 

This makes fighter/wizard hybrids even more impressive - I'm thinking the new TR train build is going to be wiz/fighter/whatever - self healing, firewall, int to damage/hit, displacement - what's not to like?

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Ckorik wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 9:46am:
So.... a int based rogue focused on assassinate? 

This makes fighter/wizard hybrids even more impressive - I'm thinking the new TR train build is going to be wiz/fighter/whatever - self healing, firewall, int to damage/hit, displacement - what's not to like?

That's an excellent point. Easily knock out wiz life on a melee that way. And probably stick with it bc OP.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 10:46am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:18am:
I should shouldnt I.  Unfortunately, I don't have the energy to do so.

You managed to find the energy to do so anyway. And, despite most of the posters calling you out on your obstructionists tactics you cling to citing data that is unbalanced. Your propagandist and selfish campaign of melees outclassing casters, based on the fastest quest time thread, is nothing more than a falsehood. The biggest error in your thinking is stating that non shiradis cannot get those times when compared to blitzers. That is incomparable. And fails purposely to account for non blitzers versus non shiradis, or even the more leveled instance of shiradis versus blitzers.

Your main line repeated in all 4 of your threads is that melee blitzers own most of the speed run records. And that casters cannot compete on a fair playing field. Which if we look at it that way without any critical discernment, would lead unaware readers to agree based on that false observation. The majority of those quests were designed for old end game and a case can be made that the majority of the quests are a disinterest to the end game population now. This is to say that many end game players currently do not care about those speed runs and most likely haven't even attempted them.

Even if the above statements by me are wrong, which I dont believe that to be the case in the slightest. Another more tangible argument would be that the current composition of end game quests are all almost exclusively owned by casters. When looking at Wheloon and Storm Horns, the hardest content currently available, there isnt even one melee among the record runs. They are all casters in shiradi. As a matter of fact you're in one of them spamming shiradi like a baws.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #28 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:25am:
I feel sorry for Sev.

I don't.

Melees are the lowest skill toons in this game. Playing them is both intellectually and physically lazy. They should exist in game -- for children, and for people who are simply too clumsy to be playing a game with an active combat system.

Sev's stated goal is to make them competitive with casters and monkchers -- toons which at least require a modicum of skill to play.

That, in conjunction with the fact he is trying to radically alter the game balance while clearly not having a fucking clue as to how things currently work, makes him one of the worst Turbine devs.

One. Of. The. Worst. Turbine. Devs.

Granted, there are things worse than that. Pedophiles. Mass murderers. Cordo. Still no one I would bother feeling sorry for.

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #29 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 5:06pm:
I don't.

Melees are the lowest skill toons in this game. Playing them is both intellectually and physically lazy. They should exist in game -- for children, and for people who are simply too clumsy to be playing a game with an active combat system.

Sev's stated goal is to make them competitive with casters and monkchers -- toons which at least require a modicum of skill to play.

Oh man don't tell that to Cletus VonShadeson over on live.  He is and will have conniptions.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #30 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 6:19pm
Print Post  

Funny, I always felt the same about most casters/caster splashes.  Made my wife a pale master/rouge toon for her to play cause she sucks at video games, I'd never expect her to be able to handle playing a melee.  Always figure casters were for our girlfriends to play.  Well, and dorks who got picked on in school so they can live their little fantasies of 'if I were magical you'd respect me.'

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

ZP
Waterworks Kobold

Zippy!

Reply #31 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 9:56pm
Print Post  

Items which are not bankable can no longer be placed into bags.

What does that affect?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Melees are the lowest skill toons in this game

that is because your skill level is low. not the character.

Skoodge wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 6:19pm:
Funny, I always felt the same about most casters/caster splashes.  Made my wife a pale master/rouge toon for her to play cause she sucks at video games, I'd never expect her to be able to handle playing a melee.  Always figure casters were for our girlfriends to play.  Well, and dorks who got picked on in school so they can live their little fantasies of 'if I were magical you'd respect me.'

dont tell him that. Youll hurt his feelings.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #33 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
"We've made an adjustment that now allows players to use the Mirror of Glamering on weapons and shields!"

me likes .....

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #34 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:47pm:
"We've made an adjustment that now allows players to use the Mirror of Glamering on weapons and shields!"

me likes .....

Make it like you're wielding dual Cloudbursts!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #35 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:52pm
Print Post  

me likes .....

It's supposed to work on everything visible... Helm, Armor, Goggles, Weapons, Shields.

there's some restrictions though... you can't glamor a dagger with a SoS, nor glammer a buckler into a tower shield. 

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Reply #36 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:57pm
Print Post  

But how do you apply that cosmetic look after getting the cosmetic item? There's no slot currently.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Oyster wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:57pm:
But how do you apply that cosmetic look after getting the cosmetic item? There's no slot currently.

There are 4 slots right now. Shield, weapon, helm, armor. They should have released this years ago. so fun.

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Reply #38 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:07pm:
There are 4 slots right now. Shield, weapon, helm, armor. They should have released this years ago. so fun.

My god... it's... beautiful...

Now my bard can run around without a fucking ship's wheel strapped to the forearm!

IP Logged

Fire Foot
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Turbine's measured power redistribution efforts = Power creep on steriods

Before:  I roll a d6

After: I AM MIGHTY!!!!!

Only problem? so is everyone else who can pay!  Koreatime here we come!!!

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #40 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:52pm:
there's some restrictions though... you can't glamor a dagger with a SoS, nor glammer a buckler into a tower shield. 

Lame.

I was hoping to be able to glamer a pair of Levik's onto main hand and off hand, then flap them whenever I winged.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #41 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:07pm:

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #42 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 5:28pm:

cba to read to the whole thing. what are excited to reach for our wallets for again?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:20pm:
cba to read to the whole thing. what are excited to reach for our wallets for again?

Mirror of Glamering. Each player now has 4 cosmetic slots. weapon, shield, and the original 2 of armor and head. The Mirror makes a cosmetic copy of anything in game. 245 TP per use in store. Cosmetic part retains BTA status.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #44 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:35pm:
Mirror of Glamering. Each player now has 4 cosmetic slots. weapon, shield, and the original 2 of armor and head. The Mirror makes a cosmetic copy of anything in game. 245 TP per use in store. Cosmetic part retains BTA status.

do the new slots have bonuses like the pre order mask from motu?
EDIT: yay for a newly implamented mechanic that is bound to be ridden with bugs we can take advantage of Tongue
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:43pm by FuckThisShit »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #45 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
So sexy.

Cormyrian Red with Red helm  SoS shaped THF Falchions

Assless Green light armor  while wearing good things.

STick builds swinging Staff of the Petitioner.

Swashbucklers who look like they have real shields ;p

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #46 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
So sad. I thought laughing at melees would generate more outrage. I obviously forgot to consider the fact that most people who play melees are probably illiterate, and hence were incapable of reading my post.

Still, I will just have to work with the outrage I received.

Skoodge wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 6:19pm:
Always figure casters were for our girlfriends to play.  Well, and dorks who got picked on in school so they can live their little fantasies of 'if I were magical you'd respect me.'

The last part seems unlikely. Melee players were likely the scrawny kids or the fat kids in school. They lacked the physical ability to defend themselves, and are now living out their pathetic fantasies of being some bad ass who runs around and beats the shit out of people, much like they had the shit kicked out of them all those years ago (and probably still do from time to time.)

The part about your girlfriends is just funny. Only a melee player would consider his right palm to be his "girlfriend".

Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 10:47pm:
that is because your skill level is low. not the character.

Sure, sure. With the new update, melees will be able to waddle up to mob(s), have their taped down mouse button taking care of the attacks, while rolling their fingers over a few buttons to generate some extra damage. That is some killer skill you guys have got going there.

That will leave you one arm free so you can spend "special time" with your "girlfriends".

DDO players are just about the laziest group of people I have ever encountered in my life. As a group, they always take the easy way out, which makes it unsurprising that they like to play melee toons in this game.

We are well into the phase of the game where Turbine is just milking stupid people for all the money they can. It is good business to give the stupid people playing melee toons a huge boost in damage, while making it virtually impossible for them to die in quests.

"We iz uber! We have skills!" Ka-ching!

Stupid undeserving fuckwits are easily played.

Not to worry. If this release is not enough to make melee players feel uber, Turbine will not be deterred. The next phase will allow you to simply click on the mob. The game will run you up to him, handle the auto attack (because taping the mouse button down or finding the existing auto attack featue is hard -- for melee players), and perform the added damage attacks without the key presses.

BadAss Melee universal enhancement tree -- 995 Turbine Points. You will be really uberz then!  Cool

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 5:45pm:
Sure, sure. With the new update, melees will be able to waddle up to mob(s), have their taped down mouse button taking care of the attacks, while rolling their fingers over a few buttons to generate some extra damage. That is some killer skill you guys have got going there.

I meant for live currently. You personally dont posses the skills to play one well. And blame it on the character.

DDO players are just about the laziest group of people I have ever encountered in my life. As a group, they always take the easy way out, which makes it unsurprising that they like to play melee toons in this game.

That's why the fastest raids and current end game quests are dominated by casters n ranged? right... Easy buttons would make this fact be false.

Just because you dont have the skills to play a melee doesnt make it the fault of the class.

Stupid undeserving fuckwits are easily played.

And still better than you. pathetic old man.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 10:46am:
You managed to find the energy to do so anyway. And, despite most of the posters calling you out on your obstructionists tactics you cling to citing data that is unbalanced. Your propagandist and selfish campaign of melees outclassing casters, based on the fastest quest time thread, is nothing more than a falsehood. The biggest error in your thinking is stating that non shiradis cannot get those times when compared to blitzers. That is incomparable. And fails purposely to account for non blitzers versus non shiradis, or even the more leveled instance of shiradis versus blitzers.

Your main line repeated in all 4 of your threads is that melee blitzers own most of the speed run records. And that casters cannot compete on a fair playing field. Which if we look at it that way without any critical discernment, would lead unaware readers to agree based on that false observation. The majority of those quests were designed for old end game and a case can be made that the majority of the quests are a disinterest to the end game population now. This is to say that many end game players currently do not care about those speed runs and most likely haven't even attempted them.

Even if the above statements by me are wrong, which I dont believe that to be the case in the slightest. Another more tangible argument would be that the current composition of end game quests are all almost exclusively owned by casters. When looking at Wheloon and Storm Horns, the hardest content currently available, there isnt even one melee among the record runs. They are all casters in shiradi. As a matter of fact you're in one of them spamming shiradi like a baws.

Most shiradi records are the result of getting lucky with joy of the queen.  Or even worse, actively fishing for joy of the queen.  This is in no way representative of shiradi or caster power.  The caster records that aren't the result of joy are almost assuredly due to lack of interest by end game melee players, as you say.  It's easy to hold the record when there are only a handful of entries. 

Not sure what you mean by your "end game population" comment.  The only end game I see currently is 1) raids and 2) artificially challenging yourself by running things really fast.  There are no 6 man quests that are currently end game. 
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2014 at 7:38pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
I don't.

That, in conjunction with the fact he is trying to radically alter the game balance while clearly not having a fucking clue as to how things currently work, makes him one of the worst Turbine devs.

One. Of. The. Worst. Turbine. Devs.

Granted, there are things worse than that. Pedophiles. Mass murderers. Cordo. Still no one I would bother feeling sorry for.

hahaha!!!  Nice. Loved your last bit there.

Uhm, I don't think melee is that simple. Yes, if all you do is auto-attack and click to move, simple. Yet melee have a bunch more options than that, including all kinds of clickable attacks and buffs (esp. if you have umd) and so on that are required to be effective.

I mean, anyone can play a mediocre character but it's difficult to get into that top 5%.

Also, I can solo EE stuff on my sorc no issues but really suck at melee - barely capable of doing EH (and when soloing would bring a hire). Maybe I'm a different kind of retard but to me that suggests that melee are more difficult.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint