Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Harper Enhancement Tree (Read 39167 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Harper Enhancement Tree
Reply #25 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:12am
Print Post  
you're all disapointing me... I expected a more traditional Vault reaction to it.  Embarrassed  Cry

Now instead of wasting my time here I'm left to watch webcams of an Islandic Volcano Eruption that doesn't erupt when I'm awake.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:14am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:12am:
you're all disapointing me... I expected a more traditional Vault reaction to it.  Embarrassed  Cry

Now instead of wasting my time here I'm left to watch webcams of an Islandic Volcano Eruption that doesn't erupt when I'm awake.

we dont even care anymore.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

tocaia
Korthos Resident

I see you there.

Reply #27 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 28th, 2014 at 8:58pm:
The tree is nice but they need to give VIP's 10 extra AP.  That would be awesome.

haha, so funny.

That int to damage... i see a different role in future for a high end intel char.... Smiley

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Erm. Turbine decided to make a p2w tree only instead of making a new Iconic Hero. Shit! I thought I was lazy at my job by cutting corners.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #29 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:19am
Print Post  
this tree isn't that OP that's why the reaction isnt so huge.

the Melee/Spell/Ranged Power is really good, the rest is pretty good but not really op compared to other good trees.

Int to damage? Who cares? If you cast spells with Int DC, you're unlikely to be fighting/ranging/throwing also.

I do think it opens up some interesting possibilities for builds, but it certainly doesn't make anything OP at first glance.

I mean, I guess the spell power does, there's no other way to get stacking overall +24% to your spell power to my knowledge, so that's a little troubling. Hopefully they will add Spell power to other caster trees.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #30 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:30am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:19am:

the Melee/Spell/Ranged Power is really good, the rest is pretty good but not really op compared to other good trees.

Int to damage? Who cares? If you cast spells with Int DC, you're unlikely to be fighting/ranging/throwing also.

I do think it opens up some interesting possibilities for builds, but it certainly doesn't make anything OP at first glance.

I mean, I guess the spell power does, there's no other way to get stacking overall +24% to your spell power to my knowledge, so that's a little troubling. Hopefully they will add Spell power to other caster trees.

The reason it's not getting a huge reaction is because AP are, for the most part, too limited in most builds already.  The stuff in this tree is nice, but there aren't a lot of builds that have a lot of spare room.  The biggest issue is figuring out what you are going to give up spend points in this tree.  Especially with the need to accumulate 30 points in a single tree. 

Used to be that some builds were feat starved, but AP strong.  Others had tons of feats, but the AP were very tight. 

Now, most all builds are AP starved. 

If they want to get more VIP, they should give VIP more AP to spend than premium/f2p players.  That would really kick up the subs.  An AP tree for VIP with a low TP cost for everyone else isn't going to move the needle any more.  For the VIP's or for the P2W crybabies. 

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #31 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:40am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:19am:

Int to damage would let rogues become purely int-based, and still have at-par dps. The pure int would allow for maximum skills and maximum assassinate DCs.

I agree that it isn't too OP, mostly because of the AP requirements. If they give harper-AP to VIPs only... well, that might just change the game a little. P2W will run amok.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #32 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:00am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:40am:
If they give harper-AP to VIPs only... well, that might just change the game a little. P2W will run amok.

Meh.  WF are free to VIP.  As are Monks and Druids.  But all of these can be purchased by TP for Premium.  I don't see how an AP tree is any different.  The P2W crying is just stupid.  You have to pay for Half Elf or Half Orc (or Arti or Fvs if you don't want to favor unlock) or Epic Destinies or any of the Iconics.  And people are really going to bitch about a for purchase Enhancement Tree?  (If you think it is VIP only with no ability to purchase separately for Premiums, try reading the release notes again.  It states clearly that it will be available for purchase in the DDO store.)

Some people confuse P2Win with P2Play.  An F2P game will always have things you have to buy to access all the features.  This shit isn't free to create, why should it be free to use?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #33 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:00am:
Meh.  WF are free to VIP.  As are Monks and Druids.  But all of these can be purchased by TP for Premium.  I don't see how an AP tree is any different.  The P2W crying is just stupid.  You have to pay for Half Elf or Half Orc (or Arti or Fvs if you don't want to favor unlock) or Epic Destinies or any of the Iconics.  And people are really going to bitch about a for purchase Enhancement Tree?  (If you think it is VIP only with no ability to purchase separately for Premiums, try reading the release notes again.  It states clearly that it will be available for purchase in the DDO store.)

Some people confuse P2Win with P2Play.  An F2P game will always have things you have to buy to access all the features.  This shit isn't free to create, why should it be free to use? 

Drives me fucking nuts how F2P players think they should be able to get everything for free from Favor unlocks, when Favor gives you fucking TP to buy things. Does it take longer? Maybe, but who gives a shit. If you play this game which you like to play you eventually get enough free TP to buy shit.

Pretty sure that's still free. Assholes.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #34 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:08am
Print Post  

I was referring to the suggestion that harper-AP be given to VIPs only.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:09am
Print Post  

You just pointed out examples where the Harper tree would work already in the frame work of the game, in example a new Iconic Hero.

The Devs have been whining that racial trees cannot be added to the game because they don't have time in their busy schedule, yet they pull this shit out.

Either one of those options would have worked for this generic tree without making yet another new thing instead of using an existing old thing.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #36 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:09am:
The Devs have been whining that racial trees cannot be added to the game because they don't have time in their busy schedule, yet they pull this shit out.

You expect consistency out of Turbine ?

The devs that stated that they couldn't do it were the devs from the previous group... they were too busy Ghostbanning the Loot ( even if one single dev is probably guilty of that ).
They always said that they didn't have time due to shadowfail, but that they were putting in place the tech to do it easilly.

The new crop of devs will do anything to push their pet project before the game is put into maintenance mode... since most of them are survivors that comes from AC, they know they have to pad the resume if they are hit by the layoff hammer. So anything highly visible with little effort will be done and the important invisible things ( like un-Ghostbanning the Loot ) will be left to rot.
On the same track : they prefer to make an universal tree instead of doing Basic class trees and/or real racial trees because it has a higher visibility ( and it has a higher Return on Investment for the beancounters breathing over their shoulder )

Oh and as you can see... contrary to what was said in the Lurker free by some mis-informed ultra-gay-seal there's no Arti/Rogue trapping stuff in that tree.  Grin

« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:26pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #37 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:24pm:

The devs that stated that they couldn't do it were the devs from the previous group... they were too busy Ghostbanning the Loot ( even if one single dev is probably guilty of that ).
They always said that they didn't have time due to shadowfail, but that they were putting in place the tech to do it easilly.

The new crop of devs will do anything to push their pet project before the game is put into maintenance mode... since most of them are survivors that comes from AC, they know they have to pad the resume if they are hit by the layoff hammer. So anything highly visible with little effort will be done and the important invisible things ( like un-Ghostbanning the Loot ) will be left to rot.
On the same track : they prefer to make an universal tree instead of doing Basic class trees and/or real racial trees because it has a higher visibility ( and it has a higher Return on Investment for the beancounters breathing over their shoulder )

Oh and as you can see... contrary to what was said in the Lurker free by some mis-informed ultra-gay-seal there's no Arti/Rogue trapping stuff in that tree.  Grin

So how long before maintenance mode?

Can you give us a number?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:24pm:

Hoping for consistency, but not expecting it.

I expect them to be lazy and this didn't disappoint. Why send time making new Iconic graphics when selling a single tree for a similar price for non-vip with less work?
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:53pm by Barkabout »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #39 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:30pm:
So how long before maintenance mode?

Can you give us a number?

2/3 more years... not much more.

By that time we should have a DDO 3 ( or whatever it's going to be called... NWO is DDO2 ), 5th Edition based.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:14pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:13pm:
2/3 more years... not much more.

By that time we should have a DDO 3 ( or whatever it's going to be called... NWO is DDO2 ), 5th Edition based.

I will pray Turbine has nothing to do with it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #41 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:30pm:

On one hand, Yes.  On the other hand, They made a pretty sweet game the first 3-4 years.  One of my favorites ever.

What company would you prefer to see handle it?  I've seen a lot of companies lay some pretty big eggs in the fantasy MMO genre, let alone the D&D IP.  NWO is a good example of a real turd.  I'm not sure if there is a truly sustainable MMO model that works beyond 6 years anyways.  All games seem to implode eventually.

IP Logged

GreenDragonShard
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
ouch, i misread the title as: herpes enhancement tree  Grin

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
free clinic for vip
others must pay

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #44 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:30pm:

That's up to Wizards more than Turbine, for good or ill.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #45 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
The amount of whinging about it is astonishing ...... I think every fucking wambulance ever made is attending to the flood of butthurt.

Don't care if it's useful or not but fuck me, shut the fuck up with the whining.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #46 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 1:19pm:
The amount of whinging about it is astonishing ...... I think every fucking wambulance ever made is attending to the flood of butthurt.

Don't care if it's useful or not but fuck me, shut the fuck up with the whining.

Grin Are you stupid?   Why the fuck are you here if you dislike butt hurt and whining? You should chone!
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2014 at 2:46pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #47 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 1:19pm:
wambulance

Classic Turbine fanboi word choice. What pathetic piece of fanboi shit are you? A quick google of the term in conjunction with DDO would give us a short list of candidates.

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #48 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 4:05pm:
Classic Turbine fanboi word choice. What pathetic piece of fanboi shit are you? A quick google of the term in conjunction with DDO would give us a short list of candidates.

probably used that word before the cumstain that was to become you was sat on but thanks for taking the time out of your busy day cleaning the jizz booth to comment ..... makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

P.S - a customary view of my posts would be all you need to see that I'm the furthest thing from a Turdbin fanboi, stop projecting, twat
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2014 at 5:56pm by Jelly_Muffin »  

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #49 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 2:45pm:
Grin Are you stupid?   Why the fuck are you here if you dislike butt hurt and whining? You should chone!

as for your dumbfuckery ass, I was talking about the motherforums but I know you didn't want to tax your weekend IQ to figure that out so I'll let you get back to your janitor training  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint