Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Harper Enhancement Tree (Read 39395 times)
Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Harper Enhancement Tree
Reply #75 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 8:22am:
Caps were removed.

Missed that

Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 8:22am:
It doesnt even come close. 175 PRR, 100 MRR, +6 Str/Con, +20% HP, 30/60 DR, beats out 25% dodge, and incorp. At least from my experience playing robes vs heavy.

Something like mnk 15/pal 3/fvs 2 can easily have 120ish prr (much more, in theory) and 55 mrr, with 23 dodge and 25 incorp, imp evasion and saves to back up that evasion.
So the difference in prr/mrr would be more like 50.
Kinda nitpicking, I agree that heavy armor feels better and easier to set up (on lama). TF heavy armor DR 30/60 is a big factor, without it, the situation would be more balanced imho.
Still, that doesn't make builds needing to stay in pajamas/light armor unplayable.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #76 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 10:35am:
Missed that

Something like mnk 15/pal 3/fvs 2 can easily have 120ish prr (much more, in theory) and 55 mrr, with 23 dodge and 25 incorp, imp evasion and saves to back up that evasion.
Kinda nitpicking, I agree that heavy armor feels better and easier to set up (on lama). TF heavy armor DR 30/60 is a big factor, without it, the situation would be more balanced imho.
Still, that doesn't make builds needing to stay in pajamas/light armor unplayable.

It's the old argument.

Oh no, these changes won't make my build (ironically, a cookie cutter build copied off some minmaxer in the forums) the best build out there ONLY forever!

Boohoo, these changes will make other classes that I don't play better! I R JEALUZ CUZ THEY SHOULD NOT GET BETTER EVER!!!

Ugh. Barcelot-level shit thinking.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 10:52am:
It's the old argument.

Oh no, these changes won't make my build (ironically, a cookie cutter build copied off some minmaxer in the forums) the best build out there ONLY forever!

Boohoo, these changes will make other classes that I don't play better! I R JEALUZ CUZ THEY SHOULD NOT GET BETTER EVER!!!

Ugh. Barcelot-level shit thinking.

I really hope heavy armor will stay a relevant option when U23 hits live. Ditto for pally.

With the amount of butthurt bullshit being posted atm on the official forums, I'm not sure this will be the case.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:20am:
I really hope heavy armor will stay a relevant option when U23 hits live. Ditto for pally.

With the amount of butthurt bullshit being posted atm on the official forums, I'm not sure this will be the case.

Yeah, I hope so too. It is kind of fun on Lam now that currently Evasion+dodge builds arent the only melees.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #79 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:20am:

That's just it. Barcelot probably made a whole lot of sockpuppet accounts.

I'm rooting for the changes. Heavy armour *should* offer better protection than pajamas.

And being the chosen protector of good *should* have some benefits, instead of being the gimpiest class of all time.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #80 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 7:05am:
For physical mitigation - robes will be capped at 100 prr, but you can have a shitton of dodge and possible 25% incorp which should kinda compensate for extra prr and the extra dr. Only problem, the damage for robe users will be more spiky.

That, of course, if the current PRR/MRR implementation will go on live as it is.

that just pissed me off a ton, my 150 prr robe user is gonna suck balls and im gonna go out of my way to stick it to turbine coz of it if they ever put this on live

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #81 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:55am
Print Post  
and no i couldnt care less if other build get better, in fact i will like it coz that means i dont have to drag their sore asses anymore, but limiting my prr is going out of their way to nerf me so others can feel a bit better, so fuck this shit Tongue

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #82 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:56am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:53am:
that just pissed me off a ton, my 150 prr robe user is gonna suck balls and im gonna go out of my way to stick it to turbine coz of it if they ever put this on live

dude. the cap was removed.

breath.

the pajamas aren't getting nerfed. the heavy armours and paladins are getting a buff.

You'll get to keep your pajamas. But you better get used to the idea that paladins are not gimp.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #83 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:58am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:56am:
dude. the cap was removed.

breath.

the pajamas aren't getting nerfed. the heavy armours and paladins are getting a buff.

You'll get to keep your pajamas. But you better get used to the idea that paladins are not gimp.

ok, offf what a relief

now i dont have to release every exploit i know Tongue

on a serious note now: im freakin glad pallys and heavy armour are gettin a much needed buff, what pissed me is the idea of everyone else being nerfed so they can feel like they got a buff without actually getting much of a buff if you know what i mean

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:53am:

See Rubbins post just below mine. Info on robes being capped to 100 prr was outdated. My bad.

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Reply #85 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
~ Versatile Adept is probably too good and should probably be 1/2/3 instead of 2/4/6. That's my bad, as I wrote up the tree early in the Melee Power cycle and didn't adjust. We will be looking for player feedback on these specific enhancements.
By Severlin

This decreases the appeal of the tree a lot, 12 melee/ranged/spell power is not that strong.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #86 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 11:58am:
now i dont have to release every exploit i know

Do it one a week. Start with useless crap already posted here and easily searchable. Threaten Turbine with OT ultimatums. Watch as others release better exploits in your own thread. "Release" one of those exploits as your own. Then never log in to that sock puppet again.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:23pm:
Do it one a week. Start with useless crap already posted here and easily searchable. Threaten Turbine with OT ultimatums. Watch as others release better exploits in your own thread. "Release" one of those exploits as your own. Then never log in to that sock puppet again.

#DoingItRight

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #88 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 4:23pm:

lolz this would be funny but not necessary anymore, turbine got scared before i even got mad Tongue

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Oh, they dropped the cap? Ok... so apart from some enhancements robe users are going to have nearly same prr/mrr like heavy armor users? So main difference is going to be a large oder tower shield?

So... the formula is going to change back to the 150 value?

Otherwise the whole mrr/prr ist just a reductiong of overal incoming damage for all toons which care about prr/mrr.
And Turbine is going to balance the new endgame content around these changes, so in the end it's just a power creep wheel Turbine is starting with this changes? o.O

I mean... I thought that already anyways, but at least I could see some reasoning behind it. Now Heavy armor users are only the 30 inherent prr/mrr + BAB bonus ahead of robe users? That's not going to be a big difference if robe users are already at over 100prr anyways...
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:39pm by SwashbucklerHater »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #90 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 10:35am:

you do realize with MRR, evasion becomes obsolete in most cases. With Imp Eva, you take half dmg on a fail. With MRR 105, you take 50% dmg, on a fail, save, whatever the fuck. The days of Evasion being the be all end all is over.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
before update 23 -

after update 23 -

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 9:38pm:
That's not going to be a big difference if robe users are already at over 100prr anyways...

Robe users arent going to hit 175+. And for robes to get 140 they sacrifice unless you get 9 epic divine+3 pdk past lives. Heavy isnt sacrificing anything for that 175 and if you have divine EPL+PDk youre breaking 210.

Currently PRR/MRR is applying after Resistances/DR/Absorption, on Lama. Not WAI.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that's why my question about the formula. Because 50% reduction (100prr) and 66%(200prr) isn't that much of a difference anymore. And if most players are not reaching 100 prr in robes anyways... why do they drop this restriction? o.O
Yeah, useless to have a restriction which is not needed, but it would make sure that no one is breaking their balancing with 150prr/mrr in robes + improved evasion( or evasion with good saves).

And sorry I didn't keep up with the changes on lammania because this whole prr/mrr change didn't seem to be anywhere near balanced before it's hitting live anyways.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 12:31am
Print Post  
I didnt realize they changed the prr tables.0o...

Before u23 a prr of 149 was needed for 50%. and to reach 66% 290 was needed. Currently it is 100 prr for 50% and 190 for 66%.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Yay more power creep and p2w. Horray for fun.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 12:31am:
I didnt realize they changed the prr tables.0o...

Before u23 a prr of 149 was needed for 50%. and to reach 66% 290 was needed. Currently it is 100 prr for 50% and 190 for 66%.

I think this is their biggest mistake in this update. People are reaching way too high PRR while sacrificing very little and still retain a godlike DPS.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #97 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:35am
Print Post  
If you already thought the game was to easy.  Then if getting easier is kinda a moot point isn't it?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:31am:
I think this is their biggest mistake in this update. People are reaching way too high PRR while sacrificing very little and still retain a godlike DPS.

Yeah, which is strange. Even if they cap your robe wearer it is still the same reduction % you had before if you got to 150. And either way if you could only get to 100 you get a buff and if you were at 150 you also got a buff with caps removed. Basically Imp evasion = 100 mrr, but if you have even slightest mrr and imp evasion you come out ahead against just 100mrr and a failed save.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #99 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 9:36am:
Yeah, which is strange. Even if they cap your robe wearer it is still the same reduction % you had before if you got to 150. And either way if you could only get to 100 you get a buff and if you were at 150 you also got a buff with caps removed. Basically Imp evasion = 100 mrr, but if you have even slightest mrr and imp evasion you come out ahead against just 100mrr and a failed save.

No.

The changes were to get armour-wearing toons AT PAR with pajama-wearing toons. And they might have just achieved that goal. This means that monks are no longer the chosen god-like posterboys boy-wonders of DDO.

It's about time that paladins get some love.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint