Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic another idiot has been banned ! (me :P) (Read 8395 times)
GreenDragonShard
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

another idiot has been banned ! (me :P)
Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
well... other than saying that i should have kept my mouth shut...

(i was aware about the fact than when u call a gm you also get checked, someone posted about this...)

what i did... was sending a private tell to someone, suggesting him to do something that requires some rare cards...

so i didnt spam in chat stacks of cards, i didnt wrote about exploit or duping... i just suggested to do something that would require some rare cards... and few seconds later... ban!

so i guess... now also talking about cards, or things that require rare cards in recipe is kinda at risk -.-'

well i always thought about me as someone "not talkative" in this case... i still talked too much -.-'

-------
here are some examples that i can think of...

talking about the red augments you can obtain with cards
talking about +3 stat tome and the fact you can obtain them with cards
talking about +4 skill tomes and the fact you can obtain them with cards
talking about 50% potion and the fact you can ...
talking about huge collectible, ingredient etc bag and the fact...
talking about raid bypass timers and the fact...
etc...

example of dialogue that will grant you a check/scan of your character:

why you keep using this augment, when you could get this one from card ?

instead collecting saga +3 skill tomes you could just get +4 skill tomes from cards

you said, you are filling up your ingredient bag... why dont you just get a huge green bag from cards ?

don't worry about that raid timer, they can be obtained from cards...

etc....
---------------------------------------------------------

well i hope what i wrote here may help ya Tongue
---------------------------------------------------
considering the fact that i will prolly get monitored in the future, instead of playing this fun (and addicting) game, i could as well go focusing on FINISHING all those single player games i piled up in years thanks to videogames magazines and p2p downloads... has been years i do not buy magazines with free games inside, or download videogames... still i have a ton of stuff i didn't even try yet...
that just clogs my 2 hard drives (1 is a backup one i run 1 or 2 times a year)

i play mainly games linked to my teen age, where i could use a computer only about 1 day and a half a week :/
so... 1997-2002 with something dating as far back as 1992 i think.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Re: another idiot has been banned ! (me :P)
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
GreenDragonShard wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:34pm:
well... other than saying that i should have kept my mouth shut...

(i was aware about the fact than when u call a gm you also get checked, someone posted about this...)

what i did... was sending a private tell to someone, suggesting him to do something that requires some rare cards...

so i didnt spam in chat stacks of cards, i didnt wrote about exploit or duping... i just suggested to do something that would require some rare cards... and few seconds later... ban!

so i guess... now also talking about cards, or things that require rare cards in recipe is kinda at risk -.-'

well i always thought about me as someone "not talkative" in this case... i still talked too much -.-'

-------
here are some examples that i can think of...

talking about the red augments you can obtain with cards
talking about +3 stat tome and the fact you can obtain them with cards
talking about +4 skill tomes and the fact you can obtain them with cards
talking about 50% potion and the fact you can ...
talking about huge collectible, ingredient etc bag and the fact...
talking about raid bypass timers and the fact...
etc...

example of dialogue that will grant you a check/scan of your character:

why you keep using this augment, when you could get this one from card ?

instead collecting saga +3 skill tomes you could just get +4 skill tomes from cards

you said, you are filling up your ingredient bag... why dont you just get a huge green bag from cards ?

don't worry about that raid timer, they can be obtained from cards...

etc....
---------------------------------------------------------

well i hope what i wrote here may help ya Tongue
---------------------------------------------------
considering the fact that i will prolly get monitored in the future, instead of playing this fun (and addicting) game, i could as well go focusing on FINISHING all those single player games i piled up in years thanks to videogames magazines and p2p downloads... has been years i do not buy magazines with free games inside, or download videogames... still i have a ton of stuff i didn't even try yet...
that just clogs my 2 hard drives (1 is a backup one i run 1 or 2 times a year)

i play mainly games linked to my teen age, where i could use a computer only about 1 day and a half a week :/
so... 1997-2002 with something dating as far back as 1992 i think.

Baldur's Gate is highly recommended.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
not enough information

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Call Turbine and tell the CSR that you were only talking about something, not doing something.  The people on the phone are usually pretty forgiving in my few experiences with them on other Turbine Points related matters.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:50pm:
Call Turbine and tell the CSR that you were only talking about something, not doing something.  The people on the phone are usually pretty forgiving in my few experiences with them on other Turbine Points related matters.

without us actually knowing the context of the conversation we cant offer that as a solution. for all we know, he said "hey i have 100 card X if u wanna buy some from me you can make 20 tomes of skill for 5 of your characters"

under those circumstances, i could understand why a GM would take a look at his inventory. and if he had 1000 of every card and every ingredient in the game, following that investigation, he earned what he earned.

i guarantee the conversaion was not nearly as ambiguous as the post he made

"ALL I DID WAS SAY SOMETHING TO SOMEONE ABOUT SOMETHING HE COULD DO WITH SOMETHING ELSE" AND IM FUCKING BANNED WITHIN MINUTES

im sure thats not how it worked out

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Everyone are so innocent when they are telling their story.

IP Logged

FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Reply #6 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
I didn't inhale

I did not have sexual relations.......With that woman.......

IP Logged

GreenDragonShard
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
as i said... i got an "inventory check" and of course i got caught...

my inventory wasnt "legit".

what got me a free inventory scan, was a sentence like this: why looking around for X when you can easily make it with cards

i didnt say i got tons of cards (and yes i had tons of cards)
i didnt talk at all about selling cards, or trading cards with him

i was bored and i just wanted to spend some time, and i did it in a futile chat... basically i told him he could "cleverly" get the particular thing he was looking for, using his cards... while a more clever thing could have been just being silent...

and prolly the most clever thing not going around with a card bag in inventory, and keeping the extra card on a very rarely logged in f2p mule account...

that's it...

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #8 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
and did u say that to your best ddo friend who you've partied with for years, or some random kid in marketplace who said /trade WTB +3 con tome PST

IP Logged

GreenDragonShard
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
someone i knew... for about 2 years, year more year less Cheesy

considering we were each in a different zone, doing different things... and i sent him a tell...

my only guess is: one of the two or both: or some players are being monitored, or some chat channels are being monitored...

(and nope, i didnt write anything about cards in the chat channel i mostly read it, i did usual replies and i sent that particular suggestion to him regarding cards in a private tell)
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2014 at 3:07pm by GreenDragonShard »  

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 3:46am
Print Post  
There should be a dumbass anonymous.  Place would be packed.

IP Logged

phasebot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Seems like your "friend" reported you.

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 6:00am
Print Post  
GreenDragonShard wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:47pm:
what got me a free inventory scan, was a sentence like this: why looking around for X when you can easily make it with cards

Old news.

Either you restrain yourself from bragging about cards, or you don't.
Sure there is a temptation to say something when you see a guy farming Epic Tokens or Heart Seeds or whatever you stopped doing months/a year ago. Resisting that temptation is what makes you a good exploiter. An exploiter who doesn't get caught.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 6:27am
Print Post  
How many days u got banned ? 2 weeks or more ?

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 7:31am
Print Post  
GreenDragonShard wrote on Aug 29th, 2014 at 12:34pm:

Let me get this straight... a person submits a ticket due to having an issue with a particular quest (it bugged out etc) you are saying that the person who sent the ticket automatically has his/her inventory checked and gone through before anything else! Talk about being guilty until proven innocent!

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 8:34am
Print Post  
As NOTSunnyshadow said, Baulders Gate is quite good. As is BG 2 and Icewind Dale Cheesy

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 8:44am
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 7:31am:
Let me get this straight... a person submits a ticket due to having an issue with a particular quest (it bugged out etc) you are saying that the person who sent the ticket automatically has his/her inventory checked and gone through before anything else! Talk about being guilty until proven innocent!

Can you imagine the work load?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #17 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 9:15am
Print Post  

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
phasebot wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 4:33am:
Seems like your "friend"

A common mistake. Unless you know the person in real life, no one you encounter in DDO is your friend. He is an anonymous stranger on the internet, about whom you know next to nothing.

I see a bunch of poor SOBs on the Turbine forums talk about their in game "friends" all the time. Only someone devoid of any real life friends would make the mistake of believing that some anonymous stranger on the internet is a friend.

Two of my real life friends (rarely these days) play DDO. I treat every one else I meet in this game as a random internet stranger, and I am sure it has saved me a ton of grief.

One of the primary things that Turbine sells is the illusion that some random internet stranger is your friend. Turbine engages in a plethora of shady practices, but the selling of "friendship" to poor lonely bastards who can't find any friends in real life (for rather obvious reasons) is the most disgusting of those shady practices.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2014 at 3:10pm by GermanicusMaximus »  

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #19 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 30th, 2014 at 3:07pm:
One of the primary things that Turbine sells is the illusion that some random internet stranger is your friend. Turbine engages in a plethora of shady practices, but the selling of "friendship" to poor lonely bastards who can't find any friends in real life (for rather obvious reasons) is the most disgusting of those shady practices.

i knew there was something fishy about this item!

photo hosting sites

edit: they also lied about it being a bracelet!!!
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2014 at 3:19pm by Ohfaq »  

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #20 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
It's also a good idea to avoid ppl who spam the trade/general chat with 'I'm looking for cards something and something'

IP Logged

GreenDragonShard
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 30th, 2014 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
about gm checking your inventory when you call them... i didnt have this happening to me, i just read here about someone who reported a player... and in the end they both got banned...

about my "friend"... he knew i had the cards, we helped each other during these years... even if we didnt group very often... he could have reported me many days ago, but he didn't, also nothing bad happened recently between me and him, so unless he illogically went mad or a parasitic alien from a faraway planet took control of his brain... he wouldn't have me reported.

according to someone who said that he got banned for receiving cards, 100, from mail, from someone who got banned 5 minutes earlier than the mail sent... i suppose gm "follow the money" i mean the social interaction, once a xploiter is caught or susptected, they may try to find which other people related to him/her may also exploit...

at this point... i am starting to think that even "passing all the epic tokens and greater epic tokens" to anyone in party may be something not to do, to avoid getting "revealed" Cheesy

as someone wrote here, it may be sad that someone if pushed into a "cruel" grind... but if the price to pay, to help him lesser the burden, would actually spot you... then better not to run the risk Cheesy

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 31st, 2014 at 3:44am
Print Post  
... the other party must have reported you for harassment.

If instead you had said, Come here, i'll give you the cards for you to crunch you probably wouldn't have had a week's ban. Or is it perma?

Also I report idiots pretty regularly, my inv. at this pointis definitely Not P.C. in fact for the most part it's populated by unused XP stones... I'm pretty sure I was also reported once. Yet never banned for anything other then telling someone something like "your mum screams FastFastFast when I fuck her in the ass" < the other party got a Perma ban since he was harassing a public chat....
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2014 at 3:52am by khyberkajiit »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint