Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic TR Game (Read 5786 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

TR Game
Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Thinking about taking a break and playing a different game.  Maybe a game created by people that didn't need 9 years to figure out how to make an in game map.

The one thing I love about DDO is the whole TRing thing.  Basically beating the game, then being able to go back and play again - a little stronger than you were before.  Other games you start over with nothing and no bonuses and that kind of blows and kills the replay-ability (in my opinion).

I was wondering if anyone knows or can recommend another RPG or role playing game that has a similar feature - if one exist.

Yes, this probably should go in another section, but no one reads those and I wanted some actual replies.  Thanks.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Re: TR Game
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:30pm:
Thinking about taking a break and playing a different game.  Maybe a game created by people that didn't need 9 years to figure out how to make an in game map.

The one thing I love about DDO is the whole TRing thing.  Basically beating the game, then being able to go back and play again - a little stronger than you were before.  Other games you start over with nothing and no bonuses and that kind of blows and kills the replay-ability (in my opinion).

I was wondering if anyone knows or can recommend another RPG or role playing game that has a similar feature - if one exist.

Yes, this probably should go in another section, but no one reads those and I wanted some actual replies.  Thanks.

trust me when i say there isnt one
i spent 2 years recently away from ddo and searched every fuckin corner of the internet for something like that and, well im back here aint i? Tongue

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #2 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:30pm:

It is pseudo text based but try Kingdom of loathing.  It had tr-ing long before ddo.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 12:50am
Print Post  
path of exile was pretty cool but i dont know how much its evolved or what state it is in today. it didnt have a never ending tr cycle when i played it but it had like 3 sets of play through and a unique trade system, like it had no money, only items. i figure after all this time theres got to be more than there was wen it was released. and its big 'selling' point is that it was the non p2w game. the only things that you could buy in the store was cosmetic shit. i would assume they stayed on that path. there was also a shit load of builds, no form of item binding that i recall, and many classes. im sure it would keep you busy.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 1:23am
Print Post  
I highly recommend Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Cross only has a second play through as far as I'm aware, but Trigger has 10 different endings, and the New Game+ feature allows you to keep. Your gear, and possibly level when you start over. And there are endings for which you'll need it!

IMHO, Trigger ties for "best RPG EVAR!" next to Final Fantasy 6.

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 2:02am
Print Post  
PoE is fairly fun in a lot of ways it is another diablo clone, but it is done well.  I do recommend it.

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 3:56am
Print Post  
Star wars the old Republic have some kind of legacy thing that adds to the same family.. Plus the play through its different with each class... F2p part is too restrictive though.
I believe Allods made a tr option as well as.. Rune.. Something.. Forgot the name.. But it has rune in it and is old.. Also f2p model.

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 4:00am
Print Post  
fr8o wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 2:02am:
PoE is fairly fun in a lot of ways it is another diablo clone, but it is done well.  I do recommend it.

it seems nice.
i wish i could use WASD to navigate at this kind of games, instead of click,click,click,click..
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:32am by Ohfaq »  

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:18am
Print Post  
when i was taking break i went for Secret world (no tring, but imho cool respeccing systém with rather lot character customizing options). and for solo one (with online coop option) - Borderlands:)

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Ohfaq wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 4:00am:
it seems nice.
i wish i could use WASD to navigate at these kind of games, instead of click,click,click,click..

So do I. Atleast in POE you can give up an attack key for movement, then simply point the mouse in the direction you want to go.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:27am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Ohfaq
Titan Demolisher

Nubz morghulis

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:26am:
So do I. Atleast in POE you can give up an attack key for movement, then simply point the mouse in the direction you want to go.

hmm
i'm not sure though that this would help with kiting and shooting/casting spells
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:57am by Ohfaq »  

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:38am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 6:45pm:
It is pseudo text based but try Kingdom of loathing.  It had tr-ing long before ddo.

I spent 5 years playing that thing  Undecided

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Ohfaq wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 5:36am:
i'm not sure though that this would help with kiting and shooting/casting spells

As someone who plays POE I can assure you that for me atleast, it was better than being forced to click to move.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Marvel Heroes 2015 doesn't use the arrow keys either for movement, you have to click with the mouse.

It drives me nuts/up the wall! Sigh Sad

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #14 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Dargon wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 1:23am:
Trigger has 10 different endings

19. some with only minor differences, some drastically different. Hands down greatest game ever made ever. Playing chrono trigger should be an officially enforced prerequisite for going to middle school.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Chrono Trigger is awesome, but new game+ is not equivalent to TRing.

Your characters do not reset at all...it's more like roflstomping Korthos at level 28.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:25am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 3rd, 2014 at 11:46pm:
Your characters do not reset at all...it's more like roflstomping Korthos at level 28.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1383578598

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:48am
Print Post  
very out there option - atitd - crafting based game set in ancient egypt. been around longer than just about everything

i also did the big hunt while quitting ddo for a while and found nothing worthwhile Sad

POE was fun but only for a while

Guild wars 2 looked amazing, but was so boring. just 3 buttons to hit over and over

Rift was amusing for a weekend

The secret world looks good

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #18 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Has anyone tried Elder Scrolls online?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

scythes
Dragon Raider

Vereor Messor

Reply #19 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
mine craft is the shit.lol

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #20 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
goldgolem wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 12:48am:
Guild wars 2 looked amazing, but was so boring. just 3 buttons to hit over and over

I like it because it's one of the few mmos where you play it because you like it and not because you want to grind for this or that, it feels so casual (casual good, not ddo casual) ..it's all just about the fun.

Skoodge wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Has anyone tried Elder Scrolls online?

A couple of guildies have tried it, it seems like fun but it has many exploits, the economy has been ruined since day 1 apparently.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #21 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
The economy was destroyed before everyone who wasn't head start had a chance to play. The exploit was talked about at large before release, but it was still released with the known exploit live. Within the first day of head start people were crafting the most powerful weapons and armor for level one toons up to vet rank 10. It was bad, and the exploit was similar to a few of ddos. 

I played for awhile, but the economy was ridiculous and the amount of hacking from mods was insane. I moved on after a month.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

scythes
Dragon Raider

Vereor Messor

Reply #22 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 6:59pm:
The economy was destroyed before everyone who wasn't head start had a chance to play. The exploit was talked about at large before release, but it was still released with the known exploit live. Within the first day of head start people were crafting the most powerful weapons and armor for level one toons up to vet rank 10. It was bad, and the exploit was similar to a few of ddos. 

I played for awhile, but the economy was ridiculous and the amount of hacking from mods was insane. I moved on after a month.

thats sad,i heard it was a good game

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #23 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 6:59pm:

yeah sorry about that dude Tongue

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #24 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 5:36am
Print Post  
scythes wrote on Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:03pm:
thats sad,i heard it was a good game

It was.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint