Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lamannia re-Open Look #3 (Read 10046 times)
Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Lamannia re-Open Look #3
Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Of Note:

•(NEW): Fury of the Wild

•Adrenaline has been converted from a straight damage boost to instead give Melee Power and Ranged Power. It now reads as follows:

•Adrenaline: You gain Druid and Ranger caster levels equal to your Fury of the Wild level if you have any levels in those classes. Gain 2 Adrenaline uses per rest. Consume 1 Adrenaline: Your next attack has +300 Melee Power and Ranged Power, and has +2 critical threat range and confirmation of critical hits. You are considered Raged until your next attack. You gain +1 melee Damage and +3 Melee Power per level of Fury of the Wild, including this one.
•Adrenaline II: Gain +1 Adrenaline use per rest. Consume 1 Adrenaline: Your next attack has +300 Melee Power and Ranged Power, and has +4 critical threat range and confirmation of critical hits. You are considered Raged until your next attack.
•Adrenaline III: Gain +1 Adrenaline use per rest. Consume 1 Adrenaline: Your next attack has +300 Melee Power and Ranged Power, and has +8 critical threat range and confirmation of critical hits. You are considered Raged until your next attack.
•Adrenaline Overload: +1 damage. Gain 1 Adrenaline use per rest. Consume 1 Adrenaline: Your next attack has +400 Melee Power and Ranged Power, and has +16 critical threat range and confirmation of critical hits. You are considered Raged until your next attack.

Until ranged power comes into play, I think this is now useless again for ranged except the improved crit range.  Same goes for Zeal which will not be useful to ranged until ranged power goes live.  Same goes for LD Blitz and everything else that lists ranged power as the source of damage.  So, looking like Divine Crusader or back to Shiradi (Ewww)?  I am thinking off the top of my head DC will be my destiny until they figure out ranged power next year.  Not looking great imho to be ranged now.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Lamannia re-Open Look #3
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
um,

slayer arrow adds 250 base damage.

That would mean this functions exactly the same as before. If the crit range works like other crit ranges working in game, with IC Ranged, +8 range would = critting on 2.

I believe FoTW just got buffed.

This all needs to be tested of course.

Put down the crack pipe.

Also, LD has Ranged power in Blitz, at least unless something has changed.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:31pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Are you sure that the abilities who say that they are giving ranged power are not doing so?

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
I don't have access to Lam right now, but from what I was reading, ranged power was not implemented, as in it is not applying to damage yet.  Are folks saying it does work?  The most I saw in my char sheet was 50 and did not see a damage difference.

I am not saying this will always be useless, but if ranged power is not functioning, then it is effectively useless until they do fully implement.  If it is indeed working, then it should be ok, but I was theorizing off what I read about ranged power.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:38pm by Kluege »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
ranged power has never been stated to not be functioning. it was stated to not be implemented yet in all the places where it may be appropriate.

they are actually putting it into more places by putting it in Fury of the Wild.

Ranged power was already functioning in Blitz.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:43pm:
ranged power has never been stated to not be functioning. it was stated to not be implemented yet in all the places where it may be appropriate.

they are actually putting it into more places by putting it in Fury of the Wild.

Ranged power was already functioning in Blitz.

If it is working, then that is ok with me.  My initial reaction was based off it not working as stated by devs... but I guess that was stupid on my part to believe what the devs say vs what is actually working or not.....  I want to test Zeal as well then.

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:47pm by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
They lowered melee power. I dont know exactly where but pure 20 pally in DC went from 92 MP to 65 MP.

Vanguard has stacking MP boost that can be triple boosted with Haste, and Damage boost.

Abbot flagging is now needed to get into the raid despite them saying we could use dojo entrance. The quest givers are behind Abbot's chamber and now have a quest arc npc (for chain rewards I assume).

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Stalwart stance has been moved back to level 6 minimum from its previous version of core 2 level 3.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
about damn time (ranged power works btw..) also.. now instead of increasing ALL the dmg from each shot (Old Style Fury), it will only increase your DICE damage from each shot (Melee/Ranged Power). If the bow is 4.5d10, it will only do 4.5d10*MP, not 4.5d10+99999999 *MP (shouldnt see insane 30k crits anymore)
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2014 at 6:01pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 5th, 2014 at 6:00pm:
about damn time (ranged power works btw..) also.. now instead of increasing ALL the dmg from each shot (Old Style Fury), it will only increase your DICE damage from each shot (Melee/Ranged Power). If the bow is 4.5d10, it will only do 4.5d10*MP, not 4.5d10+99999999 *MP (shouldnt see insane 30k crits anymore)

I don't believe that's right.

It increases everything that increases your base damage. That means
-Ability Mod
-Seeker on Crit
-Deadly
-Enhancement Bonus to Damage
-Slayer Arrow (logically, need to test)
-Anything else that adds pre-crit base damage

If this wasn't the case, there wouldn't be videos of Cetus dominating on a pure Pally blitzing on Lama.

At least, that's my understanding of it not having tested myself, but having followed the discussion closely for the last month. If what you are saying is true, melee's would be unplayable, and Dance of Flowers would be worth 150 Melee Power (1.5 W).
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2014 at 10:55pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
He isn't right.  that is not how it works at all.  It still crits just fine on lama right now.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #11 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Sep 5th, 2014 at 11:28pm:
He isn't right.  that is not how it works at all.  It still crits just fine on lama right now.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #12 - Sep 5th, 2014 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 5th, 2014 at 5:39pm:
Stalwart stance has been moved back to level 6 minimum from its previous version of core 2 level 3.

THe release notes do not say this.  Did you perchance misread them?

Also yeah pure pally in DC is now
12 (DC)
24 (211-28)
10 weapon style
5 T5 KoTC I guess.
10 Capstone
5 while smite is running.

64 Melee Power

It should never have been in the 90's in the previous version either.  So that is odd.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Sep 5th, 2014 at 11:39pm:
It should never have been in the 90's in the previous version either.  So that is odd.

I was positive it was 92. I'm not sure if Shield Mastery lines stacked with SWF lines.

5 while smite is running.

64 Melee Power

Had 65 on sheet earlier today. Without Smite active. Will check right now and screen shot it.

THe release notes do not say this.  Did you perchance misread them?

I went and rolled a swashbuckler to see if Vanguard would be something that is useful on the build. At first I rolled my rogue build to see if I could get Stalwart Stance tier 4 and Improved Defensive Roll off of only 4 fighter levels. It did not let me take Stance without 6 fighter levels. So I went and TR'd it into the 12/6/2 dwarven defender build.

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2014 at 12:50am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #14 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:33am
Print Post  
71 melee power pure wizard in DC, swf feats and shield mastery.

Edit - had all the harper enhancments also.

(shit build, just testing various combos atm)
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:34am by Cripey »  

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #15 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:38am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 5th, 2014 at 10:53pm:
I don't believe that's right.

It increases everything that increases your base damage. That means
-Ability Mod
-Seeker on Crit
-Deadly
-Enhancement Bonus to Damage
-Slayer Arrow (logically, need to test)
-Anything else that adds pre-crit base damage

If this wasn't the case, there wouldn't be videos of Cetus dominating on a pure Pally blitzing on Lama.

At least, that's my understanding of it not having tested myself, but having followed the discussion closely for the last month. If what you are saying is true, melee's would be unplayable, and Dance of Flowers would be worth 150 Melee Power (1.5 W).

Obvious troll fail.. obviously >.>

Wouldnt be suprised if this becomes the case however, ignoring all bonuses to the weapon dmg, other than just the weapons natural base dice. Would cut monkchers down to size considerably. ^-^
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:40am by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #16 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:38am:
Obvious troll fail.. obviously >.>

Wouldnt be suprised if this becomes the case however, ignoring all bonuses to the weapon dmg, other than just the weapons natural base dice. Would cut monkchers down to size considerably. ^-^

YOU HAVE 12 HOURS TO INDEPENDENTLY VERIFY YOU WERE TRYING TO ACTUALLY TROLL.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #17 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 12:39am:
I was positive it was 92. I'm not sure if Shield Mastery lines stacked with SWF lines.

Had 65 on sheet earlier today. Without Smite active. Will check right now and screen shot it.

Possible I mathed wrong.  Though thats odd.
Quote:
I went and rolled a swashbuckler to see if Vanguard would be something that is useful on the build. At first I rolled my rogue build to see if I could get Stalwart Stance tier 4 and Improved Defensive Roll off of only 4 fighter levels. It did not let me take Stance without 6 fighter levels. So I went and TR'd it into the 12/6/2 dwarven defender build.

Ah I see it is still in the level 3 location though.  I am guessing that despite what the release notes say it is still fucked up.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 3:01am:
Possible I mathed wrong.  Though thats odd.

Screenshot the 65 current. no smite running. I know it was 92 because I kept looking at it all the time wondering how the fuk I  had that and why I was criting for 4k in DC with a strength of 60  max buffed.

Shadehater wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 3:01am:
Ah I see it is still in the level 3 location though

Yeah Turbine screwed up hard on this update. The core 3 is level 3 but you cant get to it unless youre level 6 for core 2 Cheesy

Dojo to Abbot raid is on flag lockout, despite release notes and how it worked yesterday Roll Eyes

They removed the necro farshifter. IDK why.

They removed the weapon and shield cosmetic slots, but if you had them prior to today's update they stayed on anyway.

Shield cosmetic gave you stalwart stance even if you did not have shield equipped.

Magical training could be swapped out and you can still freely equip orbs.

This just off the top of my head.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #19 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 3:11am:
Yeah Turbine screwed up hard on this update. The core 3 is level 3 but you cant get to it unless youre level 6 for core 2 Cheesy

Dojo to Abbot raid is on flag lockout, despite release notes and how it worked yesterday Roll Eyes

They removed the weapon and shield cosmetic slots, but if you had them prior to today's update they stayed on anyway.

Shield cosmetic gave you stalwart stance even if you did not have shield equipped.

Magical training could be swapped out and you can still freely equip orbs.

This just off the top of my head.

Remember, it's not Lamania The Preview what you see is what you'll get on live Server.
It's the new Lamania... Lamania The Test and Debug Server created by the kobold that jumped ship.

What is seen in it is not exactly the last identation of the things shown to the PC... And What is seen might not be what will be seen on Live.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #20 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 6:38am:
Remember, it's not Lamania The Preview what you see is what you'll get on live Server.
It's the new Lamania... Lamania The Test and Debug Server created by the kobold that jumped ship.

What is seen in it is not exactly the last identation of the things shown to the PC... And What is seen might not be what will be seen on Live.

Its just a placeholder number.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

RandomName
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 3:11am:

That was never a permanent placement but rather a Dev Summon.  I was there when there were two dojo instances; the first had the farshifter, the second didn't.  The instance dies during downtime, farshifter goes *poof*.

I have to assume that nobody felt like logging on and resummoning him when Lam came back online.  I doubt the instance would have lasted overnight, anyway

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #22 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 9:36am
Print Post  
That 92 number is still puzzling Rubbins.  Unless THF and the shield feats were giving stacking numbers...and/or still bugged and giving 20 instead of 10.

Also other than the raid (which is in another state of garbage)  Im fairly happy with where everything is now after their first few rounds of tweaking.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #23 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 10:40am
Print Post  
DNT TBD

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 10:55am
Print Post  
And Melee Power action boost from Vanguard tree does not have any charges on my Swashbuckler build, but does on the Pally.

Oh, Turbine....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint