Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Vanguard tree (Read 12880 times)
FakeStrake
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama, Derailment
and Duping!

Vanguard tree
Sep 5th, 2014 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Anyone test/try if tier 5 Shield Rush gives a movement/animation boost? Sort of like a mini "leap of faith/wings"?

Quote:
    (NEW): Vanguard: A new tree is now available for Fighters and Paladins! (NOTE: The numbers are not yet finalized, and are subject to change.) The enhancement tree is as follows:
        Innate (Core) Abilities
            1 AP: To the Fore: While you have a shield equipped, gain +1 to hit and damage with your main hand weapon and with your shield bash attacks.
            5 AP, Class Level 3: Shield Combat I:
                +10% chance to make a secondary shield bash.

10 AP, Class Level 6: Vicious Shield:
                While you have a shield equipped, +5% Combat Style bonus to Melee Attack Speed.

20 AP, Class Level 12: Shield Combat II:
                Your shield gains +1(W).

30 AP, Class Level 18: Vicious Shield II:
                Your shield gains +1 critical threat range, +1 critical multiplier, and +1(W).

40 AP, Class Level 20: Shield Champion:
                While you have a shield equipped, gain +2 attack, +2 damage, +5% Doublestrike, +5% Combat Style bonus to Melee Attack Speed.
                Your shield gains +1(W).
                Your shield bashes stun enemies 5% of the time. DC(10 + 1/2 Character Level + Strength Mod + Stunning Bonuses).

Tier One (0 AP Required)
            Shield Specialization: While you have a shield equipped, gain +1 to hit, damage, and armor class. Passive
            No Weakness: +1/+2/+3 Fortitude Saving Throw. Passive
            Missile Shield: While you have a shield equipped, gain the benefits of the Deflect Arrows feat, knocking aside one incoming projectile that would have struck you every 6/4/2 seconds. (Antireq Tempest or Swashbuckler Deflect Arrows) Passive
            Shield Smash: While you have a shield equipped, Activate: Melee attack with your shield for +1/2/3(W) damage. On damage, your PRR and MRR are increased by 2/4/6 for 12 seconds. Cooldown is 16/12/8 seconds.
            Armor Training: +1/2/3 to Balance, Intimidate, Jump. Reduce skills penalties for armor and shield by 1/2/3. Passive

Tier Two (5 AP Required)
            Shield Specialization: While you have a shield equipped, gain +1 to hit, damage, and armor class.
            Brutality: +1/+2/+3 to the DC of stunning abilities.
            Stunning Shield: While you have a shield equipped, Activate: Melee shield bash attack with your shield for +1/2/3[W] attack. This attack stuns enemies unless they make a Fortitude saving throw vs DC(10 + Highest Ability Score Modifier + Character Level + Stunning Bonus). Cooldown 60/45/30 seconds. Stun duration 6 seconds.
            Action Boost: Melee Power: +10/20/30% Action Boost bonus to Melee Power for 20 seconds. Usable 5 times per rest.
            Unbalancing Shove: When you shield bash, damaged enemies get -1 to Saving Throws for 2/4/6 seconds.

Tier Three
            Shield Specialization: While you have a shield equipped, gain +1 to hit, damage, and armor class.
            Follow Up: When you hit an enemy with certain activated stunning abilities (Stunning Blow, Stunning Shield) your melee power is increased by 3/6/9 for 12 seconds whether the stun works or not.
            Fatal Bulwark: Your shield gains +1 critical threat range.
            Shield Riposte: When missed in melee while wearing a shield: Deals 1d4/1d6/1d8 bludgeoning damage to your attacker. Scales with melee power.
            STR/DEX

Tier Four
            (NOTE: Shield Charge is not currently working on Lamannia): Shield Charge: While you have a shield equipped, Activate: Rush forward up to 30 feet to your selected opponent and deliver a shield attack that hits everything in a around you. Each opponent is knocked down and takes a shield bash attack for +1/2/3[W] damage. The saving throw for the knockdown attack is 20 + Highest Attribute Mod + Class Level + bonuses to trip attacks. Ranks improve cooldown
            Myrmidon’s Edge: Passive +1/2/3 to attack rolls to confirm critical hits and damage on critical hits (before weapon multipliers) .
            STR/DEX

Tier Five
            Shield Rush: While you have a shield equipped, Activate: Move forward in a line, delivering a shield bash attack to every creature hit. This shield bash does +2/4/6[W] damage. Rank improves cooldown
            Disorienting Smash: When you shield bash, damaged enemies gain 1 stack of Vulnerability. This can occur at most once every 3/2/1 seconds.
            Vulnerability: You take 1% more damage for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times, and loses one stack on expiration.
            Shield To The Face: +10% chance to make a secondary shield bash.
            Armored Strength: +10 Melee Power

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: Vanguard tree
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 9:09am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Houshi
Dragon Raider

Click here to unnerf grease

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 11:38am
Print Post  
If I'm reading it right with imp shield bash that is a 60% of shield bashing while attacking?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Houshi wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 11:38am:
If I'm reading it right with imp shield bash that is a 60% of shield bashing while attacking?

Yes, But it requires 12 levels for the core and tier 5 as well. Eats up quite a bit of AP and cuts off other tier 5s to get that 60%.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2014 at 12:34pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
This would be awesome, if you could shield bash innately more than once every 6 seconds, regardless of if you have 100% shield bash chance..

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Houshi wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 11:38am:

Correct, however you still can only shield bash while attacking once every 6 seconds, due to how the stupid thing is coded..

IP Logged

Houshi
Dragon Raider

Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
that would be 75% with SD tier 2. any other way to improve it?

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
20% shield
20% feat
10% core
10% tier 5
15% StD

Nothing else that i can think of currently

IP Logged

Houshi
Dragon Raider

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:19pm:
20% shield
20% feat
10% core
10% tier 5
15% StD

Nothing else that i can think of currently

I believe cores add up to 30% no? I forgot shield bash on the item, so it would add up to 95%?

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 1:06pm:
Correct, however you still can only shield bash while attacking once every 6 seconds, due to how the stupid thing is coded..

If that's still true then I'd say more than 20% shield bash chance are useless? I mean... you should be able to make more than one attack  each second...
Or do I miss something about shield bashes? o.O

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 2:06pm:
If that's still true then I'd say more than 20% shield bash chance are useless? I mean... you should be able to make more than one attack  each second...
Or do I miss something about shield bashes? o.O

They claim that the cooldown is 1 second.
Assume, for simplicity that you get 2 attacks per second. After a shield bash, you have 2 attacks where you don't check to get another one. After that, at a 20% chance, you would expect to wait 2.5 seconds (5 attacks) on average to get another one. If you had a 100% chance to shield bash, you would get it on the next hit after the cooldown expires. For this example, a 20% chance to shield bash is effectively an expected 14.3% rate of shield bashing and a 100% chance to shield bash is effectively an expected 33.3% chance to shield bash.

Attack speed changes these numbers a decent amount. If you had an attack speed such that your second attack after the shield bash was after the one second cooldown - even by a fraction of a second, the expected values would be 16.7% and 50%, instead of 14.3% and 33.3%.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
you can shield bash once per second on shield bash proc

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #12 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 5:27pm
Print Post  

They apparently stealth fixed it to 1 bash every 1 second now.  It is still pretty shitty.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2014 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
I have seen 7k+ 19-20 crit bashes Blitzing against helpless and Sense Weakness.
I wouldn't call that shitty heh.
I fucking love it, mainly the uber 80 - 90 stun and overall defense.

IP Logged

Xenophobe
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
Vulnerability: You take 1% more damage for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times, and loses one stack on expiration.

Am I reading this correct, you take more damage.  Who in there right mind would take this enhancement, especially a tier 5 one.

IP Logged

DropBear

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #15 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Xenophobe wrote on Sep 7th, 2014 at 8:54am:
Am I reading this correct, you take more damage.  Who in there right mind would take this enhancement, especially a tier 5 one.

Vulnerability isn't a T5, the power above it is and gives a Vulnerability stack.  I think the formatting should show that Vulnerability is an effect and this just describes the effect.
Wink

IP Logged

Xenophobe
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 9:57am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Sep 7th, 2014 at 9:03am:
Vulnerability isn't a T5, the power above it is and gives a Vulnerability stack.  I think the formatting should show that Vulnerability is an effect and this just describes the effect.
Wink

Ah, makes sense.  Thanks for clarifying and I agree on the poor formatting.

IP Logged

Nuckinfutz
Titan Demolisher

The Pig's a tease.

Reply #17 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Sound to me like more Turbine *make work* ideas than actually trying to do anything that would be of use.

Felgor wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:45am:
DDO died a long time ago, we just all have trouble admitting it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #18 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 10:26am
Print Post  

cooldown is 1s.

How do you get so much stuff wrong?

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #19 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
He was right.  It used to be 6 seconds.  It was stealth changed in a lama patch without being added to the notes...then just commented on by Severlin.

Cause you know,  Turbine.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 7:06am
Print Post  
A shield tree doing more damage then anything else. facepalm

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #21 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 7:06am:
A shield tree doing more damage then anything else. facepalm

It is? Cheesy

Lolololo

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #22 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Shield Rush...

That move should have awesome animation. And with a spear. And with a new emotes to go with it. /awoo /roar and /drinkthebloodofinfidels

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #23 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 11:33am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 7th, 2014 at 10:26am:
cooldown is 1s.

How do you get so much stuff wrong?

So ive been corrected from various sources. It was not in any notes, thus i assumed it was still working exactly like it always had. Shield bash while meleeing would only proc once every six seconds due to animation issues. It would seem they stealth fixed it to work every couple seconds, so long as you have the chance to do so.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #24 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Is this tree the same thing the battleragers in Thunderpeaks use?  The rush with the knockdown?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint