Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Soloable raids (Read 28218 times)
Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Soloable raids
Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:09am
Print Post  
I wonder which raids are soloable, and what kind of character and consumables is needed to do that.

I've seen videos of monkchers soloing Shroud and Fall of Truth, interested in other raids.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Re: Soloable raids
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Let's see.

A Vision of Destruction - Soloable, no big deal.
Ascension Chamber - Soloable, have abundant step.
Caught in the Web - Soloable, have ranged dps and sp pots.
Fire on Thunder Peak - Soloable, have Ruin.
Hound of Xoriat - Soloable, no big deal.
Plane of Night - Soloable, depends if epic or heroic.
Tempest's Spine - Soloable, no big deal.
Temple of the Deathwyrm - Soloable, have undead skellie.
The Chronoscope - Soloable, be able to kill trash quickly or expect perma red DA.
The Fall of Truth - Soloable, have iuon stone or evasion.
The Lord of Blades - Soloable, have ranged dps, he hits hard.
The Mark of Death - Not soloable.
The Master Artificer - Soloable, have high reflex and non-magic dps.
The Reaver's Fate - Soloable, no big deal.
The Shroud - Soloable, have ranged dps.
The Titan Awakes - Ran this thing once in my life, no clue.
The Vault of Night - Not soloable.
Tower of Despair - Soloable, not a big deal but ranged dps and cold abs is a plus.
Zawabi's Revenge - Soloable, while she can be tanked on EE, ranged dps makes it 10x times easier.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:26am by Sasha »  

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:24am
Print Post  
except von5, titan pre and deathwyrm all other have been soloed afaik.

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:26am
Print Post  
How do you solo Fire on Thunder Peak? Don't you have to keep dragons apart for them to be damaged?

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Oyster wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:26am:
How do you solo Fire on Thunder Peak? Don't you have to keep dragons apart for them to be damaged?

ruin + ddor i guess

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:20am:
The Titan Awakes - Ran this thing once in my life, no clue.

The Twilight Forge (part 1) - Not soloable. Red crystal typically requires 3 people, but may be able to be completed with 2 and a pet or 2 and 2 pets.
The Titan Awakes (part 2) - Should be soloable with a pet on the button to fire the laser.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I thought von6 was fixed so you cant solo it anymore?

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:42am:
I thought von6 was fixed so you cant solo it anymore?

How so? I assume what they did wouldn't stop a pale master from leaving a pet on one base, charming the mobs on another base, and taking down the third by themselves. The only unreliable part is the charmed mobs, so the other bases can be done once that's finished.
Epic is another issue, though.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Ah yea, I was thinking epic.
I can see heroic being done.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Theoretically still possible on epic. You would have to prep the pillars by killing the djinni once, then prep the djinni again. The largest issues would be properly controlling the pet to attack the djinni then the pillar and the time limit for charms in epics.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Keep in mind, there is a difference between theoretically soloable and actually soloable.  Difficulty plays a big part in that.  Some of these raids on EE maybe be "soloable", but is it worth the expense or time it takes?  Not to mention the success vs. failure rate you would endure.

To make it easy, any Heroic raid, except Von and Titan which have mechanics that make soloing impossible or a massive PITA, is probably easily soloable.  Most Epic raids aren't worth your time and effort to solo.  Unless you like EN runs.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Oyster wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:26am:

I've seen a screen shot of it "soloed", but I'm guessing that it was duo'd and the other person just had 0 deaths and 0 kills by kiting the other dragon and recalled before completion.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:24am:
deathwyrm

Theoretically, this is soloable. Mario + Tower for example. There are no parts that require 2 or more people, other than a few of the puzzle rooms. Even Maze + Tower is doable. As is Mario+RLGL, Maze+RLGL.. Ive just not heard of anyone Soloing it. I have Duoed it however.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:54pm:
Theoretically, this is soloable. Mario + Tower for example. There are no parts that require 2 or more people, other than a few of the puzzle rooms. Even Maze + Tower is doable. As is Mario+RLGL, Maze+RLGL.. Ive just not heard of anyone Soloing it. I have Duoed it however.

Was thinking about the levers

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #14 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 1:02pm:
Was thinking about the levers

Doable with a pet. Timing would be a bitch, but doable Cheesy

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #15 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:11pm:
Most Epic raids aren't worth your time and effort to solo.

With the exception of really outdated raids like Shroud, I really don't think people who solo raids do it for the completion as much as for the fun/challenge/whatever of it.

NOTpopejubal wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:18pm:
I've seen a screen shot of it "soloed", but I'm guessing that it was duo'd and the other person just had 0 deaths and 0 kills by kiting the other dragon and recalled before completion.

Lolwut, why would anyone do this? Maybe that monkcher (I don't know the name, it was one of the two monkchers who always post in the achievements section) did it on his thread, just like he faked some speed runs using bugged TF weapons.

But other than that, anyone with Ruin on a ranged toon could do it.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2014 at 1:20pm by Sasha »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 1:19pm:
Lolwut, why would anyone do this? Maybe that monkcher (I don't know the name, it was one of the two monkchers who always post in the achievements section) did it on his thread, just like he faked some speed runs using bugged TF weapons.

But other than that, anyone with Ruin on a ranged toon could do it.

I think it was more of a joke than anything else - like when we had MyDDO available to look at our paper dolls, it stayed with whatever you had equipped when you reincarnated, so I always reincarnated with Tesyus in my hand because that amused me.  I just completed (but didn't recall from) Relic of a Sovereign Past and equipped Tesyus inside the quest and logged out straight from there so that I would have a cool, "Illegal" weapon on my MyDDO.  No exploit - just something I found amusing.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #17 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Technically, if you know what your doing, Most of Twillight Forge is soloable... there's just the next to last room where you will need people to pull levers while you run on the tiles.... Since it needs coordination, only a live human can do it. Definitely a 2 people + Pets. 

VON5 is also almost soloable. The difficult bit is the blast fire jets to the ladder levers... since it requires 4 people ( or two people + pets )... If you're fast enough you cna run from the two nearest levers to the blasting hole in time to be propelled up.

Since this thread is probably spawned after the thread on the other forum...

Fuck Solo !!! This is a Massively Multiplayer Game what part of Massively Multiplayer wasn't understood ( ok... the massively is dubious nowadays ). Deal with the fact that quests/raids are meant to be done with a party of characters... and not solo.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

A Shrewd Man
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:19pm:
Technically, if you know what your doing, Most of Twillight Forge is soloable... there's just the next to last room where you will need people to pull levers while you run on the tiles.... Since it needs coordination, only a live human can do it. Definitely a 2 people + Pets. 

VON5 is also almost soloable. The difficult bit is the blast fire jets to the ladder levers... since it requires 4 people ( or two people + pets )... If you're fast enough you cna run from the two nearest levers to the blasting hole in time to be propelled up.

Since this thread is probably spawned after the thread on the other forum...

Fuck Solo !!! This is a Massively Multiplayer Game what part of Massively Multiplayer wasn't understood ( ok... the massively is dubious nowadays ). Deal with the fact that quests/raids are meant to be done with a party of characters... and not solo.

Stop you there, abundant step kills the need to pull any levers. Two people can do twilight forge.

Von5 needs a minimum of 2 people again. Both with pets but one person can pull two levers with enough time.

I do raids with my friends and that's it. I don't pug unless I'm bored and want to be hit in the face with stupid. I'll run EE fall of truth with 3 people. My guild is 3 people and we have three manned every raid/quest out there and know every trick trap tramp twit and scallywag to get a quest done with less then it requires. Especially quests with pre raids, I'll clear those out before my friends even pop in

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
How would you do phylactery solo? She teleports you back if the top is unmanned.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

The Magnificent Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
A Shrewd Man wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:36pm:
Stop you there, abundant step kills the need to pull any levers. Two people can do twilight forge.

Von5 needs a minimum of 2 people again. Both with pets but one person can pull two levers with enough time.

I do raids with my friends and that's it. I don't pug unless I'm bored and want to be hit in the face with stupid. I'll run EE fall of truth with 3 people. My guild is 3 people and we have three manned every raid/quest out there and know every trick trap tramp twit and scallywag to get a quest done with less then it requires. Especially quests with pre raids, I'll clear those out before my friends even pop in

Wow! you are sooooo dreamy!!!!!!!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Hasn't Shat soloed everything already? (pardon my ignorance, I am still currently away from DDO so).

IP Logged

JW
Dragon Raider

I Love dead cats

Reply #22 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Why did you say his name? Now he's going to show up here and want to go ass to mouth on everyone.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #23 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:56pm:
How would you do phylactery solo? She teleports you back if the top is unmanned.

park a pet in the very edge of the map. she will aggro it, but cant hit it. Ive done it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 4:53pm:
park a pet in the very edge of the map. she will aggro it, but cant hit it. Ive done it.

The casters cant hit it? And the ragers wont get to it?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint