Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic FFS yet another fucking retard! (Read 7914 times)
FTL
Waterworks Kobold

FFS yet another fucking retard!
Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:28am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/448692-eliminate-the-maze-of-madness-s...

Are people ever going to fucking learn to keep their mouth shut!

IP Logged

Dragon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: FFS yet another fucking retard!
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:30am
Print Post  
You? Already been posted

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Dragon wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:30am:
You? Already been posted

Nice.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Nuckinfutz
Titan Demolisher

The Pig's a tease.

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:50am
Print Post  
From the DDO post of it being an exploit to the other extreme of "Of course it's an exploit now STFU" I may run out of popcorn before it's over. The whiner that sparked this is crying out for help. Help building better so he can use the exploit, not to mention psychiatric help.

I blame Heros Inc. No one in there knows how to build and they may as well be an RP guild for all the good they do.

Pardon my retardedness. Waiting on coffee.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:56am by Nuckinfutz »  

Felgor wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 3:45am:
DDO died a long time ago, we just all have trouble admitting it.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Nuckinfutz wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:50am:
From the DDO post of it being an exploit to the other extreme of "Of course it's an exploit now STFU" I may run out of popcorn before it's over. The whiner that sparked this is crying out for help. Help building better so he can use the exploit, not to mention psychiatric help.

I blame Heros Inc. No one in there knows how to build and they may as well be an RP guild for all the good they do.

Pardon my retardedness. Waiting on coffee.

... It's a shortcut, not an exploit. There are freakin' handholds on the walls. If an adventurer was forced to play out a campaign or scenario EXACTLY the way the DM wants, then it's bound to be a very, very poorly thought out scenario. Heck - if I had my way in DDO, there would be multiple ways to finish a quest, kinda like Relic of a Sovereign Past. Hacking and slashing your way through an entire minotaur village is *not* the only way to finish the quest.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:03am
Print Post  
that DDO forums thread has some popcorn potential.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Meh.  This is old news.  You really think Turbine didn't know about it before this post?  Wake up. 

They aren't going to change it.  Nobody cares about a small bypass of a few mobs.  You still have to kill the all the red names. 

I'm not sure which is worse.  The guy crying on the forums or the guy crying here about the guy crying on the forums. 

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:58am:
Hacking and slashing your way through an entire minotaur village is *not* the only way to finish the quest.

lies

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:11am:
Meh.  This is old news.  You really think Turbine didn't know about it before this post?  Wake up.

They aren't going to change it.  Nobody cares about a small bypass of a few mobs.  You still have to kill the all the red names.

I'm not sure which is worse.  The guy crying on the forums or the guy crying here about the guy crying on the forums. 

They cared enough to remove the 1st shortcut in Maze, they cared enough to remove shortcut in LetSleepingDust when no one even complained. So, what do you think?

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:26am
Print Post  
LOl, forzah is stupid.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #10 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:21am:
They cared enough to remove the 1st shortcut in Maze, they cared enough to remove shortcut in LetSleepingDust when no one even complained. So, what do you think?

Or shortcut in shroud pt1.  Grin

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #11 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:28am:

Or that freakin' new bridge from the point new folks enter stormreach. Let them SWIM the way to the main harbour!

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #12 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:59am
Print Post  

The first shortcut was jumping up the pillar and was a clear inappropriate use of invisible geometry/exploit of the physics engine.

This is climbing a wall with visible ledges.  Pretty different, imo.  (but that's just my opinion)

Let Sleeping Dust Lie's ability to get to the book on the upper level without first finding the journal and the key from the first rakshasa was bypassing quest mechanics.  Again, using Physics engine weaknesses. 

Using the previously mentioned Kobold's Ringleader, using a crate to climb through an obvious opening that shortcuts around some optional content is not an exploit.  It's an alternate path that bypasses a trap and a few trash mobs.  If you were to use an invisible physics bug to jump the wall containing the door that you need to hit two switches to open, and thus bypass the switches, and proceed to the end bloodknuckles fight without ever hitting the switches, then that would be an exploit. 

Sure there is some subjective elements to this stuff.  Which are acceptable alternative methods of quest completion vs. exploiting?  Hard to say, especially when the alternative method was one that was not intended by the developer.  But how much is player ingenuity and how much is cheating?  Players could argue all day long on this, but Turbine is the only one whose opinion matters there. 

Back to my point.  Crying about people using an alternative method to complete a quest is lame.  Crying about people crying about people using an alternative method is even more lame. 

Further, Crying if Turbine removes an exploit or even unintended alternate completion method is even worse.  You just sound like a baby who had their rattle taken away.  Grow up.  Get a life.  It's just a game, focker.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #13 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
I guess if you run in a party and split up it is faster, but for folks who solo it is not much of a shortcut.  Using a hireling or pet is actually faster as the hireling/pet will bounce back to you.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #14 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:59am:
The first shortcut was jumping up the pillar and was a clear inappropriate use of invisible geometry/exploit of the physics engine.

This is climbing a wall with visible ledges.  Pretty different, imo.  (but that's just my opinion)

Let Sleeping Dust Lie's ability to get to the book on the upper level without first finding the journal and the key from the first rakshasa was bypassing quest mechanics.  Again, using Physics engine weaknesses. 

Using the previously mentioned Kobold's Ringleader, using a crate to climb through an obvious opening that shortcuts around some optional content is not an exploit.  It's an alternate path that bypasses a trap and a few trash mobs.  If you were to use an invisible physics bug to jump the wall containing the door that you need to hit two switches to open, and thus bypass the switches, and proceed to the end bloodknuckles fight without ever hitting the switches, then that would be an exploit. 

Sure there is some subjective elements to this stuff.  Which are acceptable alternative methods of quest completion vs. exploiting?  Hard to say, especially when the alternative method was one that was not intended by the developer.  But how much is player ingenuity and how much is cheating?  Players could argue all day long on this, but Turbine is the only one whose opinion matters there. 

Back to my point.  Crying about people using an alternative method to complete a quest is lame.  Crying about people crying about people using an alternative method is even more lame. 

Further, Crying if Turbine removes an exploit or even unintended alternate completion method is even worse.  You just sound like a baby who had their rattle taken away.  Grow up.  Get a life.  It's just a game, focker. 

now *this* thread has potential.

/popcorn

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 12:02pm
Print Post  

Losing the one in LSDL hurt. It was basically a no-fail five minute completion with in in place.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:28am:

Still works. Unless you are talking about Lama build.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
God damn you naysayers!

Stop the shouting!

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
I wish Unearthly Reactions let you tumble through walls.

It doesn't, does it?  Undecided

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:14pm
Print Post  

"clear inappropriate use"? Did you, and please be honest with us, even think it was before the fix?
While I knew it wasn't WAI, I never considered it to be quest breaking. Between the first and second shortcut, it was about 2-3 min of shorter quest time. Besides, that wall of the first shortcut also has visible ledges. In fact, many people w/o wings or AS used to aim exactly on the ledge, then strafe left and jump up that small crack where its visibly lower. Only reason why it can't be used straight like the second shortcut is the jump skill cap.

Well, aren't we glad some dev with a pet peeve noticed this and took his time to address this 8-year long feature, which at that point many of us assumed to be WAI and put there on purpose.

I never use the word exploit when it comes to quest geometry or alternative paths. Imho, they are completely different things. Clever use of terrain and geometry in a quest is NOT exploiting. Duping, recycling, and macro'ing is, among other things. If the Devs didn't intend his quest to be done a certain way, then they should test it and fix BEFORE releasing it on live or even after 1st hotfix/patch. Not 6-8 years after.

Who says any of us are crying? Who says that even OP is crying? Maybe he's trying to stir some shit up. Besides, how can you say that people like Powskier are fucking retarded w/o getting Cordobanned in 1 minute? That's why these mirror threads are posted here. That's why you are here too.

Turdbine doesn't do squad regarding these things. It's just a Dev on a butthurt crusade, who noticed this after finally getting his main into 13 - 15 level range and running the quest with some pugs (not really, but it'd be fucking funny if it was the case).

Again, who says that I'm crying? I'm only expressing my opinion just like you are, neither of us have it 100% correct.
Also, telling people to Grow up and Get a life on the internets? on the Vault of all places? C'mon, dude. You should know better.
At the very least it should be DIAF and GFY.

So, in the end
I wish you  a very good DIAF and GFY!

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
DDO mirrors life. 

Some people play this game to have fun and they have the ability to completely ignore everyone else as long as they are having fun. 

Some people are so consumed with what everyone else is doing they are incapable of having fun on there own.  Think ugly chick at the bar.  Completely pissed off because she cannot do what the hot chick is doing.  Even if 10 drunk ass, beer goggle wearing slobs want to take her home.  Fuck that skinny bitch.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #21 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:18pm:
DDO mirrors life. 

Some people play this game to have fun and they have the ability to completely ignore everyone else as long as they are having fun. 

Some people are so consumed with what everyone else is doing they are incapable of having fun on there own.  Think ugly chick at the bar.  Completely pissed off because she cannot do what the hot chick is doing.  Even if 10 drunk ass, beer goggle wearing slobs want to take her home.  Fuck that skinny bitch.

And some people just want to watch the world burn.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:28pm:
And some people just want to watch the world burn.

*throws match.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #23 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 12:14pm:
Still works. Unless you are talking about Lama build.

You dont know which shortcut then.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
I don't understand why forzah is getting so hard feelings about that beeing an exploit.

If you are not splitting up it's not saving much time anyways, it's mainly bypassing some traps which interfere with lever pulling if you don't have evasion.

Once the group jumped up there and a guildy ran with me the quest the usual way. The boss dies around 30-60 secs before we were at his room to loot the chest...

And what bothers me more is when Turbine should be dumb enough to listen to these stupid fucks and spend development time to fix this shortcut instead of doing usefull things (fixing bugs, giving me new cosmetic armors/pets and some new quests/raids and stuff).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint