Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) The nerf loving fags. (Read 12555 times)
NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Re: The nerf loving fags.
Reply #25 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Sneaky Shadow Lurker wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:00am:
Aside from the bad grammer above, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Honestly a few years ago desolator and stoddard were not bad and actually sort of good company. after they got back from their long breaks they changed.

I heard that divorce makes some folks bitter.

Maybe their marriage made them happy. Their divorce made them Disciplined and Dedicated, too.

Seriously, though - I've run with both. Same asshole-ish treatment of other people, generally considers themselves better than other people, and a bunch of other similarities. Desolator once mocked a guy for not having epic gear, when said guy was only level 18. Stoddard kept going on and on and on about he was the epitome of awesome playing, while being a soulstone.

I guess my peeve was that the people they bash on tend to be nice folks who just want to play the game.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #26 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:13am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 10:45am:
Because of this, I'm am going to put up a solo EE with a rogue.

It's going to be eClaw, though. Be prepared to bask in my awesomeness.

I am huge fan of assassins and other melee underdogs.
But you gotta do better than Claw. That's like soloing tracker on Cleric with 30 deaths.  I'd love to play the "solo with crap toons" game, in fact I often do it on live lol.
If it's just a Shuriken with Rogue icon or Blitzing staff robot it exactly proves the point.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #27 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:13am:
I am huge fan of assassins and other melee underdogs.
But you gotta do better than Claw. That's like soloing tracker on Cleric with 30 deaths.  I'd love to play the "solo with crap toons" game, in fact I often do it on live lol.
If it's just a Shuriken with Rogue icon or Blitzing staff robot it exactly proves the point.

Pure rogue. Elf. Acrobat. And a rogue soloing eClaw (using the stealth method) is not such a big feat... it's actually sort of a common feat accomplished by members of R.O.G.U.E. (Ruthless Order of Guile, Utility, and Extermination).

Sadly, my current rogue is my caster on her rogue life (still pure, though). My actual rogue toon is on her paladin life. But since you wanted EE completions on a non-shiradi, non-monkcher, I just wanted to point out that EE soloists do exist that are not shiradi or monkcher.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #28 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:33am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:16am:
But since you wanted EE completions on a non-shiradi, non-monkcher

Hmm, that wasn't my point, bah my Engrish.
I play with good people and can solo everything maybe except 4 quests on all my toons, just saying that I have no illusions about effectiveness/speed compared to other builds.
Especially for new people that have really limited options.
Plus for example all assassins, clerics, fvs disappeared from the game - they just TRed into something else.
Ddo 's supposed selling point is character build options, but eventually that becomes very limited for most of the population.
It's like linking that popular Barb wgu solo as "argument" about class effectiveness.
I play ( played ) em all basically, so I am not commenting from some kind of " I am jelly " perspective.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #29 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:50am
Print Post  
i believe they should eliminate bravery bonus, do away with dungeon alert, loosen up the xp penalties from level diversity and completely replace the current difficulty/favor scheme with the setup from challenges- every quest playable from cr 1 to cr 50.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #30 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:52am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 11:50am:
i believe they should eliminate bravery bonus, do away with dungeon alert, loosen up the xp penalties from level diversity and completely replace the current difficulty/favor scheme with the setup from challenges- every quest playable from cr 1 to cr 50.

You just want to run Shadowcrypt from level 1 to 28...

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 9:41am:
They need to remove scaling from every single quest, make it all be like there are 6 people in dungeon.

YES!

Yes, totally. Didn't it used to be like that? And that was actually enjoyably hard - I remember when people were complaining about dying in WW. Ha! Loved it.

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Reply #32 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 12:39pm:
YES!

Yes, totally. Didn't it used to be like that? And that was actually enjoyably hard - I remember when people were complaining about dying in WW. Ha! Loved it.

The acid traps were 150+ damage, at a level 6 quest. Per spray.

It was a horrible time to be a non-evasion, non-high saves toon.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #33 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 10:45am:
Because of this, I'm am going to put up a solo EE with a rogue.

It's going to be eClaw, though. Be prepared to bask in my awesomeness.

Heh. I took a backpack pike when Gloriousbuns was on that kick whenever I could. It was just really fun to watch traps being used and the like (I don't have a rogue, well anything other than splashes - couldn't get into the Assassin playstyle when I trialled it on Lama).

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #34 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 12:39pm:
YES!

I'd support something like this for Elites - I rather like being able to solo on my gimps on Normal and Hard. I often play during the day when I might need to AFK randomly, and so end up not putting groups up, because I can't guarantee I'll be able to manage them. I also have these random lag issues which can just show up at any point, which alsol makes grouping more difficult.

None of my toons are max DPS / flavour of the month builds, and as a fairly casual player who (I hope) isn't a total noob, I still get some challenge out of my gimps.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #35 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 12:41pm:
The acid traps were 150+ damage, at a level 6 quest. Per spray.

It was a horrible time to be a non-evasion, non-high saves toon.

Wasnt it like this when they fucked up trap/spell dmg in heroics?
Kobold shamans doing 120 lightning dmg in lvl 2 quest.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #36 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 2:36pm:
Wasnt it like this when they fucked up trap/spell dmg in heroics?
Kobold shamans doing 120 lightning dmg in lvl 2 quest.

Yes to both.

I do agree with you, scaling should not be a thing anymore.  They should set the difficulty to whatever default they want.  4 person/5/6 whatever.

As for the other suggestions?  No thanks.  I dont think it would make the game more enjoyable for a larger group or encourage any sort of pug lfms.   At this point unless suggestions actually fall into one or preferably both categories it is hard to get behind them...at least for me.

@Shuy you know perfectly well the Human Oroborous that is formed by talkin'/cetus/zoda...in general discussion.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Sep 18th, 2014 at 7:40pm:
the Human Oroborous

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #38 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
I almost feel bad for the poor people who seem to have received a brain injury and think they can actually talk to them, with reason.  Almost.  Then I remember its the ddo forums, and everyone herpaderps over there at one time or another.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #39 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 12:48am
Print Post  
They should just make a new difficulty at this point.

Epic Nightmare.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Turd_Ferguson wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 9:41pm:
Qhualor (the most fucking annoying retard on the mother forum)

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #41 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 10:23am
Print Post  
What is the point of scaling anyway?
Just makes people solo stuff, why would I put lfm up when its much easier and faster to solo it, especially in quests like in the flesh, etk.
Mobs do half the dmg when you are solo compared to full party, on epic, they just get 3-4k more hp in full group.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #42 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Its so people can stroke their E-peen and bitch that things are too easy for them.

Also Rubbins.  Qhualor quoted probably the singularity of douche on live there.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 19th, 2014 at 10:23am:
why would I put lfm up when its much easier and faster to solo it, especially in quests like in the flesh, etk.
Mobs do half the dmg when you are solo compared to full party, on epic, they just get 3-4k more hp in full group.

Because then you can't break off from group to try to get battle-trappings and run into small pack of wolves with your blitz going. Which turns out to be 12 wolves hiding and you without your displacement on then proceed to get juggled and die embarrassingly.

Shadehater wrote on Sep 19th, 2014 at 10:59am:
Qhualor quoted probably the singularity of douche on live there.

Him and forzah should just attach a tube running from each other's ass to the other's mouth.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #44 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 19th, 2014 at 11:14am:
Because then you can't break off from group to try to get battle-trappings and run into small pack of wolves with your blitz going. Which turns out to be 12 wolves hiding and you without your displacement on then proceed to get juggled and die embarrassingly.

Him and forzah should just attach a tube running from each other's ass to the other's mouth.

You shouldnt run without displace if few wolves kill you.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Sep 19th, 2014 at 11:31am:
You shouldnt run without displace if few wolves kill you.

See, that's what I thought, it's just 4 wolves... I'm fully blitzing and I dont even need displace for this quick encounter. Then 4 becomes 12 and youre juggled into the air.
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2014 at 11:43am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #46 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Hate when I get stuck between mobs.

IP Logged

Qhualor
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
you know you made it in this world when you become a subject of discussion on the Vault. 

LOVE IT!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #48 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Qhualor wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 11:01pm:
you know you made it in this world when you become a subject of discussion on the Vault. 

LOVE IT! 

Gimp.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #49 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 12:06am
Print Post  
The game kinda took a dive when they took shades fucking advice on the en/eh/ee instead of just leaving shit  at epic period.

Although this made soloing hella fucking easy, my 5 year old does shit on en/eh.....
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2014 at 12:10am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint