Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A Paladin's Lament (Read 4841 times)
Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Re: A Paladin's Lament
Reply #25 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on Sep 20th, 2014 at 4:19pm:
Reading the motherboards and the forums here was a big turn off from buying that box when i know other ppl got countless of them for free.

Reading the motherboards of any game is usually a big turn off from playing. If you want to play, just... play. Don't read some bullshit somewhere, just go and play.

And people don't get countless boxes for free. They get to reuse their own bought box, making it far more valuable per dollar spent, but not free. Or so I heard.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #26 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 21st, 2014 at 5:42pm:
You need a title.

How about

Goddamn Moron

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #27 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
This guy is whinning instead of proposing something useful.  I do not care if people dupe items.  The easiest fix in my mind is to make raid items and named items the defacto best items.  To satisfy the power gamers, make the EE version truly worth grinding for and, have a LOWER drop rate than EN and EH.  Make each tier a different skin so that someone's EN weapon is not as magnificent as my EE item of the same.  Make the best items in the game the hardest to get, but the thing that everyone wants and presto.... game fixed.  I spent years grinding for items in Diablo 2 LOD and, despite its small size and repetitive nature, never got bored... and I was certainly not alone.  The juice was worth the squeeze.  DDO has never quite got that message. 

They have great combat system, but cannot get the loot system right to save their lives.  It is a collection of different philosophies on how loot should work and collectively, it is a fail.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2014 at 1:05pm by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint