Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Step by step Astral shard duping. (Read 60083 times)
FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Re: Step by step Astral shard duping.
Reply #75 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 7:24am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 2:26am:
Figured I'd give this a shot, no luck for me.
Regardless of the delay I use for netbalancer (while keeping 0 or little loss) all I get is my shard consumed (which I get credit for) and a message saying
"the item is inaccessible" and another saying
"you must wait a while before using the bank again".

I'm using a gs clickie for the interrupt (maybe unneeded step).
Once I click the gs I immidietly double click the shard and dc (I use a hard wired switch to physically disconnect the Internet plug) after that I move the shard to the bank twice and reconnect.

I tried a few variations and still no luck. Zero success not a single attempt succeeded in getting credit for my shard balance and keeping the shard.

Any tips?

its just a matter of working your timing skills if you cant code your netbalancer rules to dc you as soon as you press a specific key, me for instance i have my netbalancer dc upon pressing the num pad 7 key which happens to be the same key the shards are bound to in my hotbar

(yeah i had some time to sleep and calm down and now i feel like a jerk for my earlier posts in this thread)

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 7:24am:
its just a matter of working your timing skills if you cant code your netbalancer rules to dc you as soon as you press a specific key, me for instance i have my netbalancer dc upon pressing the num pad 7 key which happens to be the same key the shards are bound to in my hotbar

(yeah i had some time to sleep and calm down and now i feel like a jerk for my earlier posts in this thread)

Thank you for your help!

I understood from your example that you dc and hit the shards simultaneously. Is there a software delay between hitting the shard and the dc (wether desirable or not) that you are taking into consideration?

I can try to pull the plug at the same time as I hit the shards (instead of after I double click them) or google net balancer disconnect rule if that is advisable.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:50am by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

ZP
Waterworks Kobold

Zippy!

Reply #77 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:48am
Print Post  
So you're saying that this can only succeed if done by scripting?  Cannot be done manually?  I don't believe that.  I think that some people have timing such that they can do it manually.  This is really system dependent.  I think so people are lucky enough to have the right system to do this.

That being said.  Why isn't it:
1. DC
2. interrupt
3. double click shard

Why is the DC after shard click?

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #78 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:55am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:45am:
Thank you for your help!

I understood from your example that you dc and hit the shards simultaneously. Is there a software delay between hitting the shard and the dc (wether desirable or not) that you are taking into consideration?

I can try to pull the plug at the same time as I hit the shards (instead of after I double click them) or google net balancer disconnect rule if that is advisable.

there is indeed a delay that happens but that is due to processing power, ie: on my amd 8320 the delay is around 0.0002 seconds between both interactions, the game interaction happens first as its the layer i have selected at the time and then the netbalancer kicks in dc'ing me. and this is exactly what you want as you need be connected for the shard to be used and then dc for the packet responsible for your shard to be deleted to be lost in transit so you get to keep the shard

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #79 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:56am
Print Post  
ZP wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:48am:
So you're saying that this can only succeed if done by scripting?  Cannot be done manually?  I don't believe that.  I think that some people have timing such that they can do it manually.  This is really system dependent.  I think so people are lucky enough to have the right system to do this.

That being said.  Why isn't it:
1. DC
2. interrupt
3. double click shard

Why is the DC after shard click?

i have answered this question to the best of my knowledge on my previous post (should be the one right above this)

IP Logged

S
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:56am
Print Post  

I think it's within reason to be upset if some of your work was leaked and claimed by someone else. Especially if there really is a secret step in the instructions, and the person in question fervently denies how they got it. I'd like to know which step is the extra step just for curiousity, but I'm not going to use this either way since it seems like a bad idea.

IP Logged

ZP
Waterworks Kobold

Zippy!

Reply #81 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Is there really an extra step here?
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:04am by ZP »  

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:42am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:55am:
there is indeed a delay that happens but that is due to processing power, ie: on my amd 8320 the delay is around 0.0002 seconds between both interactions, the game interaction happens first as its the layer i have selected at the time and then the netbalancer kicks in dc'ing me. and this is exactly what you want as you need be connected for the shard to be used and then dc for the packet responsible for your shard to be deleted to be lost in transit so you get to keep the shard

Thank you!

I appriciate the detailed explanation, I always rather understand what I'm doing than just follow instructions. Now I have some homework to do figuring out how to set a rule on netbalancer.

Cheers!

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Turbine thanks you for buying lots of virtual game currency with your dollars Roll Eyes

As for me, I'm not motivated enough to even bother with this exploit.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:57am by Illetirated »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #84 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Illetirated wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:56am:
Turbine thanks you for buying lots of virtual game currency with your dollars Roll Eyes

As for me, I'm not motivated enough to even bother with this exploit.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #85 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 11:22am
Print Post  
S wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:56am:
I think it's within reason to be upset if some of your work was leaked and claimed by someone else. Especially if there really is a secret step in the instructions, and the person in question fervently denies how they got it. I'd like to know which step is the extra step just for curiousity, but I'm not going to use this either way since it seems like a bad idea.

i wasnt pissed at the OP, i was pissed to find out someone i trusted was leaking info out once again, but now i have figured out who did it and what info leaked, to the best of my knowledge the OP was not given the full work and was able to figure out thing by himself. whether or not this is accurate is irrelevant now as i finally had some sleep and calmed down.
i apologize for the public meltdown everyone had to bare witness to yday

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 11:40am
Print Post  
S wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:56am:

Work? You mean time spent. There's no work here - it's just a form of parasitism. Yes,  produced by the ridiculous grind that Turbine insists on producing - and a parasitism I've benefited and am grateful from - but parasitism nonetheless.

IP Logged

ZP
Waterworks Kobold

Zippy!

Reply #87 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I just wish there was more time.  So I don't have to be programming like a madman with a deadline.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #88 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 11:40am:
Work? You mean time spent. There's no work here - it's just a form of parasitism. Yes,  produced by the ridiculous grind that Turbine insists on producing - and a parasitism I've benefited and am grateful from - but parasitism nonetheless.

different words same thing Tongue

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #89 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
ZP wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 11:49am:
I just wish there was more time.  So I don't have to be programming like a madman with a deadline.

there will be, monday wont fix this, they are gonna be pulling a hotfix on tuesday though (if my sources are correct)

IP Logged

ZP
Waterworks Kobold

Zippy!

Reply #90 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Still not enough time.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
I looked for an option to apply a rule activation to a key but the version of netbalancer I have doesn't seem to have it. Any idea what version supports this?

IP Logged

Kitler
Korthos Resident

I came I purred I conquered

Reply #92 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
I was wondering the same thing, got the program down and the rule set up but can't hotkey it.  Help would be nice.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
You running the free version?

IP Logged

Kitler
Korthos Resident

I came I purred I conquered

Reply #94 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
ya why does it not have that feature?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #95 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
I don't believe there is hot key for that function - not that I could find anyways.
I interpreted earlier poster as meaning that you need to use coding skills to set it up.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Just a note for all you of you busy duping, Turbine has known all about this exploit for a few weeks so there is a good chance there will be a fix for it with tomorrow's update. 

But, keep in mind that this is Turbine and one door doesn't close that another window is left open. They loathe to really dig deep into code so chances are we will see a type of patch that will create more opportunities even as it closes some.

I and some other fellow enthusiasts I play with are going to keep working on this, as no doubt will the other more well known individuals on the vault. I am happy to collaborate with others so feel free to send me a pm if you would like to swap ideas and experiences.

6 hours left, I'm going to get some sleep, but I suggest you get duping. 
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2014 at 12:54am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

KingLurker
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 1:54am
Print Post  

Welcome back to your old self. It's nice to have you back.
Kobolds still rememeber Barcelot. Kobolds Hate Barcelot.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #98 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:06am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:50pm:
I don't believe there is hot key for that function - not that I could find anyways.
I interpreted earlier poster as meaning that you need to use coding skills to set it up.

dropbear where would i be without you? Cheesy

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #99 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:09am
Print Post  
KingLurker wrote on Sep 29th, 2014 at 1:54am:
Welcome back to your old self. It's nice to have you back.
Kobolds still rememeber Barcelot. Kobolds Hate Barcelot.

ouch, that stings a bit now Tongue but if i ever needed motivation to not let things get to me again, you just gave me that in spades Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint