Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) missed the blitz (Read 6356 times)
ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

missed the blitz
Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Frig they really took the nerf stick to blitz.

I thought the whole point of this update to melee/ranged power was to "bring up the other EDs to the level of master's blitz" according to the devs...

OR, we could just lower blitz down to measly again, and then it'd be no issue.

really a 10% chance that your gonna stack a blitz per hit.

I did a quick test in VON 3 this morning.  when your 1-3 hitting mobs on eH, you are only getting a stack of blitz ONCE every 4-10 mobs...  serious serious nerf.  used to be every kill.

and thats ONLY if you get good dice and make that 10% roll.  as every arcane knows, 10% failure can be a bitch right when you need it.  heh.

during VON 3 this AM I did 2 blitzes, and got neither above 4.   mowed through the quest on eH in something like 13 minutes.  first blitz burned out before I got to the first shrine.   second blitz started at the room with the last shrine, and didnt even make it to the beholder boss.  I was trashing dozens of mobs, making hundreds of swings, and never saw a blitz above 4.

This is now a useless capstone for any serious melee.  from the absolute best to the worst.

funny Pally went the other way Smiley

but seriously.   decrease the damage output perhaps, (which they did anyways) reduce the amount of melee power LD can have because blitz is OP (ya they did that too) but then ALSO make it impossible for any toon other than a cleric doing 20 damage per swing on EE be able to get a stack of 10 going.

stupid.

I used to spend 4 minutes prepping a blitz before popping.

Now Im gonna pop a blitz and spend 4 minutes with a scroll in my hand trying to land as many punches as possible WITHOUT killing anything to get my blitz prepped.

this is dumb dumb classic turdbine action.

My vent.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Re: missed the blitz
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
i was gonna say something sarcastic and ironic but fuck it

turbine has been, and will always be, gay and retarded

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Blitz is phenomenal now on throwers however. Can maintain 10 stacks with little trouble

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
ya I made my swashbuckler around LD and blitz.  unless I figure out how to make it work now its gonna be back to the drawing board.

getting 9k crits on stunned mobs with a handaxe was jokes. 

gonna miss it

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
havent tried it yet on live. last time on lama against kobolds that do not die, i failed a few times to even get a single stack. That was on a swf toon at 45 atk speed, haste boosted, and doublestrike at 30%.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

GrizzlyBear
Korthos Resident

duh?!

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
The fact that an epic moment can be kept so long while others only last a few seconds longer is quite dumb...
Don't take it bad I like it, but it should be just a moment just like the others... a single-instant-hyperdestructive strike or few seconds in demigod mode...

And yes... the damage nerf was unnecessary...

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
This is the problem when turbine nerfs, they make it useless on 90% of chars.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2014 at 3:36pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:36pm:
Blitz is phenomenal now on throwers however. Can maintain 10 stacks with little trouble

Awesome.  Proof the chuckers suck.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
ya my toon is a SWF swashbuckler with 45% alacrity and 40% doublestrike.   

and still getting 1 or 2 stacks per 20 mobs.  on eH.

Turdbine powercreeps the mobs until only a VERY high end toon can solo even trash stuff.   trash mobs with 10-15k hp and whatnot.

if your doing 100 damage per swing...  thats over 100 swings to take down a mob.   just stupid.

blitz was the one stop ED for melee builds.  but now its looking like its gonna be divine crusader, or just take your spikes with fury or something.

I was just beginning to have fun with a melee toon again with the swashbuckler.  now done get my wrong, there still LOTS to love about it, and the playability was great.  but with blitz it was just gravy.   super fun to play, group with or solo.   annoying that its gone.

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:42pm:
havent tried it yet on live. last time on lama against kobolds that do not die, i failed a few times to even get a single stack. That was on a swf toon at 45 atk speed, haste boosted, and doublestrike at 30%.

This is a perfect example of why Blitz is now broken. For someone running the fastest available attacking speed to not be able to build and keep it means they screwed up their goal of "balancing the power nerf with making it more sustainable."

Also the OP's example of taking on 4-10 mobs at a time swinging super fast and not getting procs. Ridiculous.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
I'll try with twf later and see how it goes.

Anyways, it might be better on EE, since the mobs have more hp.

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #11 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Sep 29th, 2014 at 10:57pm:
I'll try with twf later and see how it goes.

Anyways, it might be better on EE, since the mobs have more hp.

Ran all the new stuff on ee yesterday and never got my stack above 3 once.. On the beholder boss.. Useless crap.

This was on a acrobat with full thf line and a load of double strike.

IP Logged

Oyster
Korthos Resident

I Love Oysters!

Reply #12 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Don't worry guys, it's just a simple bug, Turbine will fix it soon!

...in 50 years, I hope.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 3:04am
Print Post  
I was running ee necro 4 on my cetus yes, and I had no problems at all with blitz. I easily got the stack up to 10, and was critting like every other hit. Well, except when I was knocked on my ass or stunned by the casters in Fleshmaker's. As long as I had something to hit, I could keep blitz up, and I really like how you now can keep it up on bosses too.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 5:01am
Print Post  
On a 16/2/2 monk I could easily keep blitz up in EE and while fighting a boss I could see my 10th charge renewing every 7-9 seconds.

Given I do like to dive into a cluster of mobs and hit whirlwind.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #15 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 5:17am
Print Post  
new blitz is for nubz

l2p nubz

IP Logged

Trainwreck
Korthos Resident

Shrines are for pussies

Reply #16 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
There are no words to describe how absolute BS it is what turbine did to nerf blitz.  Shitty players complain about casters ruining their blitzes instead of just learning to be better players and this is what happens.
Yes it makes boss fights easier.
Yes the loading of a blitz was retarded.
Still you could just learn to be a better player or work with your group and get your blitz up to 10 going into a boss fight and even on EE it still wouldn't be down to 5 by the time the fight was over if you built your toon even half decent. 
Thanks for completely taking the challenge and fun out of one of the most addicting aspects of the game you fucking fucktards.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 3:26am
Print Post  
Trainwreck wrote on Sep 30th, 2014 at 6:59pm:
There are no words to describe how absolute BS it is what turbine did to nerf blitz.  Shitty players complain about casters ruining their blitzes instead of just learning to be better players and this is what happens.
Yes it makes boss fights easier.
Yes the loading of a blitz was retarded.
Still you could just learn to be a better player or work with your group and get your blitz up to 10 going into a boss fight and even on EE it still wouldn't be down to 5 by the time the fight was over if you built your toon even half decent. 
Thanks for completely taking the challenge and fun out of one of the most addicting aspects of the game you fucking fucktards.

So much butthurt about the fucking blitz. How about you fucking learn to play the game and stop fucking whining?

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 3:26am:
So much butthurt about the fucking blitz. How about you fucking learn to play the game and stop fucking whining?

The awkward moment when I agree with Thaz.   Shocked

IP Logged

ThE PhAnTOM GoD
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:01am
Print Post  
I don't understand the problem with blitz.  Yes it was nerfed, but do your builds really depend on it that much to see so much difference in your toons?  My DPS went down a bit, but nothing to cry over

IP Logged

Ugg the Unwise
Titan Demolisher

Reply #20 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:25am
Print Post  
ThE PhAnTOM GoD wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:01am:
I don't understand the problem with blitz.  Yes it was nerfed, but do your builds really depend on it that much to see so much difference in your toons?  My DPS went down a bit, but nothing to cry over

If you could keep it going through an entire quest before but cannot stack it now I'd say your dps went down to about 50% of pre u23.. that's quite a bit imo..

I was actually looking forward to the change but it just seem more broken now

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Found an easy way to get blitz charges.  Gather about 10 trash mobs.  Throw about 10 tornadoes at them.  Each "tic" counts as a "hit".  Each "hit" has a 10% chance of procing a charge.  I was able to build a 10 stack almost instantly.
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:30am by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:29am:
Found an easy way to get blitz charges.  Gather about 10 trash mobs.  Throw about 10 tornadoes at them.  Each "tic" counts as a "hit".  Each "hit" has a 10% chance of procing a charge.  I was able to build a 10 stack almost instantly.

Wills and ways lol.

IP Logged

ThE PhAnTOM GoD
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Ugg the Unwise wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:25am:
If you could keep it going through an entire quest before but cannot stack it now I'd say your dps went down to about 50% of pre u23.. that's quite a bit imo..

I was actually looking forward to the change but it just seem more broken now

I haven't had any issues with stacking blitz, and that is on a two handed fighter.  Not to mention after U23 my base damage went up about 80 points a swing on the first number. 

It may not be what it was, but with all the changes implemented it worked out just fine.

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 11:12am
Print Post  
The increase in dps from melee power is definite. On lama, I checked it out, and I seem to recall my build (dunno whether it was Dwarf Swasher or some Pally build) seeming to have a bit higher dps in blitz than (some other destiny, probably DC).

On live, I can now take out most trash mobs pretty easily with just my norm dps, and a pair of cleaves (dwarf swash). Haven't personally tried blitzing on live because working primal for ePL/ECompletionist. But I expect to have a number of frustrating instances of my blitz not building.

For those above who have had it build no problem, that happens. It's 10% chance. You can also have it not build at all. Just because it worked for you each time doesn't mean the many experiences of it not building didn't suck and didn't happen.

Figured out using Tornadoes to build blitz in u22 to compensate for casters. Definitely will be helpful still with these changes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint