Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Duping Drama Thread Where Fran & Leslie 69 (Read 15437 times)
Angry
Puppy Farmer

Re: Duping Drama Thread Where Fran & Leslie 69
Reply #50 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:46am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:40am:
She can't say yes, because someone would tell cordovan...
And if she says no, no one is going to believe her anyways and probably starts some other rage at her because she was trying to deny that the PC is using exploits...

So why do you want an anser? I doubt the PC is talking openly in the official forums if they are using exploits and since they are from different servers Thaz is not knowing everyone too well I guess...

In the end... not using exploits was one of the requirements to be part of the PC, if I remember correctly. So you got your answer. ;P

Pretty much this.

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:47am
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:40am:
She can't say yes, because someone would tell cordovan...
And if she says no, no one is going to believe her anyways and probably starts some other rage at her because she was trying to deny that the PC is using exploits...

So why do you want an anser? I doubt the PC is talking openly in the official forums if they are using exploits and since they are from different servers Thaz is not knowing everyone too well I guess...

In the end... not using exploits was one of the requirements to be part of the PC, if I remember correctly. So you got your answer. ;P

Nope, Flav and Durk can say one way or another no probs, but they don't worry so much about what other people think.  Smiley  Ironically, that is one reason why they are both liked more the Micki, including by the people who may disagree with them about their stances.  Smiley Smiley

Just nice to see where someone stands, as opposed to someone who wants it both ways!! what can I say? I don't like wishy washy politicians even tiny little ones like DDO politicians!!!  Grin Grin Grin  So I have lots of contempt for Micki's constant pointless "like me please, I'm hip" drivel!!!  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:44am:
I find raging at you to be a complete waste of time, so there's that.

Really? but I thought I hadn't seen your "mighty rage!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:46am:
Pretty much this.

Nice, just tag onto someone else statement.... sort of because:

Angry wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:40am:
I'm not saying anything at all...

Grin Grin

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #54 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 9:37am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 6:18am:
*Turbine offices*
-Hey check this out!
-OMG Leslie and Fran asking for SETTING EXAMPLE, hell yea! WOOO-hooo!!
-Lets do it, fock those dupers hard!
-Hm. This guy duped gazzillions of LOB, shroud and thunderholme matz!
-Yea-yea but he spent over 10k dollars over 4 years.
-Oh yea, got it, lets check the next one.
-Premium 8k dollars, duped otto stones.
-Next one...

*after days of considering what to do*
-We-hell, since we cannot control the damage done, marketing and PR came up with the most suitable conclusion, you guys ARE GONNA LLLLUUUV it!
*curious faces*
-We will cube threads mentioning ddovault and or exploits!!!

If they dunno it exists, it doesnt exist! -Turbine(™) Wink

I know players who have spent in the ranges you describe who have been banned for duping.  Not permanently, but were given vacations.  You may think that spending is enough to make you ban-proof, but I'm not sure that is reality.

Also, my experience is that the majority of heavy dupers are former VIP's who went premium and stopped spending money in the store for the most part.  They made a shit ton of shards and TP when Turbine was in the BtCoE craze by grinding eGH and High Road EE quests like mad.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #55 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 9:50am
Print Post  
The last game I played that had widespread duping was Diablo 2 LOD.  It was slightly different in that game as there were websites dedicated to selling items for cash.  It was fixed with the "Rust Storm" and the game quickly decended from there.  I hope they do not make the same mistake with this game. 

I for one suggested they go back to raid loot being the best loot in the game.  If they do indeed make some changes, they also need to consider lessening the raid timers.  The bypass is a good money maker, but they also need to keep people involved more often since raiding is the end game for most.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #56 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 9:37am:
I know players who have spent in the ranges you describe who have been banned for duping.  Not permanently, but were given vacations.  You may think that spending is enough to make you ban-proof, but I'm not sure that is reality.

Also, my experience is that the majority of heavy dupers are former VIP's who went premium and stopped spending money in the store for the most part.  They made a shit ton of shards and TP when Turbine was in the BtCoE craze by grinding eGH and High Road EE quests like mad.

I am sure it makes u permaban proof. But not ban proof, thatz prolly right on ur account.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Yourmom
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
What about the members of the PC who use "features", what do they explain to you about that?  Undecided

I'll answer your question for you.  Yes PC members use exploits.  Yes they have been caught and their account wiped of all goodies and given 2 week bans.  I personally have given items to one of the members who had his inventory completely wiped.

No they were not kicked off of the player council for these infractions and still continue to rape Turbine in the ass.

All of these methods have been sent to Turbine staff and they know of all methods from paladins jumping on Lamm and duping just to report it.  They simply do not have time to fix these issues because their game is dying off and they are more worried about raising level cap, finishing new endgame, and fixing new content so everyone has a stable end game.

Why does everyone think these features will get fixed?  With all the changes they implement into the game now it will cause other coding errors just making us use an old dupe method instead. 

Why would you waste manpower on something that can easily be broken again?

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #58 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 11:25am
Print Post  
I've always said this about exploits:

"I don't need exploits to become awesome."

Although it does save some bit of grind, but running quests is what I do. It's fun to get pretty shinies, however it's even more fun to run quests/raids for said pretty shinies. Or even without the shinies. I felt some degree of personal satisfaction when taking down the Lord of Blades (back when it was new) after several failed tries - even when I had the mats I needed - just because it was there.

So - what do we do today?

The same thing we do every day. Take over the world.

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #59 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
One is a genius, the other insane.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2014 at 12:33pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #60 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 11:25am:
The same thing we do every day. Take over the world

Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 12:33pm:
One is a genius, the other insane.

Their twilight campaign
Is easy to explain.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #61 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Cheesy

IP Logged

Socks?
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
matty, barcelot

I smell socks worn by the foot.

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Socks? wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 1:23pm:
I smell socks worn by the foot.

Really? they smell of happiness, contentment, snark, joy, and green chillies?????

That's right ladies, green chilies!!!  oh yeah!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hmm how did you get to smell either of them..... oh wait!! your called socks?!!!  Grin Grin Grin  missed that at first, well makes sure to say hi to them for us all and ask matty where he left those TP everyone was supposed to win, or do you have them socks?  Wink Wink

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Yourmom wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 10:23am:
I'll answer your question for you.  Yes PC members use exploits.  Yes they have been caught and their account wiped of all goodies and given 2 week bans.  I personally have given items to one of the members who had his inventory completely wiped.

No they were not kicked off of the player council for these infractions and still continue to rape Turbine in the ass.

All of these methods have been sent to Turbine staff and they know of all methods from paladins jumping on Lamm and duping just to report it.  They simply do not have time to fix these issues because their game is dying off and they are more worried about raising level cap, finishing new endgame, and fixing new content so everyone has a stable end game.

Why does everyone think these features will get fixed?  With all the changes they implement into the game now it will cause other coding errors just making us use an old dupe method instead. 

Dude! where have you been?? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Nice post, nice to see you back! Smiley

IP Logged

Fiery Foot
Ex Member

Reply #65 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Their twilight campaign
Is easy to explain.

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #66 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
Really? they smell of happiness, contentment, snark, joy, and green chillies?????

That's right ladies, green chilies!!!  oh yeah!!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hmm how did you get to smell either of them..... oh wait!! your called socks?!!!  Grin Grin Grin  missed that at first, well makes sure to say hi to them for us all and ask matty where he left those TP everyone was supposed to win, or do you have them socks?  Wink Wink

What was the original name of The Beastie Boys's first album?
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2014 at 2:01am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #67 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Quote:
Nope, Flav and Durk can say one way or another no probs, but they don't worry so much about what other people think.

Are you actually defending me ? That's a new one, you're usually bashing me.

Yourmom wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 10:23am:
They simply do not have time to fix these issues because their game is dying off and they are more worried about raising level cap, finishing new endgame, and fixing new content so everyone has a stable end game.

The current crop of devs are more worried about doing lasting changes to the game ( stuff they can put on their resume for when they get laid off ) than working on bug fixes.
If, during their fever to make yet more system changes to the game they come up a bug that can be fixed easily and without much waste of time they will do it, even if it's a but that has been there for ages ( see the weird old bugs fixed in U23 and the patch ), but that's it.

Solving the duping issue, as it has been stated here numerous time would require a major rewrite of the the client, the server and the database system to use scripted transactions...
That would need : a decent amount of time, a Clue in Database and in stored transactions, a clue how network actually works... that's too many clues and too much time.
Fixing Classes and Epicfying old quests is better, faster, easier and especially don't need a clue.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

longbolts
Dirty Sock

I Love Socks!

Reply #68 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 10:07am
Print Post  
how pissed would you be if your dick hung down so low it touched  toilet water every time you took a shit ? nigger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint