Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Tinfoil hat: the reason new items are bta (Read 26632 times)
Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Tinfoil hat: the reason new items are bta
Oct 7th, 2014 at 5:34am
Print Post  
b/c so many people have duped astral shards, and they need people to stay + play the game.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Tinfoil hat: the reason new items are bta
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Actually no, it was one of the request from the PC for the Orchard Items.

They might have thought about it too... but several people in the PC ( me included ) asked for items to be BTA and not BTCoE or other kind of BtC.
It had nothing to do with AS duping and everything to do with Inventory Management... We can pass along to another toon a BtA item while a BtCoE item gives us only the option to sell it once we don't need it anymore...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Now if only PC would have the influence to make items BtAoE...

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 6:17am:

They might have thought about it too... but several people in the PC ( me included ) asked for items to be BTA and not BTCoE or other kind of BtC.
It had nothing to do with AS duping and everything to do with Inventory Management... We can pass along to another toon a BtA item while a BtCoE item gives us only the option to sell it once we don't need it anymore...

Smart move.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Why not btaoe?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Hiding wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 5:34am:
b/c so many people have duped astral shards, and they need people to stay + play the game.

I suspect this.  I've never spent a dime on shard and have acquired/spent thousands of them.  I know many players who have a zillion shards are well, I doubt these were all purchased.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:56am
Print Post  

If this is true, you've fucked over us people who like to sell stuff.  There's no reason for people to run stuff after they got the loot needed for their individual needs.

What's left that worth farming now?  White Dragon chest in TOR?  Loot hunting is a big part of this game, all this BTA stuff kills making a profit from it.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:58am by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
It was already mentioned.
If people cant sell stuff on asah whats the point in doing that pack when you have all the gear from it.

IP Logged

JollyRoger
Korthos Resident

I love myself

Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 12:02pm:
If people cant sell stuff on asah whats the point in doing that pack when you have all the gear from it.

/signed

Now that i know the true i really hate PC  Angry
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2014 at 12:46pm by JollyRoger »  

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
So a small group of twats speak for all of us .......... fucken idiots the PC

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:56am:
this is true, you've fucked over us people who like to sell stuff.  There's no reason for people to run stuff after they got the loot needed for their individual needs.

What's left that worth farming now?  White Dragon chest in TOR?  Loot hunting is a big part of this game, all this BTA stuff kills making a profit from it.

Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 12:02pm:

We knows, they knows and that's why I have doubt on the impact we had...
They were probably already leaning heavilly towards BtA when we chimed in, and we just pushed them over the edge.

In all honesty, the only thingin game that I can reasonably tie to my PC membership is the name of the Rune Arm in 3BC :  St Murray's Fire.

When it was first suggested in the Pc it was nameless and we were asked to help name it if we had ideas... To keep in the theme I suggested St Elmo Fire.
At the next update we had a name on that runearm : St Murray's Fire. ( note : I wasn't the only one making suggestions for the name )

All the rest is pure speculation, since beside some power suggestions in items we have no clue of the impact we had.

But yes, some of us wanted BtA loot for Orchard... We got BtA loot.

Honestly BtAoE would really be the best of all world, but it doesn't seem to be on the plate. Also Difficulty Tiered loot with a way to upgrade would be nice... but it's also not on the plate as far as I can tell. it would make everybody happy ( those that pass down to other toons their loot and those that like to sell stuff ).

As I stated numerous time the current crop of devs is more interested in padding the resume with lasting system changes than making small fixes or small changes that can't valued in a resume.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
They probably didnt put btaoe because most of the people already had necro pack so they dont care, but I can gurantee next pack that will be new will have either btcoe or btaoe.

IP Logged

Quak
Dragon Raider

Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 11:53am:
Why not btaoe?

Because programming this requires ppl that Turbine fired long ago.

Apart from that, people whined for over a year about loot being btcoe. It was said it ruined the game, it was said it ruined playing, it was said to stop adding btcoe items. Also by me. And I love selling low price items for high price on the shard exchange Wink The game was a lot better when people had to work for gear instead of being able to buy it off the auction house. However, it's broken now and people leave the game to play other things because ddo became horribly repetitive and boring. Grinding for gear is one thing but doing the same fucking epic tr's over and over and over again because there's nothing else to do... that's annoying. Took me 21 epic tr's without ottos stones to realize that.

I still wish the shard, seal and scroll system came back.. I liked it :p
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2014 at 2:01pm by Quak »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:53pm:
They probably didnt put btaoe because most of the people already had necro pack so they dont care, but I can gurantee next pack that will be new will have either btcoe or btaoe.

Two packs in a row are BTA, true both packs are recycled content. 

And tiered loot is gone, probably forever.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:58pm:
Two packs in a row are BTA, true both packs are recycled content. 

And tiered loot is gone, probably forever.

Exactly, most people already had 3bc and necro.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #15 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:55pm:
Because programming this requires ppl that Turbine fired long ago.

Apart from that, people whined for over a year about loot being btcoe. It was said it ruined the game, it was said it ruined playing, it was said to stop adding btcoe items. Also by me. And I love selling low price items for high price on the shard exchange Wink The game was a lot better when people had to work for gear instead of being able to buy it off the auction house. However, it's broken now and people leave the game to play other things because ddo became horribly repetitive and boring. Grinding for gear is one thing but doing the same fucking epic tr's over and over and over again because there's nothing else to do... that's annoying. Took me 21 epic tr's without ottos stones to realize that.

Took me 3 etrs to realize that, you just do same 50 quests over and over again.
But I did 17 more because Im addicted to ddo and not really interested in heroic.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2014 at 2:06pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 2:17pm
Print Post  

Please don't take this post personally if you didn't make this happen.

You and whoever came up with this shitty system are retarded.

- bta kills the asah
- so less profit for our game, retard
- those quests are boring, so more people quit, retard
- once people get their gear, they stop running this stuff, retard
- anyone can run it on any toon, gearing up their shitty toons (which is sort of ok, so I didn't call you a retard) - BUT that's true of any non-bound equipment you idiot!
- who wants to run content where they've got the items?!? You retard!

And, well, generaly anger from me! grrrrrrrr@!!!!

Ok, tbh, I don't know really why I'm annoyed. Just slightly am. I hope people run this after they've got what they need b/c the love running old content a billion times.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #17 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
There is no new saga with necro in u23?
Lol, way to kill epic pack before it was even released.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #18 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Quak wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 1:55pm:

I was with you until you said this.  That system was a nightmare.  The drop rates were ungodly horrible for the best items and there was no incremental progress.  How many eRoSS's were there across all servers before the first bag bug?  To the point where people weren't sure it even existed.  People were doing 200+ runs and no closer than they were on the first run.  It chased good players from the game due to an infinite grind.

If you had trade in barter options (even at 10 to 1 or 20 to 1) or if you had 20th run lists off of the epic raids that included seals/shards then I could get behind it.  But the system as-is sucked ass.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #19 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
On topic of Bt(C/A)oA vs Bt(C/A)oE, I tend to think that Raid Loot should always be BtCoA and non-raid loot should be BtCoE.  You can trade BtCoE gear between your toons using the ASAH.  And you maintain a secondary market, which is, typically, more good for the game than bad.  It maintains the value of content longer, assuming you don't marginalize the gear with power creep.

And Raid Loot should always be more powerful than the regular quest loot in any content.  By a decent amount.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Thanks Flav, I like the BtA Items. Smiley

But I also liked the seal,shard,scroll system. Although I hated sands for having too many items and too low drop chances, so that it was very unlikely to finish the item you want.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #21 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
SwashbucklerHater wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:03pm:
Thanks Flav, I like the BtA Items. Smiley

But I also liked the seal,shard,scroll system. Although I hated sands for having too many items and too low drop chances, so that it was very unlikely to finish the item you want.

The benefit of the Seal/Shard/Scroll system was that some items were tradable, some were not.  So you had the best of the "on equip" and the "on acquire" model.  People needed to run the quests for themselves for seals and shards and yet some players could just run them to grind scrolls to sell.  But no matter what, in order to gear your toon you needed to run quests.

If they had tweaked the grind on that model a bit, I think it would have been a winner vs. switching to the completed BtCoE epic items with random properties model of MoTU and then to the EN/EH/EE model of BtCoE loot with High Road and GH and then to BtA model with upgrades.  As it is, there are at least 4 different loot models in play from epic quests with a multitude of different ingredients to use as turn ins, upgrades, craftings, etc.   

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #22 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Yea, s/s/s would be great if you could exchange 3:1 seal for seal, shard for shard, scroll of scroll, and make them all not bound.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #23 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 4:31pm:
Yea, s/s/s would be great if you could exchange 3:1 seal for seal, shard for shard, scroll of scroll, and make them all not bound.

This.

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 2:28pm:
There is no new saga with necro in u23?
Lol, way to kill epic pack before it was even released.

Maybe a saga when they make necro 1-3 epic

Necro 1 lvl 20-21 easy like house p
Necro 2 lvl 22-23 like sschindylryn/demonweb
Necro 3 lvl 24-25 like gianthold

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint