Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) So supposed heal amp "fix" who's pet project it is (Read 15861 times)
Wipe
VoD Slasher

So supposed heal amp "fix" who's pet project it is
Oct 11th, 2014 at 11:09am
Print Post  
I mean we kinda got used to they always "working" or changing stuff that works well and doesn't need anything while leaving important shit untouched or broken for years.

Who's pet project it is ? Severlin or one of you PC Council guys that know nada about the game, or how to build and play good toons ?

What's wrong with heal amp ?
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2014 at 11:14am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: So supposed heal amp "fix" who's pet project it is
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 11th, 2014 at 11:09am:
I mean we kinda got used to they always "working" or changing stuff that works well and doesn't need anything while leaving important shit untouched or broken for years.

Who's pet project it is ? Severlin or one of you PC Council guys that know nada about the game, or how to build and play good toons ?

It's not PC members...
We have no voice when it comes to the Future of DDO... We can just nudge it here and there when we have an epidermic reaction to things we see.
( like things that will remain unsaid about the Harper's Tree for example )

Once again we are just a panel of players that is asked to look at and give feedback on ideas that can potentially be inserted in future updates.

In some case, we form a cohesive enough block against that idea and it can eventually gets dropped [ until next year ]... in other cases we form a cohesive enough block for the idea that it all blocks gets removed and it's implemented as fast as possible [typical example : Mirrors of Glamering ]. In other cases we are just like the rest of the forum, we nitpick, go off topic, start to ask for things that have absolutely no relation to the idea Turbine wants feedback on... and last there's all the cases where we are split, and where Turbine does as they want.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Pc members are big pile of shit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Meh.  It's an imperfect system.  What do you expect?  Just like the Devs are people with pet projects/priorities, so are the PC members.  And, at the end of the day they are just an advisory board.  Not the final decision makers.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 3:48pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #6 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
It's one of the reasons people are scared when they decide to 'fix' things!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
If heal amp gets the same treatment as dodge and exceptional skill bonuses I'm all for it.

As the system stands the devs can't reasonably introduce higher value heal amp items without dire consequences.

Imo feats/buffs/ED's are fine and introduced much more slowly to the game, so only looking only at changing the stacking from equipment bonuses is necessary:

Break gear into categories:
Enhancement  - only the highest is applied
Insight       -  only the highest is applied
Exceptional - stacks with different values
Profane - only the highest is applied
Unique - stacks

Once that's done, keep the system with: buffs * enhancements * pastlife feats * gear.  You've given yourself a lot of room for freedom with gear which should be enough, changing how every thing stacks may lead to serious nerfs.

Currently in game (from items only):
Normal builds :have a max potential of - 10*20*30  = 71.6% boost
Firestance jidz tet ka builds : 10*20*25*30 = 114.5% boost
Full retard fleshmakers firestance jidz tet ka heal amp builds: 110base * 10 * 20 * 25 * 30 = 135.9% boost

My proposal (from items only):
Normal builds: drop to 60% 
Jidz tet ka builds: would also drop to 60%, so  I'd say it's reasonable to type the jidz tet ka bonus seperately to normal gear. 1.6*1.25 = 100% boost, only a small nerf for now
Full retard fleshmakers firestance jidz tet ka heal amp build: The fleshmakers bonus is currently a unique benefit ingame, so there should be no need to change it, meaning 1.1base * 1.6 * 1.25 =120% boost.

A system like this would allow for better graded healing amp items to be introduced. Then provided jidz tet ka and fleshmakers stay unique the nerf post patch would be minimal. Once the devs introduce a Heal amp VII item (70%) all builds would be very close to their current max later Heal amp VIII would put them ahead slightly, allowing the devs could carry on with incremental bonuses without fear.

People may cry initially, but whilst we have to make do (lol) with a 60% max from enhancement bonuses, we've also freed up the slots we used to spend on our old 10/20 items. That should be more than enough to cover the loss whilst we all wait for newer better items to arrive.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2014 at 6:57pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

itsmineisawitfirst
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
What Munk said ^

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 11th, 2014 at 11:09am:

The reason for the change (for once) makes sense.

The changes will be a buff for some builds, no change for most builds that care about HA.. and a nerf for builds that were complete crap as they went for every last point of HA they could, regardless of how much offense or defense they lost.

So tldr -- Gimp builds got nerfed.. everyone else has no change or a buff.

IP Logged

Dargon
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:26am
Print Post  
Munk, I'm confused by your statement about 60% being standard, and also ppl freeing up their 10/20 spots.

Do different value items not stack anymore, and so only 30item + 30enhancements(racial/pally/monk) stack?

I'm assuming stacking mechanic is same as it always was, in which case I just need breakdown of any changes CURRENTLY in place from what it was an update or two ago.

Thanks

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Ash wrote on Oct 11th, 2014 at 11:05pm:
The reason for the change (for once) makes sense.

The changes will be a buff for some builds, no change for most builds that care about HA.. and a nerf for builds that were complete crap as they went for every last point of HA they could, regardless of how much offense or defense they lost.

So tldr -- Gimp builds got nerfed.. everyone else has no change or a buff.

Ok, so I'm not the best player in the world so can you tell me if I nerfed my build?

I'm in heroics and my sources of heal amp are the three human enhancement tiers and my set of Leviks bracers?

Just how fucked and I now and how much extra am I going to be fucked after Turbine is done with my tender asshole.

I took all three tiers

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 4:00am
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:57am:
Ok, so I'm not the best player in the world so can you tell me if I nerfed my build?

I'm in heroics and my sources of heal amp are the three human enhancement tiers and my set of Leviks bracers?

Just how fucked and I now and how much extra am I going to be fucked after Turbine is done with my tender asshole.

I took all three tiers

Better reroll.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Dargon wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:26am:
Munk, I'm confused by your statement about 60% being standard, and also ppl freeing up their 10/20 spots.

Do different value items not stack anymore, and so only 30item + 30enhancements(racial/pally/monk) stack?

I'm assuming stacking mechanic is same as it always was, in which case I just need breakdown of any changes CURRENTLY in place from what it was an update or two ago.

Thanks

Currently they are only talking about with the PC, no changes to lammania or live servers yet.

About your other questions... just read his post again... he explained it well enough that your questions should be answered already. Wink

Apart from that... as long as they only touch the hamp stacking mechanic of items and keep the stacking of all other sources I am completely fine with this change.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2014 at 4:15am by SwashbucklerHater »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #14 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 5:17am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 11th, 2014 at 5:22pm:
LOL!

Stop laughing at violence against women you evil republican! Grin Cheesy
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014 at 8:45am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #15 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Dargon wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:26am:

Really? I thought I'd made that post pretty clear.

Currently the single highest healing amp item value is 30%(gloves), which stacks with lower valued items ie. 10% (motu bracers) and 20% (tod ring)

If healing amp gets the same treatment as dodge, the 30% item becomes a 60% item, but it won't stack with the healing amp on my ring (40%) and bracers (20%) after they all get their values doubled.

Ie.  My gloves now provide 60% healing amp, and I'm free to use my bracer and ring slots on newer better items.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
KilgoreTrout wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:57am:

I took all three tiers

I think you will be very happy with the changes.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #17 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Dunno but I doubt they will do like you think monk, I think they will fuck with how it stacks multiplicatively.  I am of the opinion they will nerf it but make it easier to slot.

Instead of slotting a 20% and 30% item they will just nerf it and allow anyone to slot one 60 or 70% item.

Remember the clickies that used to increase fire/ice etc damage by a % and how they nerfed them to add like + spell power to that type instead.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:27am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #18 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:19am:
Instead of slotting a 20% and 30% item they will just nerf it and allow anyone to slot one 60 or 70% item.

Well 1.6 > 1.56 so that's not really a nerf. It might free up inventory slot.
But I suspect raising ml of 60 item so goodbye 20 and 30 at level 20.
I still don't understand WHY but whatever, if they think it's needed now, what the fuck do we know about THEIR game.
But if it's gonna reduce fleshie healing, A LOT of good people will be pissed.
Bladeforged must be pretty good seller - gotta milk more though !

Thank you both Councillors ™. We are none the wiser.
Pitchforks still at the ready.

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:52am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #19 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 10:49am:
Well 1.6 > 1.56 so that's not really a nerf. It might free up inventory slot.
But I suspect raising ml of 60 item so goodbye 20 and 30 at level 20.
I still don't understand WHY but whatever, if they think it's needed now, what the fuck do we know about THEIR game.
But if it's gonna reduce fleshie healing, A LOT of good people will be pissed.
Bladeforged must be pretty good seller - gotta milk more though !

Thank you both Councillors ™. We are none the wiser.
Pitchforks still at the ready.

the 60/70% are just numbers I pulled out of my arse, point is I think they will nerf hamp but maybe change the numbers on items to appear like they are more when they are not really.

Like those clickies I am talking about after the pass they became total garbage.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #20 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Not many people have more than 30 gloves and 20 on bracers ( or gasp - Tod ring ).
So that 60 % out of yer arse is pretty standard number.

Those human shintao kotcs with 3 pally lives, Jizz bracers in fire and Purity twisted are 1 in million, noone sane plays that shit. What the fuck's the point - oh right some super awesome build with vampirism wraps. Lol.

Hmm spellpower clickies, at least we got alchemical pots now.
It's a bitch to restock but at least you don't have to carry million clickies.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #21 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 11:30am:
Not many people have more than 30 gloves and 20 on bracers ( or gasp - Tod ring ).
So that 60 % out of yer arse is pretty standard number.

Those human shintao kotcs with 3 pally lives, Jizz bracers in fire and Purity twisted are 1 in million, noone sane plays that shit. What the fuck's the point - oh right some super awesome build with vampirism wraps. Lol.

Hmm spellpower clickies, at least we got alchemical pots now.
It's a bitch to restock but at least you don't have to carry million clickies.

Whats your point you want them to nerf hamp?  I am not talking about specific builds here.  How about this, lets take away classes and lets make everyone a dps/healer/tank with the same amount amount of hamp and all holds hands and sing cumbaya?

Seems to me it is what they want an overall nerf to hamp but allow everyone to use the lesser form of it at a lower cost but higher ml.

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2014 at 11:51am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #22 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Anyway, get your pitchforks and torches ready... I'm sure it will officially be in the open monday...

The only thing I'm going to ask you is to do the maths on your characters before starting to put me on the stake ( and Turbine, and the other PC members ).

I know math are tough, especially Shade Maths, but take the time to do it.

I also hope that turbine will listen to the PC request and gives you the reason why it has to be like that.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #23 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 2:48pm:
Anyway, get your pitchforks and torches ready... I'm sure it will officially be in the open monday...

That's encouraging..

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #24 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
I'm eager to see how they handle this. Another critical element of the game, could be a decider on whether time invested was wasted or not. On what side will Rutbine fall...?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint