Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ok, So i need suggestions on this crazy idea... (Read 2882 times)
FiddlePigSticker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Ok, So i need suggestions on this crazy idea...
Oct 13th, 2014 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Basically i have this crazy idea to farm enough TP's to get a kraken.(yeah Lol), or even another p2w ship. I figured instead of depositing the $200 some odd dollars, I would make multiple accounts and run them all to 100 favor each server. so basically each account would get 1000tp's then i can just let the one on server im on into guild, donate shards etc.  am I missing something? this plain out dumb/gay/lame/cry for help?  or just a grindy mission

IP Logged

FiddlePigSticker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Ok, So i need suggestions on this crazy idea...
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
btw...how many clients have some of you ran at the same time?...i run 2 np.  I havnt tried more than that

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Let me just say that if you go ahead with your plan - by the time you finish or give up, you'll wish you had spent the $200.
Not making any judgments on your cash or spare time, but after doing this, you'll probably hate the game so much that you won't want to play it anymore.    Undecided

On the technical side, with the latest launcher you can now theoretically run up to 6 clients (ie. full party) on a single machine that has the memory to handle it.
In practice, when I am multi-box farming I run 3 clients across two machines, or 2 clients across 3 machines - depending on what I am doing and what toons I need access to quickly.

Make sure the dormant clients are set to ultra low graphics, windowed mode and lowest resolution that keeps them playable.  They don't need to do very much, so reduce the workload on the machine.

You then have a choice of manually controlling them or using software like IS Boxer that sends a single input to all clients on a network or computer.
The real problem you will have in DDO is coordinated movement.
Factors such as lag and different movement speeds (items, classes and enhancements) can mean not all move the same.  The latter probably won't be an issue if all your toons are lvl 1 clones, but lag is still a problem.

Moving 6 toons between quests is a royal PITA.  Greater bracelet of friends can mitigate this (but if you're trying to avoid spending cash, then no good), or bracelet of friends (from cards) is feasible - but you need to carry quite a few around.  Ship beacons are also great where you want or need to replenish Ship buffs.

Korthos quests are good as they're all in proximity to a central point.
try to select quests where you don't need to move your 5 pikers to complete.  And watch the quests that spawn mobs at the start after you've moved a certain way into the quest.   Wink

Be aware of scaling if you're going to try and run Elite quests with a single lvl 1 toon with 5 pikers.  As you're on new accounts across servers, you'll start off with nada, so no pimping toons out with good gear.  You could keep one toon per server to hold onto any good unbound ML0/ML1 gear for future runs.
If you're not VIP, factor in having to run on normal once and getting less favor, or having to rerun a quest 3 times to get Elite favor.

I don't do this for TP, but I do it sometimes to get some mules coin lords & Kundarak favor for extra slots.  It doesn't take long to become pretty tedious.

Good luck Fiddle.

IP Logged

FiddlePigSticker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
hmm some good realistic points, thanks I appreciate it.  I might go vip for a month on one toon to be able to elite open all.  and Im sure i will fork some real cash in once just gets too grueling. i just cannot afford the large lump at the moment.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
OP, what you're suggesting would take some REAL dedication.  I happen to know of someone on Orien who already has the top airship for his guild, and he's always looking for dedicated people.  If you're also happy and disciplined, you're a shoe-in.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
qweeve wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:40pm:
OP, what you're suggesting would take some REAL dedication.  I happen to know of someone on Orien who already has the top airship for his guild, and he's always looking for dedicated people.  If you're also happy and disciplined, you're a shoe-in.

You forgot the most important part. That guy on Orien is an absolute pillar of the DDO community!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:44pm:
You forgot the most important part. That guy on Orien is an absolute pillar of the DDO community!

Pillar or Pillock?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:45pm:
Pillar or Pillock?

Penis. He meant penis. When in doubt, it's always penis.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

FiddlePigSticker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
lol....Resistance is Penile!

Hey Virtualgib, that would be cool. I hope after this mission that im not too burnt out on game. I do want to be more active on the other servers. although I have this funny feeling servers might be consolidated. i deffinetly see less players, IDK if DDO being on steam has kept it alive thus far.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #9 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 12:53am
Print Post  
FiddlePigSticker wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 8:28pm:
I figured instead of depositing the $200 some odd dollars, I would make multiple accounts and run them all to 100 favor each server.

You pay yourself seriously low wages.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

FiddlePigSticker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Your a towel

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #11 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:01am
Print Post  
WHy dont you sell stuff on asah?
Besides, you dont really need biggest ship since you will have a lot of empty space on it.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:01am by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

FiddlePigSticker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
I have sold few things here n there on the auction, just seems i cannot generate much with what i have available.  I am not set on the titan, the Stormglory Typhoon or glaive would be ok too, seeing as my guild almost 70 so would want something better than the PP ship

IP Logged

FiddlePigSticker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Well, running 5 accounts including my main through all the servers.  just doing korthos,  the 3 village quests and collaborator.  will be getting about 600 tp each account(100 shards)
so 3000 tp roughly 500 shards.  so its begining to look more realistic without going nuts to just get the glaive or hopefully trefoil. 

the major drag ive noticed is making the the accounts n getting them through the grotto...on each server..lol.

but all in all this is really possible on a good comp and some MOJOR free time., mainly why i had this idea to just kill some time n zen out untill i wait 2 weeks for some cash..lol

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #14 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
On the bright side, look at all the mules you have now.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #15 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
FiddlePigSticker wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:42pm:
the major drag ive noticed is making the the accounts n getting them through the grotto...on each server..lol.

Just make sure you only need to do this on the first toon for each account (for each server).  Takes about 5-10 mins to create and run thru first mandatory quest.
After that, all other toons get the option to speak to Jeets and bypass the grotto.

Your grind has only just begun Padawan Figgle.....
Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2014 at 10:00pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

FiddlePigSticker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
qweeve wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 7:48pm:
On the bright side, look at all the mules you have now.

hha yeah..maybe make a full set of cards on each server..lol

IP Logged

FiddlePigSticker
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
speaking of which, I wonder. I notice all toons start off with a set (need be level 4 to open) so, what happens on a F2P account u delete that goofy toon. does unopened box just disappear or do u get it back ...ahh questions questions..to just useless info..lol. 

mainly im wondering cause it WOULD be cool to have a good toon on each server with a Cruncher since F2P do not have shared bank....o wait a minute cruncher can go into the shared bag though i believe...
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2014 at 10:38pm by FiddlePigSticker »  

IP Logged

ghostbane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 10:47pm:
Penis. He meant penis. When in doubt, it's always penis.

...and cleaning my drink off the monitor now

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #19 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 2:32am
Print Post  
FiddlePigSticker wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 10:37pm:
speaking of which, I wonder. I notice all toons start off with a set (need be level 4 to open) so, what happens on a F2P account u delete that goofy toon. does unopened box just disappear or do u get it back ...ahh questions questions..to just useless info..lol. 

mainly im wondering cause it WOULD be cool to have a good toon on each server with a Cruncher since F2P do not have shared bank....o wait a minute cruncher can go into the shared bag though i believe...

Appears on first toon of account.
Once deleted it is gone sorry.
Best to keep first toon in that case and use 2nd toon (allowed 2 on FTP).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint